ADVERTISEMENT

Gators @ Tennessee...

Let's not forget the non-moving statue offensive line play on third down while the play was active.

We laughed....à lot....when FSU did it years ago. Now here we are....

Even the announcers were calling the play half-baked.
I almost threw up when I saw the non moving offensive line play...lordy we made fun of the noles for that...

FddXYZxX0AEoWeg

This is going around the net and maybe is why Napier tried that crazy crap with the 2 pointer but if it truly did increase your win chances just a bit it would only be because it takes down the chances of going to OT. Personally I don't think any other coach would hardly ever go for 2 there when you can keep the lead at 10 and not get within a TD +2 by making it. I would like to see when a coach did that in the same situation.

FddXYZxX0AEoWeg

This is going around the net and maybe is why Napier tried that crazy crap with the 2 pointer but if it truly did increase your win chances just a bit it would only be because it takes down the chances of going to OT. Personally I don't think any other coach would hardly ever go for 2 there when you can keep the lead at 10 and not get within a TD +2 by making it. I would like to see when a coach did that in the same situation.

As good as AR played in the game, I still would rather trust the ball in his hands in overtime, having to cover 25 yards or less, MORE than forcing him to cover a field with a lack of timeouts to get a touchdown.

Reactions: Gator Fever
We weren’t winning that game with our defense. It was pretty obvious. Nothing the offense could of done to win that game. UT never punted once the entire game.
Focus is entirely on the wrong part of the team.

If Napier took the points of à pretty much garunteed field goal and not needlessly called à timeout and have UT to work on our defense which was always suspicious to everbody.....for another score.....then yes, we would have won, even with that defense.

I can point out, and have already, other situations of the playcalling that if they were not done,.....we still would have won with a bad defense.

It's weird why youre eager to point out the defense only but choose to downplay playcalling that I doubt you would have given as much lienancy towards former coaches. You have more than one finger on your hand. A team can lose not necessarily because of one target, but a combination of targets.

Uf didn't lose because of Napier. UF didn't lose because of the defense. Uf lost because of Napier AND the defense. Take either of their faults away from the game and the equation results in a win.

Last edited:
How can you win when you can’t even force the other team to punt? Their QB completed 80% of his passes. At no point could we or did we slow down their passing game. Barring some TOs we couldn’t get the ball back. We had to go 5/6 on 4th down conversions just to stay in the game and because Napier knew we couldn’t stop them.
Yes their is some concerns with coaching mainly on the defensive side as we haven’t improved and we don’t appear to make much adjustments on that side of the ball. We are playing a bend but don’t break defense that just ends up breaking anyways because we are extremely weak and thin on that side of the ball. In particular LBer and safety play.
If the defense doesn’t at least show some improvement by the end of the year then we may have some major concerns on that side of the ball when it comes to the coaching.

How can you win when you can’t even force the other team to punt? Their QB completed 80% of his passes. At no point could we or did we slow down their passing game. Barring some TOs we couldn’t get the ball back. We had to go 5/6 on 4th down conversions just to stay in the game and because Napier knew we couldn’t stop them.
Yes their is some concerns with coaching mainly on the defensive side as we haven’t improved and we don’t appear to make much adjustments on that side of the ball. We are playing a bend but don’t break defense that just ends up breaking anyways because we are extremely weak and thin on that side of the ball. In particular LBer and safety play.
If the defense doesn’t at least show some improvement by the end of the year then we may have some major concerns on that side of the ball when it comes to the coaching.

Saying how can you win if the other team doesn't punt.....is like saying how can you win without getting more yards than your opponent. Yet, it happens all the time.

And for the record, it wasn't like there was a huge difference between the teams in punting.

I've never said that the defense didn't have issues. I've said it many times, including in the game thread. However, there are decisions that Napier made that aggrivated the situation from winning.

We lost by 5, not 20. Those bad decisions aggrivated àn wound....but the would itself.....if let alone and don't hurt it than it would still have resulted in a win.

I'm holding both the defense and Napier accountable. You spoke on hindsight, I bet you Napier regretter bot going for that field goal, calling the time out, abd maybe even the 2 point conversions.

Saying how can you win if the other team doesn't punt.....is like saying how can you win without getting more yards than your opponent. Yet, it happens all the time.

And for the record, it wasn't like there was a huge difference between the teams in punting.

I've never said that the defense didn't have issues. I've said it many times, including in the game thread. However, there are decisions that Napier made that aggrivated the situation from winning.

We lost by 5, not 20. Those bad decisions aggrivated àn wound,, but the would itself.....if let alone would still have resulted in a win.

I'm holding both the defense and Napier accountable. You spoke on hindsight, I bet you Napier regretter bot going for that field goal, calling the time out, abd maybe even the 2 point conversions.
We lose by 20 if we aren’t aggressive and make 5/6 4th down conversions.

We lose by 20 if we aren’t aggressive and make 5/6 4th down conversions.

And why do you think we got put in those 4th down situations? Because we ran the exact same 2nd down play all game long, except once from what I saw, and forced AR to play 3rd and long much more than they needed to.

It was USC players(defenders) saying after the game last year that they knew what was going to be called offensively. Why? Because it was repeatitive.

That's what concerns me more than anything about the offense. Not AR....not the oline....not wrs not getting separation. Its the predictability.

And why do you think we got put in those 4th down situations? Because we ran the exact same 2nd down play all game long, except once from what I saw, and forced AR to play 3rd and long much more than they needed to.

It was USC players(defensers) saying after the game last year that they knew what was going to be called offensively. Why? Because it was repeatitive.

That's what concerns me mord than anything about the offense. Not AR....not the oline....not wrs not getting separation. Its the predictability.
If the offense was so predictable then I doubt we get nearly 600 yards of offense and 31 first downs. UTs offense was just a little more efficient then ours or which in reality the issue was UTs bad defense is better than our bad defense. Our run game wasn’t very good yesterday. That is why we had to go for it on 4th down. We had throw the ball 44 times with an inaccurate QB.

Reactions: sadgator
If the offense was so predictable then I doubt we get nearly 600 yards of offense and 31 first downs. UTs offense was just a little more efficient then ours or which in reality the issue was UTs bad defense is better than our bad defense. Our run game wasn’t very good yesterday. That is why we had to go for it on 4th down. We had throw the ball 44 times with an inaccurate QB.

Talent can beat out predictability sometimes. Let UGA run the same 4 plays and they will still win games.

These offensive drives were due to the talent of AR and wrs.

Our run game wasn't good because we ran it predictably up the middle, on 2nd down. The definition of insanity is repeating something and expecting a different result. There's more than one type of run play......but you wouldn't know that based on yesterday.

We scored 33 points and ran up 600 yards offense...on the road against the #11 team...that should be enough to win 90% of the time. Defense is young and thin. We need to take the same approach on D that we did on O...just all out take risks. Good news is we won't see a better offense that we've seen these first 4 games the remainder of the year.

Reactions: PacoGator19
I just don't think we have the players on defense. Last year most people blamed Grantham and his soft schemes makes that somewhat justified. But maybe it was the lack of SEC quality players that is just as much to blame.

How does giving up à garunteed fieldgoal at the 20 yard line(which would have been very influential later in the game) by going for it on 4th down work out well for UF?

Hindsight is 20/20, but even when it happened people were calling it out. At this time there was no garuntee that UT would have an offense that couldn't be stopped. UT played two of the creamiest cream puffs and an average Pitt team. It wasn't like we were facing off against à known offensive juggernaught.
Our defense is awful, TN scored a TD on almost every the last 4 or 5 times they got the ball. I hope you're drunk posting this and yes we converted most of the 4th downs. Only reason we got points sometimes. Risky and not a great strategy in every game, of course not. That's not what we're talking about. We needed to keep the call on every position that we could.

Reactions: PacoGator19
FddXYZxX0AEoWeg

Still say this is GIGO.

Still say this is GIGO.
Essentially all this chart says is that you improve your chances to win by scoring 2 points instead of one. Of course! What about when the 2 point conversion fails? For the percentages to mean anything they would have to account for the downside.

And these percentages are all figured with 10 minutes left in the game, so how useful is it with 5 minutes left, when you’re going to have less possessions.

half-assed statistics.

They win as a TEAM, or they lose as a team, in every game that they play.
The Gator's coached hard and they played hard, but they still lost on sloppy-drop.
Guano Occurs...

Reactions: ocalaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT