ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Basketball

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002
1-1 with a very tough pre-conference schedule coming up. The main issues - no inside game and very poor shooting. The Gators currently stand as the No. 252 field goal shooting team in all of college basketball at 41.8 percent, and No. 292 in three-point shooting at 26.9 percent. LaSalle Wednesday night and then off to the Bahama challenge where they play Oklahoma on the 21st, Stanford or Wisconsin on the 22nd and another good team on the 23rd. Upcoming games against West Virginia, Michigan State & Butler will test this team before they start SEC play. They have a lot of good players and more depth than in a long time. Hopefully they can get it going.

But also plenty of opportunities to get a couple wins vs some very good teams. I love it personally.

But also plenty of opportunities to get a couple wins vs some very good teams. I love it personally.
Where's your avatar pic taken at?

And yeah, after that shellacking by FSU I wonder what type of team we'll have this season after having high hopes before the season.

In B-Ball, team and/or individual 'shooting slumps' happen. It actually might be a benefit that the Gator's get one out of the way early. They have great shooters that just haven't been 'ON' yet, but they will be, and sooner rather than later I'm guessing. ;)

They need 20-23 wins to make the Dance. That should happen even with a slow start against a monster OoC schedule, and then later against the greatly improved SEC.
By game 8-10 we will have an idea of where they are as a team. I'm not too concerned this early with either the W/L or the shooting percentages. :cool:

GooooooooGATORS! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT