ADVERTISEMENT

GREAT GAME Kyle Trask

He really played well. He missed a few open guys, but for the most part he was really good. First start in an environment like this....

Reactions: ceilo77
The TD pass was luck Perine wasn’t even the target. There was a series in the 3rd or 4th where it made absolutely no sense to use Emory and we went like 3 and out.

Look, sadgator has nothing against Emory, but Trask is getting shit done. No need to take him out for a critical series. It negatively affected us, and it isn’t even debatable...

That said, sadgator has consumed about half a bottle of knob creek, so take it for what it’s worth...

Reactions: ceilo77
The TD pass was luck Perine wasn’t even the target. There was a series in the 3rd or 4th where it made absolutely no sense to use Emory and we went like 3 and out.

Look, sadgator has nothing against Emory, but Trask is getting shit done. No need to take him out for a critical series. It negatively affected us, and it isn’t even debatable...

That said, sadgator has consumed about half a bottle of knob creek, so take it for what it’s worth...
Trask had a 3 and out as well. Just before the series you were talking about. The pass to Perine is a pass winners make.

Yea we had just gone three and out the series before. People are misremembering. LSU had manned up and decided to come after Trask, it was the right time for a change up. Didn't work that series but that isn't why we lost the game.

Trask is playing well...tough game to play on your 3rd start....Trask had 1 'bad throw' that cost us 7 points but he forced the ball several times that almost cost us and yes we got super lucky with the Perine catch...that was a freaking Christmas miracle lol but I'll take it. Trask is a very good passer but still inexperienced. I'm not sure how high is ceiling is but I'm impressed with his play.

Emory looked really good IMO and gave us an 11 on 11 match up that helped big time.If Pitts doesn't drop that ball it's a TD. I typically don't like the 2 QB system but even SOS did it at times. It's a positive in my book.

Emory gives us a different kind of offense, one that fits this system better but for now Trask is the guy...glad we have him.

Reactions: angarsk53
If you were a guy in the last row of the upper deck and Emory came in, you knew he was going to run...very limiting...
Yes he has more designed running plays than Trask but they are all positive plays and he can run. He throws it too but his play has been limited...he also hands the ball off...not sure how many snaps he got...maybe 12-15 and they asked him to throw it 2 times. I would have to see the game again but I think he's had to escape the pocket...one of his throws should have been a TD.

He is a great player. Dan has to stop the QB switching. It killed us tonight.
Especially late in the game when y'all had 2nd and long, and DM ran Emory right up the middle. He seems to take Trask out when he was killing LSU. I liked it, but was scratching my head a bit. Regardless, Trask impressed me.

Reactions: sadgator
sadgator ain’t sayin’ that Jones won’t be great, and that he didn’t have some good moments last night...He will be and did...

But Trask was really playing well last night...and switching it up so much just seemed unnecessary and counter-productive ...

what did Jones have like 3 total pass attempts?...c’mon...you guys gotta admit, when he comes in, it’s a good bet he’s running...

Dan knows what he is doing, so good thing sadgator isn’t the coach...

and remember...sadgator consumed an entire vat of bourbon...so...

sadgator ain’t sayin’ that Jones won’t be great, and that he didn’t have some good moments last night...He will be and did...

But Trask was really playing well last night...and switching it up so much just seemed unnecessary and counter-productive ...

what did Jones have like 3 total pass attempts?...c’mon...you guys gotta admit, when he comes in, it’s a good bet he’s running...

Dan knows what he is doing, so good thing sadgator isn’t the coach...

and remember...sadgator consumed an entire vat of bourbon...so...
Trask played great...I'm not saying he shouldn't be the starter but Jones makes our office more dynamic. The threat of Jones running helps our running game and opens up the passing game too. Trask just must know the offense better and is more ahead.

Trask finds open guys in a way that a Florida QB hasn’t in like a decade...it’s true...

now of course we have awesome receivers, so kind of a chicken-egg thing...but Franks couldn’t do it as well as Trask is right now...

He’s really fun to watch.

Trask finds open guys in a way that a Florida QB hasn’t in like a decade...it’s true...

now of course we have awesome receivers, so kind of a chicken-egg thing...but Franks couldn’t do it as well as Trask is right now...

He’s really fun to watch.
Agree, nice to see an over looked guy get his chance and play really well.

He is a great player. Dan has to stop the QB switching. It killed us tonight.

The benefit is that defenses have to double prepare for us. I haven't really seen a downside. Heck, Dan seems to do it when defenses have starting getting overaggressive on the pass rush, hoping they will continue to lose run contain and Jones can break one.

I tell you, when we get a fully stocked roster with his guys, we are going to be tremendous.

I like using Jones to open up the running game. He looks like a real good player long term and an effective player right now. I just thought Trask was playing too well to be messing with in the second half. Even juggling the QBs before Trask’s pick and all that circus shit at the goal line. I would have just let Trask ball, but Mullen obviously knows what he’s doing. I do think Trask played better in that game than Mullen expected and Mullen probably thought he would need more help than it turned out.

Reactions: sadgator
Sad STFU please. The QB switching had zero effect on our defense not stopping LSU's offense. For fvcks sake Emory had the best rushing average and threw a TD pass.

The #1 problem for the defense was due to the biased-corrupt SEC officials.
List all of the holding calls they made against LSU (that was holding all night)).

Now, combine that with:
Neither starting DE (Zuniga-Greenard) was able to play due to injuries.
That, along with the constant OL holding and not being called for it, gave the LSU QB plenty of time to sit in the pocket and throw the ball. o_O

The strength of their team (passing) was fortified by the officials, while it helped to negate the strength of the Gator team (defense). It's amazing that they kept it as close as they did. :cool:

Our All SEC CB's had a chitty night.
CB C.J. Henderson - 3 Tkls, 3 PBU's.
CB Marco Wilson --- 1 Tkl
The defense again gets the O'lay Award.... :rolleyes:

By the end of the game, the officials weren't even calling the holding/interference on the LSU DB's. :mad:
I turned the game off 'disgusted' with the officials in the 3rd quarter. I speed watched it later when I could fast forward through the lame commentary, time-outs, and commercials.

Trask - 23 of 39 59%, for 310 yds, 3 TD's, 1 Int, L-64
Rush - 10 for 21 yds, 2.1 ypc, L-12

Jones - 1 of 3 33% for 1 yd, 1 TD, 0 Int L-1
Rush - 9 for 36 yds, 4 ypc, L-12

Perine - 17 for 65 yds, 3.8 ypc, 0 TD, L-17
Rec - 2 for 12 yds, 1 TD, L-11

Reactions: bradleygator
I never bitch about refs, but the absence of holding calls against LSU was ridiculous. Just about every play Burrow was running around and the d-linemen were getting turned, and those are flagged all the time. I don't think they got a holding call all night.

I never bitch about refs, but the absence of holding calls against LSU was ridiculous. Just about every play Burrow was running around and the d-linemen were getting turned, and those are flagged all the time. I don't think they got a holding call all night.

If they did, then I missed it.
Anyone that knows anything about football knows that holding by the OL happens on a regular basis. So either LSU has the greatest OL of all time, or the corrupt officials were paid to not call holding. o_O

With all of the cheating, lying, and fake news, the SEC officials must be Demorats... :cool:

There was only 1 holding penalty called all night, so I am sure the refs missed a ton by both teams.

There was only 1 holding penalty called all night, so I am sure the refs missed a ton by both teams.

I agree they were letting them play both ways. But Burrow made quite a few big plays running around with defenders getting turned, and you always see flags there.

Don’t disagree that you guys were better though.

Reactions: tigerfreakdave1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT