ADVERTISEMENT

Gators, what was your opinion of Doug Nussmeier as OC?

GhostOfMatchesMalone

Ring of Honor
Oct 1, 2012
I never liked the guy at Alabama as our OC and he personally blew the 2013 Auburn game for us.

I have no idea why McElwain hired him. What did you guys think of his offense at Florida? Do you think the offensive woes were on him or Mac?

LOL! McElwain was Bama's OC, and Nussmeier replaced him when Mac went to Colorado State. I never understood why Mac hired Nussmeier but then again Mac did several things at Florida I never understood.

The one good thing I know about Nuss is that he was instrumental in recruiting Amari Burney to UF. :cool:

As the OC,,,, not so much... :rolleyes:

Every yr we played UF, Nuss came in with a good game plan, drove the ball on our defense and scored....then we changed the defense in even a slight slight way....and all of a sudden he was lost. Keep in mind, we had charles kelly too LMAO. He got outcoached...by charles fing kelly. It reminded me of mickey andrews whining about Ga tech moving their #2 wr to the other side of the field when we got our a$$ handed to us by the triple option. I was like....i love you mickey but your complaining about a receiver moving.....ughh. One of the more confusing i terviews from a legendary coach(mickey of course, not Nuss)

Every yr we played UF, Nuss came in with a good game plan, drove the ball on our defense and scored....then we changed the defense in even a slight slight way....and all of a sudden he was lost. Keep in mind, we had charles kelly too LMAO. He got outcoached...by charles fing kelly. It reminded me of mickey andrews whining about Ga tech moving their #2 wr to the other side of the field when we got our a$$ handed to us by the triple option. I was like....i love you mickey but your complaining about a receiver moving.....ughh. One of the more confusing i terviews from a legendary coach(mickey of course, not Nuss)

We had a similar instance against Auburn in 2013. Amari Cooper was wide open all day. He had a 50-yard TD, and a 99-yard TD. But for some reason, Nuss kept running the ball. We'd get 4 yards a carry, Auburn would get 5-6. Every play, Amari would be wide open waiting on a TD pass, and he'd call a handoff. We could have thrown for 600 yards in that game, but he was apparently determined to show that he could outrush Auburn.

Well he couldn't and he didn't, and we lost. And he lost his job.

Reactions: fsu939913
We’da been better off with Gary as our OC...

55-25651-02-28-07-gary-the-retard-on-the-air-1452103460.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT