ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ Texas A&M game thread...

He is a ridiculous coordinator
Gee, another third down blitz
And another big gain
Pitiful

Should have just layed down and let them score early on that drive and have time on the clock to tie it up, instead the pain and agony of letting them drain the clock.

gonna get that deadly COVID.

you should stop watching, you might get it too.

You don’t get it from watching on TV
You do get it when around someone who is contagious
And there are way too many people together at that game

I know you thought you were being witty but you were being stupid
I recognize embracing ignorance is part of the magat platform
Unfortunately when you screw up, again, we all pay

You are a simp. An ignorant simp

This defense is straight garbage and the rushing game is not good enough. Reminds me of college teams out west.

I think that's a little over the top.

People here begged for Charlie Strong but he's a bend but don't break guy. I was there in Auburn on the front row when we lost in 2006. Our DBs were playing 8-10 yards of the LOS so of course they dinked and dunked us.

just like when I was in the Swamp in 2005 whenJay Cutler ripped us apart on 5 yard slants.

no DC is perfect, and Grantham has plenty of flaws, but the fact that all anybody talks about is our defense is silly.

You still feel this way?

Again, I just don't understand the schemes. There is a reason he's 3rd and Grantham. Mullen got some soul searching to do if he wants to ever win a natty here. Needs to get a champ caliber D coordinator to help this young kids.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Defense has a lot of work to do. I thought the game against Ole Miss was an anomaly, but I was completely wrong.

Nope that is what we are. We have to win games on Trask's arm. We cant just line up and run the ball between the tackles on a good defense and we can't stop a decent offense. If we still had Franks starting no telling how bad this would get. Trask at least gives us a chance to outscore a good team.

Reactions: jmlabree
Marco Wilson has gone from potential All-American to the easiest guy to pick on. Safeties are constantly out of position and the front 7 can't get any pressure at all. Really bad.

You still feel this way?

still feel that way.
Grantham has plenty of flaws. I'd be fine with firing him, don't get me wrong, but no one in the SEC seems to be too hot on defense this year.

Davis fumbling at that moment in the game is theworst thing I've seen since the end of the UGA game in 2012.

losing 13-10 wouldn't make anybody happy either, but I suppose we can't talk about how on fire the offense is simply because we're giving up too much on defense.

magazine, an effing decade of bad offense and we can't enjoy anything because we're not finishing games 45-12 I guess.

still feel that way.
Grantham has plenty of flaws. I'd be fine with firing him, don't get me wrong, but no one in the SEC seems to be too hot on defense this year.

Davis fumbling at that moment in the game is theworst thing I've seen since the end of the UGA game in 2012.

losing 13-10 wouldn't make anybody happy either, but I suppose we can't talk about how on fire the offense is simply because we're giving up too much on defense.

magazine, an effing decade of bad offense and we can't enjoy anything because we're not finishing games 45-12 I guess.
I too had that flashback to the six fumble game and Reed fumbling as he was about to score. I think it was Jordan Reed. Rough day.

still feel that way.

You DO realize Vandy held this team to 17 points, right? I'm not saying we need to have the best defense in America, but is it ok to not be happy with a defense that is this much worse than VANDY?

I can't remember a Gator defense this bad - and I'm 68!. And it's virtually every aspect that is lacking. No pass rush, poor run defense, bad tackling, missed assignments, standing around in the zone and can't cover man-to-man, linebackers and safeties not filling gaps, no energy, no passion - I'm sure there are some other defensive qualities I'm forgetting, but the point is obvious. This is a terrible defense, one that doesn't get "fixed" in a week of practices or team meetings. It will take running the table to get in the playoffs, but there just ain't no way we even come close to that goal.

I can't remember a Gator defense this bad - and I'm 68!. And it's virtually every aspect that is lacking. No pass rush, poor run defense, bad tackling, missed assignments, standing around in the zone and can't cover man-to-man, linebackers and safeties not filling gaps, no energy, no passion - I'm sure there are some other defensive qualities I'm forgetting, but the point is obvious. This is a terrible defense, one that doesn't get "fixed" in a week of practices or team meetings. It will take running the table to get in the playoffs, but there just ain't no way we even come close to that goal.

I am just hoping Trask can have a real good day and we outscore Georgia and win the East. Problem is with a defense like ours another upset or two is likely and we could get left out even if we win despite them playing Bama this season.

A calm day later, and I haven't read this thread, I'm just posting my own thoughts...

1) As to the defense 3 games in: It's time to replace older starters with the younger guys. I'm not saying that will flip the situation instantly, but at least it will give the young guys game experience and work towards a better future down the road. It's not like the defense could get much worse with the younger guys. The guys that have been here for 4-5 years have shown in 3 games, who and what they are... 😏

2) To the current secondary: You are now officially Ho-dunk-U, no longer DB-U.
I'd take away their 'Game-Boys' first, that wasted time would be better spent in the film room. Then I'd spend half of practice every day with them on the tackling dummies. About half of the defense doesn't know, or if the know they don't do it, WRAP UP AND TACKLE TO THE GROUND. I would replace 3 of the 4 DB's with hungry young guys and work towards the future. There are a few exception on the defense that this doesn't apply to, but it's damn few at this point. 🤓

To the one's that this applies to,,, excuses = yap-yap-yap = ZZZZZzzzzz
zzzzz

3) At this point, the ole iG would go to 3 down linemen with 4 LB's.
Stop trying to sack the QB and instead STOP the runs and the short passing game.
==========

"It was a great day of football, great atmosphere here. Crowd was certainly a factor in the game, I will certainly say that," Mullen said. "I know our governor passed that rule, so certainly, hopefully the university administration decides to let us pack the Swamp against LSU … 100 percent, because that crowd was a major factor in the game. So, I certainly hope our university administration follows the governor. Governor Ron DeSantis (R) has passed a rule that we're allowed to pack the Swamp and have 90,000 in the Swamp to give us the home-field advantage Texas A&M had."

Sorry coach and fans, it's not really about safety at UF, it all about liberal politics in Gainesville and at UF, as always. But sshhh, don't tell anyone, because it's such a well kept secret.... 🥴

PS
Without drastic changes on D, they will be lucky to finish 7-3 this season....

You DO realize Vandy held this team to 17 points, right? I'm not saying we need to have the best defense in America, but is it ok to not be happy with a defense that is this much worse than VANDY?

loud defense is better than Alabama's.

I mean, look at the game last night.

A calm day later, and I haven't read this thread, I'm just posting my own thoughts...

1) As to the defense 3 games in: It's time to replace older starters with the younger guys. I'm not saying that will flip the situation instantly, but at least it will give the young guys game experience and work towards a better future down the road. It's not like the defense could get much worse with the younger guys. The guys that have been here for 4-5 years have shown in 3 games, who and what they are... 😏

2) To the current secondary: You are now officially Ho-dunk-U, no longer DB-U.
I'd take away their 'Game-Boys' first, that wasted time would be better spent in the film room. Then I'd spend half of practice every day with them on the tackling dummies. About half of the defense doesn't know, or if the know they don't do it, WRAP UP AND TACKLE TO THE GROUND. I would replace 3 of the 4 DB's with hungry young guys and work towards the future. There are a few exception on the defense that this doesn't apply to, but it's damn few at this point. 🤓

To the one's that this applies to,,, excuses = yap-yap-yap = ZZZZZzzzzz
zzzzz

3) At this point, the ole iG would go to 3 down linemen with 4 LB's.
Stop trying to sack the QB and instead STOP the runs and the short passing game.
==========

"It was a great day of football, great atmosphere here. Crowd was certainly a factor in the game, I will certainly say that," Mullen said. "I know our governor passed that rule, so certainly, hopefully the university administration decides to let us pack the Swamp against LSU … 100 percent, because that crowd was a major factor in the game. So, I certainly hope our university administration follows the governor. Governor Ron DeSantis (R) has passed a rule that we're allowed to pack the Swamp and have 90,000 in the Swamp to give us the home-field advantage Texas A&M had."

Sorry coach and fans, it's not really about safety at UF, it all about liberal politics in Gainesville and at UF, as always. But sshhh, don't tell anyone, because it's such a well kept secret.... 🥴

PS
Without drastic changes on D, they will be lucky to finish 7-3 this season....
Your analysis is right on the money, IMO.

DB-U??? From 2 of the best in the SEC & Nation, to 2 of the worst...

SEC Passing Defense Rankings:

#12 UF - 331.0 Yds/Gm

#14 LSU - 380.7 Yds/Gm

I have no explanation for this fiasco, on the part of either team's defense....
==========

The silver lining for UF is the passing offense.

Trask - 74 of 103 for 71.8%, 996 Yds, 14 TD's, 1 Int, in 3 Gms.

DB-U??? From 2 of the best in the SEC & Nation, to 2 of the worst...

SEC Passing Defense Rankings:

#12 UF - 331.0 Yds/Gm

#14 LSU - 380.7 Yds/Gm

I have no explanation for this fiasco, on the part of either team's defense....
==========

The silver lining for UF is the passing offense.

Trask - 74 of 103 for 71.8%, 996 Yds, 14 TD's, 1 Int, in 3 Gms.

When Spurrier was putting 40 a game on teams, those teams were averaging about 15 points a game on defense. That was truly impressive. This year we are putting 40 a game on teams that are giving up 40 a game. So, not sure if the offense is great. Wouldn't be at all surprised to go to Jax and score 17 again.

Grantham is garbage and has been for years. Mullen’s program isn’t going anywhere until that useless clown is fired.

Reactions: seffnergator
WR Toney - 18 for 237 Yds, 13.16 Yds/Rec, L-57, 4 TD's

WR Grimes - 8 for 134 Yds, 16.75 Yds/Rec, L-30, 2 TD's.

WR Shorter 6 for 46 Yds, 7.67 Yds/Rec, L-18, 0 TD's.

WR Whittemore 5 for 56 Yds, 11.2 Yds/Rec, L-26, 1 TD..

WR Copeland - 4 for 51 yds, 12.75 Yds/Rec, L-14, 0 TD's.

WR Henderson - 2 for 32 Yds, 16.00 Yds/Rec, L-23, 0 TD's

==========

TE Kyle Pitts - 17 for 274 Yds, 16.12 Yds/Rec, L-71, 7 TD's.

TE Zipperer - 1 for 11 Yds, 0 TD's.

TE Gamble - 1 fpr 7 Yds, 0 TD's.
----------

RB Davis - 8 for 119 Yds, 14.88 Yds/Rec, L-39 Yds, 0 TD's

RB Wright - 3 for 56 Yds, 18.67 Yds/Rec, L-26 Yds, 0 TD's.

RB Pierce - 2 for 3 Yds, 1.50 Yds/Rec, L-2.0 Yds, 1 TD.
----------
TEAM (12) - 75 for 1,026 Yds, 13.68 Yds/Rec, L-71, 14 TD's, 1 Int, 342.0 Yds/Gm
==========

The 2020 Leading Receivers by position after 3 games:

WR Toney - 18 for 237 Yds, 13.16 Yds/Rec, L-57, 4 TD's

TE Kyle Pitts - 17 for 274 Yds, 16.12 Yds/Rec, L-71, 7 TD's.

RB Davis - 8 for 119 Yds, 14.88 Yds/Rec, L-39 Yds, 0 TD's

Leaders Combined - 43 for 630 Yds, 14.65 Yds/Rec, L-71, 11 TD's.

==========

1. Know the called plays, the checkoffs, and the hot-reads.
2. Handle the blocking assignments.
3. Run a correct and precise route.
4. Get open and/or adjust the route when a play breaks down.
5. Catch the damn ball when you are targeted.
6. YAC's vs Dropped Balls

This S.I. article gave limited information and was poorly thought out imoho.

NOTE - Team rushing - 77 for 394 Yds, 4.8 YPC, L-50, 5 TD's.

Grantham is garbage and has been for years. Mullen’s program isn’t going anywhere until that useless clown is fired.

As usual, spot on!

Then fire that dumb-azz Dan for hiring him as his DC to begin with, and then giving him a raise to retain his services.
Dan's obviously not as football smart as the few Grantham detractors here are.... ;)

2020 has been and continues to be such a bizarre, crazy year I think everyone gets a pass on whatever happens in the sports arena. IMO, no AD is going to consider staff changes until there's a full year of spring practice, summer workouts, fall camp and a normal 12 game schedule with full stadiums.

Then fire that dumb-azz Dan for hiring him as his DC to begin with, and then giving him a raise to retain his services.
Dan's obviously not as football smart as the few Grantham detractors here are.... ;)
Dude has been average at best for several years. Can't hide from that fact. If we are going to make the leap to national title contender Dan needs to upgrade the D coordinator position.

so anytime someone under performs at their job, the person that hired them should be fired. So fire Grantham, then Dan because he's dumb for hiring him, then the AD, then the president.

right?

i know you think you're being cute but you come across like a 5 year old.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT