ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Basketball

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002
Time to switch gears, folks. UF basketball just beat LSU Saturday afternoon 83-79 at home to run their record to 5-1, 2-0 in the SEC. With K. Johnson on the team, UF was picked 4th in the SEC, LSU 2nd in the pre-season poll. But the Gators have played extremely well during their 2 SEC games since Johnson's collapse. Colin Castleton has been a force in the middle, Scottie Lewis & Tre Mann have been excellent and the rest of the guys have all contributed. Defense has been pretty good, ball movement good and Mike White has these guys of to a solid start in the SEC. Go Gators!!

Time to switch gears, folks. UF basketball just beat LSU Saturday afternoon 83-79 at home to run their record to 5-1, 2-0 in the SEC. With K. Johnson on the team, UF was picked 4th in the SEC, LSU 2nd in the pre-season poll. But the Gators have played extremely well during their 2 SEC games since Johnson's collapse. Colin Castleton has been a force in the middle, Scottie Lewis & Tre Mann have been excellent and the rest of the guys have all contributed. Defense has been pretty good, ball movement good and Mike White has these guys of to a solid start in the SEC. Go Gators!!
Big win. Will help come tournament time. Looks like a solid, if unspectacular team at this point.

Love the Michigan transfer. He’s really aggressive inside.

Big win. Will help come tournament time. Looks like a solid, if unspectacular team at this point.

Love the Michigan transfer. He’s really aggressive inside.
Would like to know what the technical was all about I couldn't tell if he said something which I assume he did but regardless it did seem to affect his game going forward. I do not believe he had an points after that or even took any shots. He had a great 2nd half anyways he'll need to be careful the first few mins. of the games because once the SEC officials start looking at as a foul waiting to happen you really can't do anything without getting called. I know Omar Payne gets a flagrant every 1.5 games or so and the other teams can essentially take his head off and not get called. They just don't like the way he looks or something.

Would like to know what the technical was all about I couldn't tell if he said something which I assume he did but regardless it did seem to affect his game going forward. I do not believe he had an points after that or even took any shots. He had a great 2nd half anyways he'll need to be careful the first few mins. of the games because once the SEC officials start looking at as a foul waiting to happen you really can't do anything without getting called. I know Omar Payne gets a flagrant every 1.5 games or so and the other teams can essentially take his head off and not get called. They just don't like the way he looks or something.
His first stare down was OK, but then he did it again. I’ll bet he said something as well. He didn’t seem to argue. Love the fire but a dumb time to get a T.

At least he didn’t throw his shoe.

Great win for the team. Considering everything they have already been through I’m happy for them.

Tre Mann has come into his own (so far). Having a real offensive threat in the post has opened everything up. Duruji and Appleby look like great pick ups. The pace of the offense seems to suit the players. Could be a good year.

Reactions: gatordad3
Mike recruits well (4 & 5-stars), and he's been exceptional with his xfer pickups.
Castleton - Duruji - Appleby - Osifo, on just the current roster.

Finally having a healthy post is what I've been waiting and begging for.
Castleton is a post beast, and he's yet to show off his outside shooting skills.
More and better to come in that area I'm betting.... ;)

Losing Key was yet another roster kick in the nutts for Mike, but the team seems to be adjusting well to the latest roster loss. I would love to see Key fully recovered and back on the floor, (crosses fingers). 😇

Last edited:
PF/C Castleton, SEC Co-PoW, is the first Gators post player to receive the honor since Patric Young did so early in his sophomore campaign on Dec. 12, 2011.

Castleton joins Young (once), Joakim Noah (twice) and Udonis Haslem (twice) as Florida big men to win SEC Player of the Week recognition over the past 20 years. (nice company that)... ;)

And then there's this:

Let's hope UF doesn't start the game the way they did last season against Bama, having to come from behind to win. Bama just torched the Vols at their home court.

Let's hope UF doesn't start the game the way they did last season against Bama, having to come from behind to win. Bama just torched the Vols at their home court.

Yep, because the Gator fans can still 'suffer a win' better than any other fan base in the SEC.... :cool:

Not the Gators' night tonight. Scottie Lewis was a non-factor due to foul trouble, which hurt. But Bama outmuscled, outhustled and outplayed us in all phases of the game. Congrats to them. We just need to regroup and beat Kentucky Saturday.

Not the Gators' night tonight. Scottie Lewis was a non-factor due to foul trouble, which hurt. But Bama outmuscled, outhustled and outplayed us in all phases of the game. Congrats to them. We just need to regroup and beat Kentucky Saturday.

don’t need to out-hustle UK, just normal mundane hustle..... UK will shoot them selves in the foot often enough for any hustle to score the win for the Geckos

Dan Mullen and Mike White haven't won chit, so fire them both, along with their entire coaching staffs.
The same goes for any other UF coach that hasn't at least won an SEC-C in the last 3 seasons.
Also fire the idiot incompetent AD that hired and retains them.
And consider disbanding the old 'long past their prime' UAA slugs that hired the AD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT