2004 6-6 lost to Minnie in Music City Bowl

2003 4-9 losing season

2001 7-5

2000 3-8 losing season

1998 7-5

1997 4-7 losing season

1995 8-3

With nothing better than a few 10 win season in between those years. o_O

So the Red Turds have have more losing seasons since 1980 than the Gators have... :p

Boy that means about as much as claiming that backup walkons might be the answer to any depth issues.

So bright.

Pitiful little attention beggar, kinda sad really, but here ya go,,, yet again.
Here to foul up yet another thread with his always village idiot smelly crap.
BothTotally Clueless and Boring is any ugly combination.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

I mean...Gene Stallings was a good hire.

Went 71-25 in 7 seasons from 1990-1996.

Won a national title, had an SEC Title, won the division 4 our if 5 years, and had a 5-1 bowl record.

Conversely, twenty years earlier he mad a miserable stint at TAMU, going 27-45-1 with only one winning season.

IIRC, Bebes was Bryant's choice to succeed him in 83, but we went with Perkins. It's a shame as I think Stallings would have had a great run in the 80s. His style of tough defense, special teams and running the ball had about worn out its welcome by the mid 90s once Spurrier started getting rolling. I think that's a big reason why Dye retired a few years earlier.

I don't think Stallings was a great head coach, but he was a great head coach at Bama. It was a good fit for us both.

He almost got fired at USF. He was a few losses away from getting his butt canned. He has never been anywhere long enough to know if he can build a program or sustain a program. That’s a fact. Who really knows. Jim McElwain once turned around a crap program as well at Colorado St. We see how that turned out.

Is Taggart any good? He has a career losing record and so far has broken a lot of records at FSU in his first year. Not good records I might add.

You would be lying if you didn’t think he totally looks out of his league right about now.

Why do people bring up the career losing record? Im not a taggart fan...at all...but to suggest that someone who took Western Kentucky from a 2 win team to a 7 win team...then took usf from 2, 4, 8, and then 11 wins cant "build" is crazy. He built 2 crap programs pretty quick. That doesnt mean he can sustain but he turned them around. Then went 7 and 5 at oregon...5 and 1 with his starting QB before he got hurt. I dont like Taggart, please stop making me defend his garbage ass with your ridiculous claims.

Why do people bring up the career losing record? Im not a taggart fan...at all...but to suggest that someone who took Western Kentucky from a 2 win team to a 7 win team...then took usf from 2, 4, 8, and then 11 wins cant "build" is crazy. He built 2 crap programs pretty quick. That doesnt mean he can sustain but he turned them around. Then went 7 and 5 at oregon...5 and 1 with his starting QB before he got hurt. I dont like Taggart, please stop making me defend his garbage ass with your ridiculous claims.

Taggart never had an 11-win season at USF and it doesn't look like he will hit 11 wins in his first TWO seasons at FSU.

You are what your record says you are.

You are what your record says you are

Too true! Maybe a 2nd tier on a recent winning streak? ;)

The Red Turds

2007 7-6

2006 6-7 losing season, lost to OKSt in In-Depends Bowl

2004 6-6 lost to Minnie in Music City Bowl

2003 4-9 losing season

2001 7-5

2000 3-8 losing season

1998 7-5

1997 4-7 losing season

1995 8-3

With nothing better than a few 10 win season in between those years. o_O

So the Red Turds have have more losing seasons since 1980 than the Gators have... :p

Reactions: fsu939913
I was checking FSU's schedule to see who is going to destroy them this weekend...Addazio is going to run the dive play at them about 100 times and score 45...book it!

Nulls can't stop my grandmother who is dead.

Not one person is saying tagg is a great voach...not 1...buca gunna buca

LOL You're claiming he's winning 11 games a year and turning around every program he's ever coached at.

Did all that, and still managed to have a losing career record as a coach. What a guy.

I was checking FSU's schedule to see who is going to destroy them this weekend...Addazio is going to run the dive play at them about 100 times and score 45...book it!

giphy.gif

LOL You're claiming he's winning 11 games a year and turning around every program he's ever coached at.

Did all that, and still managed to have a losing career record as a coach. What a guy.

Im not claiming....im stating facts. He did turn around western kentucky, he did turn around usf, he did got 5 and 1 with his starting qb at oregon. I have said from day 1 that i think hes fired in 3 yrs at fsu..... All of those are facts, im sure ur liberal ass will try to spin some more webs up and i kno liberals hate facts. There is not one coach who could have taken over those programs and had a winning record. With that said, dont think he will succeed at fsu. Good ahead buca, spin urself dizzy again

Cant wait to get bludgeoned again today LOL

Im not claiming....im stating facts. He did turn around western kentucky, he did turn around usf, he did got 5 and 1 with his starting qb at oregon. I have said from day 1 that i think hes fired in 3 yrs at fsu..... All of those are facts, im sure ur liberal ass will try to spin some more webs up and i kno liberals hate facts. There is not one coach who could have taken over those programs and had a winning record. With that said, dont think he will succeed at fsu. Good ahead buca, spin urself dizzy again
Hmmm McElwain took over Colorado St and look what he did in just 3 years.

So Saban and Meyer couldn’t have taken over those programs and had a winning record? Really? You are generally pretty even keel and makengood points but your being completely illogical on this just becuase you don’t like Ghost and it is clouding your judgement on this one IMO.

Scott Frost went from 0-12 to 12-0 in just 1 year. I think Frost is a very good coach but it is much easier to turn around a smaller program than a program from a power 5 conference and it isn’t like Taggart improved Western Kentucky and USF immediately. It took a few years and it was just slight improvements playing against lousy competition. It didn’t take Meyer, Saban, Frost or what Mullen is doing now at UF to turn their programs around quickly.

Right now he looks much more like a McElwain situation for FSU then any of the good coaches around the country. That’s just being honest.

I can give you a long long list of coaches who turned around crappy non power 5 teams only to fail miserably once they went to coach a power 5 program.

Last edited:

He hasn't turned around every team he's coached for. Hell his CURRENT team has a LOSING record. How is that a turnaround? LMAO!

He was at Western Kentucky for 3 years and had already hit his ceiling at 7 wins, which he got in the 2nd year and again in the 3rd.

He was at South Florida for 4 years, this was his only turnaround, he won 2 games his first season and 10 his fourth. He left before the bowl game, so he doesn't get credit for that, no 11-win season as you claimed.

He was only at Oregon for 1 season, and went 7-5 You want to claim he really went 5-1 LMAO!

And now of course he's at FSU and looking at an 4-8 season.

All that results in a 51-56 career record after 9 seasons.

He's a garbage coach that used one good year at an AAC school to trick Oregon into hiring him, then used it to trick FSU into hiring him.

3rd tier hire by a 2nd tier program. It is what it is.

He hasn't turned around every team he's coached for. Hell his CURRENT team has a LOSING record. How is that a turnaround? LMAO!

He was at Western Kentucky for 3 years and had already hit his ceiling at 7 wins, which he got in the 2nd year and again in the 3rd.

He was at South Florida for 4 years, this was his only turnaround, he won 2 games his first season and 10 his fourth. He left before the bowl game, so he doesn't get credit for that, no 11-win season as you claimed.

He was only at Oregon for 1 season, and went 7-5 You want to claim he really went 5-1 LMAO!

He's a garbage coach that used one good year at an AAC school to trick Oregon into hiring him, then used it to trick FSU into hiring him.

Why do you care so much?

As i said....i dont like taggart. I dont think he is some great coach by any stretch..but he turned around western kentucky, turned around usf and went 5 and 1 with the starting qb at oregon. We suck, but if history repeats it self we will slowly improve.

I do believe this is because of how well he recruits but i think hes a bad game day coach.

Getting 7 wins at a historically awful program is not bad. Turning around the mess at usf was a gokd job by him. He was at oregon for 1 yr and seem to turn them around. He hasnt done shit for us yet. I still think hes fire in 3 yra. I know in ur fantasy i think hes a great coach

Hmmm McElwain took over Colorado St and look what he did in just 3 years.

So Saban and Meyer couldn’t have taken over those programs and had a winning record? Really? You are generally pretty even keel and makengood points but your being completely illogical on this just becuase you don’t like Ghost and it is clouding your judgement on this one IMO.

Scott Frost went from 0-12 to 12-0 in just 1 year. I think Frost is a very good coach but it is much easier to turn around a smaller program than a program from a power 5 conference and it isn’t like Taggart improved Western Kentucky and USF immediately. It took a few years and it was just slight improvements playing against lousy competition. It didn’t take Meyer, Saban, Frost or what Mullen is doing now at UF to turn their programs around quickly.

Right now he looks much more like a McElwain situation for FSU then any of the good coaches around the country. That’s just being honest.

I can give you a long long list of coaches who turned around crappy non power 5 teams only to fail miserably once they went to coach a power 5 program.

O agree its harder to turn a bigger program around. I think that is a fact as well. Hes never done that. I think he will get us going in the right direct but i think he will get fired in 3 yrs. I know there is a huge laundry list of coaches who failed. Yes of course saban and meyer could have won at those schools. Meyer did at bowling green.

You say he was playing lousy competition but he had lousy teams that were historically bad. Its like UCF right now. Are they good? Yes. However, they are beating lousy competition. It doesnt make them any less good. They would do well in a big conference, dont think they would win anything though. When a team is historically bad, and then a coach makes them good, you cant say, but they play crappy teams....they are one of those crappy teams. Taggart did a great job at those other stops but like i said, and u said, its much much harder to do that at fsu which is hwy i predicted his firing in 3 yrs the day he was hired. He has shown nothing that makes me think otherwise. Pretty much what i was saying. Hes not a trash coach, hes not an elite coach. He was the best minority coach available which is why we hired him. I think that is a stupid reason..... But its the reason.

O agree its harder to turn a bigger program around. I think that is a fact as well. Hes never done that. I think he will get us going in the right direct but i think he will get fired in 3 yrs. I know there is a huge laundry list of coaches who failed. Yes of course saban and meyer could have won at those schools. Meyer did at bowling green.

You say he was playing lousy competition but he had lousy teams that were historically bad. Its like UCF right now. Are they good? Yes. However, they are beating lousy competition. It doesnt make them any less good. They would do well in a big conference, dont think they would win anything though. When a team is historically bad, and then a coach makes them good, you cant say, but they play crappy teams....they are one of those crappy teams. Taggart did a great job at those other stops but like i said, and u said, its much much harder to do that at fsu which is hwy i predicted his firing in 3 yrs the day he was hired. He has shown nothing that makes me think otherwise. Pretty much what i was saying. Hes not a trash coach, hes not an elite coach. He was the best minority coach available which is why we hired him. I think that is a stupid reason..... But its the reason.
USF wasn’t historically bad. Do you not remember what USF accomplished under Jim Leavitt?

As for Western Kentucky you may want to take a look at what Jeff Brohm did. The most wins Taggart ever got there was 7 in a season. I believe Brohm won 8 then 12 and then 10 games. Brohm never won less than 8 while at Western Kentucky.

Did he improve those teams? Yes he did but it wasn’t anything to be really impressed with either. It was slow and gradual in non-Power 5 conferences. Likely improvement due to recruiting. If he was an actually good coach the improvement would have been done quicker. Which is why you see no improvement at FSU in his first year. He’s not a good coach that hired a poor coaching staff. He’s a good recruiter so that is how his teams have slightly improved but he can’t coach so he has a ceiling.

USF wasn’t historically bad. Do you not remember what USF accomplished under Jim Leavitt?

As for Western Kentucky you may want to take a look at what Jeff Brohm did. The most wins Taggart ever got there was 7 in a season. I believe Brohm won 8 then 12 and then 10 games. Brohm never won less than 8 while at Western Kentucky.

Did he improve those teams? Yes he did but it wasn’t anything to be really impressed with either. It was slow and gradual in non-Power 5 conferences. Likely improvement due to recruiting. If he was an actually good coach the improvement would have been done quicker. Which is why you see no improvement at FSU in his first year. He’s not a good coach that hired a poor coaching staff. He’s a good recruiter so that is how his teams have slightly improved but he can’t coach so he has a ceiling.

Numbers apparently doesn't understand that it's easier to be beat bad team than it is good teams. Plenty of average coaches can win in the AAC and Sun Belt cause the talent level is less and the caliber of coaches in the league is worse.

Just because a coach can have 1 good season at a weak conference doesn't mean it will translate into winning the Power 5. Taggart being a perfect example of this.

I pretty much agree. I remember the Leavitt teams well. I also remember Skip takingthem over and trashing the program. Usf, other than 4 yrs, was pretty bad

Numbers apparently doesn't understand that it's easier to be beat bad team than it is good teams. Plenty of average coaches can win in the AAC and Sun Belt cause the talent level is less and the caliber of coaches in the league is worse.

Just because a coach can have 1 good season at a weak conference doesn't mean it will translate into winning the Power 5. Taggart being a perfect example of this.

Meyer did.... Literally almost all good coaches started at a small school. What your IQ just refuses to let u understand is that these good coaches took over a bad team as well.

I also think context matters.... Jeff brohm took over a MUCH better team than willie. I think the team willie took over won 2 or 3 games. The team at usf that will took over same thing. Context matters. I fvcking hate that you 2 are making me defend this moron, i want him gone, obviously but i think hes a gokd recruiter and i think he will do well in that rega4d. So let him recruit and improve us then let a real coach come in and take over. That is hopefully the plan. I dont think willie is a trash voach, but i dont think he belongs at fsu. Oregon was the perfect job for him imo

I hope FSU doesn't somehow find a way to hang with us. That offensive line is pretty bad but their defense didn't look too bad against BC's run game..

I love ole Willie...guy is overall 52–56 as a head coach...he's awesome....give that man a raise/contract extension!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT