ADVERTISEMENT

Grantham out

I would love to see Charlie Strong brought back

Pluto,

As we all know, Charlie Strong turned down an offer to be an analyst for Dan Mullen & the Gators. He is currently on the Alabama Staff working as an analyst for Nick Saban & DC Pete Golding.

Interesting article -

Alabama Football: How much do analysts add to Crimson Tide staff
https://bamahammer.com/2020/02/19/alabama-football-analysts-crimson-tide-staff/

With the addition of Charlie Strong to the Alabama football staff, how much will he and other analysts impact the Crimson Tide staff?
There are two opposing sides to a former head coach becoming an Alabama football analyst. One is the opportunity to learn from the game’s best in Nick Saban. The other is being viewed by outsiders as an odd appendage. There is seemingly no end to jokes about former Tennessee Volunteer, head coach Butch Jones washing Nick Saban’s car.

Butch Jones, Major Applewhite, Mike Stoops and now Charlie Strong are serious about football. Each of them brings to Tuscaloosa a skill set of value. Hoping to use their time working for Nick Saban as a springboard to future on-field opportunities is smart.

Plus, they can share the off-field workload that otherwise might over-burden the on-field, assistant coaching staff.

No Crimson Tide assistant coach or analyst will ever fundamentally change a Nick Saban defense. They must all work within Nick’s system. Inside that constraint is plenty of room for tweaks. Having those extra, experienced minds analyzing opposing offenses is of great value.

Makes me wonder how Saban structures his defense & how he uses his analysts.

After spending a year doing post graduate work on Saban's staff, Charlie Strong should be capable of answering these questions.

One of the complaints about Grantham has been his inability to change & adapt to today's new offenses.

If Pete Golding has the super-sharp, young mind Nick Saban thinks he has, he will welcome Charlie Strong ‘s experience. The coaching association could pay off for both of them.

If Charlie has been able to blend his prior experience with innovative new ideas from Saban & Golding it might work our for Mullen & the Gators.

Pluto,

As we all know, Charlie Strong turned down an offer to be an analyst for Dan Mullen & the Gators. He is currently on the Alabama Staff working as an analyst for Nick Saban & DC Pete Golding.

Interesting article -

Alabama Football: How much do analysts add to Crimson Tide staff
https://bamahammer.com/2020/02/19/alabama-football-analysts-crimson-tide-staff/

With the addition of Charlie Strong to the Alabama football staff, how much will he and other analysts impact the Crimson Tide staff?
There are two opposing sides to a former head coach becoming an Alabama football analyst. One is the opportunity to learn from the game’s best in Nick Saban. The other is being viewed by outsiders as an odd appendage. There is seemingly no end to jokes about former Tennessee Volunteer, head coach Butch Jones washing Nick Saban’s car.

Butch Jones, Major Applewhite, Mike Stoops and now Charlie Strong are serious about football. Each of them brings to Tuscaloosa a skill set of value. Hoping to use their time working for Nick Saban as a springboard to future on-field opportunities is smart.

Plus, they can share the off-field workload that otherwise might over-burden the on-field, assistant coaching staff.

No Crimson Tide assistant coach or analyst will ever fundamentally change a Nick Saban defense. They must all work within Nick’s system. Inside that constraint is plenty of room for tweaks. Having those extra, experienced minds analyzing opposing offenses is of great value.

Makes me wonder how Saban structures his defense & how he uses his analysts.

After spending a year doing post graduate work on Saban's staff, Charlie Strong should be capable of answering these questions.

One of the complaints about Grantham has been his inability to change & adapt to today's new offenses.

If Pete Golding has the super-sharp, young mind Nick Saban thinks he has, he will welcome Charlie Strong ‘s experience. The coaching association could pay off for both of them.

If Charlie has been able to blend his prior experience with innovative new ideas from Saban & Golding it might work our for Mullen & the Gators.

Saban has made it a habit of bringing in these consultants. For the former head coaches I presume they use it as a rehabiliatory job on their tarnished names. For Saban I presume he can have an experienced hand teaching his young assistants after losing coordinators regularly . Saban doesn't let them game plan, or alter his game plan. They do help his assistants like the article points out.

I'm just nostalgic I suppose.

Who in their right mind would want to be coached by or play in the Grantham system?
(the McLame 3-stars that he sent on to the NFL said they loved him, but what would they know)

S/LB A.Burney ****
CB/Atar T.Dean ****
WDE A.Chatfield ****
OLB D.Reese ****

CB K.Elam ****
WDE K.Bogle ****
OLB T.Hopper ****
OLB M.Diabate ****
WDE/LB L.Summerall ****
DT Jaelin Humphries ****
CB J.Hill ****
CB C.Kimbrough ***
OLB J.Pierre ***
ILB D.Black **** - went JuCo and returns in 2021 class
DE J.Greenard **** - Grad xfer UL

DT G.Dexter *****
OLB D.Wingo ****
CB E.Pouncey ****
WDE A.Powell ****
SDE P.Umanmieien ****
S K.Wilcoxson ****
S R.Torrence III ****
CB M.McDaniel ****
DT L.Goods ****
DT J.Lee ****
CB F.Graham ***
S T.Johnson ***
OLB/WDE B.Cox ***** - xfer UGly
OLB N.Keeter *** - xfer UCLA

CB J.Marshall *****
WDE J.Williams ****
SDE T.Sapp ****
S C.Collier ****
S D.McMillion ****
OLB D.Black ****
OLB C.Borders ****
SDE J.Boone ****
DT D.Watson ****
CB J.Young ***
DT C.Thomas ***
S D.Mitchell ***

So he can't coach (Top 10 in 18-19), and he has a bad system, and he can't recruit either.... :rolleyes:

IF they hire a new DC, he will damn sure have a better roster start than Todd had.
So if he/they don't produce a Top 10 D every single year, then you genius types had better have a revolving door backup plan in place by year 3 of the new DC's tenure.... 🤓

Last edited:
There is no downside in a change. If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

NavigatorII,

12 steps to freedom from bad defense !

Unfortunately, it's probably just a dream !

"...Dan Mullen has only fired one coordinator in his more than 12 years as a head coach.

When Manny Diaz left Mississippi State to take the defensive coordinator job at Miami, Dan Mullen hired Peter Sirmon away from USC. Sirmon lasted just one season in Starkville before Mullen fired him and replaced him with — yeah, you should have seen this coming — Todd Grantham.

Mullen has expressed confidence and faith in Grantham when asked about his DC’s job performance. As the season went on, Mullen would only say that Grantham would be evaluated after the season, as all of his coaches would.

The Gators’ defense didn’t live up to its recent standard in 2020 and, ultimately,

that needs to fall on the defensive coordinator’s shoulders.

Will it be enough to make Dan Mullen do something he’s only ever done once before ? "

https://florida.rivals.com/news/florida-gators-holiday-wish-list

I get excited every time I see this thread title ............. then I remember.... aw shit. Fake News.:oops:

Fire Clod Grantham.
Fire the moron that hired him twice as a DC.
Fire the village idiot AD that retained them both and gave them raises.
Disband the UAA that put it all together.

Remember, fish (and sports programs) rot from the HEAD down....

Fire Clod Grantham.
Fire the moron that hired him twice as a DC.
Fire the village idiot AD that retained them both and gave them raises.
Disband the UAA that put it all together.

Remember, fish (and sports programs) rot from the HEAD down....

this is so disingenuous.

that attempt at a nickname has none of the classic insta childness to it.

weak.

Reactions: GatorNation79
this is so disingenuous.

that attempt at a nickname has none of the classic insta childness to it.

weak.
It’s been a wild year. Could be exhaustion. I say we help out. Here are my recommendations:
Glob Tramp-ham
Ddot Mahtnarg
Dicknose

Ignore. Bored with the dunnygoaters BS long ago, so now I allow him to spit at me from the back door, where he has always belonged....

But hey fsucks, ask that football genius about his take on the 2 star HS backup Eagle Scout that should never even been given a Gator ship....

Damn! That’s the winner. Are you on his ignore or is he just jealous he didn’t come up with it?

did you notice how he just claimed to have me on ignore?

weird how he always knows what I post but I'm always on ignore.

this guy....I swear.

I figured the dunnygoater would be triggered to spit some more from the back door, so when I saw him come up again so soon after my post, I clicked him off ignore to see what the little village idiot had to spew.

Apparently he's too stupid to realize that whenever he posts, it shows up on my page as 'you are ignoring this poster,' which doesn't require me to click him off ignore to know that he's posted some more of his always boring village idiot crap. 😏

Now, back on ignore for the dunnygoater twit...

PS
Whatever you posted above, I didn't read, so you can whine and snivel some more to the few jerks that agree with you, or at least read your crap, even if they don't agree with it...

I figured the dunnygoater would be triggered to spit some more from the back door, so when I saw him come up again so soon after my post, I clicked him off ignore to see what the little village idiot had to spew.

Apparently he's too stupid to realize that whenever he posts, it shows up on my page as 'you are ignoring this poster,' which doesn't require me to click him off ignore to know that he's posted some more of his always boring village idiot crap. 😏

Now, back on ignore for the dunnygoater twit...

PS
Whatever you posted above, I didn't read, so you can whine and snivel some more to the few jerks that agree with you, or at least read your crap, even if they don't agree with it...

read your own post.

you just said it doesn't require you to take me off of ignore.

And then you said "Now, back on ignore."

so....you admit you took me off of ignore? Just to respond and ignore me again? Until the next time you do the exact same thing?

Weird little man you are.

You are ignoring content by this member.
It says this:
“read your own post.

so....you admit you took me off of ignore? Just to respond and ignore me again? Until the next time you do the exact same thing?”

It says this:
“read your own post.

so....you admit you took me off of ignore? Just to respond and ignore me again? Until the next time you do the exact same thing?”

wait....are you not on the revolving door of ignored list?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT