ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

I only gave you pissed off reaction because I'm not a subscriber.
GD3,

Neither am I !

LOL

This was the 1st I've seen of him trying to play both sports & thought it was worth a mention.

Hoping that either someone with a membership or a free site will extract the details & post them.

Last edited:

Albany State walks back scholarship offer to former Florida QB commit​

The recruitment of Marcus Stokes has seen another twist.
Earlier this week, the former Florida quarterback commit received a new offer from Albany State University, a HBCU in Georgia. This came after his Florida offer was revoked by the university after he was seen on video rapping the N-word. After Stokes received the Albany State offer, he’s since received an offer from Alabama A&M.

HBCU Gameday reported that new Albany State head football coach Quinn Gray is walking back (rescinding)
the offer he issued to Stokes. Gray, who was introduced as head coach earlier this week, was apparently reprimanded by the school’s president Marion Ross Fedrick for the offer.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...cholarship-offer-to-former-florida-qb-commit/

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
Not sure what that article says but some people are saying don't count on Max Brown being a threat for playing much in football with this baseball situation.
Fever,

Maybe he is a great clutch hitter & has speed on the base paths.

I don't know either, I saw the article & threw it out there to provoke discussion.

The fact that he mentioned scheduling both football & baseball gives me some hope - for some unknown reason, I'm like Insta & think he could be QB1 for a run heavy Gator offense.

Last edited:
Fever,

Maybe he is a great clutch hitter & has speed on the base paths.

I don't know either, I saw the article & threw it out there to provoke discussion.

The fact that he mention scheduling both football & baseball gives me some hope - for some unknown reason, I'm like Insta & think he could be QB1 for a run heavy Gator offense.
Agree with that Jeff. We definitely need to explore all options at QB.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax

Albany State walks back scholarship offer to former Florida QB commit​

The recruitment of Marcus Stokes has seen another twist.
Earlier this week, the former Florida quarterback commit received a new offer from Albany State University, a HBCU in Georgia. This came after his Florida offer was revoked by the university after he was seen on video rapping the N-word. After Stokes received the Albany State offer, he’s since received an offer from Alabama A&M.

HBCU Gameday reported that new Albany State head football coach Quinn Gray is walking back (rescinding)
the offer he issued to Stokes. Gray, who was introduced as head coach earlier this week, was apparently reprimanded by the school’s president Marion Ross Fedrick for the offer.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...cholarship-offer-to-former-florida-qb-commit/

I feel bad for that kid. It seems his chance at playing college ball is gone, simply for singing the lyrics to a song.

Agree with that Jeff. We definitely need to explore all options at QB.
Nick,

What harm could it do; Napier thought Brown had enough talent to justify a scholly, why not take a serious look at his QB skills.

Napier wants to use a run heavy offense so we don't need a QB to throw a 70 yd bomb or a 40 yd out; our QB needs to be proficient with the RPO & quick, short to medium throws to TEs, RBs, WRs.

Running skills, speed, good decision making, & running a limited number of quick progressions are what we need from our QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicktheslick

Florida football: Billy Napier talks Graham Mertz, Jaden Rashada situation​

Napier talked about quarterbacks. He spoke both about Graham Mertz and his potential, as well as the Jaden Rashada situation that finally came to an end today (we think).

As a recruit, Mertz was a 4-star QB and ranked as the 3rd best pro-style QB in the class of 2019, and the top player in Kansas.

Miller was a top Arizona HS QB & Brown was a top Oklahoma HS QB.
Not sure Kansas HS football is any better than Arizona or Oklahoma - guess we will find out.
Posters here have expressed their opinions on the quality of the opponents they faced.

Miller, who got the same glowing words last year & led us to 3 points in the L V Bowl, was ignored

Reality - we've got what we've got & need to develop all 3 of the QBs on our roster in order to have a chance to win in the SEC; maybe we can beat Vandy this year.

When asked about Rashada, Napier said it was “not permissible for him to get into specifics” but that he did wish he could tell us all what happened.

BS

Since Rashada has signed - why couldn't Napier tells us what happened from UF's perspective ?

Seeing Rashada end up at Arizona State tells us something too. He was an elite prospect.

Why didn’t he end up at an elite football school? One that could have paid him what Florida didn’t?

It seems that there were a few red flags from Rashada and his camp that a lot of schools didn’t want to entertain.

https://hailfloridahail.com/2023/02/01/florida-football-billy-napier-graham-mertz-jaden-rashada/

Last edited:

Napier talked about quarterbacks. He spoke both about Graham Mertz and his potential, as well as the Jaden Rashada situation that finally came to an end today (we think).

As a recruit, Mertz was a 4-star QB and ranked as the 3rd best pro-style QB in the class of 2019, and the top player in Kansas.

Not sure Kansas HS football is any better than Arizona or Oklahoma - guess we will find out.
Posters here have expressed their opinions on the quality of the opponents they faced.

Miller, who got the same glowing words last year & led us to 3 points in the L V Bowl, was ignored

Reality - we've got what we've got & need to develop all 3 of the QBs on our roster in order to have a chance to win in the SEC; maybe we can beat Vandy this year.

When asked about Rashada, Napier said it was “not permissible for him to get into specifics” but that he did wish he could tell us all what happened.

BS

Since Rashada has signed - why couldn't Napier tells us what happened from UF's perspective ?

Seeing Rashada end up at Arizona State tells us something too. He was an elite prospect.

Why didn’t he end up at an elite football school? One that could have paid him what Florida didn’t?

It seems that there were a few red flags from Rashada and his camp that a lot of schools didn’t want to entertain.

https://hailfloridahail.com/2023/02/01/florida-football-billy-napier-graham-mertz-jaden-rashada/

AZ State isn't a big NIL school so I am sure Rashada is getting much less than what our true final valid offer was to him.

AZ State isn't a big NIL school so I am sure Rashada is getting much less than what our true final valid offer was to him.
Fever,

You don't understand ! He showed us - he took less NIL$$$ & will now play in the LAC-12 instead of the SEC - until he enters the Transfer Portal searching for more NIL$$$.

BUT - HE & ALL THE IDIOTS IN HIS CAMP SHOWED US !

Let's be honest - we dodged a bullet with that idiot.

Fever,

You don't understand ! He showed us - he took less NIL$$$ & will now play in the LAC-12 instead of the SEC - until he enters the Transfer Portal searching for more NIL$$$.

BUT - HE & ALL THE IDIOTS IN HIS CAMP SHOWED US !

Let's be honest - we dodged a bullet with that idiot.

Yep I think his NIL reps were the main issue here or he never even signs with us after he was told that proposal wasn't happening.

BS

Disagree - agree with Napier. Telling the public what happened just continues to keep our name in the mud.

Gators 'in the market' for scholarship QB in spring​

The last Transfer QB we went after - former Washington quarterback Sam Huard, a former five-star quarterback who out of high school ranked No. 12 overall, No. 3 among quarterbacks and No. 249 among all prospects in the internet recruiting service era on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

However, sources said that Florida’s communication with Huard never quite got off the ground and the former record-breaking high school quarterback eventually committed to Cal Poly.

For all the inquiring minds that roam this board - The Cal Poly Mustangs came in at #11 (out of 12 teams) in the

2022 BIG SKY STANDINGS​

https://www.foxsports.com/cfb/cal-poly-mustangs-team-standings

Napier said Florida’s talent identification process allowed it to determine that Mertz was the right fit for the program.

Makes me wonder what the talent identification process said about Miller & Brown.
Miller - he's worth a consistent 3 points / game.
Brown - we're too lazy to find out if he can actually play football

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-Napier-Graham-Mertz-Gators-roster-204099449/

Per 247 -- UF Recruit Overall Rank 13, Composite Rank 14, Transfer Rank 17

By Positions:
QB - C-
(2023 QB recruiting sucks, so let's bring some more sucky QB xfers)
RB - B+
WR - A-
OL - A
DL - A
LB - B-
Jack/Edge D+
DB - A
NOTE: Brown was a much better HS QB than either Stokes or Rashada.
So the plan is to bring in more loser xfers instead of coaching up Max? WTF-over..

Building your roster, is not the same thing as building a top OL, so down the road we'll see....

#24 OT Caden Jones 6-8 329 Fr ****
#43 OT Bryce Lovett 6-5 330 Fr ***
#31 RT/RG Damieon George Jr 6-6 348 *** - Bama xfer
#6 RT Kiyaunta Goodwin 6-8 340 **** - UK xfer
#33 OT Will Harrod 6-4 325 rsJr ****
#93 OT David Conner 6-5 295 *** rsFr
#47 LT Austin Barber 6-7 300 *** rsSo - A *** in 2021- (Now an AA)
NR OT Kamryn Waites 6-8 372 Jr - ULL xfer ****
NR RT Jordan Herman 6-8 370 - JuCo xfer
#78 OT Kaleb Boateng 6-4 293 *** - Clemson xfer
#120 OT Mark Pitts 6-6 313 rsSo ***
#192 OT Jackson Crozier 6-4 275 rsFr ***
There will be a battle to find the RT starter....

#43 OC/OG Kingsley Ehuakun 6-3 301 rsJr ***
#36 OC/OG Knijeah Harris 6-3 335 Fr ***

#4 OG Roderick Kearney 6-4 300 Fr ****
#54 LG Micah Mazzccua 6-5 335 **** - Baylor xfer (HS ***)
#31 OG Jalen Farmer 6-5 334 *** rsFr
#67 OG Christian Williams 6-4 319 rsFr
#44 OG Jake Slaughter 6-4 300 rsFr
#30 OG Riley Simonds 6-3 289 rsJr ***
#48 OG Richard Leonard IV 6-2 320 ***
NR OG Hayden Clem 6-2 295 rsSo - WO
NR OG Nicolas Flynn 6-2 279 rsFr - PWO

Insta,

If my count is accurate, 21 scholarship OL.

Yet, with many of those same players, Gator's offense was ABYSMAL in the L V Bowl, despite that we only played ONE QB that entire game.

Oh My !

Maybe conditioning & spring practice will help.

Don't think a safety counts; so we have to kick an occasional FG to keep our vaunted scoring streak alive - 3 points & a cloud of whatever - YEA !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR

Billy Napier doesn’t trust Graham Mertz to be Gators QB​

Napier has already stated that he will be QB shopping in the portal come the spring transfer period.

"This is right after Napier spent his press conference praising Mertz and indicated that Florida football evaluated over 20 QBs in the transfer portal and felt most confident in Mertz."

For Napier to put this out in the public eye before Mertz even walks on the field for Spring Practice, makes no sense.

"...But if Mertz is supposed to step up and be the leader of this squad during Spring workouts, how is he supposed to achieve that leadership role if Napier is openly admitting he is going to shop for another QB?

This could have been something that was told Mertz behind closed doors. But now that it’s out there it will be something to monitor once Spring practice ramps up."

if he doesn't think he can play QB in the SEC - why did Napier sign him ?

https://hailfloridahail.com/2eye before Mertz 023/02/02/florida-football-billy-napier-mertz/

Reactions: instaGATOR

Billy Napier doesn’t trust Graham Mertz to be Gators QB​

Napier has already stated that he will be QB shopping in the portal come the spring transfer period.

"This is right after Napier spent his press conference praising Mertz and indicated that Florida football evaluated over 20 QBs in the transfer portal and felt most confident in Mertz."

For Napier to put this out in the public eye before Mertz even walks on the field for Spring Practice, makes no sense.

"...But if Mertz is supposed to step up and be the leader of this squad during Spring workouts, how is he supposed to achieve that leadership role if Napier is openly admitting he is going to shop for another QB?

This could have been something that was told Mertz behind closed doors. But now that it’s out there it will be something to monitor once Spring practice ramps up."

if he doesn't think he can play QB in the SEC - why did Napier sign him ?

https://hailfloridahail.com/2eye before Mertz 023/02/02/florida-football-billy-napier-mertz/
I don't think it has anything to do with Napier's lack of trust in Mertz. He said before early signing day that he wanted to have 4 scholarship QB's on the roster for spring and losing Rashada kept that from happening. The article I'm attaching says as much. It, also, says that his "talent identification process" determined that Mertz was the right fit for his program. Personally from what I've seen of Mertz, I disagree with that assessment. However, I just think Napier wants to try to fulfill his original goal of having 4 scholarship QB's on the team.
https://247sports.com/college/flori...-Napier-Graham-Mertz-Gators-roster-204099449/

I just keep on wondering why he even bothered to recruit/flip Brown???
Maybe that was just to get the numbers too?

So now Billy's a Kicker-Whisperer too....

Adam Mihalek 6-2 193 rsFr - WO, now on a ship for 2023
He started and played in all 13 games in 2022.
X-PT 42/43 -- FG 14/21 = .667 -- KO 41, 24 TB' - 41/2572 = 62.7 Ave.

Trey Smack 6-1 200 Fr - Ship
Had two kickoffs averaging 67.5 yards including one touchback in Bowl.
Ranked both a five-star rated kicker and punter by Kohl’s Kicking Camp...
Named the No. 5 kicker and No. 15 punter in the Class of 2022 by Kohl’s Kicking Camp... Won the 2021 Kohl’s Spring Showcase Camp kickoff competition.
Trained by former Pro Bowler and Super Bowl Champion Matt Stover.
X-Pt 0 - FG - 0 - KO 32, 18 TB's - 32/2049 = 64.0

Last edited:
I just keep on wondering why he even bothered to recruit/flip Brown???
Maybe that was just to get the numbers too?

So now Billy's a Kicker-Whisperer too....

Adam Mihalek 6-2 193 rsFr - WO, now on a ship for 2023
He started and played in all 13 games in 2022.
X-PT 42/43 -- FG 14/21 = .667 -- KO 41, 24 TB' - 41/2572 = 62.7 Ave.

Trey Smack 6-1 200 Fr - Ship
Had two kickoffs averaging 67.5 yards including one touchback in Bowl.
Ranked both a five-star rated kicker and punter by Kohl’s Kicking Camp...
Named the No. 5 kicker and No. 15 punter in the Class of 2022 by Kohl’s Kicking Camp... Won the 2021 Kohl’s Spring Showcase Camp kickoff competition.
Trained by former Pro Bowler and Super Bowl Champion Matt Stover.
X-Pt 0 - FG - 0 - KO 32, 18 TD's - 32/2049 = 64.0

Wasn't Brown a late take that he got to choose UF over Central Michigan or some team like that.

Maybe Brown is so occupied thinking about baseball and that interfered with him learning the playbook. Not sure what that article said about Brown but if he is going to miss practices he may struggle trying to earn the backup job at QB.

Or maybe you're just a feveredbrain spewing out unfounded speculations all of the time....
=====

"The Gators' head coach, offensive play-caller and quarterbacks coach is optimistic about the transfer player — and leader — he’s getting to operate his offense into next season."

Transfer QB-pp Mertz -- Wis 4 Yrs, with 3 years as Starter - 20-13 (.665), Ave. 7-4 seasons.

Career Completions under 60%, with 49 Sac's, 26 Int's to 38 TD's. His combined Int/Sac numbers (75) double his TD's (36). The SEC defenses have to be licking their chops....

But that's still a lot better than Billy's other xfer QB-pp Miller's vaulted college experience, he's 0-1 as a starter with Zero TD's, losing 3 - 30 to OreSt in Bowl.

2022 - 13 of 22 (59%) for 180 Yds, 8.2 Yds/Comp, 0 TD's, QBR 28.3

"With Napier on record saying his goal is to have 4 scholarship quarterbacks on the roster, the UF staff will once again work diligently to pull in another transfer QB."
(seems to the iG that his goal should be to himself coach up one QB that can win games, instead of a pack or transfers to fill the QB room) 🙄

While QB-dt Max Brown's college experience consists of sitting on the bench because it was important to give Miller every single bowl snap, because he gave them 'the best chance to lose,,, by 4 TD's to a LAC-12 team.'
(In MB's 2 Yrs of organized football, as a learning beginner that went 25-2)

So Billy has said that he'll keep on shopping the Portal, looking for a decent QB that a competent coach has already coached up for him, while he continues to ignore his only roster HS recruited and dual thread QB, Max Brown.

"We definitely will be in the market in the spring,” he affirmed. “I think if there presents an opportunity, there's a player that passes evaluation, we certainly would be in the market for another player there." BN

Brown's HS Sr season 13-1, State Champ Runner-up (by an 8 Pt loss), but he was still awarded the MVP over the State Champ's QB.
Brown's Sr Stats:
P - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 Yds, 16.5 Yd/Comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD"s to ZERO LPF's. (5-star RB numbers)

If Billy needs a 3rd transfer QB, instead of being able to coach up the already demonstrated raw talent level of Max Brown in his 2nd year at UF, then the Gator's QB room is NOT THE PROBLEM, imoho anyway.....

Hey Billy, this from an old and long time Gator fan, either prove yourself as a QB coach with Brown, or else admit your incompetence and hire a competent QB coach that can.... 🤓

• Wow
Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Or maybe you're just a feveredbrain spewing out unfounded speculations all of the time....
=====

"The Gators' head coach, offensive play-caller and quarterbacks coach is optimistic about the transfer player — and leader — he’s getting to operate his offense into next season."

Transfer QB-pp Mertz -- Wis 4 Yrs, with 3 years as Starter - 20-13 (.665), Ave. 7-4 seasons.

Career Completions under 60%, with 49 Sac's, 26 Int's to 38 TD's. His combined Int/Sac numbers (75) double his TD's (36). The SEC defenses have to be licking their chops....

But that's still a lot better than Billy's other xfer QB-pp Miller's vaulted college experience, he's 0-1 as a starter with Zero TD's, losing 3 - 30 to OreSt in Bowl.

2022 - 13 of 22 (59%) for 180 Yds, 8.2 Yds/Comp, 0 TD's, QBR 28.3

"With Napier on record saying his goal is to have 4 scholarship quarterbacks on the roster, the UF staff will once again work diligently to pull in another transfer QB."
(seems to the iG that his goal should be to himself coach up one QB that can win games, instead of a pack or transfers to fill the QB room) 🙄

While QB-dt Max Brown's college experience consists of sitting on the bench because it was important to give Miller every single bowl snap, because he gave them 'the best chance to lose,,, by 4 TD's to a LAC-12 team.'
(In MB's 2 Yrs of organized football, as a learning beginner that went 25-2)

So Billy has said that he'll keep on shopping the Portal, looking for a decent QB that a competent coach has already coached up for him, while he continues to ignore his only roster HS recruited and dual thread QB, Max Brown.

"We definitely will be in the market in the spring,” he affirmed. “I think if there presents an opportunity, there's a player that passes evaluation, we certainly would be in the market for another player there." BN

Brown's HS Sr season 13-1, State Champ Runner-up (by an 8 Pt loss), but he was still awarded the MVP over the State Champ's QB.
Brown's Sr Stats:
P - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 Yds, 16.5 Yd/Comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD"s to ZERO LPF's. (5-star RB numbers)

If Billy needs a 3rd transfer QB, instead of being able to coach up the already demonstrated raw talent level of Max Brown in his 2nd year at UF, then the Gator's QB room is NOT THE PROBLEM, imoho anyway.....

Hey Billy, this from an old and long time Gator fan, either prove yourself as a QB coach with Brown, or else admit your incompetence and hire a competent QB coach that can.... 🤓

So Napier should spend most of his time with Max Brown because he has a lot to learn at the expense of the other QBs?

So Napier should spend most of his time with Max Brown because he has a lot to learn at the expense of the other QBs?

Perfect! More feveredbrain 'straw-man' drivel to begin my day here.... LOL!
(and go soak your head some more, that first time I suggested apparently didn't take..)
=====

Moving right along, while SMDH....

Opponent's Pt's scored:

2021 - 358 Pt's in 13 Gms (27.5 Ave) 3rd and Grantham during a 3 year scamdemic.

2022 - 375 Pt's in 13 Gms (28.8 Ave) After the scamdemic is Over....

So, what happened to that chitty DC, 3rd & Grantham, after he got sent down the road with Mullen? I'm betting that his football coaching career is over now, just like his haters wanted it to be, cause after all, they really know their football stuff... ----- Doh!

From an article in SI -- What is impressive about Grantham is his connection with his players. This is an important element for the success of position coaches in the NFL and a particular emphasis on the Saints coaching staff.

“Coach Grantham is a defensive line specialist,” former Gators DB and the current Shrine Bowl Defensive MVP Trey Dean told me Friday. He continued, “He is a great coach, one of the best defensive coaches."
"That’s a great addition for (the Saints) to add.”

1. Todd Grantham is already a millionaire due to his abilities as a long time football coach, in the NFL and in D1 College. And that's a Fact.

2. Todd left UF to be snapped right up by defensive know-nothing HC Nick Saban at Alabama as a defensive analyst. And that's a Fact.

3. After one year of that, he's now going back to coaching in the NFL with the N.O. Saints.
(but what do those losers (UA/Saints) know about football defense or Todd's abilities?)
And that's a Fact.

4. What a broken down incompetent bum Grantham is,,, right haters? ----- LMAO 😂
That's what the Grantham haters can now ignore, excuse, or just drop their loser subject like a hot potato. if they had a football brain among them....

So, what's it gonna be, more of the UGly buttsniffers inspired 3rd & Grantham ignorant drivel, or the crickets that this subject now deserves? 🤓

This is an excerpt on Max Brown from an article that came out today on Swamp247 discussing the Gator outfield situation this year.

"Florida redshirt freshman quarterback Max Brown officially joined Florida's baseball team in mid-January and started working out with the program when preseason practices began at the end of the month and has been a pleasant surprise relative to expectations after he took an extended break from baseball to focus on his football responsibilities as a scholarship athlete with that program.

Brown opened preseason camp 3-for-10 at the plate with a double and an RBI and has shown off above-average power despite still getting his timing down.

Baseball will not be the priority for Brown in this spring as his presence will be needed on the gridiron where Florida has just three scholarship quarterbacks. However, when Brown is available to Florida's baseball team, he could be an option to provide pinch-hit at-bats as a reserve given the offensive skill he's put on display thus far in fall camp.

"[Florida football head coach Billy] Napier and I had a discussion about it and basically the plan is to not miss football if there's a conflict," Brown said. "We'll also see how baseball games go, too, and can make changes if we need to. It'll be cool."

Brown was a super-utility player at the high school level and reportedly saw at least some time at every position other than pitcher, according to his Perfect Game profile.

Perfect Game evaluated him to be the No. 157 overall shortstop in the 2022 baseball class and deemed him the No. 10 overall prospect in the state of Oklahoma, where he ranked third among shortstops.

While he is not listed as a pitcher, Brown reportedly hit 85 miles per hour with his fastball at a Perfect Game event in 2021."

This is an excerpt on Max Brown from an article that came out today on Swamp247 discussing the Gator outfield situation this year.

"Florida redshirt freshman quarterback Max Brown officially joined Florida's baseball team in mid-January and started working out with the program when preseason practices began at the end of the month and has been a pleasant surprise relative to expectations after he took an extended break from baseball to focus on his football responsibilities as a scholarship athlete with that program.

Brown opened preseason camp 3-for-10 at the plate with a double and an RBI and has shown off above-average power despite still getting his timing down.

Baseball will not be the priority for Brown in this spring as his presence will be needed on the gridiron where Florida has just three scholarship quarterbacks. However, when Brown is available to Florida's baseball team, he could be an option to provide pinch-hit at-bats as a reserve given the offensive skill he's put on display thus far in fall camp.

"[Florida football head coach Billy] Napier and I had a discussion about it and basically the plan is to not miss football if there's a conflict," Brown said. "We'll also see how baseball games go, too, and can make changes if we need to. It'll be cool."

Brown was a super-utility player at the high school level and reportedly saw at least some time at every position other than pitcher, according to his Perfect Game profile.

Perfect Game evaluated him to be the No. 157 overall shortstop in the 2022 baseball class and deemed him the No. 10 overall prospect in the state of Oklahoma, where he ranked third among shortstops.

While he is not listed as a pitcher, Brown reportedly hit 85 miles per hour with his fastball at a Perfect Game event in 2021."

Well if he is prioritizing the football practices we will see what he has this year then.

Mike Farrell's Top 25 Recruiting Classes for 2023​

1. Alabama
  2. Georgia
  3. Texas
  4. Ohio State
  5. Oklahoma
  6. LSU
  7. Miami
16. Gators - This is a strong defensive class which is key but losing QB Jaden Rashada hurt even if it was the right move.

18. Noles - A smaller class gets dinged in math formulas but this class is quality over quantity and the offensive additions are nasty.

https://mikefarrellsports.com/recruiting/mike-farrells-top-25-recruiting-classes-for-2023

It’s interesting how there are all of these dynamic coaches out there immediately turning programs around in like 2 years and yet we are the only one on some nebulous 3 to 4 year “plan” and have to be “patient.” Wonder if Auburn fans will have to be “patient” this year? Of course we know the answer to that already….

And it would be somewhat easier to be patient and accept that there is a plan if year 1 plus under Napier hadn’t been an unmitigated disaster…which it was…and still is…
Bitch, bitch bitch. Didn't Billy have to coach Mullen's leftovers? I believe the season is over so how can it continue to be a disaster?......jim

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT