ADVERTISEMENT

Feds are (finally) turning MAGA threats made to elections officials into maximum jail time

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2021
trumpanzees continue to try to intimidate thru violence

https://www.yahoo.com/news/feds-finally-turning-maga-threats-151243771.html
Feds are (finally) turning MAGA threats made to elections officials into maximum jail time
EJ Montini, Arizona Republic
Thu, August 18, 2022 at 11:12 AM·4 min read

6qqxcb.jpg

Arizona Seretary of State Katie Hobbs and Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer, each of whom, like other elections officials,
have received threats from individuals duped into believing the Big Lie about a stolen election.

It’s about time.

Hell, it’s past time. By a lot.

One of the conspiracy-infused MAGA idiots who thought it was OK to threaten Maricopa County election officials has been indicted with one count of communicating an interstate threat and one count of making a threatening telephone call against county Recorder Stephen Richer, offenses that could – and hopefully will – get the dope five years in the slammer.

The suspect is 50-year-old Walter Lee Hoornstra of Tecumseh, Mo., a guy with no real connection to Arizona who allowed himself to be brainwashed about election fraud by political scam artists pushing the Big Lie, and who now may wind up paying for it behind bars.

Thousands more await prosecution​

In a statement, Kenneth A. Polite Jr., assistant attorney general for the Department of Justice’s criminal division, said, “These unlawful threats of violence endanger election officials, undermine our electoral process, and threaten our democracy.

“The department’s Election Threats Task Force, working with our partners across the country, remains committed to investigating and prosecuting such illegal threats to ensure that these public servants are able to do their jobs free from intimidation.”

For that to happen, the DOJ is going to have to be a LOT more aggressive with prosecutions because Richer and other election officials, like Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs, as well as officials in just about every state, have received thousands of threats.

No exaggeration.

Thousands.

They were spurred by Donald Trump's lies​

In a Twitter thread Richer said in part, “Thanks to @FBI for acting on this one. Very meaningful. Unfortunately, I have PLENTY more to keep them busy. And, even worse, so too do some of the non-public facing members of @RecordersOffice and @MaricopaVote … violent threats and actions continue to be normalized, or at least swept under the rug, by many ‘leaders’ in society. Anyone who says ‘oh, but it was just a few of them’ or ‘oh, but they’re normally good people’ is contributing to this chilling effect and mob mentality.”

The threat to Richer that drew an indictment came during the sham audit of Maricopa County ballots ordered by Arizona Senate President Karen Fann. Richer lays the trouble at her feet, telling The Arizona Mirror, “This voice message and every other one I received in mid-May is 100% Karen Fann’s doing. She authorized morons (to run the ‘audit’), exercised zero oversight and absolved herself of any responsibility.”

More trouble: Cyber Ninjas CEO faces criminal probe in Michigan

The Big Lie started with Donald Trump and it roared down like Niagara Falls on every Republican politician, some of whom spread the false claim of election tampering because they wanted to believe it, others simply because they were (and still are) afraid of Trump and what he can do to their political careers.

Liars or cowards. Or both.

And in spreading the falsehood they put Richer and other dedicated public servants in the crosshairs of Trump’s most unstable cultists.

Bomb threats and promised gallows​

About a month ago the FBI arrested a conspiracy kook from Massachusetts who threatened to explode a bomb in Katie Hobbs’ “personal space” if she did not resign.

Again, the suspect, James W. Clark is from Falmouth, Mass., a long, long way from here, but within range of right wing media where he, like so many others, was indoctrinated by purveyors of the Big Lie who act in concert with their Dear Leader.

Now this guy is facing 10 years for the bomb threat and more jail time for other charges.

Hobbs’ spokeswoman Murphy Hebert spoke about the many, varied threats their office had received by phone, on social media and by email.

She said, “Hanging is something we hear a lot, that you should be hanged. That seems to be a favorite.”

We punish the puppets, not their masters​

Lies have consequences, though not often enough for those who spread them.

Republicans running for the three top jobs in Arizona government continue to spread the Big Lie about the 2020 election. They try to wash their hands of any threats or any violence that may come from those who fall for the cock-and-bull story of a stolen election.

And the law can’t stop them. Which is too bad.

Law enforcement can, and should, come down hard on those who threaten public officials.

But in the case of those who’ve been duped into believing the Big Lie, it’s a little like punishing the dummies and not the ventriloquists.

Last edited:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-candidate-florida-house-booted-050149750.html
GOP candidate for Florida House is booted from Twitter after post about shooting federal agents

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-pRsYjHcQezWbaY63.jpg

A Republican candidate seeking a House seat in the Florida Legislature had his Twitter account yanked this week after a post about violence against federal agents.

Luis Miguel, who's running in Florida's House District 20, said on Twitter that under his plan, federal agents could be shot on sight in the state. He told the website Florida Politics that Twitter had notified him that his account had been permanently suspended, which he later confirmed to NBC News on Friday.

A Twitter spokesperson said the account is permanently suspended for violating the company's hateful conduct policy.

Miguel confirmed to NBC News that his tweet on Thursday said: “Under my plan, all Floridians will have permission to shoot FBI, IRS, ATF and all other feds on sight! Let freedom ring!”

The post comes amid increased threats to the FBI after agents executed a search warrant at former President Donald Trump’s estate in Florida. Last week, an armed man attacked an FBI field office in Cincinnati and was fatally shot by law enforcement.

On Friday, two top congressional Democrats on the House Oversight Committee sent letters to social media companies about “a flood of violent threats on social media” that pose a danger to law enforcement.

“We urge you to take immediate action to address any threats of violence against law enforcement that appear on your company’s platforms,” wrote committee chair Carolyn Maloney of New York and Rep. Stephen Lynch of Massachusetts, who leads the subcommittee on national security.

The letters — sent to Meta, Twitter, TikTok, Truth Social, Rumble, Gettr, Telegram and Gab — also requested information about how social media companies are responding to the threats.

In speaking to NBC News, Miguel insisted he was not endorsing violence.

“I am in no way advocating any kind of vigilante, extra-judicial, illegal or other form of violence against federal officers,” he said.

Miguel argued that his tweet was referring to planned legislation that would require federal agencies to have permission from Florida to operate in the state, and that people could protect themselves against threats to their lives or property.

He said he found out about the Twitter suspension Friday morning when he checked his account, and that he has filed an appeal with the social media company.

Earlier Friday, Miguel defended the tweet in an interview with Florida Politics, saying what he wrote was justified because the IRS has been “weaponized by dissident forces” — an apparent reference to misleading characterizations by some Republicans that the tax agency is assembling an armed force of 80,000 agents to target average Americans.

Miguel also said that Instagram deleted a similar post Friday. By Friday night it appeared as though the account was removed.

A representative of Meta, the parent company of Instagram and Facebook, said Friday that both his Instagram and Facebook accounts had been removed for "repeated violations of our policies."

Miguel is on the ballot in Tuesday's primary along with state Rep. Bobby Payne, another Republican. They are the only two candidates, according to the Florida Department of State.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/body-bag-sarasota-candidate-says-132727227.html
'In a body bag': Sarasota candidate says he'd kill FBI agents if they tried to search home
Zac Anderson, Sarasota Herald-Tribune
Sun, August 21, 2022 at 11:56 AM·3 min read

6qqsw7.jpg

A Sarasota candidate for Congress says he would have killed the FBI agents who searched former President Donald Trump's property if they tried to do the same thing to his home.

"I wish they'd turn up at my home 'cause they'd have gone home in a body bag," Sarasota businessman Martin Hyde says in a new video.

Hyde is a Republican running for Congress against U.S. Rep. Vern Buchanan, R-Longboat Key. He has been a magnet for controversy, with his campaign imploding after he was caught on camera in February berating a Sarasota police officer and threatening her job during a traffic stop.

It appeared Hyde might drop out of the race, but he paid the qualifying fee and has remained a candidate. His campaign hasn't attracted much attention since then until now, when Hyde put out the inflammatory video in the closing stretch of the Aug. 23 primary.

Hyde seizes on GOP outrage over the search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago property in the video.

"When they turned up at Mar-a-Lago and raided the home of President Trump, that was an assault on every one of the 75 million people who voted for Donald Trump, it was a assault on democracy," Hyde says as the video shows images of police officers, Mar-a-Lago and Trump supporters. "These people would stop at nothing. I wish they'd turn up at my home 'cause they'd have gone home in a body bag."

The video is deliberately provocative and appears to be a long-shot effort to attract attention and revive a campaign that is struggling to gain traction. Hyde has tried to challenge the eight-term Buchanan from the right by criticizing him on issues such as gun rights, but has raised little money and is an underdog in the race.

Hyde defended his comments in a text message to the Herald-Tribune.

"The FBI starts acting for a politically motivated (Department of Justice) they are more acting like tyrants and that's why we have the Second Amendment," Hyde said.

Hyde also seemed to confirm that he is being provocative to get media attention.

"Did you even consider I might be using hyperbole and rhetoric because I know how susceptible you are to it?" Hyde said. "No point in spending money on mailers when you'll print my name for free."

Hyde and Buchanan both live in Sarasota County but are running in congressional District 16, which includes all of Manatee County and a portion of Hillsborough County.

Hyde isn't the only Florida GOP candidate who has talked about killing FBI agents.

St. Augustine resident Luis Miguel, a candidate for state House District 20, was banned from Twitter this week after tweeting that “Under my plan, all Floridians will have permission to shoot FBI, IRS, ATF and all other feds ON SIGHT. Let freedom ring.”

i have to hand it to Ray, he knows how to drown the opponents in paper!!! WELL DONE> the grievance girls have trouble reading, give them some time to respond...

• Haha
Reactions: RayGravesGhost
trumpanzees never change...they can't read and they're allergic to facts....

They love to post their unfounded opinions which are easily destroyed and then complain about cutting & pasting making them look dumb

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988
With you...the cutting & pasting isn't required to make you look dumb

You're naturally stupid...just add water & mix

Facts according to CNN, Vanity Fair and MSNBC.
Weak. So the people in the articles haven’t threatened the FBI and election officials?

Your willful ignorance continues to disappoint. You continue to turn your back on crimes just because of your partisan feelings. It’s sad, really.

Weak. So the people in the articles haven’t threatened the FBI and election officials?

Your willful ignorance continues to disappoint. You continue to turn your back on crimes just because of your partisan feelings. It’s sad, really.
If it’s a crime to question election integrity, why aren’t the DOJ and FBI investigating the 2016 naysayers?

What articles? I barely look at his posts...especially the longcat-esque variety.

So I turned my back on his post.

PS...it breaks my heart to disappoint you btw. 😂

What articles? I barely look at his posts...especially the longcat-esque variety.

So I turned my back on his post.

PS...it breaks my heart to disappoint you btw. 😂
We’ll then you shouldn’t comment. But the same old shoot the messenger response is just lame.

If you don’t care that people are attacking the FBI and election officials, just say so.

If it’s a crime to question election integrity, why aren’t the DOJ and FBI investigating the 2016 naysayers?
Simple answer.

It’s not a crime to question election integrity. It IS a crime to harass and threaten violence to individuals.

See the difference?

In your opinion, reported threats shouldn't be investigated?

So I guess you're also against DeSantis's election police which operates on the same tips reported by the public about election integrity.... :rolleyes:

Time for an update of the Whitmer case... 2 acquitted, 2 pled guilty, 2 convicted

4 of the 6 will be serving jail time.., these 2 are facing life

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/23/politics/michigan-whitmer-verdict/index.html
Jury convicts two men of conspiring to kidnap Michigan governor
By Lauren del Valle, CNN
Updated 1:04 PM ET, Tue August 23, 2022

A federal jury on Tuesday found two men guilty of conspiring to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer in 2020.

Adam Fox and Barry Croft face a maximum sentence of life in prison for the kidnapping conspiracy conviction. They were also convicted of one count of conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction.

Their first trial ended in a mistrial.

Prosecutors allege that Fox was the ringleader of a plot to kidnap the Democratic governor from her summer home and Croft was a part of the plan and practiced detonating explosives in preparation.

"There are a lot of things that are complicated today. There's one thing that's pretty simple still - kidnapping is wrong. You can't just strap on an AR-15 and body armor and go snatch the governor. You can't snatch anybody, and you certainly can't make bombs that are meant to maim and kill people. And this case is about a plot to abduct Gov. Whitmer. But that wasn't these defendants ultimate goal," Prosecutor Nils Kessler said during closing arguments Monday morning.

"They wanted to set off a second American Civil War and the second American Revolution," Kessler said.

Defense attorneys maintained an entrapment defense, arguing that the FBI coerced the defendants to drive the plot forward through a collection of undercover agents and confidential informants.

Fox's attorney told jurors during closing arguments that he was lured into the scheme by the government's key witness, a confidential informant called "Big Dan."
"Adam Fox was not ever predisposed to the crime of kidnapping Gov. Whitmer. He talked a big game but talk is just talk. Adam Fox took no affirmative steps to achieve the ends as Special Agent Chambers and Big Dan pushed so hard to achieve," Fox's attorney Christopher Gibbons said.

An attorney for Croft told the jury Monday that FBI agents lied on the stand about Croft's participation in an effort to nab him for any crime they could because of his years-long record of extreme anti-government internet chatter.

"Now as we sat here the last couple of weeks together in the trial, the government has shown us time and time again that they don't care that Barry Croft didn't actually make an agreement to kidnap the governor. They think it's enough that some of the things that Barry says scares them," Croft's attorney Joshua Blanchard said in court. "They'd like to lock him up in a cage, not because he committed this crime, but because they're afraid of the things that have come out of his mouth."

Neither defendant testified in their own defense.

A federal judge declared a mistrial over a hung jury in the first trial for Fox and Croft earlier this year. Two other men acquitted in the first trial, Brandon Caserta and Daniel Harris, ultimately did not testify in the defense case despite being subpoenaed by the defense.

Two other co-defendants that pleaded guilty before the first trial, Ty Garbin and Kaleb Franks, testified in both trials.

Croft was also convicted Tuesday on an additional weapons possession charge.
David Porter, assistant special agent in charge with the FBI Detroit Field Office, said the verdict is a "clear example" that anti-government views do not justify violence.

"Here in America, if you disagree with your government, you have options. You can criticize your government, you can protest, you can vote your elected officials out of office," Porter told reporters outside the courthouse. "However, what you cannot do is plan or commit acts of violence. Violence is never the answer."

We’ll then you shouldn’t comment. But the same old shoot the messenger response is just lame.

I'll comment if I like if you don't mind. I read enough of his blather prior to realizing it was a complete waste of time.

To be clear, it's his fault, not mine, that I find his garbage unworthy of reading. He earned his reputation.

If you don’t care that people are attacking the FBI and election officials, just say so.

Excellent attempt at reframing what I said. Since that isn't what I said, here's my reply....

Derp.

I'll comment if I like if you don't mind. I read enough of his blather prior to realizing it was a complete waste of time.

To be clear, it's his fault, not mine, that I find his garbage unworthy of reading. He earned his reputation.

Excellent attempt at reframing what I said. Since that isn't what I said, here's my reply....

Derp.
You didn’t read it because it makes you uncomfortable knowing you side with people who suggest attacking our Federal LEOs.

Shame shame.

You didn’t read it because it makes you uncomfortable knowing you side with people who suggest attacking our Federal LEOs.

Shame shame.

I didn't read it because I'd already wasted too much time reading his other longcat cut and paste novels.

And since I didn't read it, I have no idea if the subject matter was people attacking federal leo's...genius.

To date, I haven't read where anyone on this board said that we should attack fed leo's. If they have, they're wrong.

BTW, the ticket you voted for, the VP supported those who did exactly what you're lecturing me about. "They will not stop, they should not stop"...as people maliciously attacked fed officers, causing serious harm to them, while trying to burn federal buildings.

And you voted for her. Shame, shame.

I didn't read it because I'd already wasted too much time reading his other longcat cut and paste novels.

And since I didn't read it, I have no idea if the subject matter was people attacking federal leo's...genius.

To date, I haven't read where anyone on this board said that we should attack fed leo's. If they have, they're wrong.

BTW, the ticket you voted for, the VP supported those who did exactly what you're lecturing me about. "They will not stop, they should not stop"...as people maliciously attacked fed officers, causing serious harm to them, while trying to burn federal buildings.

And you voted for her. Shame, shame.
I didn’t vote for the VP. In fact, I’ve never voted for the VP.

And yes, we know you won’t take the time to read anything that shows how your and others rhetoric is leading to attacks on LEOs, election officials, etc. You would rather keep your head in the sand. You could condemn it, but you’d rather just ignore it to keep your standing the crew.

And I’m not the one who said that LEOs have been weaponized. That was you. For shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayGravesGhost

And yes, we know you won’t take the time to read anything that shows how your and others rhetoric is leading to attacks on LEOs, election officials, etc. You would rather keep your head in the sand. You could condemn it, but you’d rather just ignore it to keep your standing the crew.

And I’m not the one who said that LEOs have been weaponized. That was you. For shame.
Yes you did, son. You cannot back track now..you voted for the worst president in our history...that just happened to pick the worst VP in our history...we call her "less than 1% spread eagle". That is her Indian name.

• Love
Reactions: BamaFan1137

You absolutely did. Shame on you. Her heroes even caused some LEO's to lose vision due to the high powered lasers being purposely pointed in their eyes. Others received concussions from being hit in the head with heavy or blunt objects. Still others were burned, chemically or otherwise, cut and shot at. That's YOUR girl. You helped put her where she is. Own it.

No one with a job has the time to read his non-stop cut and paste novels. Maybe that explains how you've found the time?

False. Let's see if you can correct your own mistake or if you will have to depend on me to spoonfeed you the answer.

Furthermore, until you apologize for supporting Kamala to all the people she helped hurt, you have no place lecturing anyone on the subject.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT