ADVERTISEMENT

GATORS/uga game thread..

Someone put Fromm on his ass!!!
serveimage

Playing zone and giving huge cushions to these sorry ass receivers. As I’ve been saying Grantham is very very overrated.

Tell me how we have great cover corners again?? It’s NOT just grantham, though he’s not calling a great game (either is Mullen). Dean can’t cover ANYONE. Henderson is getting toasted. And Wilson’s inability to tackle just cost us a TD.

The whole first half has been a joke. Two timeouts in the FIRST drive because we had fewer than 11 in the huddle. Less than a yard and Mullen tries to be the smartest guy in the room. Your QB is 6’5” and 240 and you don’t line up under center sneak it?????? A comedy of errors. Time still to get better but much more needs to be done.

Reactions: Dawg Wood
The whole first half has been a joke. Two timeouts in the FIRST drive because we had fewer than 11 in the huddle. Less than a yard and Mullen tries to be the smartest guy in the room. Your QB is 6’5” and 240 and you don’t line up under center sneak it?????? A comedy of errors. Time still to get better but much more needs to be done.
Same thing on 4th down late in LSU game for a half yard, throw it in endzone for a pick........SNEAK his 6'5", 240 lbs ass!

Everyone knew it hit the ground except the dumbass refs. They reverse a spot of inches for us but refuse to overturn what even the damn replay official in the booth said was an obvious drop.
He also cost us a PI and the 3rd down conversion to their TE was also on him (his zone, even if it wasn’t man-2-man)
Your hate for grantham is blinding you
There is no Haden or Jenkins back there. Our cover guys are overrated

Right now we are getting 3rd and Grantham at his worst. He rushed 3 guys a few times, sat in soft zone on a pair of 3rd and longs, and now he is sitting in 2 deep safety. I said in the prediction thread it would come down to him, and so far that has been correct. He is the best georgia coach right now.

Your o line can’t block 1/2 yard.....that’s on coaching and recruiting then

Georgia is pretty good at stuffing QB sneaks compared to most teams and our O line can't block that good running it This O line is nowhere near the run blockers of last year's line.

He also cost us a PI and the 3rd down conversion to their TE was also on him (his zone, even if it wasn’t man-2-man)
Your hate for grantham is blinding you
There is no Haden or Jenkins back there. Our cover guys are overrated

No my hate isn’t blinding me. Grantham is a poor situation coordinator, always has been and always will be. On 3rd and 4 we run a safety blitz with a zone behind it and it’s predictably picked up. They only need 4 f*cking yards, the QB isn’t holding the ball long enough for the safety to get home. And then to play zone behind it just shows he doesn’t understand sound football. If you’re gonna make that ridiculous call at least have man behind it so you force the QB to hold the ball allowing the one f*cking blitz you called all half to get home.

He sucks and so does Dean who has singlehandedly given up 4 third and longs all by his lonesome.

Biggest issue in this game is 3rd down. Grantham's dialed it up great first and second down. But he HAS to bring the kitchen sink on 3rd down and make Fromm play off his back heels. This soft zone shit sucks.

No my hate isn’t blinding me. Grantham is a poor situation coordinator, always has been and always will be. On 3rd and 4 we run a safety blitz with a zone behind it and it’s predictably picked up. They only need 4 f*cking yards, the QB isn’t holding the ball long enough for the safety to get home. And then to play zone behind it just shows he doesn’t understand sound football. If you’re gonna make that ridiculous call at least have man behind it so you force the QB to hold the ball allowing the one f*cking blitz you called all half to get home.

He sucks and so does Dean who has singlehandedly given up 4 third and longs all by his lonesome.
Dean has to come off the field. Surely there is a freshman or someone over on the sideline that can come in and play better. But you are spot on about Grantham, at times it's like he has no understanding of the game

And on the 3rd and 4th and shorts, how about we bring in Jones then, not on 2nd and 10 and try and run the qb power. That was odd play calling.

I've been happier at halftime, but it feels like the offense is about to break out, we just need to do something before the defense is worn down and can't stop the run.

Irritating to watch Georgia run that middle school passing game and see our defense let them. If Georgia had a real offense, like LSU, it's be a blowout right now.

Georgia has an answer for every blitz and I’ll never get the three man rush. At some point a receiver gets open.

We shut down the run. We're getting killed on 3rd down. Offense has to get more going on but really our first possession a non call on holding with 4-1 was terrible and the drive that they got them a first on 3rd down that gave them a TD was awful...and they reviewed it too.

Georgia has an answer for every blitz and I’ll never get the three man rush. At some point a receiver gets open.
With the D line healthy personally I would rush 5 and play bump and run on 3rd down, leaving a spy in the middle of the field for checkdown Fromm. But that's just me. :( That leaves every possible receiver covered up and puts pressure on the QB. Fromm isn't this good. We are making him an All American.

Dean has to come off the field. Surely there is a freshman or someone over on the sideline that can come in and play better. But you are spot on about Grantham, at times it's like he has no understanding of the game

Todd Grantham on 3rd and 4: “safety blitz! YOLO.”

Todd Grantham on 3rd and forever: “Rush 3, Deep zone with the entire middle of the field vacated. They’ll never have enough time to pick it up!”

But keep blaming the DB’s for not being able to cover up his shit calls. The only exception is Dean who is out there getting roasted on simple drag routes. By far the worst UF DB I’ve ever seen.

He has all day because our dumbass coordinator refuses to rush him. Over and over and over again.

He has all day because our dumbass coordinator refuses to rush him. Over and over and over again.
I agree to an extent but give credit to the UGA oline. They are blocking us well.

And we don’t have good defensive backs besides CJ Henderson. Marco Wilson isn’t the same player. That likely has something to do with the defensive Schene we play.

Watch Wilson get exposed one more time and explain to me why you want to go man to man more often.....
The sad part is that Wilson is one of our better cover guys Lolol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT