ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Peeps!

goldmom

Ring of Honor
Mar 29, 2002
Already there are the not unexpected social media attacks on our Governor and our state seeking to throw major shade on us for the tragic aftermath of this hurricane.
The fact is Southwest Florida has been largely spared over the years from a monster storm. Charley in 2004 did some damage but outside of Punta Gorda it’s been mostly forgotten.
If y’all grew up here like I did you know that Florida building codes in place back in the day weren’t up to the current standards. Thus there were large numbers of older housing stock in Lee, Collier and Charlotte Counties that would never be able to withstand a storm like Ian.
In 1960 55,000 people lived in Lee County. Florida pols LOVED developers who dredged up Swamp and threw up houses to advertise a tropical retirement in a cheap house with low taxes,
In 2020 756,000 live there. Wow. 😳
Bottom line this will be a HERCULEAN effort by the State and local governments. I don’t doubt there will be a few missteps along the way,
The Democrats will try their best to criticize those efforts and blame our Governor. Charlie Chump will be all over it.
If Mother Teresa was leading the recovery effort they’d be all over her too.

Get on social media and DEFEND OUR STATE AND OUR GREAT GOVERNOR!

Already there are the not unexpected social media attacks on our Governor and our state seeking to throw major shade on us for the tragic aftermath of this hurricane.
The fact is Southwest Florida has been largely spared over the years from a monster storm. Charley in 2004 did some damage but outside of Punta Gorda it’s been mostly forgotten.
If y’all grew up here like I did you know that Florida building codes in place back in the day weren’t up to the current standards. Thus there were large numbers of older housing stock in Lee, Collier and Charlotte Counties that would never be able to withstand a storm like Ian.
In 1960 55,000 people lived in Lee County. Florida pols LOVED developers who dredged up Swamp and threw up houses to advertise a tropical retirement in a cheap house with low taxes,
In 2020 756,000 live there. Wow. 😳
Bottom line this will be a HERCULEAN effort by the State and local governments. I don’t doubt there will be a few missteps along the way,
The Democrats will try their best to criticize those efforts and blame our Governor. Charlie Chump will be all over it.
If Mother Teresa was leading the recovery effort they’d be all over her too.

Get on social media and DEFEND OUR STATE AND OUR GREAT GOVERNOR!
Already been crushing lefty skulls on Yahoo linked articles in the comments section. DeSantis is doing well. It's the woke soy cucks from California, Chicago, NYC that are doing all of the whining. It's not going well for them. Floridians are stepping up to the plate and bulldozing them.

Honestly none of this will change anything. The people who already hated DeSantis, and every other conservative, will continue to hate them. They will of course attempt to blame him, a human man (see not Neptune), for the storm and the damages it caused.

Reasonable people will see that for what it is...all the while laughing at the slope-headed ideologues. Like this mental midget...

Honestly none of this will change anything. The people who already hated DeSantis, and every other conservative, will continue to hate them. They will of course attempt to blame him, a human man (see not Neptune), for the storm and the damages it caused.

Reasonable people will see that for what it is...all the while laughing at the slope-headed ideologues. Like this mental midget...

That moron would bitch if the Florida National Guard rescued him from his rooftop in 10 foot deep floods. IDGAF about these soy cucks, have we not learned our lessons from the past? These same douchebags blamed milktoast Bush for not doing the mayor and governors job in New Orleans during Katrina. Eff them and the tranny goat they rode in on. :mad:

A Biden Boy! JERK.

A Biden Boy! JERK.
Yes maam. I'm not picking on you but we've been trying to tell you. We can't play nice with commie terrorists. The Red Sea parted and has closed back in again. These people don't understand compromise and tolerance. Live by the sword, die by the sword. It's time for them to be smitten. Maybe now you'll understand why we stand by Trump. Does he do things the way I would? No . But he takes no shit, no quarter given. Give these people an inch and they'll take a mile. Trump was good at smiting them. We need more Trumps, and DeSantis is the heir apparent.

And this is why it's a waste of time.

These people are insane and then the bots come running to support - they're literally comparing a heatwave in CA to a freaking Cat 4 100-year storm to compare electrical grid performance.

@GhostOfMatchesMalone - I'm starting to wonder if we really do have the dumbest trolls on the internet.

I can't tell you the number of people on Yahoo message boards that I've triggered........by mentioning that Sandy was a little spring shower that made wild flowers blossom, compared the the annual assault we get from West Africa. 😂 😂 😂
super storm sandy!!! its the squeaky wheel....

😍

Fd7eN88WAAsWt15

I live in the panhandle, and have for 60 years..55 of it on the water. I have only evacuated one time in all of those years, and only went to a local high school. The not evacuating thing will change, as I am no longer bullet proof (still rich and good looking) (LOL) I have stated before that we do not have near the same problems with things such as looting(EVERYONE carries up here, and WILL defend their property). I would stay up to Cat 3 (my house is 21 ft above seal level), but after watching Michael rapidly strengthen as it arrived on shore kind of changed my thinking about riding storms out. To all affected, God Bless you..and my heart breaks for each of you. And I HAVE said prayers for GreyGhost, because he as in a very bad area, and rode it out. to my knowledge, no one has heard from him. On another note, someone on our pay board that lives in Ft Meyers said that there were bodies floating all over down there, so I expect the death toll to rise from the reports that have been getting out

I live in the panhandle, and have for 60 years..55 of it on the water. I have only evacuated one time in all of those years, and only went to a local high school. The not evacuating thing will change, as I am no longer bullet proof (still rich and good looking) (LOL) I have stated before that we do not have near the same problems with things such as looting(EVERYONE carries up here, and WILL defend their property). I would stay up to Cat 3 (my house is 21 ft above seal level), but after watching Michael rapidly strengthen as it arrived on shore kind of changed my thinking about riding storms out. To all affected, God Bless you..and my heart breaks for each of you. And I HAVE said prayers for GreyGhost, because he as in a very bad area, and rode it out. to my knowledge, no one has heard from him. On another note, someone on our pay board that lives in Ft Meyers said that there were bodies floating all over down there, so I expect the death toll to rise from the reports that have been getting out
I feel bad for the people affected. It just goes to show you how the leftards operate and feel. They politicize a hurricane that harms people just to poke the bear DeSantis is. It is completely irrational, but it's what lefty fuktards do. Eff them and the tranny horse they rode in onl

Damage report?
Not good.
I was in some of the areas closest to the river yesterday and let me tell you, house after house, street after street, block after block the roads were literally lined with the personal belongings from these houses.
Furniture, appliances, clothes, nick-nacks, wall art, etc.
People throwing their whole lives out to the street.

I was in those areas working because that's what I was told to do but I have to say, it felt like I was violating their privacy and personal space - I did not enjoy what I saw. Flooding from surge was particularly brutal in these areas.

54' yacht literally laying in the owners backyard right up against the screen enclosure, one woman I spoke with yesterday showed me where her 25' sailboat wound up, in her backyard literally turned 90 degrees and facing the house.

But on the bright side, people are upbeat, chipper, generally in good spirits considering what they went through a week ago. The one consistent thing they all asked me was what's going on in the world, how's the city doing and when will they get electric back.

Not good.
I was in some of the areas closest to the river yesterday and let me tell you, house after house, street after street, block after block the roads were literally lined with the personal belongings from these houses.
Furniture, appliances, clothes, nick-nacks, wall art, etc.
People throwing their whole lives out to the street.

I was in those areas working because that's what I was told to do but I have to say, it felt like I was violating their privacy and personal space - I did not enjoy what I saw. Flooding from surge was particularly brutal in these areas.

54' yacht literally laying in the owners backyard right up against the screen enclosure, one woman I spoke with yesterday showed me where her 25' sailboat wound up, in her backyard literally turned 90 degrees and facing the house.

But on the bright side, people are upbeat, chipper, generally in good spirits considering what they went through a week ago. The one consistent thing they all asked me was what's going on in the world, how's the city doing and when will they get electric back.
I've seen the aerial photos. It's a tragedy for sure.

• Sad
Reactions: nail1988
I've seen the aerial photos. It's a tragedy for sure.

I haven't seen any photos as yet, but I'm sure as soon as power is restored and internet is back up and running I will.

But to tell you the truth, after what I've seen these last few days I'm not certain that I want to see any more.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

Well Mr. Cooper, if that is indeed your real name, I'm one of the last tens of thousands TODAY (8/7/22) that still doesn't have power.
You see me, or others in this boat complaining ?
We know the score, and apparently your "tweet" failed to touch third base on the way home you dolt.
You wanna blame somebody for the power not being restored faster in the largest city in SW Florida ? Blame LCEC.
Oh, by the way Mr. Cooper, in case you don't know the difficult answer to the impromptu trivia question - it's Cape Coral.

On a personal note, you disgrace the spelling of Jon.

I've been off the board from home since 9/28 due to no power, I come back here 2 days ago on my office computer and this is what is going on ?

These morons really need to get out once in awhile and enjoy what life has to offer.

Well Mr. Cooper, if that is indeed your real name, I'm one of the last tens of thousands TODAY (8/7/22) that still doesn't have power.
You see me, or others in this boat complaining ?
We know the score, and apparently your "tweet" failed to touch third base on the way home you dolt.
You wanna blame somebody for the power not being restored faster in the largest city in SW Florida ? Blame LCEC.
Oh, by the way Mr. Cooper, in case you don't know the difficult answer to the impromptu trivia question - it's Cape Coral.

On a personal note, you disgrace the spelling of Jon.

I've been off the board from home since 9/28 due to no power, I come back here 2 days ago on my office computer and this is what is going on ?

These morons really need to get out once in awhile and enjoy what life has to offer.

Someone send this message to Jon Cooper. There are more of these guys than those who agree with Cooper.

ADVERTISEMENT