ADVERTISEMENT

Football EXCLUSIVE: SEC Network's Hutson Mason breaks down Kyle Trask + Emory Jones

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018
BREAKDOWN: https://florida.rivals.com/news/exc...tson-mason-breaks-down-kyle-trask-emory-jones

Former Georgia signal-caller, Hutson Mason, was scheduled to call the Orange and Blue Game for SEC Network, but those plans were obviously cancelled; however, that doesn't mean all coverage is lost.

Mason teamed up with GatorsTerritory with for this exclusive, in-depth video breakdown (40+ minutes of 2019 film) of Florida's duo under center and what really stands out on tape.

MIA_1281FloridavsVirginia123019.JPG

Reactions: GatorNation79
First observation.....Trask is going to miss Jefferson.

Receivers come and go from UF every season. :cool:
Trask will still have plenty of quality receivers to throw to in 2020.

All of these but Jefferson return, plus many others that got some playing time.
There are also 3 rsFr and 3-4 Fr and maybe 1 5-star xfer (waiver?) to work in.
No worries imo.... o_O

TE/WR Pitts 54 - 5 TD's

WR Jefferson 49 - 6 TD's

WR Grimes 33 - 3 TD's

WR Copeland 21 - 2 TD's

WR Toney 10 - 1 TD (injured, only limited play in 7 Gm's)

RB Malik 6 (playing at #3 RB)

That group of returning receivers had 124 receptions with 11 TD's.

Just a little peak of 2 of the freshman FNG's...

Both were tough and talented enough to play both way in HS.

Jaquavion Fraziars 6-4 205

Xavier Henderson 6-3 180

I think we are WAY better off going into 2020 at WR than UGLY was heading into 2019 when they had lost their starting 4 receivers from the year previously. They ended up with Cager as the only guy who could catch the ball all season long, but damn did he make us hurt for it too. He's gone and they have zero guys that emerged in 2019 to assist him. We at least have Kyle Pitts, the nation's #1 receiving TE (arguably but I'll take this argument on easily all day) and Jacob Copeland got his catches as a Freshman DESPITE the fact we had 4 senior WR's 3 of which ended up in the NFL draft and the 4th was free agented. Copelands GOT to be good if he found playing time last year in any measure. Throw in Trevon Grimes who probably could have stood along side the 4 seniors just as easily, and I think Kyle Trask will have enough targets. Especially if we get something to pan out from the incoming Freshmen.

The ONLY place I see any real concern there is the fact we lost Perine. He was without any doubt the SEC's #1 dump off guy and we don't know how well Pierce or any of the other RBs we will have to rely upon this year are at catching passes. It seems to me that you really need to have that skill to work well in Dan Mullen's offense as the back and that is literally the only unproven spot we have in my mind. I can't possibly see the offensive line actually getting WORSE in 2020 considering 4 starters return and there are many backups in the wings who have gotten bigger and stronger and might slide into starters spots.

I'll worry more about 2021 than anything as we will lose Kyle Pitts, Trevon Grimes, and Kyle Trask. That will be a major rebuilding year on offense even though Emory Jones will be about as good as we're ever going to see with him. That said, I don't believe Georgia returns a single starter on offense from last year, but considering how 2019 was for them, that's probably a good thing.

Lamical was such a solid and dependable receiver that they didn't throw to the others much in 2020. BTW - This also applies to the 3 Fr WR's that will be rsFr for 2020 .

RB Malik Davis is a decent receiver. Staying healthy is the key for him.
And Pierce, Iverson, and Wright can all catch the ball out of the backfield.

Perine - 40 for 262 yds, 6.55 yds/rec, 5 TD's.
Davis --- 6 for 41 yds, 7.33 yds/rec
Pierce - 4 for 30 yds, 7,.50 yds/rec
Wright - 1 for 4 yds
Iverson - also a backup FS, had a 41 yd run, opportunities are coming....

Plus there are a couple of 5-star possibilities that might be joining the Gator backfield.

And it's not just the WR position either... :cool:

Dan's method on offense is NOT a one pony show, at any position. o_O
QB - 2 returning with playing experience...
RB - 4 returning ' ' ' '
TE - 5 ' ' ' ' '
WR - 7 ' ' ' '
OL - 12 ' ' '
Now add in the xfers coming in and the #8 247-Composite recruiting class.
No worries mates.... ;)

UF Top 7 receivers kept these guys mostly off the field in 2019.
With 4 Sr WR's and 1 Sr RB gone, look for them to shine in 2020.
In no particular order:

WR Trent Whittemore 6-3 192 rsFr - 2 Gms
He played FS, CB, WR, and QB when the starting QB was injured.
He started on varsity as a 9th grader. His 4 year HS Stats:
WR - 93 for 1,374 yds, 17 TD's.
QB Passing - 1,026 yds, 12 TD's
FS-CB - 196 Tkls, 7 TFL, 28 PBU, 7 Ints, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 Blk-FG.
~ He also led his HS B-Ball team in scoring as Soph with 19.9 PPG...
Yale, among others, offered him....

WR Dionte Marks 6-2 178 4.4/40 rsFr - 2 Gms
HS Sr - 45 for 964 yds, 21.4 yds/rec, 11 TD's - to FL 8A Playoffs.
He attended the 2018 U.S. Army National Underclassmen Combine in San Antonio, Tx. There he had a standing broad jump of 11' 3" that put him beyond the measuring board. :eek:
He was also a sprinter and long jumper for his HS track team.

WR/ST's Ja'Markis Weston 6-3 217 rsFr - 3 Gms (also DE in HS)
An under-the-radar small HS recruit (Clewiston) that Dan is very high on.
TN, UK, UL, PSU, UCF among others offered him.
==========

PS

RB Nayquan Wright 5-9 195 rsFr - 3 Gms
He can also catch the ball.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT