ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

QB-pp 6-4 215
2021: As a junior, led New Orleans Isidore Newman to a 7-3 record and a Louisiana Division III state semifinal appearance.

Fr/So/Jr Combined Stats:
Pass - 455 of 702 for 5,731 Yds, 64.8%, for 12.6 Yds/Rec, 72 TD's, 18 Ints.
Rush - 83 for 671 yds, 8.1 ypc, 17 TD's, 0 LPF's -- QBR 113.6
3 Yr Total Off. - 6,402 yds, 89 TD's, 18 TO's

=====

QB-dt Max Brown 6-3 200
2021: Oklahoma District 3-3A MVP as a senior.he led Tulsa Lincoln Christian to a 13-1 record and an Oklahoma 3A state runner-up finish.

His combined Jr/Sr 27 Gms, HS Stats:
Pass - 255 of 356, for 4,416 yds, 71.6% , for 17.3 Yds/Rec, 68 TD's, 10 Ints.
Rush - 327 for 2,335 yds, 7.1 ypc, 33 TD's,1 LPF -- QBR 141.3
2 Yr Total Off. - 6,751 Yds, 101 TD's, 11 TO's.

Bench 210, Squat 495, Clean 235

Holy Schite, go watch this kids Hudl highlights....

I'm beginning to get a feeling that Max might have a Trask arm with Tebow legs....
I just want a QB that gets dubyas. I don't care who he is or isn't "like".

IMG Academy sent a host of its players to the Swamp to visit the Gators this weekend.
Talented five and four stars such as Francis Mauigoa, Samuel M’Pemba, Carnell Tate, Jordan Hall and Will Norman.

Talented athlete M’Pemba was among the IMG players who visited Florida on Saturday. After his visit, he said the Gators helped their chances. He said the visit with coach Billy Napier and his staff went well and that he likes the new leadership in charge of the Florida program. M’Pemba noticed a difference between the old staff and the new one quickly.

“Really just who they are,” he said of their differences. “The old staff, I wouldn’t say they were bad, but it just didn’t feel the same. I feel like the vibe now is more personal. They are all about relationships, and it feels like a family atmosphere.”

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/06/florida-football-recruiting-samuel-mpemba-visit/

Reactions: gatordad3
Max Brown looks like he might be one bad boy

For QB, I think that Nappy leans towards a dual threat that doesn't turn the ball over.

Richardson over Jones, but both were 2021 turnover machines.

I'm taking Dual threat QB 71% Brown over all the rest.

Would the iG start a true Fr at QB?
Yes I would, but most, including Nappy, probably would not....
I'd keep Brown, Del Rio-Wilson, and Kitna, with the rest to the portal.

Then I'd work my recruiting to look for more guys like Mac Brown for 2023.
I would not spend 1 second more on recruiting Arch with his controlling family.

I just hope that Brown doesn't have to wait as long as Trask did, to get a shot as the starter.

For any pushing Miller, he has never had a season where he's completed even 60% of his passes with a 4 year average of 56.7%, and he has a 3.7 to 1 TD/Int Ratio.
To me, Miller is just a Richardson light at QB. If I was keeping one, it would be Richardson.
Was Nappy doing a friend a favor by taking Miller???
(rhetroical)

Last edited:
The iG's true 'fantasy picks' as the 'new clean slate' starters:
(and yes, I realize that this is just me 'pissin-in-the-wind' and nothing more)

QB Brown - Del Rio-Wilson

RB Wright ---- Ortiz
RB Bowman - Johnson
RB Lingard --- Etienne

WR Shorter ------ Fraziars
WR Whittemore - Weston
WR Henderson -- Reynolds/Burke

TE Elksnis - Zipperer
TE Odom -- Wilcox/Livingston

LT Gouraige - Tarquin
LG White ------ Mugharbil
OC Equakun - Slaughter
RG Torrence - Leonard
RT Braun ------ Harrod

Last edited:
Three of the Florida Gators' top in-state targets in the class of 2023 have supposedly "locked in" July 23rd as a joint commitment date.

No guarantee all three will pick the same school, though the timing & phrasing of their announcements seems to suggest that.

July 23rd is four months in the future & who knows how things will play out.

"...July 23 could prove to be a huge day for the Florida Gators on the recruiting trail, as a trio of priority recruits — Osceola (Fla.) defensive lineman Derrick LeBlanc, Dr. Phillips (Fla.) offensive tackle Payton Kirkland and Jones (Fla.) edge rusher Malik Bryant — have jointly scheduled their college commitment for that day."

Always worry when a player we really want commits early; then they decide to take "one last visit." Almost feels like we have to lock them up & guard them LOL.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...-malik-bryant-payton-kirkland-commitment-date

Last edited:
For QB, I think that Nappy leans towards a dual threat that doesn't turn the ball over.

Richardson over Jones, but both were 2021 turnover machines.

I'm taking Dual threat QB 71% Brown over all the rest.

Would the iG start a true Fr at QB?
Yes I would, but most, including Nappy, probably would not....
I'd keep Brown, Del Rio-Wilson, and Kitna, with the rest to the portal.

Then I'd work my recruiting to look for more guys like Mac Brown for 2023.
I would not spend 1 second more on recruiting Arch with his controlling family.

I just hope that Brown doesn't have to wait as long as Trask did, to get a shot as the starter.

For any pushing Miller, he has never had a season where he's completed even 60% of his passes with a 4 year average of 56.7%, and he has a 3.7 to 1 TD/Int Ratio.
To me, Miller is just a Richardson light at QB. If I was keeping one, it would be Richardson.
Was Nappy doing a friend a favor by taking him???
(rhetroical)
Thank God you aren't our coach. Thank. God.

From Jason Higdon & Rivals / 1st & 10 Front Page

Five-Star Offensive Tackle will visit the Gators
Five March Visitors excited about Florida
Hawthorne QB ready for Florida Visit

2023 Recruiting just starting & every day we get a post about a quality recruit visiting UF.

Billy obviously learned something while he was on Saban's staff !

Hopefully we will no longer have one arm tied behind our back when we recruit against UGA, Bama, aTm, Clemson, & an old foe - Miami !

Here ya go Nick...

Gator RB targets for 2023:

#6 RB Treyaun Webb 6-1 205 - Jax, FL -- Nap's only 'official' RB offer. (Dee Webb legacy)

#3 RB Richard Young 5-11 200 - Lehigh Acres, FL -- Coach Visited

#5 RB Samuel Singleton 5-11 180 - Fleming Island, FL -- (10.48 100-M, 6.4 ypc, 9 TD's)

#7 RB Mark Fletcher 6-1 225 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL (bull moose)

#2 RB/PR Cedric Baxter Jr 6-1 215 - Orlando, FL (size-speed-cuts)

Plus a list of others.... (notice that 5 of 247's Top 7 RB's are in FL)

I look for the Gator's RB room to thin out a little post-Spring game, and maybe again post-Fall practice as starters and depth are sorted out.

Right now, the Gators have 8 RB's 5+3 WO's, and none are set to graduate in 2022.

Lingard rsJr - Wright rsSo
Bowman So - Johnson So
Etineen Fr + 3 WO's (2 rsFr 1 Fr)

RB recruiting for 2023, depends heavily on what UF does in Nap's offense in 2022, and how the current room settles out by Sept.

Here ya go Nick...

#6 RB Treyaun Webb 6-1 205 - Jax, FL -- Nap's only 'official' RB offer. (Dee Webb legacy)

#5 RB Samuel Singleton 5-11 180 - Fleming Island, FL -- (10.48 100-M, 6.4 ypc, 9 TD's)

I look for the Gator's RB room to thin out a little post-Spring game, and maybe again post-Fall practice as starters and depth are sorted out.

Right now, the Gators have 8 RB's 5+3 WO's, and none are set to graduate in 2022.

Bowman So - Johnson So

RB recruiting for 2023, depends heavily on what UF does in Nap's offense in 2022, and how the current room settles out by Sept.
Insta,

2 thoughts -

perhaps I am one of the many posters deluded by the stars after a HS player's name ( 2 - 5*, 3 - 4*) but I doubt that any of the walk-ons get any reps.

From what Paco & others have said, Billy will indeed have a run heavy offense. Agree that good backs are important, but the start of any offense is the OL !

Still don't know how good they will be; doubt we know much till midway through fall practice.

Okay Jeff, so here's the OL as it stands today:
The BOLD are my projected starters

OL - 17 + 3

LT Gouraige rsJr **** (21 starter)
RG Torrence Il Jr **** - (ULL xfer starter)

OG Boateng rsJr *** (CU xfer, WO)
LG White Jr *** (21 starter)
OC Equakun rsSo *** (21 starter)

LT Tarquin rsSo ****
RG Harrod rsSo ****
OG Simonds rsSo ***
RT Braun So **** (21 starter at OG & OT)
OG Leonard So ***
RT Pitts So *** (flipped from UCF to WO)
LG Mugharbil rsFr ****
RT Waites rsFr **** - (ULL xfer)
OT Slaughter rsFr ***
LT Barber rsFr ***
OG Clem rsFr (2021 WO)
-----

Farmer Fr *** (summer/fall arrival)
Conner Fr *** (summer/fall arrival)
Williams Fr *** (summer/fall arrival)

OT Livingston Fr **** (TE? summer/fall arrival)

It's safe to say that Napier will aim to build a more cohesive unit that can adequately run and pass block consistently. In order to get to that point, he's split coaching responsibilities up front by hiring two offensive line assistants to develop the group in Rob Sale and Darnell Stapleton.

Here ya go Nick...

Bowman So - Johnson So

Wow! Singleton a 10.48 100m in high school? Awesome!

Reactions: gatordad3
Okay Jeff, so here's the OL as it stands today:
The BOLD are my projected starters

OL - 17 + 3

LT Gouraige rsJr **** (21 starter)
RG Torrence Il Jr **** - (ULL xfer starter)

OG Boateng rsJr *** (CU xfer, WO)
LG White Jr *** (21 starter)
OC Equakun rsSo *** (21 starter)

LT Tarquin rsSo ****
RG Harrod rsSo ****
OG Simonds rsSo ***
RT Braun So **** (21 starter at OG & OT)
OG Leonard So ***
RT Pitts So *** (flipped from UCF to WO)
LG Mugharbil rsFr ****
RT Waites rsFr **** - (ULL xfer)
OT Slaughter rsFr ***
LT Barber rsFr ***
OG Clem rsFr (2021 WO)
-----

Farmer Fr *** (summer/fall arrival)
Conner Fr *** (summer/fall arrival)
Williams Fr *** (summer/fall arrival)

OT Livingston Fr **** (TE? summer/fall arrival)

It's safe to say that Napier will aim to build a more cohesive unit that can adequately run and pass block consistently. In order to get to that point, he's split coaching responsibilities up front by hiring two offensive line assistants to develop the group in Rob Sale and Darnell Stapleton.

So you are saying that the 4 returning starters are going to start? My goodness, what a daring prediction...

Gator Rushing in 2021 - No. 4 in the SEC at 208.8 Yds/Gm.
=====
Napier supposedly deployed a run-heavy offense at ULL for 193.9 Yds/Gm.

RB Smith - 153 for 855 yds, 5.6 ypc, 8 TD's, L-74
RB Johnson - 162 for 838 yds, 5.2 ypc, 12 TD's, L-99
RB Bailey - 102 for 642 yds, 6.3 ypc, 8 TD's, L-35
QB Lewis - 100 for 343 yds, 3.4 ypc, 5 TD's, L 56
4 others combined - 24 for 76 yds, 1 TD, L-11
ULL Total - 565 for 2,715 yds, 4.8 ypc, 34 TD's, L-99
=====
UF Total - 495 for 2,714 yds, 5.5 ypc, 26 TD's, L-80

The major difference was in who had the carries at UF.
QB Jones 143
RB Pierce 100
RB Davis 92
QB Richardson 51
RB Wright 76
RB Bowman 14
RB Lingard 11
Top 2 QB's 194 for 1,160
Top 2 RB's 192 for 1,061

==========

Bizarro iG says
Put Jones in the slot-WR spot.
Put Richardson in the RB/FB group.
----------
QB Max Brown tFr 71%, 41 TD's to 4 Ints.
Rushing - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 1 LPF.
HS Sr Tot-Off = 61 TD's to 5 TO's

Results -- Quickly SEC-C's in 1-2 seasons.... 😉

QB Jalen Kitna rsFr 62%, 32 TD's to 3 Ints.

QB Carlos Del Rio-Wilson rsFr 64%, 16 TD's, 5 Ints
Rush - 117 for 572 yds, 4.9 ypc, 8 TD's, 2 Fum, 1 LPF

Will that kind of bold aggressive action ever happen?
Sorry, not likely in this lifetime, because it would require 'thinking outside of the box & then having the guts to follow through on it' against the so-called conventional wizz-dumb....
🙄

Last edited:
Nick,

Just for the hell of it -
"...in track, he (Jeff Demps) ran the 100 meters at the Florida state final, the fastest time recorded at that event at 10.37 seconds. He also clocked a 10.25 at the AAU Junior Olympics, the second-fastest time ever in the state and the fastest clocking recorded by a high school senior that year. Competing at the 2008 U.S. Olympic trials, Demps set a new national high school record with 10.01 seconds"

BUT - Demps is long gone & I will take Singleton's 10.48 !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Demps#:~:text=In track, he ran the,high school senior that year.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Nick,

Just for the hell of it -
"...in track, he (Jeff Demps) ran the 100 meters at the Florida state final, the fastest time recorded at that event at 10.37 seconds. He also clocked a 10.25 at the AAU Junior Olympics, the second-fastest time ever in the state and the fastest clocking recorded by a high school senior that year. Competing at the 2008 U.S. Olympic trials, Demps set a new national high school record with 10.01 seconds"

BUT - Demps is long gone & I will take Singleton's 10.48 !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Demps#:~:text=In track, he ran the,high school senior that year.
Agreed. According to Insta hat was his SOPHOMORE time. i would like to see the HS senior time.

Agreed. According to Insta hat was his SOPHOMORE time. i would like to see the HS senior time.
Nick, Per 247 - Posted a 10.96 100 in his freshman season.
Ran a 10.86 100 and a 22.40 200 as a sophomore.
So the 10.48 100 must have been his junior time.

For his Sr time, you'll have to wait until at least Sept, because he's still in his Jr season now, right?
He's set to graduates in 2023.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Offensive line coaches Rob Sale and Darnell Stapleton have extended several scholarships offers this past week, They understand that the talent level among the offensive line needs to be raised significantly if the Gators want to compete for a national championship again.

4* OTs planning visits to Gators -

Lucas Simmons has scheduled a multi-day visit to the Gators next week on March 15.
https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/11/florida-football-recruiting-lucas-simmons-visit-date/

Monroe Freeling out of South Carolina. He wasted very little time scheduling a visit to the Swamp after earning the green light.
https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/202...-monroe-freeling-schedules-visit-after-offer/

Wilkin Formby plans to visit the Swamp on Friday and Saturday, March 18-19.
https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/12/florida-football-recruiting-wilkin-formby-visit-date/

Gators make offers to Three 2023 Pro Style quarterbacks​

Arch don't pack your bags for Gainesville just yet -

https://hailfloridahail.com/2022/03/12/florida-football-gators-make-offers-3-2023-quarterbacks/

2023 5* Nicholaus Iamleava - Pro Style
https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...5-star-qb-offered-latest-uf-recruiting-intel/
2023 5* Dante Moore - Pro Style
2023 4* Dylan Lonergan - Pro Style
https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...t-step-with-on300-quarterback-dylan-lonergan/

EDIT
"...Florida and coach Billy Napier expanded their quarterback board again on Wednesday when they offered five-star Nico Iamaleava out of California. However, the Gators still have
Arch Manning,
Christopher Vizzina
Marcus Stokes

at the top of their board.

Iamaleava is ranked the No. 5 overall recruit, according to the On3 consensus."
https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/11/florida-football-recruiting-nico-iamaleava-offered/

Return of the Fun & Gun ???
With all these Pro-Style QB, Billy is recruiting, looks like he has had some serious conversations with SOS !

EDIT

Top RB Richard Young Locks In Florida Gators Visit​

The No. 1 running back in the class of 2023, Richard Young will meet with the Florida Gators on March 18th.
https://www.si.com/college/florida/recruiting/florida-gators-recruiting-richard-young-locks-in-visit

You can NOT win the SECCG with 3 yds & a cloud of dust; but a good running game never hurts ! LOL

2021 / 2022 Bama offense
Rushing - 2,659 yds (less 409 sacks = net 2250 yds) & 21 TDs
Passing - Attempted 571 - completed 380 - 5,073 yds - 48 TDs - 7 int

Bama - 2:1 passing vs net rushing offense

https://rolltide.com/sports/football/stats

Last edited:
Gator Rushing in 2021 - No. 4 in the SEC at 208.8 Yds/Gm.
=====
Napier supposedly deployed a run-heavy offense at ULL for 193.9 Yds/Gm.

RB Smith - 153 for 855 yds, 5.6 ypc, 8 TD's, L-74
RB Johnson - 162 for 838 yds, 5.2 ypc, 12 TD's, L-99
RB Bailey - 102 for 642 yds, 6.3 ypc, 8 TD's, L-35
QB Lewis - 100 for 343 yds, 3.4 ypc, 5 TD's, L 56
4 others combined - 24 for 76 yds, 1 TD, L-11
ULL Total - 565 for 2,715 yds, 4.8 ypc, 34 TD's, L-99
=====
UF Total - 495 for 2,714 yds, 5.5 ypc, 26 TD's, L-80

The major difference was in who had the carries at UF.
QB Jones 143
RB Pierce 100
RB Davis 92
QB Richardson 51
RB Wright 76
RB Bowman 14
RB Lingard 11
Top 2 QB's 194 for 1,160
Top 2 RB's 192 for 1,061

==========

Bizarro iG says
Put Jones in the slot-WR spot.
Put Richardson in the RB/FB group.
----------
QB Max Brown tFr 71%, 41 TD's to 4 Ints.
Rushing - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 1 LPF.
HS Sr Tot-Off = 61 TD's to 5 TO's

Results -- Quickly SEC-C's in 1-2 seasons.... 😉

QB Jalen Kitna rsFr 62%, 32 TD's to 3 Ints.

QB Carlos Del Rio-Wilson rsFr 64%, 16 TD's, 5 Ints
Rush - 117 for 572 yds, 4.9 ypc, 8 TD's, 2 Fum, 1 LPF

Will that kind of bold aggressive action ever happen?
Sorry, not likely in this lifetime, because it would require 'thinking outside of the box & then having the guts to follow through on it' against the so-called conventional wizz-dumb....
🙄
Because players are chess pieces to be moved around at your whim, and what THEY want to do means nothing to you. Jackass.

QB-pp 6-4 215
2021: As a junior, led New Orleans Isidore Newman to a 7-3 record and a Louisiana Division III state semifinal appearance.

Combined Fr/So/Jr 27 Gms, HS Stats:
Pass - 455 of 702 for 5,731 Yds, 64.8%, for 12.6 Yds/Rec, 72 TD's, 18 Ints.
Rush - 83 for 671 yds, 8.1 ypc, 17 TD's, 0 LPF's -- QBR 113.6
3 Yr Total Off. - 6,402 yds, 89 TD's, 18 TO's

=====

QB-dt Max Brown 6-3 200
2021: Oklahoma District 3-3A MVP as a senior.he led Tulsa Lincoln Christian to a 13-1 record and an Oklahoma 3A state runner-up finish.

His combined Jr/Sr 27 Gms, HS Stats:
Pass - 255 of 356, for 4,416 yds, 71.6% , for 17.3 Yds/Rec, 68 TD's, 10 Ints.
Rush - 327 for 2,335 yds, 7.1 ypc, 33 TD's,1 LPF -- QBR 141.3
2 Yr Total Off. - 6,751 Yds, 101 TD's, 11 TO's.

Bench 210, Squat 495, Clean 235

Holy Schite, go watch this kids Hudl highlights....

I'm beginning to get a feeling that Max might have a Trask arm with Tebow legs....

We may have gotten a real steal with Brown. His junior year stat totals are not as strong as his senior season because about 40% of the snaps went to another QB, most of those to a senior at the time who was also a good runner and passer and also an OLB on the team. A few went to a true freshman (Brown's team was often way ahead so they could get a talented freshman some reps).

When Brown's percentages of the snaps went way up in his senior season, his totals jumped up started to look more like an elite QB because he was getting most of the snaps. But by the time that becomes known, probably halfway or so during his senior season, most schools have already identified their prospects and either have them committed or are still working guys they have been recruiting for many months (and some years). Brown was just sort of a late bloomer in terms of opportunity.

When watching his HUDL tape, something jumps out at me on the first play where he scrambles around and buys lots of time before finding a receiver in the end zone who had worked himself open. And that is that almost the entire time Brown is scrambling, his eyes are downfield. That is something that is really hard to teach. Even young QB knows they are supposed to keep their eyes downfield, but doing so is another matter. Most of them either have the moxy to do it or they don't. If you run around scared back there that is something that is hard to change. Brown is a cool customer with eyes downfield while he avoided the rush multiple times.

Another play that stands out is about a minute into his tape. He has a wide open pocket and is standing tall looking for a receiver, but realizes there is a huge wide open lane for him to run. He could have stayed back there longer and tried to wait for someone to come open. But he recognized a big hole had opened up and if he took off running he would easily get through it and have a bunch of open field before anyone could even try to tackle him. He did not hesitate once he saw a golden opportunity, he was decisive and took off running. Smart recognition. (He scored at TD).

Not a single person I know in New Orleans, especially the ones with LSU and Isidore Newman educations, think LSU is even a consideration. It's a

For whatever reason, the Manning family does not like LSU, and never has.

Now that said, I would be shocked if he came to Florida.

Alabama does make the most sense but I'll be honest, there's something interesting about Texas.
I wonder if there was some bad blood that got started when Peyton was being recruited? I wasn’t following recruiting then but I would imagine since he was from New Orleans they were involved and maybe did something to turn off the family? Or maybe acted badly when he didn’t pick LSU? Or maybe Archie never liked them since he went to ole miss and had to play them? No inside information at all, but it’s weird when they aren’t involved in a kid from Louisiana

From Jason Higdon & Rivals / 1st & 10 Front Page

Hawthorne QB ready for Florida Visit
Just a FYI tidbit - They already have a Hawthorne QB on the roster.
WR/QB-dt Kahleil Jackson 6-3 213 rsFr (legacy)

Jr/Sr HS Stats in 22 Gms:
P - 133 of 224 59.4% for 4,214 yds, 20.6 Yds/Rec, 66 TD's, 9 Ints, L-75, QBR 126.8

R - 91 for 740 Yds, 8.1 ypc, 11 TD's, L-99, 3 Fum, 2 LPF
~~ He ran for over 100 yards in two games during senior campaign.
Total Off - 4,954 yds, 77 TD's, 11 TO's

With a full QB room, and maybe a need at WR, I don't expect Nappy to try Jackson at QB. I'll be interested to see how he does, and at which position (he can play many) this Spring...

He was also the PG for their Basketball team.
49 Gms - 11.9 PPG, 5.3 Rb's....

Former UGA commit Kayin Lee secures visit date with the Gators​

If nothing changes, he’ll be visiting the Gators this Friday, March 18th.

Last edited:
How Many official Visits can a D1 Institution Host Per Year ?
Can Unused Visits be Carried Over ?

13.6.2.3.5 Football. [FBS/FCS] In football, an institution may provide 56 official visits on an annual basis ( April 1 through March 31).
The institution must maintain a written record of the visits provided. [D] (Revised: 5/11/18, 5/16/18, 1/22/20) ....................... P. 109

13.6.2.3.5.1 Unused Visits -- Football. In football, an institution may retain a maximum of six unused visits from the previous year. Such visits may be used only during the following year.
(Adopted: 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, Revised: 11/1/01 effective 8/1/02, 12/15/06, 10/29/09, 5/11/18, 1/22/20) ..................... P. 110

2021-2022 NCAA Division I Manual
https://www.ncaapublications.com/p-4630-2021-2022-ncaa-division-i-manual.aspx

Until I looked this up, I didn't realize the limitation on Official Visits. Billy & Company must be great sales reps to get this many recruits to make unofficial visits to campus.

Last edited:
The 2022 QB from TX that flipped to OK due to the coaching change.

QB Nick Evers 6-4 190 **** - HS Sr 10 Gms:
181 of 327 for 2,366 yds, 55.4%, 13.1 Yds/Rec, 19 TD's, 8 Ints, QBR 87.5
Rush - 118 for 697 yds, 5.9 ypc, 10 TD's - 6 Fum, 4 lost.
Total Off - 3,063 yds, 28 TD's, 12 turnovers.
(expanded to match Brown's 14 games: 3,982 yds, 36 TD's, 16 turnovers)
The recruit ranking twits have him as a 4 star.
=====

The QB from OK that committed to UF to fill the open UF QB position.

QB Max Brown 6-3 200 *** - HS Sr 14 Gms
167 of 235 for 2,750 yds, 71.1% 11.7 Yds/Rec, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
Rush - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's - 1 Fum, 1 lost
Total Off - 4,093 Yds, 61 TD's, 5 turnovers.
The recruit ranking twits have him as a 3 star.
=====

The QB that everyone is recruiting for 2023

Arch Manning 6-2 170 ***** HS Jr 7 Gms:
115 of 186 for 1,371 yds, 61.8%, 11.9 Yds/Rec, 17 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 105.8
Rush - 33 for 310 Yds, 9.4 ypc, 5 TD's, 0 Fum
Total Off - 1,681 yds, 22 TD's, 4 turnovers.
(Expanded to match Brown's 14 games: 3,362 yds, 44 TD's, 8 turnovers)
The recruit ranking twits have him as a 5 star,
(but his last name has nothing to do with his rating....)
=====

Completion %
Evers 55.4%
Manning 61.8%
Brown 71.1%

TD's to Ints, Ratio & QBR
Evers 19 TD's, 8 Ints, 2.37 to 1 & 87.5 QBR
Manning 17 TD, 4 Ints, 4.25 to 1 & 105.8 QBR
Brown 41 TD's, 4 Ints, 10.25 to 1 & 142.6 QBR

Size comparisons for QB-DT:
Manning 6-2 170
Evers 6-4 190
Brown 6-3 200

Yds per Carry rushing:
Evers 5.9 ypc (697 Yds)
Brown 7.8 ypc (1,343 Yds)
Manning 9.4 ypc
(310 Yds)

I Expanded the Stats for Total Offense to match Brown's 14 Gms:

Evers (10) ---- 3,982 yds, 36 TD's, 16 turnovers)
Manning (7) - 3,362 yds, 44 TD's, 8 turnovers
Brown (14) --- 4,093 Yds, 61 TD's, 5 turnovers.

Given those 3 QB choices,,,
I'll take 3-star Brown every time, and let the Manning's go somewhere else....

We won't know until they play but Manning doesn't look like a can't miss prospect to me but maybe he will surprise me. Being on a team like Bama would help a lot also.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Florida and coach Billy Napier are set to host five five-stars and 14 four-stars in the Swamp this weekend after a strong weekend of hosting prospects to kick off March.

five-star QB Dante Moore, five-star RB Richard Young, five-star WR Jalen Brown, five-star CBs AJ Harris and Cormani McClain.

Easier to just cite the article & let people read about all the 4* for themselves if interested - I was !!!
https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/17/florida-football-recruiting-march-18-visit-preview/

Last edited:
Florida and coach Billy Napier are set to host five five-stars and 14 four-stars in the Swamp this weekend after a strong weekend of hosting prospects to kick off March.

five-star QB Dante Moore, five-star RB Richard Young, five-star WR Jalen Brown, five-star CBs AJ Harris and Cormani McClain.

Easier to just cite the article & let people read about all the 4* for themselves if interested - I was !!!
https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/17/florida-football-recruiting-march-18-visit-preview/
How many of these big time guys we actually sign is still to be determined. But at least he's making every effort possible to go after the very best players and not just lazily settling for who he can get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT