ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Gets Good News.....

I have no idea why this guy wants to come in and ride the pine. I mean - Jamie Newman is there, so yeah - that's all.

He has three years left, so he's thinking he could start for 2 years after Newman is gone. He has more experience than the others, even though they have lots of recruiting stars.

But then Vandergriff almost has to go elsewhere. Say what you like, there is only one QB coach and only 20 hours a week of practice. How many reps is anybody going to get when there are 7 guys there? They have to get a starter ready, so expect Newman to get most of the reps. The others will be mostly standing around or shlepped off to work with a grad assistant and some scout team WR's. A 5 star QB believes he has a Trevor Lawrence-type window, which means starting either the first or second year, and being a first round draftee after three years. WHich means being coached up from day one. If he goes to Georgia, that three year window could end up becoming a five year window because he will have to "wait his turn".

I'm sure the fleas will come in to tell us that he wants to "compete for national titles". And maybe he does. But he wants to do so for three years, and there are a lot of places he could go and get that chance. And mostly, what he wants to do is go to the NFL. College is just a stop along the way, and he doesn't want any longer of a layover than necessary.

No, if Vandergriff stays with UGa with all of this going on, then he's getting paid, and expect a transfer soon after the check clears.

He has three years left, so he's thinking he could start for 2 years after Newman is gone. He has more experience than the others, even though they have lots of recruiting stars.

But then Vandergriff almost has to go elsewhere. Say what you like, there is only one QB coach and only 20 hours a week of practice. How many reps is anybody going to get when there are 7 guys there? They have to get a starter ready, so expect Newman to get most of the reps. The others will be mostly standing around or shlepped off to work with a grad assistant and some scout team WR's. A 5 star QB believes he has a Trevor Lawrence-type window, which means starting either the first or second year, and being a first round draftee after three years. WHich means being coached up from day one. If he goes to Georgia, that three year window could end up becoming a five year window because he will have to "wait his turn".

I'm sure the fleas will come in to tell us that he wants to "compete for national titles". And maybe he does. But he wants to do so for three years, and there are a lot of places he could go and get that chance. And mostly, what he wants to do is go to the NFL. College is just a stop along the way, and he doesn't want any longer of a layover than necessary.

No, if Vandergriff stays with UGa with all of this going on, then he's getting paid, and expect a transfer soon after the check clears.
Their best team was smart’s second year. If they were going to win a natl title I would have been that year. They had a decimated and weak sec East, and even had a big lead on bama in the title game. When they lost in OT, they had blown their easiest window to a title. They have gotten worse every year and next year, if we play it, they’ll take a step back. It is interesting to consider what vandergriff will do. I can’t see him being okay sitting behind Daniels for three years.

Their best team was smart’s second year. If they were going to win a natl title I would have been that year. They had a decimated and weak sec East, and even had a big lead on bama in the title game. When they lost in OT, they had blown their easiest window to a title. They have gotten worse every year and next year, if we play it, they’ll take a step back. It is interesting to consider what vandergriff will do. I can’t see him being okay sitting behind Daniels for three years.
It would be 2 at the most

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
How the NCAA gives some immediate playing time and almost most others none is ridiculous.Investigate the program and actually punish them if you can prove wrong doing.
The
How the NCAA gives some immediate playing time and almost most others none is ridiculous.Investigate the program and actually punish them if you can prove wrong doing.
The NCAA, Never Consistent About Anything.

It would be 2 at the most
I thought Daniels had 3? Are you saying it would be two bc Newman will get the keys this year? Or Daniels will leave early? Or vandergriff would beat him out? That would probably be the best outcome for you guys, since I don’t think Daniels would leave again and you’d have him as a backup?

Honestly, the inconstancy bothers me a bit, but the game has changed so much in just the past few years. The whole point of sitting out a year seems a relic from decades ago. Someone on this board suggested giving a player a one time transfer with immediate eligibility, and any other transfers would require sitting out a year. I think that makes sense. Regardless, recruiting is now a different anima than it was just a couple years ago. It’s clear that recruiting now extends past signing day and includes at least a kid’s first couple years. Really highly recruited kids are going to want to play immediately or they’ll leave. It’s going to be interesting to see how this shakes things up when we finally get to play again.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
I thought Daniels had 3? Are you saying it would be two bc Newman will get the keys this year? Or Daniels will leave early? Or vandergriff would beat him out? That would probably be the best outcome for you guys, since I don’t think Daniels would leave again and you’d have him as a backup?

It's because Vandergriff is still a recruit, he won't sign until December. So Daniels, having three years left now, will only have two left when Vandergriff comes on campus.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
It was referencing Vandegriff. He’s a 2021 commit so Daniels would have used 1 of his 3 years by the time BV is on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT