ADVERTISEMENT

Goya Goya gone!

I’m sure that will work out well for him. I sense an apology coming in 3....2...1

I’m sure that will work out well for him. I sense an apology coming in 3....2...1

..for the crime of supporting the president of the United States. We are a country divided and somehow both sides have more than their fair share of stupid.

..for the crime of supporting the president of the United States. We are a country divided and somehow both sides have more than their fair share of stupid.

I agree the boycott is dumb, but that why retail businessmen shouldn’t be taking political ides. It’s bad for business.

And It’s just as stupid as the people on here that boycotted Nike, and are saying they are going to buy more Goya products.

I agree the boycott is dumb, but that why retail businessmen shouldn’t be taking political ides. It’s bad for business.

And It’s just as stupid as the people on here that boycotted Nike, and are saying they are going to buy more Goya products.

I have no issue with people boycotting products. I just personally think boycotting a product because the company's leadership supports the sitting president is stupid...but more power to them.

I don't buy Nike anymore. I used to wear Nike shoes almost exclusively. If Nike had supported Obama, instead of the doing the whole CK thing, I'd still wear Nikes today. Obama was the president...why would I hate the idea of an American company supporting an American president?

I wouldn't.

Reactions: nail1988
I have no issue with people boycotting products. I just personally think boycotting a product because the company's leadership supports the sitting president is stupid...but more power to them.

I don't buy Nike anymore. I used to wear Nike shoes almost exclusively. If Nike had supported Obama, instead of the doing the whole CK thing, I'd still wear Nikes today. Obama was the president...why would I hate the idea of an American company supporting an American president?

I wouldn't.
You’re probably in the minority. At least on here. I promise you that if some company came out for Biden, many people on here would be boycotting. Starting with @gatordad3

You certainly have the right to boycott Nike. Especially considering CKs stance on LEOs. But I still think boycotts are dumb. I still buy Chick-fil-A even though their CEO hates the gays.

You’re probably in the minority. At least on here. I promise you that if some company came out for Biden, many people on here would be boycotting. Starting with @gatordad3

You certainly have the right to boycott Nike. Especially considering CKs stance on LEOs. But I still think boycotts are dumb. I still buy Chick-fil-A even though their CEO hates the gays.

Admittedly the timing is shitty. It's not a great idea for a company to publicly support either candidate in the runup to an election. Companies of course have always done that monetarily behind the scenes...also not a great idea.

I was more speaking to the idea of supporting the president. I would prefer it if our companies did that more often, not less, regardless of who sat in the oval. If the company has a legit business grievance, I get that too but would of course prefer that said company would attempt to use discretion and tact prior to blasting a sitting president...any president.

Reactions: nail1988 and BSC911
I don't believe that Chik-fil-A's CEO, past or present, has ever "hated" the gays. He simply wouldn't compromise his religious convictions by saying "gay is ok...with God."
I know. I was just trolling there. I have no problem with people’s religious beliefs as long as it doesn’t infringe upon others rights.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

Who said I boycotted Nike? All I said is Colon is a joke of a QB. I could care less what he opposes.

Meh! I can't stop wearing Nike just because some one time over hyped QB got pissed off when he got benched while most observers stated the obvious that Colon K sucks on the field.
I can, they have crap products these days. My need to wear MJ's is no longer and I can't run (only walk) so New Balance or Addidas is adequate for cross-training type shoes.

I can, they have crap products these days. My need to wear MJ's is no longer and I can't run (only walk) so New Balance or Addidas is adequate for cross-training type shoes.
I do agree they have certain crap products (like their shoes) but I still buy their clothes for the gym and running.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Can anyone recommend any Goya products in particular?
Dude, in all seriousness...they have the best garbonzo beans on the market...No politics are getting in between sadgator and his chick peas...that’s one of those line drawing places...
00041331123334-Bn23TyyNEbdbIQ-0_s500.jpg

Today I, my mask and my wife went to the store. First time I have bought Goya. I got some beans and adobo seasoning. I have eaten stuff with adobo but never made anything myself. Looking forward to using it.

Dang it was 28 oz for 3 bucks! Its gonna last a while.

Lol. U feel the same way about athletes and what they do or actors ? I agree they should stay out of politics but yet when it works for the left then it gets a pass. fyi- I haven’t I will never buy Nike again. So happy to hear how much they have lost. They deserve it. Supporting an anti American disrespecting the anthem! **** Kap!

Lol. U feel the same way about athletes and what they do or actors ? I agree they should stay out of politics but yet when it works for the left then it gets a pass. fyi- I haven’t I will never buy Nike again. So happy to hear how much they have lost. They deserve it. Supporting an anti American disrespecting the anthem! **** Kap!
Nike seems to be doing fine.

I don’t really pay attention to what athletes or actors say. While they certainly have the right to voice their opinion, that’s all it is. I can either agree or disagree with them. I still listen to Ted Nugent, and watch James Woods movies.

And it appears you still don’t get the protest movement. It’s not about the anthem.

Nike seems to be doing fine.

I don’t really pay attention to what athletes or actors say. While they certainly have the right to voice their opinion, that’s all it is. I can either agree or disagree with them. I still listen to Ted Nugent, and watch James Woods movies.

And it appears you still don’t get the protest movement. It’s not about the anthem.
Ur apparently not up to date on their losses. Lol. Yeah they still have a lot of money but they also lost a lot. It will continue also.
Oh, I get their so called protest movement but I don’t along with a lot more ppl agree with this cause nor how they are going about it. 1st. U don’t disrespect ur country that gives u a right to for a cause data doesn’t even support.
ex.. say they say we need to show respect for Kobe Bryant death with a moment of silence. When they do so I decide to scream for my cause what ever it may be. So I ask, is that disrespectful??? Yes! Same goes for standing for our Anthem. Just because u have a right to doesn’t make it ok and I don’t give a shit how many military ppl u may know who are ok with it. It’s disrespectful!

Ur apparently not up to date on their losses. Lol. Yeah they still have a lot of money but they also lost a lot. It will continue also.
Oh, I get their so called protest movement but I don’t along with a lot more ppl agree with this cause nor how they are going about it. 1st. U don’t disrespect ur country that gives u a right to for a cause data doesn’t even support.
ex.. say they say we need to show respect for Kobe Bryant death with a moment of silence. When they do so I decide to scream for my cause what ever it may be. So I ask, is that disrespectful??? Yes! Same goes for standing for our Anthem. Just because u have a right to doesn’t make it ok and I don’t give a shit how many military ppl u may know who are ok with it. It’s disrespectful!

First of all, I agree that is not the right forum to show your displeasure with certain aspects of your country. But that’s his right afforded to him by the constitution. Whether you or I agree with it misses the point. When your country has failed you, like he apparently believes it has, then that is one way to show it. It was intended to draw intention. Again, I’m not agreeing with him, only understanding where he is coming from.

No different than the protestors burning the American flag during the Vietnam War. Yes, it’s disrespectful to the flag and your country, but that’s the intended message. And like the American public losing support for the Vietnam War, Karp’s protests seems to have resonated with many people and leading to real change.

Some are “America, love it or leave it” types. Others are inclined to voice their opposition when they feel it has wronged them. Both types are real Americans.

First of all, I agree that is not the right forum to show your displeasure with certain aspects of your country. But that’s his right afforded to him by the constitution. Whether you or I agree with it misses the point. When your country has failed you, like he apparently believes it has, then that is one way to show it. It was intended to draw intention. Again, I’m not agreeing with him, only understanding where he is coming from.

No different than the protestors burning the American flag during the Vietnam War. Yes, it’s disrespectful to the flag and your country, but that’s the intended message. And like the American public losing support for the Vietnam War, Karp’s protests seems to have resonated with many people and leading to real change.

Some are “America, love it or leave it” types. Others are inclined to voice their opposition when they feel it has wronged them. Both types are real Americans.

Yes like I said they have that right but it is not extended while at work. I don’t know any other company that would allow someone to just stop and kneel such as the NFL. Which is why they continue to loss fans.
Let’s get this straight! The country hasn’t failed them or anyone else! Everyone is free to do as they wish and make anything of urself. Racism isn’t as wide spread as the LEFT WING media is trying to portray. That’s completely bs! Nothing is stop any person of color from achieving anything. As for cops, there are bad cops and good cops. Far fewer bad cops then the media is putting out there. U only see what sells for news. That is not a reflection of reality. Data doesn’t support it! So urs or anyone else’s feelings can relax cause facts don’t care about ur feelings.
Ppl don’t agree with burning the flags nor did they like it then. So what’s ur pt? Ppl are free to do stupid unpatriotic things? I agree.
As for kap, him drawing attention is a joke. I black kid raised by white parents who never was without and makes millions. He has no idea of anyone living in poverty is. I had a worse upbringing by a large amount than him. Lol. He cause is bs also! No data to support it other than cherry picking the news for white cops on blks criminals.
If he was really about change and improving life for blks he would be about discussing on the topics with ppl who could make it happen and that is Trump! Just like Black Lives matter organization, they are both a pos organization out for money n not to help make positive change.

Reactions: gatordad3
Yes like I said they have that right but it is not extended while at work. I don’t know any other company that would allow someone to just stop and kneel such as the NFL. Which is why they continue to loss fans.
Let’s get this straight! The country hasn’t failed them or anyone else! Everyone is free to do as they wish and make anything of urself. Racism isn’t as wide spread as the LEFT WING media is trying to portray. That’s completely bs! Nothing is stop any person of color from achieving anything. As for cops, there are bad cops and good cops. Far fewer bad cops then the media is putting out there. U only see what sells for news. That is not a reflection of reality. Data doesn’t support it! So urs or anyone else’s feelings can relax cause facts don’t care about ur feelings.
Ppl don’t agree with burning the flags nor did they like it then. So what’s ur pt? Ppl are free to do stupid unpatriotic things? I agree.
As for kap, him drawing attention is a joke. I black kid raised by white parents who never was without and makes millions. He has no idea of anyone living in poverty is. I had a worse upbringing by a large amount than him. Lol. He cause is bs also! No data to support it other than cherry picking the news for white cops on blks criminals.
If he was really about change and improving life for blks he would be about discussing on the topics with ppl who could make it happen and that is Trump! Just like Black Lives matter organization, they are both a pos organization out for money n not to help make positive change.

That’s part of what I disagree with him about. An employer certainly has the right to tell it’s employees whether or not they can protest while at work.

And LOL.at Trump. He’s the one that told them to STFU.

BTW, Nike is trading near it’s all time high.

NKE $96.30 (-0.17%) on Yahoo Finance
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NKE?p=NKE

Last edited:
That’s part of what I disagree with him about. Your employer certainly has the right to tell it’s employees whether or not they can protest while at work.

And LOL.at Trump. He’s the one that told them to STFU.

BTW, Nike is trading near it’s all time high.

NKE $96.30 (-0.17%) on Yahoo Finance
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NKE?p=NKE

Yes he did and they should STFU when it comes to politics. That’s simple to understand y. As for making change, he spoke to Kenya’s wife for Gods sake! Lol. And look how that make change. He has a history of working with anyone willing to sit down and talk about issues.
Nike loses $790 million. That’s no chump change. Lol
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...e-790m-loss-coronavirus-pandemic-earnings.amp

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT