ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ Texas A&M game thread...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
I have a bad feeling about this game. Fisher is under a lot of pressure to finally win a game like this and I think A&M is going to be really fired up for this game coming off a loss like that. Also A&M isn't a team its easy just to line the ball up and run on as Bama wasn't even able to really do that on them. Trask will have to make sure he protects the ball as he will have to win this game for us with his passing.

I think that's a little over the top.

People here begged for Charlie Strong but he's a bend but don't break guy. I was there in Auburn on the front row when we lost in 2006. Our DBs were playing 8-10 yards of the LOS so of course they dinked and dunked us.

just like when I was in the Swamp in 2005 whenJay Cutler ripped us apart on 5 yard slants.

no DC is perfect, and Grantham has plenty of flaws, but the fact that all anybody talks about is our defense is silly.

I think that's a little over the top.

People here begged for Charlie Strong but he's a bend but don't break guy. I was there in Auburn on the front row when we lost in 2006. Our DBs were playing 8-10 yards of the LOS so of course they dinked and dunked us.

just like when I was in the Swamp in 2005 whenJay Cutler ripped us apart on 5 yard slants.

no DC is perfect, and Grantham has plenty of flaws, but the fact that all anybody talks about is our defense is silly.
I'm not by any means defending Strong but wasn't majority of that defense led by Mattison?

“you didn't like that one on TAMUs last possession that overloaded the blind side?“

I’m all for blitzing when beneficial. Grantham seems to be dependent on the blitz at times. Puts too much pressure on a already suspect secondary.

“you didn't like that one on TAMUs last possession that overloaded the blind side?“

I’m all for blitzing when beneficial. Grantham seems to be dependent on the blitz at times. Puts too much pressure on a already suspect secondary.

I won't disagree with you there.

it does seem like he's playing a video game and insists upon blitzing constantly and I'm not sure they're as sophisticated as say, a Muschamp focused scheme.

I know people don't like him but I would trade grantham for Muschamp as DC in a heart beat.

Reactions: seffnergator
Announcers excited about all that death being spread

Abbott May be a dumber governor than DeSantis, and that didn’t seem possible

Yee haw, cough cough, go aggies, ain’t no one talking me, cough, I can’t make other sick! Freedom!

End of the 3rd, Aggies driving to take the lead. The defense is absolutely terrible. No passion. Elam is the only Gator playing anywhere near decent.

3rd and 5 and we are in 2 deep safety? That was odd. Grantham does blitz a bunch. but they are slow developing blitzes and easy to pick up by the offense. AM will score at least 14 more so hopefully we will have the ball last with a chance at the end.

Reactions: fsu939913
End of the 3rd, Aggies driving to take the lead. The defense is absolutely terrible. No passion. Elam is the only Gator playing anywhere near decent.

Jimbo is exposing their weakness on d right now. The run fits are just so bad. Altho they havent looked great all yr i thought they would turn it around against A and M but it looks like its going in the other direction. You still have trask tho, so u can still score

Damn falling apart with mental errors.

Never ever ever move on a FG if you are an interior lineman. You serve very little purpose other than to block the interior DL who rarely blocks a kick unless they jump high on a low kick.

Sheesh, the timeouts they have been calling are so unnecessary as well.

He was down

And another predictable blitz leaving one on one

I suspect this gets overturned

Damn that Alabama dude from @Dannygator1989 hometown is a badass.

And word has it his younger brother is better. He's breaking Evan's records at Fort Payne.

the older brother was pretty good too but chased a girl to La Tech and ended up a punter and that was that.

Fun fact about Evan. He was committed to Mississippi State, and when Dan went to Florida, a week later he was in FP talking to him to get him to come to Gainesville. It was the first place he went.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Toney needs the ball in his hands 10-15 times a game.

High percentage plays, not a telegraphed reverse 10 yards behind the LOS. Wildcat runs, bubble screens, that type stuff.

Fudge, A&M on a long pass. @##$$@@@$&

Looks like it might come down to my hometown boy to win this game.

hopefully we can go down the field and kill the clock and score a touchdown.

ADVERTISEMENT