ADVERTISEMENT

Fact or Fiction question

Fact..... He is the only QB with experience on the roster and Dan has shown through out his career to go with experience, especially early. Does he keep it through out the yr? Depends on how he performs but the Gators offense should be ok because you know Dan will scheme it well.

Reactions: gatordad3
Fact...providing he performs at a level that meets (or exceeds) expectations. There will be strong competition I believe from Anthony Richardson. He will get playing time especially the first couple of games. It’s I good problem to have lots of talent in the QB room.

Reactions: ih8f$u
Fact..... He is the only QB with experience on the roster and Dan has shown through out his career to go with experience, especially early. Does he keep it through out the yr? Depends on how he performs but the Gators offense should be ok because you know Dan will scheme it well.
ARich has game experience but nothing close to Emory.

Fact or Fiction only and explain answer

Emory Jones will win the Florida QB outright.
The coach with his statements has pretty much already said he is the starting QB. With Mullen the younger guy would have to clearly be better to start them. Its how Franks was named the starter his last year at Florida. I do think Jones will be a good QB however.

Fiction (Long-Term). Jones is extremely overrated by most fans and media and has not demonstrated that he possesses the skills needed to be a long-term starter in the opportunities he has had thus far.

He will likely begin the year as the starter, but he will be replaced by the end of the 2021 season.
I agree with this. I’ve been in AR’s corner for awhile now.

Jones will get every chance to be THE guy. He is more of the style that Dan Mullen likes than QB's he's had to work with since he came back to Gainesville. However, Anthony Richardson seems to be exactly the type of QB Mullen loves. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Jones will get every chance to be THE guy. He is more of the style that Dan Mullen likes than QB's he's had to work with since he came back to Gainesville. However, Anthony Richardson seems to be exactly the type of QB Mullen loves. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
They will both play but Jones will tear it up, we'll see Richardson on the field this year

Going by what Dan said at the end of Spring.

Emory will start, but Anthony will play.
How they play will determine who ends the season as the starter.
Injuries could play a role in that, which makes the Del Rio Wilson vs Kitna competition important.
They all still have months to work with the receivers and to study the play book.

Reactions: GatorNation79
There will be calls for AR but he's untested and unproven.
The BS-C911 is always the dimmest bulb in the box.

2019 Elite 11 finalist and won the distance throw competition with a 70+ yard throw…

He finished his 4-year varsity career at Eastside with 4,633 passing yards and 37 TD's, along with 1,633 rushing yards and 41 TD's… -- Combined = 6,266 Yds, 79 TD's.

2020: Appeared in 4 games and retains his redshirt...
Played against Missouri, carrying the ball 3 times for 15 yards, 5 YPC (getting his feet wet)
On the season he totaled 61 yards on 7 carries 8.7 YPC....
He also threw a 27 Yard TD pass vs OK in the Cotton Bowl...

So, while he's certainly not a finished product yet, he's also nowhere near 'Untested & Unproven.

The BS-C911 is always the dimmest bulb in the box.

2019 Elite 11 finalist and won the distance throw competition with a 70+ yard throw…
He finished his 4-year varsity career at Eastside with 4,633 passing yards and 37 TD's, along with 1,633 rushing yards and 41 TD's… -- Combined = 6,266 Yds, 79 TD's.

2020: Appeared in 4 games and retains his redshirt...
Played against Missouri, carrying the ball 3 times for 15 yards, 5 YPC (getting his feet wet)
On the season he totaled 61 yards on 7 carries 8.7 YPC....
He also threw a 27 Yard TD pass vs OK in the Cotton Bowl...

So, while he's certainly not a finished product yet, he's also nowhere near 'Untested & Unproven.

Just as Kyle Trask is untested and unproven at the NFL level, Anthony Richardson is untested and unproven at the collegiate level.

If you disagree, please post the tests that have been taken and the proof that has been given by AR at UF. Spring games and scrimmages do not count.

We've seen more of Emory than Anthony and while both are more in line with the style of offense Mullen likes to run, the little I've seen of Richardson makes me think of Cam Newton. Jones' passing so far has been erratic. Time will tell and I'm sure Jones will be the starter. But long term, Richardson could be the man. We'll see.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
We've seen more of Emory than Anthony and while both are more in line with the style of offense Mullen likes to run, the little I've seen of Richardson makes me think of Cam Newton. Jones' passing so far has been erratic. Time will tell and I'm sure Jones will be the starter. But long term, Richardson could be the man. We'll see.

Not sure what to think right now but I think Jones will improve quite a bit with some time under center. Richardson seemed pretty composed when he was playing garbage time against Oklahoma.

I wonder how quick Mullen would be to make a change to see what would happen if we were really struggling against Bama at home. Hopefully the game doesn't play out that way but if it did it would be interesting to see how Richardson played if he was in for more than a few plays.

Not sure what to think right now but I think Jones will improve quite a bit with some time under center. Richardson seemed pretty composed when he was playing garbage time against Oklahoma.

I wonder how quick Mullen would be to make a change to see what would happen if we were really struggling against Bama at home. Hopefully the game doesn't play out that way but if it did it would be interesting to see how Richardson played if he was in for more than a few plays.
What if we kick Bama's arse with Emory but he struggles in a later game?

If we beat Bama with Jones I think Richardson won't be playing a lot short of Jones getting injured.

If we are going to beat Bama, Jones has to do it.

Bama isn't Kentucky, we won't be able to rally from three scores down in the 4th quarter. And if Jones is playing so poorly he has to be replaced, we will be more than 3 scores down. Even though Bama loses their entire offense, the new starters will be more than capable of running over a Grantham-led defense. To have a chance we need to be effective on offense; moving the chains, holding onto the ball, and scoring touchdowns. Only Jones will have sufficient command of the offense to be able to do that.

Well, no, there is one possibility. Richardson would need all the snaps during fall camp and starting both the games to be close to ready for Bama, and that only happens if something unfortunate happens to Jones. Not wishing anything on anybody, just giving the only scenario I see that would give us enough lead time to have AR prepared for Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT