ADVERTISEMENT

Gonna be a lot of angry fans after this year.

LizardGrad89

Bull Gator
Nov 12, 2003
Those missing OOC games are going to cause a lot of heartburn.

Most teams schedule 3-4 OOC wins a year. That takes a 5-3 conference record to 9-3, then a bowl win gives a 10 win season. Fans feel pretty good. But in 10 game SEC schedule that's likely a 6-4 record. Fans aren't going to like being a 6 win team. Most of the smaller bowls will likely be cancelled, so those teams will finish 6-4.

Look at Kentucky. 3-5 in the SEC last year. But they won 4 OOC games and their bowl, so they finished 8-5 and feel pretty good about themselves. This year that same season is likely 4-6. They will like that a lot less.

Then there is us. 7-3 or even 6-4 is a very real possibility if we pick up Bama and @TAMU. How many here are going to grumble if we go 6-4? I know I will.

Heck, Bama is going to have a hell schedule. Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, TAMU. That ain't easy, I don't care who you are.

All I'm saying is, buckle up.

Most teams schedule 3-4 OOC wins a year. That takes a 5-3 conference record to 9-3, then a bowl win gives a 10 win season. Fans feel pretty good. But in 10 game SEC schedule that's likely a 6-4 record. Fans aren't going to like being a 6 win team. Most of the smaller bowls will likely be cancelled, so those teams will finish 6-4.

Look at Kentucky. 3-5 in the SEC last year. But they won 4 OOC games and their bowl, so they finished 8-5 and feel pretty good about themselves. This year that same season is likely 4-6. They will like that a lot less.

Then there is us. 7-3 or even 6-4 is a very real possibility if we pick up Bama and @TAMU. How many here are going to grumble if we go 6-4? I know I will.

Heck, Bama is going to have a hell schedule. Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, TAMU. That ain't easy, I don't care who you are.

Very doubtful season happens.

The first week that SOME high schools re-open, the media will immediately claim there is a massive spike in new covid cases as a result.

The drumbeat will immediately start to go to distance-learning, we made a mistake, it's too damn risky.

Snowball will roll from there.

Dems need everyone sitting at home on Election Day. They aren't going to give up this easily.

Reactions: fsumc and fsu939913
The Gators winning streak over fsu ends this yr!!! Woooo

If we win next year, our win streak will be three. Not sure how this game being cancelled can be considered breaking the streak.

The streak that is being broken is the 62 consecutive years of playing. Do you know how long it takes to build a 62 year streak? SIXTY TWO YEARS! I'll be 126 before the consecutive game streak gets back to this point. Sux.

The first week that SOME high schools re-open, the media will immediately claim there is a massive spike in new covid cases as a result.

The drumbeat will immediately start to go to distance-learning, we made a mistake, it's too damn risky.

Dems need everyone sitting at home on Election Day. They aren't going to give up this easily.
Did you just use the word “covid?” You must be learning...good for you.

Probably right

Just all depends on SOS and all others W/L record.

I do think it lines up easy for Clemson out of any P5 teams. Maybe Oklahoma as well.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Wouldn't it be something if a 3 loss team is crowned the National Champs.

Imagine some kid in 2088 scrolling through the list of title winners on whatever the Wikipediaof 2088 is, rows of undefeated or 1 loss teams then seeing 9-3 Florida Gators as national title winners over 8-4 Clemson.

If we win next year, our win streak will be three. Not sure how this game being cancelled can be considered breaking the streak.

The streak that is being broken is the 62 consecutive years of playing. Do you know how long it takes to build a 62 year streak? SIXTY TWO YEARS! I'll be 126 before the consecutive game streak gets back to this point. Sux.

This is a draw, no winner. So win streak over... Ur 64?

Its a draw in my eyes and thats all that matters. Let me live in my fantasy world. Streak ends this yr
We will play by the Miami mindset. FSU hasn't beaten UF since 2017. Miami has beaten UF since 2013. Just for giggles and the OHS douche that use to troll here, Auburn hasn't beat UF since 2011.

Clemson hasn't beat UF since 1954.

Reactions: fsu939913

Might not happen but I don't care if it's all conference...got to win those no matter what.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT