ADVERTISEMENT

French Leaders Warn That Social Justice Ideas Imported From the U.S. Are Undermining Their Society

DCandtheUTBand

Gator Great
Sep 5, 2001
"When the French think you’ve gone too far with your wokeism, you might want to back up a bit."

LOL the french are lefties and this is a bridge too far for even them.

This is like our lefties telling the French, “hold my beer” as they jump off the roof. 😂😂😂

"When the French think you’ve gone too far with your wokeism, you might want to back up a bit."

LOL the french are lefties and this is a bridge too far for even them.

The French has been far, far right of the US on the issue of discrimination for a long time actually. Can you imagine massive racist or homophobic chants happening in an NFL, NBA, or MLB game? That's a regular occurrence in soccer games over there.

As many of you know, I'm liberal-leaning, and while I do agree that racial discrimination remains a major issue in this country, I think there's no shortage of politicians on the left who are drumming up identity politics to curry favors with their base. There are very, very few countries in this world who does better than us in racial equality. That's especially impressive considering we're more diverse than just about all of our peers (or perhaps because we're so diverse?). Racism is much more prevalent in many countries in Western Europe, and just about all countries in Asia, even if you only look at the highly developed ones.

This goes to show what many of us have been saying for a long time. Despite the dims that just nod their heads when the media tells them to do so, America is not the glorious country she once was and has lost her way. When France is saying your too liberal, you have a massive problem. This is EXACTLY why America needs more Donald Trumps, and fewer (IMO None) of the Bidens, McConnells, shumers, cheneys, pelosis etc. They are cancers that don’t speak truth, but rather, this weird PC language that doesn’t benefit the people. Donald Trump was a threat to their power, and was giving Power to The People, and they despised it. Now that, is WOKE

The French has been far, far right of the US on the issue of discrimination for a long time actually. Can you imagine massive racist or homophobic chants happening in an NFL, NBA, or MLB game? That's a regular occurrence in soccer games over there.

As many of you know, I'm liberal-leaning, and while I do agree that racial discrimination remains a major issue in this country, I think there's no shortage of politicians on the left who are drumming up identity politics to curry favors with their base. There are very, very few countries in this world who does better than us in racial equality. That's especially impressive considering we're more diverse than just about all of our peers (or perhaps because we're so diverse?). Racism is much more prevalent in many countries in Western Europe, and just about all countries in Asia, even if you only look at the highly developed ones.

This is simply untrue. Maybe Europeans chant homophobic crap during "football" matches but they've been well left of the United States for at least 200 years.

For example, during WWI, our Army was segregated (as it still was in WWII) while the French Army was not. American black soldiers fought within French Army units while American white soldiers fought as a separate American army.

During WWII, when our soldiers arrived in England, there were real issues of "intermingling" that had to be addressed with black American soldiers. The English did not wish to offend white Americans by allowing black soldiers into establishments frequented by whites but they also were unwilling to mistreat black American soldiers. It was quite the tap dance and it didn't go off without a hitch.

I'm not sure where you're getting your info but you might want to give it another look.

I’m still a little confused on how discrimination is still an issue in this country. Care to explain?

This is simply untrue. Maybe Europeans chant homophobic crap during "football" matches but they've been well left of the United States for at least 200 years.

For example, during WWI, our Army was segregated (as it still was in WWII) while the French Army was not. American black soldiers fought within French Army units while American white soldiers fought as a separate American army.

During WWII, when our soldiers arrived in England, there were real issues of "intermingling" that had to be addressed with black American soldiers. The English did not wish to offend white Americans by allowing black soldiers into establishments frequented by whites but they also were unwilling to mistreat black American soldiers. It was quite the tap dance and it didn't go off without a hitch.

I'm not sure where you're getting your info but you might want to give it another look.

You're going into another era, by "a long time" I meant the past 2-3 decades. France was well ahead of us in abolishing slavery and racial integration, but since then we've switched places. I'm afraid your impression of France is decades old.

You're going into another era, by "a long time" I meant the past 2-3 decades. France was well ahead of us in abolishing slavery and racial integration, but since then we've switched places. I'm afraid your impression of France is decades old.

I speak French and I've been there twice. My impression is not decades old.

You're contention is that the French 'paused' their take on racial integration or, to borrow a more modern term, social justice? That defies human nature...so agree to disagree.

Perhaps the French are to the right of the FAR left in this country but they are still easily to our left on the average. There's a very new, though small, nationalist movement in France today but that isn't really about skin color so much as it is religious freedom.

Reactions: fsumc
I speak French and I've been there twice. My impression is not decades old.

You're contention is that the French 'paused' their take on racial integration or, to borrow a more modern term, social justice? That defies human nature...so agree to disagree.

Perhaps the French are to the right of the FAR left in this country but they are still easily to our left on the average. There's a very new, though small, nationalist movement in France today but that isn't really about skin color so much as it is religious freedom.
I would say the nationalist movements you’re seeing all over Europe (Germany, UK, etc) is due to the leftist politicians opening their borders up and allowing the influx of Muslims who refuse to assimilate to European cultures. Sharia Law doesn’t jive with constitutional countries and many of these European cities are seeing portions of their cities completely controlled by immigrants to the point it is dangerous for natural citizens and law enforcement will rarely visit these areas. I can’t remember if it was Nightline or one of the other programs, did a special on this a few years ago. They had a female go to one of these areas in a short skirt at night and she wasn’t cat called, she was accosted and physically assaulted for being “a whore.” These grown men were stalking her and threatening her, telling her to leave.

I would say the nationalist movements you’re seeing all over Europe (Germany, UK, etc) is due to the leftist politicians opening their borders up and allowing the influx of Muslims who refuse to assimilate to European cultures. Sharia Law doesn’t jive with constitutional countries and many of these European cities are seeing portions of their cities completely controlled by immigrants to the point it is dangerous for natural citizens and law enforcement will rarely visit these areas. I can’t remember if it was Nightline or one of the other programs, did a special on this a few years ago. They had a female go to one of these areas in a short skirt at night and she wasn’t cat called, she was accosted and physically assaulted for being “a whore.” These grown men were stalking her and threatening her, telling her to leave.

Correct, that is what I was referring to.

Reactions: fsumc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT