ADVERTISEMENT

Gators 'Whiff' on another high priority, in-state RB from IMG Academy

Dan came in to a 4-7 cluster and what has he done with it?

Mullen’s program has Top-10 finishes on the field (with consecutive 10-11 win seasons with NY-6 Bowl wins), and in recruiting over the past 2 years, and the ‘Gator Standard’ that produced those results has persisted amid the pandemic.

"I do certainly think the expectations that we have within our program and in our team — that our players have themselves, the experience our coaches have, that we have great teachers — that we're making the most out of this time. And so, I am really. I'm happy.”

Florida’s 2020 roster features 17 seniors and more than 30 upperclassmen, so the Gators have a lot of experience and leadership to lean on when football returns. o_O

So we shall see soon enough what's going to happen moving forward... :cool:

Let me try to understand the, cousin Eddie is 0-3 against Kirby. The last game while trailing by 2 TDs he runs the clock down but you guys think our coach is dumd? Danny Boy just calls him Daddy and looks like he is about to wet his pants when facing UGA.

I am SO going to enjoy another long win streak that's about to start this year. We will have a return to normalcy when UF spanks your sorry ass. Good luck with that 3 star transfer who is getting no chance to throw to his (below average) receiving corps, and that brand new Oline getting no chance to jell, oh, and that new starting RB. Wonder if he's learned the blocking schemes yet. Bama and Auburn are going to FEAST on Newman. Better be careful or you will be playing a backup true frosh QB when you face us.

Not that it will matter. After you lose to Bama and Auburn we will already have the East sewn up before we play you. Better not lose to Tennessee or SoCar, or you might be fighting for bowl eligibility against Tech.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
I am SO going to enjoy another long win streak that's about to start this year. We will have a return to normalcy when UF spanks your sorry ass. Good luck with that 3 star transfer who is getting no chance to throw to his (below average) receiving corps, and that brand new Oline getting no chance to jell, oh, and that new starting RB. Wonder if he's learned the blocking schemes yet. Bama and Auburn are going to FEAST on Newman. Better be careful or you will be playing a backup true frosh QB when you face us.

Not that it will matter. After you lose to Bama and Auburn we will already have the East sewn up before we play you. Better not lose to Tennessee or SoCar, or you might be fighting for bowl eligibility against Tech.
Our staff will have our guys ready. It will be interesting how much Mullen uses Jones. Before with Leak/ Tebow really impressive to two different guys....same thing now...never been a fan of that but Mullen is great at it.

Adding - this will be a real test for Kirby from Day 1 this year. I do think he's a good coach and don't buy into some of the twitter hate on him but the schedule, the virus, the new QB - it's going to be interesting to see how the overall year for UGA turns out.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Adding - this will be a real test for Kirby from Day 1 this year. I do think he's a good coach and don't buy into some of the twitter hate on him but the schedule, the virus, the new QB - it's going to be interesting to see how the overall year for UGA turns out.
Honestly he is not bad, he is critiqued here because the Dawg fans flooded our board with how he was going to win 10 straight NC's and that he was knocking Saban off the throne. Every offer we give to a recruit that signs with UGA was the difference maker. The recruits we get that were offered by UGA were only conditional offers according to them. Even Elam.

They harped on Mullen for his first season here because he lost to UK and Mizzou. Meanwhile Kirby has lost to Gus, Butch Jones, Jim McElwain, Paul Johnson, Derek Mason, and Will Muschamp.

Let's not forget that when homesick boy Chris Steele transferred out and made up his crybaby story about Jalon Jones(who never faced charges) that losing both of those players were the doom for Mullen... Kirby wouldn't even Miss Fields. Any player that got arrested at UGA "was just weed" or "kids being kids". Just a bunch of crap. I'm glad @PacoGator19 has handled their garbage and hauled it off.

Last edited:
Our staff will have our guys ready. It will be interesting how much Mullen uses Jones. Before with Leak/ Tebow really impressive to two different guys....same thing now...never been a fan of that but Mullen is great at it.

Mullen really understands what it takes to have a running QB offense. The thing he works on so hard that others skimp on is having a DEEP QB room. If you don't have 2 guys that you have full confidence in, and a third you think is close, you can't run the QB.

This is one of the MANY things UGaly fans don't get. They keep talking about Newman running the ball. But without a backup the starter can't run, you can't risk an injury, and his backups are pretty useless (How could they not be if the three star grad transfer is being handed the starting job?). I'm waiting to get a couple games in and hearing the fleas complain that Newman isn't running enough.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Mullen really understands what it takes to have a running QB offense. The thing he works on so hard that others skimp on is having a DEEP QB room. If you don't have 2 guys that you have full confidence in, and a third you think is close, you can't run the QB.

This is one of the MANY things UGaly fans don't get. They keep talking about Newman running the ball. But without a backup the starter can't run, you can't risk an injury, and his backups are pretty useless (How could they not be if the three star grad transfer is being handed the starting job?). I'm waiting to get a couple games in and hearing the fleas complain that Newman isn't running enough.

So what direction are they going on offense? Are they with their OC going to use a running QB? Is that why they got Newman. So why did they also sign Carson Beck?

So what direction are they going on offense? Are they with their OC going to use a running QB? Is that why they got Newman. So why did they also sign Carson Beck?

The stars value, and Beck supposedly played UF to get an UGly offer.
Now I wonder who really got 'played' in his recruitment??? ;)

As I said a year ago, I wouldn't trade them 4-star QB-dt AR for 5-star Beck.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of rotation at QB was used in 2020:
70% Trask
20% Jones
10% Richardson - Mostly end game or the weak OoC in 2-3 games, holding out the 4th game for the bowl, thus getting him some playing time while saving his redshirt.

The stars value, and Beck supposedly played UF to get an UGly offer.
Now I wonder who really got 'played' in his recruitment??? ;)

As I said a year ago, I wouldn't trade them 4-star QB-dt AR for 5-star Beck.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of rotation at QB was used in 2020:
70% Trask
20% Jones
10% Richardson - Mostly end game or the weak OoC in 2-3 games, holding out the 4th game for the bowl, thus getting him some playing time while saving his redshirt.
AR will also get those 4 red shirt allowed games with a design play for him similar to how they utilized Toney in the past. End around, wildcat designed runs and draws, screen passes, etc just to give him in game experience.

Here's what's funny about this post:

The idea that Georgia has a "direction" on offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: instaGATOR
AR will also get those 4 red shirt allowed games with a design play for him similar to how they utilized Toney in the past. End around, wildcat designed runs and draws, screen passes, etc just to give him in game experience.

I can agree with that, but wouldn't it be fun to see AR show off that 70+ yard passing arm at least once... ;) -- :D

Reactions: TennesseeGator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT