ADVERTISEMENT

God Bless President Biden

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Biden shutting down oil drilling. Damn you Joe.

The New York Times: Biden Clears the Way for Alaska Oil Project.
Ok. I’m vaguely aware of this project, and it’s good that the Biden administration has approved a “scaled-back” version. I guess it comes down to the definition of “scaled-back”.

I know that North Slope production has been on the decline; which is normal without additional exploration and development. Oil is a significant contributor to Alaska’s revenue, so I’m sure their needs played a significant role in getting this project approved. Accordingly, this is more of a one-off situation than a real commitment by Biden and his band of whackadoodles to the domestic oil and gas industry. Hopefully this project will exceed expectations.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Ok. I’m vaguely aware of this project, and it’s good that the Biden administration has approved a “scaled-back” version. I guess it comes down to the definition of “scaled-back”.

I know that North Slope production has been on the decline; which is normal without additional exploration and development. Oil is a significant contributor to Alaska’s revenue, so I’m sure their needs played a significant role in getting this project approved. Accordingly, this is more of a one-off situation than a real commitment by Biden and his band of whackadoodles to the domestic oil and gas industry. Hopefully this project will exceed expectations.
Alaska has always been a sensitive area to drill because of environmental concerns. Worried about potential damage to the permafrost.

11610186.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988
read.learn

this article explains why these employment numbers @BSC911 @kalimgoodman keep flapping their gums about aren’t really accurate and misleading.

Unemployment Statistics Are Misleading. Economic Hardship Is Much Worse​

Analysis: Headlines still say the job market is strong, but it's not true.

What official figures tell us (and what they don't)​

Let's start with the misconceptions. An unemployment rate of 3.7% does not mean that 96.3% of people in the US are gainfully employed.

Nor does the official unemployment rate represent how many people are collecting federal unemployment insurance. A large percentage of people without jobs aren't even eligible to collect unemployment, such as independent contractors, as well as employees who quit voluntarily or were fired for cause. And a lot of workers who do qualify for jobless benefits remain without work long after their aid runs out, which is usually around 26 weeks.

The BLS' unemployment data comes from the Census Bureau's Current Population Survey, which interviews about 60,000 eligible households each month. For the main BLS figure, called the U-3, the number of unemployed people is recorded as a percentage of the civilian labor force. Individuals are classified as unemployed if (and only if) they meet the following criteria: They must be currently available to work and must have looked for a job in the last four weeks.

That means that someone without a job who is not "actively" seeking work -- whether due to pessimism, family obligations or multiple other reasons -- is considered outside of the labor force and excluded from the U-3 figure.

Getting through to the slow is completely beyond your reach. Without google, can the board's slow tell us which is greater, 6 or 7? 6-7 equals what?

• Love
Getting through to the slow is completely beyond your reach. Without google, can the board's slow tell us which is greater, 6 or 7? 6-7 equals what?
That’s what I’ve been telling everyone. The slow only watch Fox News and think Biden shut down drilling.

Here’s your sign.

This response shocks even me. I thought BSC just might be able to tell us which is the greater number.
Was this from your Mensa test? Oh wait, I proved that was a fraud.

Still waiting on Biden to shut down drilling. This is where you ask Navigator for help again.

This response shocks even me. I thought BSC just might be able to tell us which is the greater number.
Here’s a quiz for you. Which is greater, 250 rigs drilling during the Trump administration, or 750 rigs drilling today? You have 60 seconds. Take your time.

😎

Was this from your Mensa test? Oh wait, I proved that was a fraud.

Still waiting on Biden to shut down drilling. This is where you ask Navigator for help again.
I answered both questions correctly. I thought just maybe you could answer the easy one. DCandtheUTBand can anwer both. Of course DC is far brighter than you.

• Wow
I answered both questions correctly. I thought just maybe you could answer the easy one. DCandtheUTBand can anwer both. Of course DC is far brighter than you.
Perhaps he is. But then I’ve never tried to claim I passed some fake Mensa test like you did. You’re a fraud.

So now, fake Mensa, which drilling activity is greater? Times up.

Here’s a quiz for you. Which is greater, 250 rigs drilling during the Trump administration, or 750 rigs drilling today? You have 60 seconds. Take your time.

😎
Here's a better quiz for ya. Was it Trump or Pedo-Biden that was guilty and needed impeachment over a Quid-Pro-Quo?
If you're having trouble deciding about that, here's the 'out of his own corrupt mouth' truth.

And least anyone forgets it,,, but especially because it annoys some here....

Reality instead of just more BS-C911
💩 ....

Keeping what's important on this BS-C911 thread, front and center....

=====

Report: Biden Administration Considering Pulling Health Care from Veterans to Treat Illegal Aliens = FJB

Did you, or a family member, serve your country with the expectation of receiving the health care benefits you were promised?

Sorry, illegal aliens apparently come first in President Joe Biden’s America.

The Biden administration reportedly is considering diverting doctors from the Department of Veterans Affairs to treat the massive inflow of illegal aliens expected at the southern border this spring and summer.

Hillary Vaughn of Fox Business reported on the insulting slight to American veterans on Thursday, citing a source with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. She quoted the source as saying, “We’re going to take medical services away from people that really deserve that. Who went to combat … to give free medical attention to illegal migrants.” 😡

Use the below link for the rest of the story....
(Trump over-hauled the VA making it much better, while FJB wants to screw us)

• Love
Here's a better quiz for ya. Was it Trump or Pedo-Biden that was guilty and needed impeachment over a Quid-Pro-Quo?
If you're having trouble deciding about that, here's the 'out of his own corrupt mouth' truth.

And least anyone forgets it,,, but especially because it annoys some here....

Reality instead of just more BS-C911
💩 ....

Keeping what's important on this BS-C911 thread, front and center....

=====

Report: Biden Administration Considering Pulling Health Care from Veterans to Treat Illegal Aliens = FJB

Did you, or a family member, serve your country with the expectation of receiving the health care benefits you were promised?

Sorry, illegal aliens apparently come first in President Joe Biden’s America.

The Biden administration reportedly is considering diverting doctors from the Department of Veterans Affairs to treat the massive inflow of illegal aliens expected at the southern border this spring and summer.

Hillary Vaughn of Fox Business reported on the insulting slight to American veterans on Thursday, citing a source with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. She quoted the source as saying, “We’re going to take medical services away from people that really deserve that. Who went to combat … to give free medical attention to illegal migrants.” 😡

Use the below link for the rest of the story....
(Trump over-hauled the VA making it much better, while FJB wants to screw us)

I'm gonna go with Trump.

What do I win?

What this?

The headline from the Washington compost should have said “ Americans are feeling the brutal impact of the Biden agenda “

Americans not feeling impact of Biden agenda, Post-ABC poll finds

More than 6 in 10 say the president has not accomplished much, despite the passage of numerous bills

Last edited:
What this?

The headline from the Washington compost should have said “ Americans are feeling the brutal impact of the Biden agenda “

Americans not feeling impact of Biden agenda, Post-ABC poll finds

More than 6 in 10 say the president has not accomplished much, despite the passage of numerous bills

Most Americans don’t have a clue what Washington does other than what their news tells them. Look at Sunburnt. He still thinks Biden banned drilling.

Nail loves him some polls when they tell them things he likes, otherwise he ignores them.

What’s Trump’s unfavorably rating show?

Last edited:
Dell to lay off 5% of it's work force. Fox Business. That's what I think. All those Waco oil well workers that are back home in Waco is what I think. Their oil field jobs in San Antonio and San Angelo are gone. Does the board's slow have a clue about Keystone jobs loss? That's what I think. Does the board's slow have a clue what the MT and ND governors have told WBAP in Cow Town what Brandon has done to their oil & gas industries? That's what I think.

• Angry
Dell to lay off 5% of it's work force. Fox Business. That's what I think. All those Waco oil well workers that are back home in Waco is what I think. Their oil field jobs in San Antonio and San Angelo are gone. Does the board's slow have a clue about Keystone jobs loss? That's what I think. Does the board's slow have a clue what the MT and ND governors have told WBAP in Cow Town what Brandon has done to their oil & gas industries? That's what I think.
Yawn.

Biden is going to ban drilling
Biden is going to ban drilling.
The sky is falling

When will you learn that Fox is lying to you. That’s why you are so clueless.

More Biden shutting down oil drilling. Damn you Joe.

The New York Times: Biden Clears the Way for Alaska Oil Project.
This project is not a full go yet.....

From the article:

[Bureau of Land Management] BLM's parent agency, the Interior Department, said in a statement that the selection of the preferred alternative was not a final decision on approval of the project, adding that it had "substantial concerns" about Willow's impact on greenhouse gas emissions and wildlife.

A final decision will be made no sooner than 30 days after the review's publication, the department said.

Hopefully the Biden Administration won't cave and give in to the green knuckle draggers.

• Wow
Joe is coming after me. Someone must stop him.

Between 2018 and 2020, the nation's wealthiest 400 families paid an average tax rate of 8%, the White House's Council of Economic Advisers found.

The wealthiest 25 people saw their worth increase a combined $401 billion between 2014 and 2018, but they paid an average federal income tax of 3.4% on that wealth, ProPublica found last year. By contrast, the median American making $70,000 a year pays an average federal income tax of 14%, the outlet said.

The proposal likely will face staunch Republican opposition, giving it a low probability of becoming law, since Republicans control the House of Representatives, Avi-Yonah of the University of Michigan said.

My brother has 10 acres out in the country. He's got more turkeys than you can shake a stick at. I busted my ass to kill 5 in ten years worth talking about. I think this spring I'm going to whack a monster on his property, just outside of town and they are tame AF. I've got an eleven inch beard and fan on the wall, but I feel it is time to hunt off a back porch this time. 😂

no doubt.

people spend huge money for deer leases and never see deer and turkey that size.and I have huge deer and turkey right here that will eat out of my hand 😭

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII

Between 2018 and 2020, the nation's wealthiest 400 families paid an average tax rate of 8%, the White House's Council of Economic Advisers found.

The wealthiest 25 people saw their worth increase a combined $401 billion between 2014 and 2018, but they paid an average federal income tax of 3.4% on that wealth, ProPublica found last year. By contrast, the median American making $70,000 a year pays an average federal income tax of 14%, the outlet said.

The proposal likely will face staunch Republican opposition, giving it a low probability of becoming law, since Republicans control the House of Representatives, Avi-Yonah of the University of Michigan said.
LOL…. Biden and the Democrats Congress had two years to seize your assets and those of your fellow wealthy Americans, yet they chose not to.

All those extra IRS agents are coming for the small business owners and hardworking middle class taxpayers because these folks can’t afford a platoon of tax lawyers to maximize tax shelters, nor do they have the clout of high paid lobbyists hired by the wealthy to shape the tax codes to their advantage.

You know, you don’t have to take all those deductions if you’re so guilt-stricken at paying so little in taxes.

LOL…. Biden and the Democrats Congress had two years to seize your assets and those of your fellow wealthy Americans, yet they chose not to.

All those extra IRS agents are coming for the small business owners and hardworking middle class taxpayers because these folks can’t afford a platoon of tax lawyers to maximize tax shelters, nor do they have the clout of high paid lobbyists hired by the wealthy to shape the tax codes to their advantage.

You know, you don’t have to take all those deductions if you’re so guilt-stricken at paying so little in taxes.
Not to mention the ultra wealthy typically have the majority of their wealth tied up in assets, which give them tax breaks, or they offshore it…not sure why people don’t understand that friendlier tax laws actually incentivizes the wealthy to bring their money back to the US, thus increasing tax revenues…

Not to mention the ultra wealthy typically have the majority of their wealth tied up in assets, which give them tax breaks, or they offshore it…not sure why people don’t understand that friendlier tax laws actually incentivizes the wealthy to bring their money back to the US, thus increasing tax revenues…
Yeah, what’s with these billionaires paying 8% tax on their income. We shouldn’t expect them to pay any tax at all and just be happy with the crumbs they leave us. Billionaires love people like you.

Yeah, what’s with these billionaires paying 8% tax on their income. We shouldn’t expect them to pay any tax at all and just be happy with the crumbs they leave us. Billionaires love people like you.
Reading comprehension is hard…what I actually said was that if you create favorable tax laws, you’ll create MORE tax revenues, not less…it’s been proven time and time again….but let me guess, you’re one of those that trumpets higher minimum wages bc it’s more money in the pockets? Completely ignoring the fact that businesses will just run leaner and/or replace people with automation….

Reactions: jhgator
Reading comprehension is hard…what I actually said was that if you create favorable tax laws, you’ll create MORE tax revenues, not less…it’s been proven time and time again….but let me guess, you’re one of those that trumpets higher minimum wages bc it’s more money in the pockets? Completely ignoring the fact that businesses will just run leaner and/or replace people with automation….
I’m with you. 8% is too high. Let’s make even more favorable tax laws so that billionaires are taxed even less. In fact, let’s give them money as we should be happy just to have them. Trump shouldn’t have had to have paid $750 over a period of 5 years.

Zero tax rate on real estate profits? Too high. And those people making $14,000/yr minimum wage. They better not complain or they’ll be replaced by machines. Who cares if that’s not enough to pay for food, medical care and electricity.

Last edited:
Biden has created 87,000 new jobs. Biden has bolstered crime as promised. The US southern border is now controlled by the Mexicono drug cartels.
Biden didn’t create ANY new jobs, doofus. Businesses create jobs. I’ve tried to tell you this before but I guess if you don’t hear it on Fox it doesn’t exist.

Oh I get it. AT&T created 87,000 new IRS agents. Thanks for setting me straight.
There aren’t 87,000 new agents. Most of the new hires would be for replacements, IT projects to upgrade the system, and customer support. See, this is what happens when you Trumpers only watch Fox and are too dumb to think for yourself.

The infrastructure Act and Inflation Reduction Act will also “create” some new jobs, but again most of those will be added by businesses.

FakeMensa gets owned again. Ah, it never gets old. Now, let’s talk about how Biden shut down drilling.

😎

I saw an article referencing these figures from the State of the Union address give me a second.

Here we go :

“Pass my proposal for a billionaire minimum tax. … Because no billionaire should pay a lower tax rate than a schoolteacher or a firefighter.”
Biden is comparing apples and oranges. The “lower tax rate” refers to a 2021 White House study concluding that the 400 wealthiest taxpayers paid an effective tax rate of 8 percent. But that estimate included unrealized gains in the income calculation. That’s not how the tax laws work currently. People are taxed on capital gains when they sell their stocks or other assets. So this is only a figure for a hypothetical tax system.
According to IRS data on the top 0.001% — 1,475 taxpayers with at least $77 million in adjusted gross income in 2020 — the average tax rate was 23.7 percent. The top 1 percent of taxpayers (income of at least $548,000) paid nearly 26 percent.
As for less-wealthy Americans, few, such as schoolteachers or firefighters, pay even the lowest rate of 10 percent because of deductions, exemptions and the like. According to the Tax Policy Center, about 60 percent of all tax returns are filed by those with income under $50,000 — and about half of those pay no income tax at all; 22 percent paid an effective tax rate of less than 5 percent and another 22 percent paid less than 10 percent.
Among taxpayers with income between $50,000 and $100,000, about 60 percent paid an effective tax rate below 10 percent.

Last edited:
I saw an article referencing these figures from the State of the Union address give me a second.

Here we go :

“Pass my proposal for a billionaire minimum tax. … Because no billionaire should pay a lower tax rate than a schoolteacher or a firefighter.”
Biden is comparing apples and oranges. The “lower tax rate” refers to a 2021 White House study concluding that the 400 wealthiest taxpayers paid an effective tax rate of 8 percent. But that estimate included unrealized gains in the income calculation. That’s not how the tax laws work currently. People are taxed on capital gains when they sell their stocks or other assets. So this is only a figure for a hypothetical tax system.
According to IRS data on the top 0.001% — 1,475 taxpayers with at least $77 million in adjusted gross income in 2020 — the average tax rate was 23.7 percent. The top 1 percent of taxpayers (income of at least $548,000) paid nearly 26 percent.
As for less-wealthy Americans, few, such as schoolteachers or firefighters, pay even the lowest rate of 10 percent because of deductions, exemptions and the like. According to the Tax Policy Center, about 60 percent of all tax returns are filed by those with income under $50,000 — and about half of those pay no income tax at all; 22 percent paid an effective tax rate of less than 5 percent and another 22 percent paid less than 10 percent.
Among taxpayers with income between $50,000 and $100,000, about 60 percent paid an effective tax rate below 10 percent.

All true, except for your suggestion that most school teachers and firefighters don't pay taxes. At least the ones I know about. And that “effective tax rate below 10%” excludes Medicare and social security taxes, which are a much larger percentage of their income.

Yes, you are correct that it’s a bit misleading but that’s the point. Rich people don’t have to sell stock to create wealth. And they can borrow against those unrealized profits, this never having to pay taxes on the profits. Im not sure I agree with taxing unrealized profits but a minimum tax doesn’t seem unreasonable.

The biggest problem I have is with the favorability shown to real estate investors who can sell a property at a big profit (ie realized) but never have to pay taxes on that profit as long as they roll it into another property. I can’t do that with my stock sales.

Bottom line, if the rich people don’t pay taxes, then who do you think is left to pick u the slack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT