ADVERTISEMENT

Fsu interviewing Hugh Freeze for OC

Would be a disaster waiting to happen. For one he is as crooked as they come but Taggart don’t care. For 2 I seriously doubt he’s going to listen to a word Taggart says.

He's a cheater, both NCAA and on his wife, FSU and Freeze deserve each other

Reactions: bradleygator
Not sure about the NCAA cheating. Former players talked about money changing hands. But it’s not like Freeze invented that.

Regardless of any of the off the field issues, he brought in ridiculous talent to Ole Miss. he also put an offense on the field that looked like Oklahoma.

Willie would be hiring a guy the fanbase/boosters would trade him for at the drop of a hat. Any offensive improvement and mediocre season would result in Freeze being promoted and Taggart in the Sun Belt Conference. Taggart taking a big risk in hiring his immediate replacement.

Ask Alabama how much fun it is to play Ole Miss.

Freeze is one big reason that Bama has Tua and that offense now.

Would be a disaster waiting to happen. For one he is as crooked as they come but Taggart don’t care. For 2 I seriously doubt he’s going to listen to a word Taggart says.

He's a cheater, both NCAA and on his wife, FSU and Freeze deserve each other

Well if he is a perfect fit bring him on.....u guys brought in Urban so we can bring in freeze. I just hope he cheats and doesnt get caught.

Word is we are going to offer him A LOT of money to be our OC. Not saying its going to happen or that its done. But seems to be him or briles(think hes the younger one). Those seem to be our "top targets" . Not sure if we get them tho

Ask Alabama how much fun it is to play Ole Miss.

Freeze is one big reason that Bama has Tua and that offense now.

I think Freeze would be a good hire, just not sure if we can pull it off. Our admin has been clueless so far...so, not gunna hold my breath

Willie needs to just hire Freeze then give him his whistle and sit down. A WC poster did some extreme digging and here's a summary of his findings:

• More than half of Taggart's career wins (56%) come against terrible teams (4 wins or less). Breaking it down further:
    • 42% of Taggart's career wins come against really terrible teams (3 wins or less)
    • 30% of Taggart's career wins come against really really terrible teams (2 wins or less)
    • 15% of Taggart's career wins come against really really really terrible teams (1 win or less)
  • Only 8% of Taggart's wins come against teams win 8+ win
    • Taggart only has 1 win against a 10 win team (Arkansas State)
  • Average outcome against ranked teams is LOSS by 24 (average score is 41 to 17)
  • Taggart failed to put up 14 points+ in 20% of all games
  • Taggart gets blow out. A lot. He lost almost a quarter of games (23%) by 20+ points.
Scariest stat of all:
  • In 9 years as head coach, Taggart has only beaten 12 teams that finished with a winning record (possibly 13 if Wake wins bowl game).
  • Put differently, Taggart averages 1.3 wins a year against winning teams
  • Here are the only 12 winning teams Taggart has beaten in his CAREER:
    • Florida International University, Arkansas State, Cincinnati (x2), Temple, Memphis, Navy, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, NIU, BC - not exactly heavy hitters.

Willie needs to just hire Freeze then give him his whistle and sit down. A WC poster did some extreme digging and here's a summary of his findings:

• More than half of Taggart's career wins (56%) come against terrible teams (4 wins or less). Breaking it down further:
    • 42% of Taggart's career wins come against really terrible teams (3 wins or less)
    • 30% of Taggart's career wins come against really really terrible teams (2 wins or less)
    • 15% of Taggart's career wins come against really really really terrible teams (1 win or less)
  • Average outcome against ranked teams is LOSS by 24 (average score is 41 to 17)
  • Taggart gets blow out. A lot. He lost almost a quarter of games (23%) by 20+ points.
Scariest stat of all:
  • In 9 years as head coach, Taggart has only beaten 12 teams that finished with a winning record (possibly 13 if Wake wins bowl game).
    • Florida International University, Arkansas State, Cincinnati (x2), Temple, Memphis, Navy, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, NIU, BC - not exactly heavy hitters.

To be fair, the majority of the teams he played at USF and Western Kentucky did not have winning records.... But i agree. Hope freeze takes over. F it, hire butch davis as well and throw Urban some millions to help recruit. We would cheat and win like crazy which right now, im ok with

Well if he is a perfect fit bring him on.....u guys brought in Urban so we can bring in freeze. I just hope he cheats and doesnt get caught.

Word is we are going to offer him A LOT of money to be our OC. Not saying its going to happen or that its done. But seems to be him or briles(think hes the younger one). Those seem to be our "top targets" . Not sure if we get them tho
We "brought in Urban" BEFORE he was accused, alleged, slandered, etc. of any cheating or lying. You guys would be bringing in a known cheating, lying, rule breaking, immoral a-hole that actually had been fired for it. Lol, let's not play dumb and act like this is apples to apples here.

Reactions: PacoGator19
We "brought in Urban" BEFORE he was accused, alleged, slandered, etc. of any cheating or lying. You guys would be bringing in a known cheating, lying, rule breaking, immoral a-hole that actually had been fired for it. Lol, let's not play dumb and act like this is apples to apples here.

Listen....... Its better for me if we play dumb tho....so thats what we are goingto do. Urban Gator, Freeze FSU.... Pretty much apples to apples

Scariest stat of all:
It moved.

Scariest stat of all:
So why did none of the FSU brass, boosters, decision makers do any of this due diligence of the facts, like fans have easily done like you've shown above, BEFORE hiring and paying MILLIONS to this Taggart loser?

Although these are the same people that rely on public taxpayer funding to build their football stadium because they can't figure and obtain shit on their own devices so.......

So why did none of the FSU brass, boosters, decision makers do any of this due diligence of the facts, like fans have easily done like you've shown above, BEFORE hiring and paying MILLIONS to this Taggart loser?

Although these are the same people that rely on public taxpayer funding to build their football stadium because they can't figure and obtain shit on their own devices so.......

Because this a terrible take on him as a coach. I work in the math field as an engineer and i have seen some really stupid data be put up but this took the cake.

MOST of the teams that Taggart played while at western kentucky and USF were terrible teams. Every job he took over the team that he took over had 2 or 3 ins the yr before and were losing to those terrible teams. That poster made it seem as if taggart had alabama players and was losing to 4 win teams. Thats just not true. Context matters. He did good at western kentucky, he did good at usf and he did good at oregon(5 and 1 until his starting qb got hurt).

However, taggart never dramatically improved things in yr 1. It was always yr 3.

Im not a taggart fan, he doesnt have great success at the p5 level. I think hes gone after his 3rd yr, but that post was just plain stupid

The AD bailed for a soft job with the NCAA right after hiring WT. WT has proven little. One double digit win season and that was after almost getting canned. How did he turn around that one season? He let Flowers be himself and improvise. Brilliant, right? Especially against inferior non Florida talent.

He goes 7-5 at Oregon with a few blowout losses and FSU thinks they are making a great hire. The admins and booster execs are some of the dumbest and most gullible nimrods in FBS.

Well that backfired on FSU. I’m assuming Taggart is having a hard time finding coaches that want to word under him.

Well that backfired on FSU. I’m assuming Taggart is having a hard time finding coaches that want to word under him.

Freeze said he wanted to be a head coach in 1 yr, we were prepared to offer him a 2 yr 4 mill contract if he agreed to 2 yrs. He only wanted 1.

Briles and Fedora are the next options.... Cant wait to strike out on them and hire western kentuckys co offensive coordinator who didnt even call plays

Freeze said he wanted to be a head coach in 1 yr, we were prepared to offer him a 2 yr 4 mill contract if he agreed to 2 yrs. He only wanted 1.

Briles and Fedora are the next options.... Cant wait to strike out on them and hire western kentuckys co offensive coordinator who didnt even call plays

I'm more concerned with getting a QB that can run this offense than a new play caller. People that didn't watch every FSU game this year have no clue how terrible Francois is. Just awful. Taggart needs to be hitting the Grad Transfer market. The OC thing will work itself out.

I can't believe that, after the Winston saga, FSU would touch Briles with a ten foot pole.

I'm more concerned with getting a QB that can run this offense than a new play caller. People that didn't watch every FSU game this year have no clue how terrible Francois is. Just awful. Taggart needs to be hitting the Grad Transfer market. The OC thing will work itself out.

Isn't Starvin Marvin still there to take over?

Jesus....

I have a feeling it's coaching.

You guys were hyped like crazy about Francois after 2016, blamed his short comings on offensive line.

Then he got injured game one of 2017.

Then Willie comes in, looks like he's in way over his head, the whole team seems lost, as now Francois is awful?

Now to be fair, even in 2016 I thought you guys were being a bit over the top about him, but i guess Jimbos track record with QBs is what you were buying into.

I have a feeling it's coaching.

You guys were hyped like crazy about Francois after 2016, blamed his short comings on offensive line.

Then he got injured game one of 2017.

Then Willie comes in, looks like he's in way over his head, the whole team seems lost, as now Francois is awful?

Now to be fair, even in 2016 I thought you guys were being a bit over the top about him, but i guess Jimbos track record with QBs is what you were buying into.

Francois being good in 2016 is largely a myth. His FR numbers mostly came in his first 2 starts versus Ole Miss and Charleston Southern. The rest of the year he was largely ass sorry. In his marquee win against Michigan he was 9-27 and threw a pick 6. FSU's offense has scored 14 points or less in 6 of his last 12 starts. The people that think he's good are the people that watch FSU once or twice a year and just regurgitate what the announcers say about him (who also only watch FSU 1-2 times a year). There's a reason why Francois is supposedly transferring and no one seems too torn up about it.

ADVERTISEMENT