ADVERTISEMENT

Fine if Rashada comes or not

Hoops Observer

Gator Great
Jan 20, 2002
If he doesn’t, go out and get these 3 from the portal and spend the money on them: QB Walker Howard from LSU; Singletary 5* DB UGA and Jax; UGA 6-8 350 4* OT Jacob Hood from Nashville. Katie T already follows all 3 and helped recruit both of them to UGA.

If he doesn’t, go out and get these 3 from the portal and spend the money on them: QB Walker Howard from LSU; Singletary 5* DB UGA and Jax; UGA 6-8 350 4* OT Jacob Hood from Nashville. Katie T already follows all 3 and helped recruit both of them to UGA.

It looks like the portal additions are done unless something with Howard happens the next few hours.

Napier’s Army…

82eb42e2ff6cca0c01bb14722dd45b08.gif

It looks like the portal additions are done unless something with Howard happens the next few hours.
No, not true. If you are in the portal by the deadline, you can continue to be recruited and take visits. Once in the portal, there is no deadline except you must adhere to the institution’s rules. So a prospective portal transfer might have to wait until Summer A to enroll.

No, not true. If you are in the portal by the deadline, you can continue to be recruited and take visits. Once in the portal, there is no deadline except you must adhere to the institution’s rules. So a prospective portal transfer might have to wait until Summer A to enroll.

It's done after today as far as being here for spring practice and unlike last season most of the good ones jumped in early searching for more NIL. My guess as far as the top guys there won't be many post spring ones except a few QBs that get beaten out to be the starter. I am curious to see how many didn't get what they wanted and stay at their school.

It's done after today as far as being here for spring practice and unlike last season most of the good ones jumped in early searching for more NIL. My guess as far as the top guys there won't be many post spring ones except a few QBs that get beaten out to be the starter. I am curious to see how many didn't get what they wanted and stay at their school.

Yeah, the missing spring practice is the big thing - especially if you're looking/wanting someone to come in & start next season. Without spring drills, a new guy would basically only have 2 weeks of preseason practice to learn the offense, get comfortable, win the starting spot...
Rashada, I guess, could still end up at UF even if he's not enrolled by today - if things got worked out next week, for instance. I'd guess that Napier would still take him, even if he doesn't enroll until later (like almost everyone used to do). But it would certainly make it unlikely that he goes into next season as the starter.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Hoops,

You didn't say this, but I am -
Rashada a complete waste; time to move on.

Your plan B - interesting, but I know next to nothing about all three of them. Wonder if we have the space under the 85 player cap.

Billy & Gators have some history with Howard & Singletary.

Only concern is tying up a scholarship on another Transfer QB.

Walker Howard 5* QB

5* CB Jaheim Singletary - before signing with UGA was down to 4 schools - #Clemson #Florida #UGA and #OhioState

https://n.rivals.com/news/five-star-db-jaheim-singletary-talks-upcoming-decision

4* OT Jacob Heard - 6-8, 350 hopefully, he, unlike Waites & Herman, is still fast enough to contain SEC Edge Rushers.

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
There’s an article on the Athletic about Rashada and it sounds like an absolute dumpster fire. Basically what had been reported: collective wrote a check it couldn’t cash; Rashada is gone; gators may be looking at sanctions for trying to save the deal.

For those of you with subscriptions, here are the ugly details.

You can't talk about 5-star Drama Queens, without the word CLUSTER coming up prominently in the discussion.... 🤓

First off, bringing in Miller instead of immediately working with Brown, and now adding Mertz instead of doing more with Brown (he's now off to play baseball), will eventually be BN's downfall, unless he gets a lot luckier than McLame did with Del Rio, Appleby, and Zaire, instead of putting in the time and effort with Trask...

Insanity:
Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.
🙄

Lazy or incompetent coaches will depend on buying 5-stars and/or taking in transfers that someone else has already spent the time with to coach up. That is a road to eventual HC'ing failure imo...

A really good/competent coach will identify a HS QB that fits his program's ideals, and fits his style of offense, and then work with him to get him up to his own top level of leadership and performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff from Jax
You can't talk about 5-star Drama Queens, without the word CLUSTER coming up prominently in the discussion.... 🤓

First off, bringing in Miller instead of immediately working with Brown, and now adding Mertz instead of doing more with Brown (he's now off to play baseball), will eventually be BN's downfall, unless he gets a lot luckier than McLame did with Del Rio, Appleby, and Zaire, instead of putting in the time and effort with Trask...

Insanity:
🙄

Lazy or incompetent coaches will depend on buying 5-stars and/or taking in transfers that someone else has already spent the time with to coach up. That is a road to eventual HC'ing failure imo...

A really good/competent coach will identify a HS QB that fits his program's ideals, and fits his style of offense, and then work with him to get him up to his own top level of leadership and performance.
Keyvone Lee. Penn St RB enters portal. UF once wanted him. Tampa Bay Area. Over 1000yds and 6 TDs at PS in 3 years.

Insanity:
🙄

Portal QBs can get your program back on the competitive track as proven this year at several schools (LSU, Tenn), but to win a natty I agree you need the home grown recruited kid.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Country,

Unless your UF - where a transfer QB has never had a winning season.
My memory stinks, who was our last transfer QB that was a starter for an entire season? Richardson, Jones, Trask, Franks were our last 4 starting QBs and I believe they were all recruited...can't remember past that..

My memory stinks, who was our last transfer QB that was a starter for an entire season? Richardson, Jones, Trask, Franks were our last 4 starting QBs and I believe they were all recruited...can't remember past that..

Probably Del Rio that one year but he missed games due to injuries.

Gators acting like Rashada not coming isn't a big deal is like Noles with Travis Hunter. ...it's all B.S. Both are huge kicks to the nads.
Nope. Since day one my gut wasn't big on Rashada and then his garbage showing in UA game made me even more, "ehh". No biggie to me if he's not a Gator as he never wowed me with the "it factor". Now, Lagway gives me good feels and give me more instincts feels that he's the truth at QB.

Country,

Think you are right - no transfer was good enough to start for entire season.

I originally wanted to say no transfer QB ever won a game, but figured that one of them won at least one game & didn't want Insta or Paco to call me out on it ! LOL

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Country,

Think you are right - no transfer was good enough to start for entire season.

I originally wanted to say no transfer QB ever won a game, but figured that one of them won at least one game & didn't want Insta or Paco to call me out on it ! LOL

Del Rio was 5-1 as a starter in 2016 with a win against Georgia it looks like when not injured.

Article actually says “penalties” not sanctions. Says Rashada has been interviewed by the NCAA.
Listened to Tom Luginbill talking about this specific issue this morning on ESPNU radio.

IF some of the things being reported are true regarding the contract promised to Rashada, there could be some very real NCAA consequences to Florida related to this…as amazing as that sounds…

His breakdown was pretty insightful…

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
Yeah, the missing spring practice is the big thing - especially if you're looking/wanting someone to come in & start next season. Without spring drills, a new guy would basically only have 2 weeks of preseason practice to learn the offense, get comfortable, win the starting spot...
Rashada, I guess, could still end up at UF even if he's not enrolled by today - if things got worked out next week, for instance. I'd guess that Napier would still take him, even if he doesn't enroll until later (like almost everyone used to do). But it would certainly make it unlikely that he goes into next season as the starter.
Was he the projected starter anyway? Thought that's why the brought in the Badger guy. To gate keep the starting QB spot until Rashada learned everything?

Insanity:
🙄

^^^I mean damn. Insta has a point.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Listened to Tom Luginbill talking about this specific issue this morning on ESPNU radio.

IF some of the things being reported are true regarding the contract promised to Rashada, there could be some very real NCAA consequences to Florida related to this…as amazing as that sounds…

Well give the cliff notes

• Haha

I think these people are pushing this story just because the Orlando Sentinel guy ran with that crap without seeing an actual legal contract signed by the actual money people.

I will admit I am 100% wrong later but I think Rashada's agents were trying to almost extort us at the end with all this BS to get a higher real number or a big chunk up front.

I will be shocked if there is any legal valid contract with Rashada guaranteeing him anything from our rich boosters.

At most a drunk Rojas proposed mess he wasn't the final authority on and made some joke proposal.

The planted story even says Rashada was notified well before signing day whatever NIL deal that was talked about was now off the table yet he still signs, says nothing and then creates this circus at enrollment time.

The whole damn thing sounds like his idiot NIL reps are using him to try and create higher value in the NIL market for future QBs or something.

Even that crook Ruiz was laughing about that 13 million figure saying that isn't even in the ballpark of a high school player like him and their NIL value.

I hope he ends up at CO as that is where he probably would fit in with McClain.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Portal QBs can get your program back on the competitive track as proven this year at several schools (LSU, Tenn), but to win a natty I agree you need the home grown recruited kid.
There are a few exceptions but not rules. Coker won one at Bama(Treon Harris could have won 1 with that roster) and Joe Burrow at LSU.

Justin Fields was impressive as were Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Jalen Hurts, Caleb Williams, and a few more.

Right now we suck. A natty in the next year or two isn't on the horizon.

Yes we need to bring up our own QB but we aren't in the position to reject any talent.

I'm almost like just give the keys to Max Brown and see what happens but he joined the baseball team and may stick that route.

There are a few exceptions but not rules. Coker won one at Bama(Treon Harris could have won 1 with that roster) and Joe Burrow at LSU.

Justin Fields was impressive as were Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Jalen Hurts, Caleb Williams, and a few more.

Right now we suck. A natty in the next year or two isn't on the horizon.

Yes we need to bring up our own QB but we aren't in the position to reject any talent.

I'm almost like just give the keys to Max Brown and see what happens but he joined the baseball team and may stick that route.

Yep and if you brought in a good portal QB to a loaded team everywhere but QB of course he could win a championship. Georgia would have been the favorite with any of the top QBs there. Bama did show if you slip enough overall a top QB isn't always going to get you a 1 loss regular season though but it was the first time in years for them that happened I think.

I think these people are pushing this story just because the Orlando Sentinel guy ran with that crap without seeing an actual legal contract signed by the actual money people.

I will admit I am 100% wrong later but I think Rashada's agents were trying to almost extort us at the end with all this BS to get a higher real number or a big chunk up front.

I will be shocked if there is any legal valid contract with Rashada guaranteeing him anything from our rich boosters.

At most a drunk Rojas proposed mess he wasn't the final authority on and made some joke proposal.

The planted story even says Rashada was notified well before signing day whatever NIL deal that was talked about was now off the table yet he still signs, says nothing and then creates this circus at enrollment time.

The whole damn thing sounds like his idiot NIL reps are using him to try and create higher value in the NIL market for future QBs or something.

Even that crook Ruiz was laughing about that 13 million figure saying that isn't even in the ballpark of a high school player like him and their NIL value.

I hope he ends up at CO as that is where he probably would fit in with McClain.
At this point, I don't even want the dude. I really don't.

Where is Carson Pecker at this point? He projected to start for the Dawgs next season? If not he want to come here and start or hold that clipboard and collect rings for the Dawgs? 😂

• Haha
1. AR-15 came into the 22 season as a much hyped Heisman hopeful.
2. With BN's help, he ended the season as a 6-6 after-thought.....
3. 3-30 Bowl Miller showed us what BN can accomplish with his prime xfer QB.
4. BN brings in his 2nd xfer QB, Meertz, so now Brown is with O'Sul with no Spring practice or O&B game on his horizon....
5. Rashada is now a total boondoggle (CLUSTER), so BN's answer is to look for yet another (3rd) xfer QB....
6. Anyone taking odds on 24 Lagway staying committed???

Yep, Dan is out there somewhere counting his Millions,,, and LHFAO.....
😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
1. AR-15 came into thek 22 season as a much hyped Heisman hopeful.
2. With BN's help, he ended the season as a 6-6 after-thought.....
3. 3-30 Bowl Miller showed us what BN can accomplish with his prime xfer QB.
4. BN brings in his 2nd xfer QB, Meertz, so now Brown is with O'Sul with no Spring practice or O&B game on is horizon....
5. Rashada is now a total boondoggle (CLUSTER), so BN's answer is to look for yet another (3rd) xfer QB....
6. Anyone taking odds on 24 Lagway staying committed???

Yep, Dan is out there somewhere counting his Millions,,, and LHFAO.....
😂

Well Dopey Dan was the moron that thought Franks was the real deal even after all of his games where the wins were the defense bailing him out and it took a crazy injury to force his hand to permanently go to Trask.

Reactions: gatordad3
Politics was more in the FF decision that Dan imo.
And Dan is the only UF football coach that's ever had to try to deal with 3 years of a Scamdemic, but let's just gloss over that reality....

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT