ADVERTISEMENT

Go Brandon!

No point to discuss the legislation because you are against everything without reading it or knowing what's in it. It's a democrat, so it's bad. You already stated that, so let's not pretend like you want to truly discuss it.
There are some provisions that I like.

Negotiating and capping top drugs that have gone through ridiculous price hikes because there is no competition is a good thing.

15% corporate minimum tax so that Amazon and others pay don't abuse tax breaks that their lobbyist pay for is good - if the new funds go for deficit reduction so that we do not have to keep our ridiculous amount of borrowing from Chinese bond holders.

I like EV credits for home solar to make panels more affordable so that I don't have to pay utility companies to power my home is a good thing. Overall, it means less demand for gas. Further, if the power goes out because of strong winds off of Lake Michigan, I am not waiting 3 days for the power to return - that's good.

Subsidies for Obamacare mean that it is broken in some regard. I liked the child care tax credit for up to two kids for up to certain incomes. Citizens only, of course.

In general, I like the climate provisions, but at some point, China and India need to do their part. Pelosi makes one flight and then the Chinese become uninterested in the planet. That does not work.

There you go, Kalim.

I am also very pleased that the Gottheimers of the world were not able to remove the SALT cap. That alone might have been the best thing that Trump did in his presidency.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Why did you purposely leave out a very important part of Bernie's criticism, which is that it does nothing for what the bill is dishonestly called, i.e. inflation reduction. You do the same thing in cheery picking your points or omitting others that you accuse everybody else of.
Sanders doesn't think any bill helps with inflation unless it's major tax bill. Do you want list what he said the bill needs? Can't have it both ways. Debating Sanders comments is just a waste of time because nobody on this board supports his solution.

Are you afraid to discuss anything in the bill. Here's a fair question. Do we really need to add 87,000 more IRS agents, more than doubling current amount? Isn't that a fair question and if not you can tell me.
Talking points. That is literally what every republican politician and republican based show is focused on. No consequences that's what you know about the bill. Can't wait to see what they tell you is bad next. 😂😂😂

Negotiating and capping top drugs that have gone through ridiculous price hikes because there is no competition is a good thing.

15% corporate minimum tax so that Amazon and others pay don't abuse tax breaks that their lobbyist pay for is good - if the new funds go for deficit reduction so that we do not have to keep our ridiculous amount of borrowing from Chinese bond holders.

I like EV credits for home solar to make panels more affordable so that I don't have to pay utility companies to power my home is a good thing. Overall, it means less demand for gas. Further, if the power goes out because of strong winds off of Lake Michigan, I am not waiting 3 days for the power to return - that's good.

Subsidies for Obamacare mean that it is broken in some regard. I liked the child care tax credit for up to two kids for up to certain incomes. Citizens only, of course.

In general, I like the climate provisions, but at some point, China and India need to do their part. Pelosi makes one flight and then the Chinese become uninterested in the planet. That does not work.

There you go, Kalim.
But you're not like them. I gladly talk to you and like 2 others about legislation. I'm not going to waste my time with someone who said that he doesn't like anything the democrats do. I already know his conclusion. It's just a waste of our time.

I am also very pleased that the Gottheimers of the world were not able to remove the SALT cap. That alone might have been the best thing that Trump did in his presidency.
I always said that there is no perfect bill or clean bill. Congress always add things hidden to help get votes. The inflation bill added drought assistance to get Sinema and a pipeline to get Manchin. We will complain about it but their constituents will love it. I think every bill they passed has good and bad. They haven't passed any bill that I think is down right awful...yet

Also, Obamacare is broken. The Republican went out their way to destroy and Republican governors refuse to help it work but accepting the medicare portion of it. Obamacare is no where near the original bill.

Negotiating and capping top drugs
15% corporate minimum tax
I like EV
the child care tax credit.
I like the climate provisions

There you go, Kalim.

Isn't that pretty much the entire bill? LOL

I think the only thing missing from your "likes" in the bill is money for the IRS

You know his son refers to him as Pedo Peter. I'm guessing if Eric referred to his dad as Pedo Donnie that suddenly your tune would change.

Ivanka calls him "daddy"...

And he wants to have sex with her....

Mainly because he considers her "a piece of ass"...

Has he already had sex with her?

No point to discuss the legislation because you are against everything without reading it or knowing what's in it. It's a democrat, so it's bad. You already stated that, so let's not pretend like you want to truly discuss it.
No, it’s another $780BB we don’t have in spending. Do you know how we “pay” for bills like this? We print the money.

Do you understand the concept of inflation?

No, it’s another $780BB we don’t have in spending. Do you know how we “pay” for bills like this? We print the money.

He has no clue about inflaion. If you ask him why the inflation rate tripled and went from 1.4% from the day Biden took over in January 2021, to 4.2% in April 2021, just 3 months later, he'll tell you Biden had no part in it.
So I guess it was just a coincidence but not the 2 trillion Biden jammed through, not even needed with an economy already starting to recover. So he thinks inflation is what's needed when you're low tire pressure light comes on, but zero knowledge as applied to economics.

You don't understand inflation. Inflation has plenty layers to it. The biggest issue with inflation was covid shutdown overseas that led to goods getting here late and low employment with the low paying jobs. If you can't acknowledge the totality of inflation then don't bother me.

• Haha
Reactions: jhgator
Do you know how we “pay” for bills like this? We print the money.

The revenue in the bill (Carried Interest Loophole didn't make the final version)

https://www.crfb.org/blogs/whats-inflation-reduction-act
Revenue$468 billion
15 Percent Corporate Minimum Tax$313 billion
IRS Tax Enforcement Funding*$124 billion
Closure of Carried Interest Loophole$13 billion
Methane Fee, Superfund Fee, Other Revenue$18 billion

You don't understand inflation. Inflation has plenty layers to it. The biggest issue with inflation was covid shutdown overseas that led to goods getting here late and low employment with the low paying jobs. If you can't acknowledge the totality of inflation then don't bother me.
You're actually making my point, not refuting it. Econ 101 - at the most basic level - inflation is very, very simple.

1 out of every 5 dollars in circulation has been printed since Covid bailouts started (not all on Biden, but mostly). The gov't is $30T in debt, when it spends money not confiscated through taxes, it has to print it.

If you have 10 widgets and 10 dollars, each widget is worth 1 dollar. If you print 10 additional dollars and don't increase the widgets, each widget is now worth 2 dollars. Same widget, it's not twice as good as before, it just costs more because there are more dollars chasing fewer goods and services.

So take the economy as a whole...GDP has contracted two quarters in a row. We're in a recession (same effect as the supply chain shutting down during Covid - the flow of goods and services is retracting). The WORST thing you can do in a recession, especially with rampant inflation, is to spend (print) nearly $1T in more cash while increasing taxes (which this bill does). This, combined with interest rate hikes (designed to slow down the economy and slow down inflation), will work together to make the situation much, much worse.

You'll see a temporary economic bump from the spending/cash infusion then inflation will ramp up again and the administration will act like they don't know why. But they do, it's intentional. The best thing a gov't in deep debt can do to reduce their debt load is inflate the currency - mostly because the same ignorant constituency sees tax and spend bills as "progress" will absolutely freak out at any austerity measures (name one entitlement program that's ever been cancelled).

That's all this is about, reducing the gov't debt load while growing the gov't as much as possible. It's all the Dems ever do...tax, spend, grow gov't. Every Leftist gov't has the same goal. Who's rich in far-left countries like Cuba and China and Venezuela?

Which is why you can't point to one single aspect of your personal life that's ever been made better by one of these massive pieces of legislation. They aren't designed to help us. But here you are celebrating the "accomplishment" that will make your life harder.

List of Biden accomplishments per KalimGoodman

Accomplishments
  • $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package
  • The $1.9 trillion COVID relief deal
    • Included police aid
    • Child tax credit was good for low-income people
  • Federal judges
  • Vaccination rollout
  • Climate Change (EA)
  • Reduced unemployment
  • Foreign policy
  • KBJ
  • Police Reform (Federal)
  • Lead the charge to open schools
  • Student loan forgiveness (soon)
  • Stood up to Russia
  • Stood up to China in regard to Taiwan
  • Black business
  • Justice department is respectable again
  • Drug seizures at the border is up
  • Better treatment of children at the border
  • Attempted to get voting rights done
  • Federal guidelines improved
  • HBCU debt funding
  • Getting out of Afghanistan
  • Increased federal minimum wage

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Sanders doesn't think any bill helps with inflation unless it's major tax bill. Do you want list what he said the bill needs? Can't have it both ways. Debating Sanders comments is just a waste of time because nobody on this board supports his solution.

Talking points. That is literally what every republican politician and republican based show is focused on. No consequences that's what you know about the bill. Can't wait to see what they tell you is bad next. 😂😂😂

So you don't agree that doubling the number of IRS agents is a bad thing?

Or you agree it's a bad thing but since Republicans are talking about it, you don't want to discuss it?

Which is why you can't point to one single aspect of your personal life that's ever been made better by one of these massive pieces of legislation. They aren't designed to help us. But here you are celebrating the "accomplishment" that will make your life harder.
And that makes no sense to the rational person.

But dems like @kalimgoodman are not rational. They let their politics define and guide their lives. It has become their religion.

@kalimgoodman thinks his life is better now than it was under Trump, because his POLITICS are better.

His life = his politics.

Once you realize that's how they think, then it makes sense.

You're actually making my point, not refuting it. Econ 101 - at the most basic level - inflation is very, very simple.

1 out of every 5 dollars in circulation has been printed since Covid bailouts started (not all on Biden, but mostly). The gov't is $30T in debt, when it spends money not confiscated through taxes, it has to print it.

If you have 10 widgets and 10 dollars, each widget is worth 1 dollar. If you print 10 additional dollars and don't increase the widgets, each widget is now worth 2 dollars. Same widget, it's not twice as good as before, it just costs more because there are more dollars chasing fewer goods and services.

So take the economy as a whole...GDP has contracted two quarters in a row. We're in a recession (same effect as the supply chain shutting down during Covid - the flow of goods and services is retracting). The WORST thing you can do in a recession, especially with rampant inflation, is to spend (print) nearly $1T in more cash while increasing taxes (which this bill does). This, combined with interest rate hikes (designed to slow down the economy and slow down inflation), will work together to make the situation much, much worse.

You'll see a temporary economic bump from the spending/cash infusion then inflation will ramp up again and the administration will act like they don't know why. But they do, it's intentional. The best thing a gov't in deep debt can do to reduce their debt load is inflate the currency - mostly because the same ignorant constituency sees tax and spend bills as "progress" will absolutely freak out at any austerity measures (name one entitlement program that's ever been cancelled).

That's all this is about, reducing the gov't debt load while growing the gov't as much as possible. It's all the Dems ever do...tax, spend, grow gov't. Every Leftist gov't has the same goal. Who's rich in far-left countries like Cuba and China and Venezuela?

I said the spending contributed to it but it's a small piece of the pie. The biggest piece was covid related which is why every single country is having historical inflation numbers. This issue is way bigger than government spending.

Reactions: RayGravesGhost

Accomplishments
    • Included police aid
  • Federal judges
  • Vaccination rollout
  • Climate Change (EA)
  • Reduced unemployment
  • Foreign policy
  • KBJ
  • Stood up to Russia
  • Black business
  • HBCU debt funding

Leaves out repairing & increasing the size of NATO membership
Chips & Science Act - Computer chip manufacturing bill
Veterans Healthcare - The one that Jon Stewart shamed the GOP into

And the Inflation Reduction Act

Clean Electricity Tax Credits
Air Pollution, Hazardous Materials, Transportation and Infrastructure
Individual Clean Energy Incentives
Clean Manufacturing Tax Credits
Clean Fuel and Vehicle Tax Credits
Conservation, Rural Development, Forestry
Building Efficiency, Electrification, Transmission, Industrial, DOE Grants and Loans
Extension of Expanded ACA Subsidies (three years)
Part D Re-Design, LIS Subsidies, Vaccine Coverage
Repeal Trump-Era Drug Rebate Rule
Drug Price Inflation Cap
Negotiation of Certain Drug Prices
15 Percent Corporate Minimum Tax $313 billion
IRS Tax Enforcement Funding

So you don't agree that doubling the number of IRS agents is a bad thing?

Or you agree it's a bad thing but since Republicans are talking about it, you don't want to discuss it?
I am saying it's a republican talking point and it's funny how you guys literally do and believe what you're told to do and believe. Every party needs a boogeyman to get their voters worried and scared. This is the Republicans new boogeyman. Election time it will be a caravan again. Yes, I know the democrats will find something racial to scare the dems to vote. It's all a game and you guys get played easily.

Hiring people to enforce the tax laws should never be a bad thing. That would be like saying we shouldn't hire more police officers, CIA agents, FBI agents etc. We are a country of laws Mr police officer, so why does enforcement scare Republicans? If you aren't cheating the tax laws than why would you be worried?

Leaves out repairing & increasing the size of NATO membership
Chips & Science Act - Computer chip manufacturing bill
Veterans Healthcare - The one that Jon Stewart shamed the GOP into

And the Inflation Reduction Act

Clean Electricity Tax Credits
Air Pollution, Hazardous Materials, Transportation and Infrastructure
Individual Clean Energy Incentives
Clean Manufacturing Tax Credits
Clean Fuel and Vehicle Tax Credits
Conservation, Rural Development, Forestry
Building Efficiency, Electrification, Transmission, Industrial, DOE Grants and Loans
Extension of Expanded ACA Subsidies (three years)
Part D Re-Design, LIS Subsidies, Vaccine Coverage
Repeal Trump-Era Drug Rebate Rule
Drug Price Inflation Cap
Negotiation of Certain Drug Prices
15 Percent Corporate Minimum Tax $313 billion
IRS Tax Enforcement Funding
He accomplished a lot in less than 2 years. Also the lowest unemployment number in 50 years.

I said the spending contributed to it but it's a small piece of the pie. The biggest piece was covid related which is why every single country is having historical inflation numbers. This issue is way bigger than government spending.
Why are we experiencing higher inflation than Germany, France, Canada, Australia and Switzerland?

Because we flooded our economy with cash and didn't produce enough goods and services to offset it.

You're trying to make the simple hard to avoid the truth.

And that makes no sense to the rational person.

But dems like @kalimgoodman are not rational. They let their politics define and guide their lives. It has become their religion.

@kalimgoodman thinks his life is better now than it was under Trump, because his POLITICS are better.

His life = his politics.

Once you realize that's how they think, then it makes sense.
I can't wrap my head around that.

I get your logic but it don't get how anyone can think that way.

My life is better when I'm doing better. Right now I'm not doing better.

You can really tell all these great accomplishments when Biden's poll numbers ealier hit record lows, lower than Trumps which are really lower considering Biden has the media on his side. And these must be really really great accomplishments when virtually no democrats will come out and support Biden for 2024 or want him campaigning with them for the mid terms. And 75% of country think we're going in the wrong direction. Spin those facts, Biden boot lickers.

Accomplishments
    • Included police aid
  • Federal judges
  • Vaccination rollout
  • Climate Change (EA)
  • Reduced unemployment
  • Foreign policy
  • KBJ
  • Stood up to Russia
  • Black business
  • HBCU debt funding
Yeah, he's knocking it out of the park. lol

Reactions: nail1988
Lol. Yes he is weird and known for touching. Pedophile is going to far. I don't know if he had sex with kids.
Well. His own son disagrees with you, and his daughter says he showered with her. I will take his own flesh and bloods word over some rando internet pill counter.

Reactions: fatman76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT