ADVERTISEMENT

Get Gloatin! Why we must not compromise!

jfegaly

Bull Gator
Feb 1, 2006
For far too long conservatives have been the party of compromise. It’s time to gloat and repudiate all the BS and the games that come from libbys everywhere. Oh, and the Romneys of the party just need to either get on board, or go ahead and out yourself.

Agree with most of that, but as an avowed libertarian, i took no joy from the overturning of Roe v Wade, mostly because I don't care, but partially because I hate firing up the left's base. That said, the GOP has been sackless for far too long. They need to keep focusing on real issues, not the social ones, and put the hammer down when possible ...

Agree with most of that, but as an avowed libertarian, i took no joy from the overturning of Roe v Wade, mostly because I don't care, but partially because I hate firing up the left's base. That said, the GOP has been sackless for far too long. They need to keep focusing on real issues, not the social ones, and put the hammer down when possible ...
Agree. Far too often conservatives turtle on every issue. As you so eloquently stated.

Agree. Far too often conservatives turtle on every issue. As you so eloquently stated.
Did somebody call me ???

mcconnell-turtle.jpg

IMO the saving of the lives of babies isn't something to 'gloat over, it's something to celebrate.

Having said that, we have susficiently identified that the people who blindly support abortion simply over politics are EVIL and we do not compromise with EVIL people.

I think the voters have always felt that way, regardless of what the RINOs we keep electing do in DC.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
IMO the saving of the lives of babies isn't something to 'gloat over, it's something to celebrate.

Having said that, we have susficiently identified that the people who blindly support abortion simply over politics are EVIL and we do not compromise with EVIL people.

I think the voters have always felt that way, regardless of what the RINOs we keep electing do in DC.
I think the overall message, is that conservatives need to stop shying away from being proud (and not ashamed of) their positions. Be afraid to take a stand on positions that are RIGHT, is what got us here.

Celebrating is fine, but celebrating then going and sitting on the sidelines is not. Celebrating is what you do when the battle is over. Like what happened in the Stanley Cup playoffs. This battle is far from over like that one. So, take a few days, celebrate, then get back after it without fear.

Last edited:
For far too long conservatives have been the party of compromise. It’s time to gloat and repudiate all the BS and the games that come from libbys everywhere. Oh, and the Romneys of the party just need to either get on board, or go ahead and out yourself.

I don't think you need to gloat but you should stand firm on doing what is right.

I don't think you need to gloat but you should stand firm on doing what is right.
And I believe that’s what the author is intending to get out of it. He is trying to say, for once conservatives, be proud of your stance. Don’t shy away from it, and don’t be influenced by peer pressure to stay quiet. Which is what many conservatives do. I think what he is trying to say is, folks gotta change their mindset from quiet conservatives to loud and proud, or we end up here again.

Yeah, I say it's about high-time we rub it in the lib-tards faces from here on forward. Get more aggressive and dare I say, a bit more stubborn about the welfare of our country. The libs are like that with reckless abandon. We have the higher ground obviously, so why not start acting more like this guy........WOOOOO......

So your post confuses me...but that may be because I truly do not understand exactly what a libertarian is...even though I feel I have some of those roots. i would think a libertarian would want the Constitution to be as clean as possible. There was NOTHING in the Constitution pre R vs W that gave a woman a right to an abortion, therefor it really was a bad decision. Maybe I am confusing a Constitutionalist with a Libertarian? Anyway...I AM a Constitutionalist, and hate when rulings are made for political reasons(why I HATE democrats...at least one of the many reasons) and the Constitution is overlooked. I, like you do not really care about abortion...I care about the Constitution in this ruling.

Being a libertarian means you can go either way, liberal or conservative. It's really the Centrist Party is you ask me because I was one until I decided to go full Republican. They are the guys who got left behind by their Dem counterparts and are being villianized all the same. The new GOP generation is here and entails stronger, more constitutional leadership with the likes of Clarence Thomas, Jim Jordan, and other bulwarts therein. They're laser-sharp focused on the real issues like the economy, border crises, soft-crime policies, etc. And they've made their presence felt with the overturning of Roe as well as the gun-grabbing attempts.

Reactions: FresnoGator
So your post confuses me...but that may be because I truly do not understand exactly what a libertarian is...even though I feel I have some of those roots. i would think a libertarian would want the Constitution to be as clean as possible. There was NOTHING in the Constitution pre R vs W that gave a woman a right to an abortion, therefor it really was a bad decision. Maybe I am confusing a Constitutionalist with a Libertarian? Anyway...I AM a Constitutionalist, and hate when rulings are made for political reasons(why I HATE democrats...at least one of the many reasons) and the Constitution is overlooked. I, like you do not really care about abortion...I care about the Constitution in this ruling.
To me, anything that infringes on the rights of the individual is anti- libertarian. The Constitution is a brilliantly conceived and written 250 year old document, so many things are not specifically addressed. I defer to the Constitution when things are clear and to individual liberty when they are not ...

Being a libertarian means you can go either way, liberal or conservative. It's really the Centrist Party is you ask me because I was one until I decided to go full Republican. They are the guys who got left behind by their Dem counterparts and are being villianized all the same. The new GOP generation is here and entails stronger, more constitutional leadership with the likes of Clarence Thomas, Jim Jordan, and other bulwarts therein. They're laser-sharp focused on the real issues like the economy, border crises, soft-crime policies, etc. And they've made their presence felt with the overturning of Roe as well as the gun-grabbing attempts.
You bring up some good points that need to be addressed. Libertarian, is the party and has its own platform involving things like Isolationism. I am not a member of this party. I consider myself a libertarian (small L), which is largely about not infringing on our individual liberties. Social justice is a huge load of crap and bastardizes this concept. No groups deserve special treatment.

I tend to vote GOP, unless I know the person and what they stand for (and it transcends politics). That said, the GOP has been pathetic at passing their agenda of late. They cower to dems and have had no message. Last time they did anything was with Newt Gingrich's contract with America outlining goals for their first 100 days in office. The dems always stay unified and on point, whether you like them or not.

I keep hoping the GOP does what's best for America, but they always seem to bail when their feet are held to the fire ...

You bring up some good points that need to be addressed. Libertarian, is the party and has its own platform involving things like Isolationism. I am not a member of this party. I consider myself a libertarian (small L), which is largely about not infringing on our individual liberties. Social justice is a huge load of crap and bastardizes this concept. No groups deserve special treatment.

I tend to vote GOP, unless I know the person and what they stand for (and it transcends politics). That said, the GOP has been pathetic at passing their agenda of late. They cower to dems and have had no message. Last time they did anything was with Newt Gingrich's contract with America outlining goals for their first 100 days in office. The dems always stay unified and on point, whether you like them or not.

I keep hoping the GOP does what's best for America, but they always seem to bail when their feet are held to the fire ...
The term Libertarian is more in line with conservative values (freedom) where Liberalism is on the side of liberal spending and welfare.

Mitch was a big part of overturning RvW, but only because he had to placate his voters during an election year. You saw his moderate colors when gun laws were reintroduced and he was safely elected back to the senate.
Correct. He was lockstep with Trump until he got re-elected, then he went back to his swamp roots.

It's why I've maintained all along that if Trump wins in 2024, the turtle wont seek re-election.

The term Libertarian is more in line with conservative values (freedom) where Liberalism is on the side of liberal spending and welfare.
Absolutely. I used to call myself a fiscal conservative / social liberal, but was corrected by a very political friend, who told me I was a social libertarian, which is much more accurate ...

Reactions: EvilWayz
Correct. He was lockstep with Trump until he got re-elected, then he went back to his swamp roots.

It's why I've maintained all along that if Trump wins in 2024, the turtle wont seek re-election.
He’s old, he’s ugly, he wears Magoo glasses, he’s out of touch, he’s just another one that’s all about power and money.
He needs to go back to Kentucky and start burning some of that great Kentucky blue grass.
And when he’s sufficiently pickled then Trump needs to make a great big pot of turtle stew.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
I would like to get republicans into Maine and Alaska. Tired of the drama those two give us.

He’s old, he’s ugly, he wears Magoo glasses, he’s out of touch, he’s just another one that’s all about power and money.
He needs to go back to Kentucky and start burning some of that great Kentucky blue grass.
And when he’s sufficiently pickled then Trump needs to make a great big pot of turtle stew.

Wasn’t McConnell the architect behind the stonewalling of Merrick Garland?

And Trump basically lucked out with RBG croaking right before the end of his term.

If Garland was seated, or if RBG had drunk more Ensure and lived another six months, Roe would not have been overturned.

• Wow

And Trump basically lucked out with RBG croaking right before the end of his term.

If Garland was seated, or if RBG had drunk more Ensure and lived another six months, Roe would not have been overturned.
Doesn’t really much matter to me, if the GOP take back the senate in November MnM is not the one I want leading.

He‘s been there too long, he needs to go.

And if pigs had wings….good grief. Some of y’alls hatred for Trump runs so deep you can’t figure out how to combat this stuff.

To me, anything that infringes on the rights of the individual is anti- libertarian. The Constitution is a brilliantly conceived and written 250 year old document, so many things are not specifically addressed. I defer to the Constitution when things are clear and to individual liberty when they are not ...
This is exactly how I rationalize right and wrong in America. Just surprised your happiness that the Constitution was protected by rescinding R vs W would not be more important than how it makes lefties feel...and I get that no one wants them to get any momentum going, after they have f'd everything up so bad

This is exactly how I rationalize right and wrong in America. Just surprised your happiness that the Constitution was protected by rescinding R vs W would not be more important than how it makes lefties feel...and I get that no one wants them to get any momentum going, after they have f'd everything up so bad
And this is how Trump governed, as a large proponent of State's Rights. I am happy that RvW is now back where it belongs as a States Rights issue. I am sad that it could motivate the left to do whatever is necessary to prevent the bloodbath in Nov. When they are motivated, all bets are off and the Constitution gets treated like toilet paper, and yes, that bothers me way more than anything else ...

Limited government is a critical pillar of libertarianism. While conservatives and liberals would use big government to push their individual agendas, libertarians believe that the best thing the government can do is to get out of the way. The only responsibility of government, under libertarianism, is to protect the rights of its citizens. In no way should the government use its laws -- tax law, regulations on business, censorship laws -- to coerce or influence the free choices of its citizens.

The only actions that should be forbidden by law are murder, (to the iG that includes abortion/infanticide) rape (to the iG, this includes pedophiles), robbery, kidnapping and fraud Everything else would be tolerated as a byproduct of free choice. >>> More in-depth info can be found at the link:

Limited government is a critical pillar of libertarianism. While conservatives and liberals would use big government to push their individual agendas, libertarians believe that the best thing the government can do is to get out of the way. The only responsibility of government, under libertarianism, is to protect the rights of its citizens. In no way should the government use its laws -- tax law, regulations on business, censorship laws -- to coerce or influence the free choices of its citizens.

The only actions that should be forbidden by law are murder, (to the iG that includes abortion/infanticide) rape (to the iG, this includes pedophiles), robbery, kidnapping and fraud Everything else would be tolerated as a byproduct of free choice. >>> More in-depth info can be found at the link:

Yep, good post. That nails it ...

Ruth would have voted to overturn RvW, she felt that case was not the right case to represent abortion laws.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT