ADVERTISEMENT

Gator hoops team is full of ballers

Bull Gator
Sep 22, 2003
Im not overreacting, they remind me of the first time I saw the 04's group together.. They have so much talent and depth with it, they have star power and now another guy that can create his own shot in Koulechov, he needs a nickname immediately..

This team will score on anyone in college

and Egbunu coming back and Stokes, they will be deep. Exciting team

Im not overreacting, they remind me of the first time I saw the 04's group together.. They have so much talent and depth with it, they have star power and now another guy that can create his own shot in Koulechov, he needs a nickname immediately..

He has a nickname, 3-gor.

Reactions: sadgator
I mean i know it's not a good team we played

but you can tell when a team is loaded

We definitely look like a team that will be able to score. That tournament and the Cincinnati game will tell us a lot more about this team. We look better than KY right now but I could see them improving quite a bit as the season goes on.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I only got to see the last 10 mins but please tell me they are better at the free throw line than the past years?

I didn't realize he was that athletic. He has like a 38 inch vert. When Chiz threw him that lob, I was like wtf was that?!?

Crazy that Okauru was only rated 3 stars. That dude looks like he's gonna be awesome.
Yea. I am much more comfortable now. Chiozza is a senior, and we need a seamless transition next year. Okauru looks like a much more athletic version of Chiozza. A much taller version of Hill's explosiveness and hopefully none of the bad things.

Reactions: miksta
Very different team that what we've had the last few years where we relied so heavily on defense and 1 or 2 scorers. There are a fast paced team who can pass, shoot and make plays. Defense and rebounding are things to work on, but this is an exciting, fun team to watch.

Thanksgiving night first test against stanford, then a possible gonzaga matchup the next day.

Offensively, Mike White seems to turn guys loose quite a bit more than Billy did. They seem to play with a lot more freedom, almost Golden State style with the ball flying around and shots from everywhere. Chiozza, who I concede was our best pg by the end of last year, is really pushing the ball into the lane. They look great. We'll see what happens with an opponent who can fight back. I'm going to see them play Cincy in Newark.

Offensively, Mike White seems to turn guys loose quite a bit more than Billy did. They seem to play with a lot more freedom, almost Golden State style with the ball flying around and shots from everywhere. Chiozza, who I concede was our best pg by the end of last year, is really pushing the ball into the lane. They look great. We'll see what happens with an opponent who can fight back. I'm going to see them play Cincy in Newark.
Bearcats are pretty good this year

After 1st loss, you will post same old Gators. Your self loathing is as certain as death and taxes.

Very solid team, we found our coach....just a matter of time now once we get Chip in place, that we can compete for titles in both sports again at the same time.

Last time they were in Jersey I was there......lost to damn Rutgers and my RU boys were all over my sh*t in my face........justifiably since I talked so much trash leading up to the game, lol.

I’ve seen them play some crazy games up here. That game, double ot vs wake forest, sweet 16 last year was the topper.

Yeah, it was double OT right? Carter hitting game tying/winning threes.

No doubt that game is the sole reason Billy D went after him when he was looking to transfer.

Rosario from Rutgers too right? And we sent them Jon Mitchell. Weird. Too bad Carter never played like that for us. He was a true frosh I believe. Scored 31 including the game winner.

That was a good showing..Igor can score too
Young+Frankenstein+1.jpg

Reactions: GatorNation79
Where in new jerz are you? I’m in Montclair.
I moved to SC just south of Charlotte almost 4 yeas ago. I previously lived in Wayne, Mahwah, Butler, Morristown, Westwood, Jersey City, Wanaque. Miss the Italian food but not the taxes, house prices, and congestion.

How bad is Stokes hurt? The announcers mentioned a possible red shirt for him last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT