ADVERTISEMENT

Gov Ron DeSantis lifting attendance restrictions in Florida

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
A DeSantis spokesperson made it clear that after the governor recently dropped COVID-19 restrictions, all Florida stadiums were able to go to full capacity.

In response to DeSantis’ announcement, University of Florida officials released their own statement about the stadium attendance plans.

“We will continue to follow the guidance provided by our experts at UF Health as well as campus officials,” the statement read, per Kassidy Hill.

Another DeSantis comment -

"Last month, DeSantis said he “very much” supports fans at Tampa Bay Bucs games because it will show that the region is ready for Super Bowl LV, which is scheduled for Sunday, February 7, 2021 at Raymond James Stadium, FOX 29 reported.

“We’re going to be able to host the Super Bowl in February. We expect to do a full Super Bowl. We’re going to show that we’re going to be able to do that,” DeSantis said."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...s-lifting-attendance-restrictions-in-florida/

This is a Gator Sports board, not a political forum, but still felt that this policy change in stadium attendance was worth mentioning.

Any concentration of large numbers of people, who don't maintain social distancing, is cause for concern. Potential for so-called "Super Spreader Event (SSE)" is real.

Consequences of first SSE - Sturgis, S.D. Motorcycle Rally - are unknown with contrary opinions from "experts" on both sides of the debate.

Since all SEC State Governments will have different opinions, assuming that SEC will step in with uniform stadium seating regulations.

It’s impossible to not make this political. Pointing out motorcycle rallies, sporting events, etc and even insinuating the potential of being SSE’s while completely ignoring protests, riots, and funerals for the political class is completely hypocritical. The virus is serious enough without exacerbating it with blatant hypocrisy drawn on political lines.

fsumc,

See & understand your point !

IMO, no chance in hell to enforce COVID regulations - wearing a mask or practice of social distancing in a protest or a riot & I have never seen a funeral with 80,000 mourners in attendance.

I ignored them because there is nothing short of absolute police state tactics that could influence/regulate those events.

I am not convinced that the Pandemic is over; IMO, mass crowds can / will cause a spike in COVID cases.

Seating - total attendance & social distancing in a stadium can & should be regulated for the foreseeable future.

Until we get a proven vaccine, I think we need to maintain crowd control, masks, & social distancing.

The funeral comment was a direct shot at the John Lewis funeral that had zero social distancing by the policy makers of these draconian measures.

Either the virus is serious and those participating in protests or riots need to be condemned for breaking the law as well as spreading the virus or it’s not and let law abiding citizens decide if they want to put themselves in harms way. We can’t pick and choose when to be angry about preventative measures. We can’t have a value system so out of whack that only law abiding citizens are condemned for unethical behavior.

I have no problem with the Gators packing out their stadium, concourses, restrooms, concession areas, private rooms in stadium, crowded tailgating and all bars around the stadium. I support the Gator fans and Coach Mullen! Go Gators!

I think its obvious that unless you are really old or have a pre existing condition you are at almost no risk.... Open it up

What about season ticket holders who are older? They cant attend now? Some good loyal folks in that crowd.

As to filling the SWAMP, the Florida state wide Kung Flu death rate is 0.06% of the population, with most of the deaths among the elderly with other medical conditions (the old and already medically compromised).

Dan already has a pair, so the UF Admin. needs to put their liberal politics aside and grow a pair....

ESPN 'Fake News' -- that only the blind or idiots would believe:
UF / aTm game attendance = 24,709 (about 1/3 of reality)

S.I. 'Fake News' -- Phase 3 of pandemic recovery in Florida, which allows stadiums to return to full capacity despite the lack of a vaccine or a cure for COVID-19 being readily available.

Sorry S.I. but several in use and proven cures are available, as long as you're not in a Blue state that's banning the cures, or listening to a 'tone-deaf' clueless liberal shill sports media outlet...

1) HCQ + Antibody + Zinc

2) Asthma drug with Nebulizer

3) Hydrogen Peroxide Nebulizer

4) Ivermectin

5) Remdesivir (antibody) + Dexamethasone (steroid), supplemented with Zinc, vitamin D, famotidine (antacid), melatonin (antioxidant) and a daily aspirin.

#5 is what a healthy 74 year old President was recently cured with in under 2 weeks. 🤓

WHO now says lockdown is the worst thing you can do.

NYT published story today saying this will be over much sooner than orginally thought, praised the response (WTF ?).

Bad day for the sky is falling crowd; worse day for people who fail to check their sources !

Matches,

Obviously, you believe everything you read on the Internet is true !

"A Dose of Optimism as the Pandemic Rages On" NYT article written by Donald G. McNeil Jr.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/health/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-optimism.html

"...He graduated summa cum laude from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1975 with a bachelor's degree in rhetoric."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_McNeil_Jr.

Rhetoric defined as - "language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content."

Basically, Rhetoric is just BS !

But it is a Great degree /knowledge base for the job of
Science and Health reporter ! LOL

Per Fox News - McNeil wrote. “Events have moved faster than I thought possible. I have become cautiously optimistic. Experts (Name Them !) are saying, with genuine confidence, that the pandemic in the United States will be over far sooner than they expected, possibly by the middle of next year.”

Donald G. McNeil Jr. has NO CREDITENTIALS in Public Health or Medicine !

IMO, his prediction not worth much.

Also he is so in love with his own verbal Diarrhea, he forgets to mention at least one significant / terrifying datum -

The first documented case of coronavirus reinfection in North America surfaced on Monday in a 25-year-old Nevada man.

Fox News 10/13/20 - https://www.foxnews.com/health/first-coronavirus-reinfection-case-us-north-america

Researchers from the University of Nevada, among others, said the level of immunity from infection is unknown, and therefore coronavirus reinfection “is not well understood.”

The findings, published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases, described the Washoe County resident’s two positive nasal swab tests for SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19 disease. He first tested positive at a community testing event on April 18, and again on June 5 with a more severe case requiring hospitalization, and two negative tests thereafter.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30764-7/fulltext#

FWIW - The Lancet is a weekly peer-reviewed general medical journal. It is among the world's oldest and best-known general medical journals. Wikipedia

The Lancet
Oct 05, 1823
Volume 1Number 1p1-36
Originally published as Volume 1, Issue 1

Peer review is the evaluation of work by one or more people with similar competencies as the producers of the work. It functions as a form of self-regulation by qualified members of a profession within the relevant field. Wikipedia

In other words, an article by a Summa Cum Laude Bull Sh**it Artist would NOT be published in the Lancet.

Raise your hand if you believe Donald G. McNeil Jr !

Last edited:
I think its obvious that unless you are really old or have a pre existing condition you are at almost no risk.... Open it up

Science agrees.

Also - because things are open YOU MAY BE AT RISK. Ultimately each individual must make their own decisions - my family is still fairly hunkered down and probably will be through the 1st quarter of next year or so.

Freedom and personal responsibility - America!

- personal responsibility -
We’re being very personally responsible..:

0f7f3fb8-3844-4a88-8cb0-1e871c6e36df-USP_NCAA_Football__Florida_at_Texas_AM_4.jpg

Love, T A&M

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Worst Governor in America
Not close, he absolutely loves showing off his ignorance, what a disgrace

Science agrees.

Also - because things are open YOU MAY BE AT RISK. Ultimately each individual must make their own decisions - my family is still fairly hunkered down and probably will be through the 1st quarter of next year or so.

Freedom and personal responsibility - America!

Im gunna be honest with u... We never hunkered down and went out even when we were in lockdown...... I aint no bitch. Have fun quivering in your basement

Over 70 and in the high risk group.

But I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees.

(or in corrupt Joe Hiden's basement for that matter)

Last edited:
Matches,

Obviously, you believe everything you read on the Internet is true !

"A Dose of Optimism as the Pandemic Rages On" NYT article written by Donald G. McNeil Jr.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/health/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-optimism.html

"...He graduated summa cum laude from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1975 with a bachelor's degree in rhetoric."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_McNeil_Jr.

Rhetoric defined as - "language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content."

Basically, Rhetoric is just BS !

But it is a Great degree /knowledge base for the job of
Science and Health reporter ! LOL

Per Fox News - McNeil wrote. “Events have moved faster than I thought possible. I have become cautiously optimistic. Experts (Name Them !) are saying, with genuine confidence, that the pandemic in the United States will be over far sooner than they expected, possibly by the middle of next year.”

Donald G. McNeil Jr. has NO CREDITENTIALS in Public Health or Medicine !

IMO, his prediction not worth much.

Also he is so in love with his own verbal Diarrhea, he forgets to mention at least one significant / terrifying datum -

The first documented case of coronavirus reinfection in North America surfaced on Monday in a 25-year-old Nevada man.

Fox News 10/13/20 - https://www.foxnews.com/health/first-coronavirus-reinfection-case-us-north-america

Researchers from the University of Nevada, among others, said the level of immunity from infection is unknown, and therefore coronavirus reinfection “is not well understood.”

The findings, published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases, described the Washoe County resident’s two positive nasal swab tests for SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19 disease. He first tested positive at a community testing event on April 18, and again on June 5 with a more severe case requiring hospitalization, and two negative tests thereafter.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30764-7/fulltext#

FWIW - The Lancet is a weekly peer-reviewed general medical journal. It is among the world's oldest and best-known general medical journals. Wikipedia

The Lancet
Oct 05, 1823
Volume 1Number 1p1-36
Originally published as Volume 1, Issue 1

Peer review is the evaluation of work by one or more people with similar competencies as the producers of the work. It functions as a form of self-regulation by qualified members of a profession within the relevant field. Wikipedia

In other words, an article by a Summa Cum Laude Bull Sh**it Artist would NOT be published in the Lancet.

Raise your hand if you believe Donald G. McNeil Jr !

Well I don't believe anything I read from the NYT, which you cited here.

What we know: Lockdowns ENCOURAGE sickness. Someone in a family gets sick, soon the entire family is infected.

Vitamin D combats ALL FLU STRAINS. The body NATURALLY produces Vitamin D when the skin is exposed to SUNLIGHT.

Sunlight is found OUTSIDE. Not indoors.

If the goal is to have fewer deaths, go outside.

if the goal is to have a higher deathrate, stay indoors.

Simply science. We were told to follow the science, so let's do so.

The Gators have athletes test positive for the Communist Red Chinese Kung Flu, but not a single one with symptoms that require a hospital.
Mostly asymptomatic, or with light cold symptoms. Moving right along.... :cool:

In the past, outbreaks of the seasonal colds and flu, or the infamous Gainesville GRIP, have never shut down life. I just wonder if this is a NWO test to see if there is now a big enough percentage of scared chitless cowards in the population, to allow them to overthrow freedom in America. Apparently it's getting close.... 🥴

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said that all 67 Florida school districts are now open for in-classroom instruction. 🤓 ----- Thank you Governor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT