ADVERTISEMENT

Fine if Rashada comes or not

Politics was more in the FF decision that Dan imo.
And Dan is the only UF football coach that's ever had to try to deal with 3 years of a Scamdemic, but let's just gloss over that reality....

You have to admit after Frank's almost gave that Miami game away there was no reason whatsoever the change shouldn't have been made immediaty after that.

Reactions: gatordad3
1. AR-15 came into the 22 season as a much hyped Heisman hopeful.
2. With BN's help, he ended the season as a 6-6 after-thought.....
3. 3-30 Bowl Miller showed us what BN can accomplish with his prime xfer QB.
4. BN brings in his 2nd xfer QB, Meertz, so now Brown is with O'Sul with no Spring practice or O&B game on his horizon....
5. Rashada is now a total boondoggle (CLUSTER), so BN's answer is to look for yet another (3rd) xfer QB....
6. Anyone taking odds on 24 Lagway staying committed???

Yep, Dan is out there somewhere counting his Millions,,, and LHFAO.....
😂
I was starting to think that all of this drama may cause Lagway to rethink his commitment. And I don't really believe ithere is going to be any top recruits coming to UF in the near future because of all of this.JMO.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Politics was more in the FF decision that Dan imo.
And Dan is the only UF football coach that's ever had to try to deal with 3 years of a Scamdemic, but let's just gloss over that reality....
Todd Grantham's defense had nothing to do with covid during the 2020 season. Kyle Trask and the entire offense had no problem scoring during covid. 3rd and Grantham's defense was straight garbage and you know it. Or did you?

I was starting to think that all of this drama may cause Lagway to rethink his commitment. And I don't really believe ithere is going to be any top recruits coming to UF in the near future because of all of this.JMO.
Possible. Anything is. Especially with UF's luck. Doubtful though. It just seems that one drama queen recruit and whatever it is keeping him from signing.

Should've just kept the QB that quoted what the artist of a song said.

Well give the cliff notes
Basically, even though everybody is doing it…you can’t use NIL as a pay for play…it has to be like value/service based (i.e. endorsement or social media exposure based). This deal was not. If that turns out to be true, and if there is a deal to expose…(lot of if’s) UF could wind up being the poster-child for inappropriate use of NIL…which is genuinely unfathomable given our situation…that was it in a nutshell…he made some really good and specific points…if you have SiriusXM, sadgator highly recommends checking out hour 2 of College Sports Sunday from today..

Reactions: bradleygator
Well Dopey Dan was the moron that thought Franks was the real deal even after all of his games where the wins were the defense bailing him out and it took a crazy injury to force his hand to permanently go to Trask.
1. Franks is on an NFL roster.

2. There was more to that situation, and anybody who still refuses to acknowledge that just doesn’t want to accept the reality that Dan was actually a pretty good coach.

2. There was more to that situation, and anybody who still refuses to acknowledge that just doesn’t want to accept the reality that Dan was actually a pretty good coach.
Nobody here even noticed Franks is still on an NFL roster and he sure didn't impress anyone when given the opportunity.

Dan may have been a decent play caller, but he was a garbage recruiter as much as he was a disciplinarian. High School coaches and players even stated this about Mullen. If he was such a great coach, to this day he sure as hell didn't get any head coaching offers with the exception of that private school OC position.

You have no idea what kind of offers Mullen received…nor which ones he will receive…

Dan was a much better leader and representative for this University than you give him credit for…

If you can’t see or appreciate that, sadgator feels sorry for you…

sadgator would not bet against Dan head coaching successfully at the D1 level in the near future…

You have no idea what kind of offers Mullen received…nor which ones he will receive…

Dan was a much better leader and representative for this University than you give him credit for…

If you can’t see or appreciate that, sadgator feels sorry for you…

sadgator would not bet against Dan head coaching successfully at the D1 level in the near future…
Mullen would be great at a mid major where recruiting isn't as crucial. Guy can coach offense as well as anyone. Interesting in that Muschamp was an awesome recruiter and coach on the D side of the ball but could never get the offense right, Mullen had the opposite problem.

I could care less if he won an NFL Super Bowl he wasn't good at QB here and Dan had to be forced to make the move. Dan also had a history of wanting to play the more experienced QB even if they weren't as good prior to coming to FL. I will give him he is a good play caller when he has the talent to execute.

Reactions: gatordad3
Basically, even though everybody is doing it…you can’t use NIL as a pay for play…it has to be like value/service based (i.e. endorsement or social media exposure based). This deal was not. If that turns out to be true, and if there is a deal to expose…(lot of if’s) UF could wind up being the poster-child for inappropriate use of NIL…which is genuinely unfathomable given our situation…that was it in a nutshell…he made some really good and specific points…if you have SiriusXM, sadgator highly recommends checking out hour 2 of College Sports Sunday from today..
The No-pay-for-play stuff is ridiculous. Is it just coincidence that all these kids sign with the schools their boosters support?

The interesting thing is that the way the policy is written, a kid could sign and NIL deal with one school’s boosters and go somewhere else, and they technically should still get paid. Otherwise it’s an NCAA violation.

It’s completely unworkable and Rashada is going to be the first of many of these types of situations. It’s amazing it hasn’t happened yet. Of course UF is the first. Smdh.

The No-pay-for-play stuff is ridiculous. Is it just coincidence that all these kids sign with the schools their boosters support?

The interesting thing is that the way the policy is written, a kid could sign and NIL deal with one school’s boosters and go somewhere else, and they technically should still get paid. Otherwise it’s an NCAA violation.

It’s completely unworkable and Rashada is going to be the first of many of these types of situations. It’s amazing it hasn’t happened yet. Of course UF is the first. Smdh.

I don't think its illegal or against any NCAA rule to write the NIL deal where they only get paid if they are at a certain school. Heck one rumor going around is Ruiz at Miami now has penalties in his deals if the kid goes to another school without sitting out besides the payments ending.

I don't think its illegal or against any NCAA rule to write the NIL deal where they only get paid if they are at a certain school. Heck one rumor going around is Ruiz at Miami now has penalties in his deals if the kid goes to another school without sitting out besides the payments ending.
I believe that it is against the rule to say you’re getting paid conditional on playing for a certain school or even playing at all. Ridiculous as that sounds, I think that is the rule. That’s what they’re saying UF might have violated with Rashada.

Given Florida’s academic standing…you’d think we could find some smarter people to run the collective things…

sadgator knows none of these folks, but they seem like knuckleheads…
We may never know what happened. Kid may have decided he wanted more money? Maybe we did back down on original commitment? Could be insta got to him and gave him the scoop on nappy head? Maybe some outside influence? Hence the problem with this NIL crap, too much backroom BS

We may never know what happened. Kid may have decided he wanted more money? Maybe we did back down on original commitment? Could be insta got to him and gave him the scoop on nappy head? Maybe some outside influence? Hence the problem with this NIL crap, too much backroom BS

Insta laying in bed with Trask and Brown, smoking a post sex cigarette: "see boys, daddy will always do you right....always...."

I believe that it is against the rule to say you’re getting paid conditional on playing for a certain school or even playing at all. Ridiculous as that sounds, I think that is the rule. That’s what they’re saying UF might have violated with Rashada.

I think the NCAA says a school can't induce a kid to come there technically like that but don't see any way legally it would hold up to stop these NIL deals that take effect once they are at the school. Big money people are damn sure going to make it where they have to go to their school. If the NCAA tried to truly intervene my guess would be the courts would tell them they can't stop an NIL deal like that.

Knowing our UAA I doubt they would have anything to do with any NIL deal either. If someone at UF was involved that shouldn't be my guess is it would be someone on the coaching staff as our UAA is uptight as hell.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
stan marsh school GIF by South Park

Johnny Football was a good player at aTm.
Stetson was a better player at UGly, without the above players bad baggage.
Brown might have been UF's answer to both, IF he'd been given a real chance at playing....

But nobody knows, because he was never even given a chance, even with a 3-30 bowl fiasco....

If O'Sul, with an already loaded roster doesn't need him for 2023, then hopefully Napier will get him back for Spring ball. Nothing to do now but to wait and see how it all settles out....

Johnny Football was a good player at aTm.
Stetson was a better player at UGly, without the above players bad baggage.
Brown might have been UF's answer to both, IF he'd been given a real chance at playing....

But nobody knows, because he was never even given a chance, even with a 3-30 bowl fiasco....

If O'Sul, with an already loaded roster doesn't need him for 2023, then hopefully Napier will get him back for Spring ball. Nothing to do now but to wait and see how it all settles out....

Whose to say Former Broward County All Star player Kyle Engel isn't ready for a breakout season?

“I think there’s very much a competition for the back-up spot,” said Napier. “I think we’ve seen Kitna do some good things, and we’ve seen Engel do some good things. Max is a little bit behind mentally, obviously being a rookie. Those two will be observed over the next couple days. Both of those guys are really smart, have a good understanding about what we do, and have moved the team. This scrimmage showed that they had the ability to move the team,” said Napier."

• Haha
I think the NCAA says a school can't induce a kid to come there technically like that but don't see any way legally it would hold up to stop these NIL deals that take effect once they are at the school. Big money people are damn sure going to make it where they have to go to their school. If the NCAA tried to truly intervene my guess would be the courts would tell them they can't stop an NIL deal like that.

Knowing our UAA I doubt they would have anything to do with any NIL deal either. If someone at UF was involved that shouldn't be my guess is it would be someone on the coaching staff as our UAA is uptight as hell.
Institutional knowledge…just sayin’…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT