ADVERTISEMENT

Even the Woke Florida Alligator thinks Mike White must Go

That hit on a lot of the main points about White.

It would be nice if someone took him off our hands but we are stuck with him for another season most likely. Forgot about him almost giving that lead up with his nonsense in that one tournament.

I am hoping Ole Miss isn't any good next season and reach out to him just in case he pulls another season like this one.

I sure hope when, not if, when that time comes, Stricklin does not have Ben Howland on his mind to replace White. I believe Stricklin actually hired Howland to be the Miss St coach.
I'm starting to like Andy Enfield at USC more and more. His FGCU team was fun to watch back in 2013.

I would have loved to see this past seasons roster with a coach like Enfield, but they'll be gone by the time White is gone.

Reactions: Gator Fever
“Whaaaaaaah....we only win first round NCAA tourney games every year..”

talk about spoiled entitlement....

get some life experience, have your heart broken by a chick, get your ass kicked in a bar fight, pump your own gas, deal with a natural disaster, and come back and tell sadgator how bad it sucks that we’re losing in the first round every year...

just sayin’....

Will be interesting to see if Mann returns. Also the status of Keyontae. Hoops way down on his priority list, but I'm sure he's hopeful to return one day.

I posted this on another thread, but White's accomplishments in 6 years are simply not up to Florida Gator standards. They just aren't.
MIKE WHITE after 6 yrs:

Zero NBA Draft picks

1 Top 20 Final AP finishes - #20 in 2016-17

#39 & #75 Ranked Recruiting Classes (‘20 & ‘21)

Zero Conference titles

Under 60% wins in SEC games

Zero SEC Champ game

Zero Wins over FSU

Reached Sweet 16 1x in 6 yrs

I posted this on another thread, but White's accomplishments in 6 years are simply not up to Florida Gator standards. They just aren't.
MIKE WHITE after 6 yrs:

Zero NBA Draft picks

Zero Conference titles

Zero SEC Champ game

Zero Wins over FSU

Not sure about much of this, but are you sure about the last one, just asking because i don't know......jim

“Whaaaaaaah....we only win first round NCAA tourney games every year..”

talk about spoiled entitlement....

get some life experience, have your heart broken by a chick, get your ass kicked in a bar fight, pump your own gas, deal with a natural disaster, and come back and tell sadgator how bad it sucks that we’re losing in the first round every year...

just sayin’....

lol I see your point but I agree with most of what he said there. People trying to make excuses for White remind me of the people defending Mac before his total collapse because he was winning the SEC East. You could watch us and tell the coach was an issue just like with White and his in game changes that screw us so much in these games we could have won.

Not sure about much of this, but are you sure about the last one, just asking because i don't know......jim
I'm sure. We reached the Elite 8 in 2016-17, got beat by South Carolina and finished up ranked #20 in the final AP poll. That's the best we've done since Mike White was hired. No SEC Tournament title games, not really a sniff at an SEC title. The only other UF sport where this type of mediocre performance has been tolerated has been Women's Basketball. In other sports, coaches have been replaced when they aren't winning an SEC title every once in a while and being in regular contention the rest of the time.

If the “expectation” is making the tournament every year...we’re doing ok there....how’d Kentucky and Duke make out on that front this year...”Coach K must go!”
With the talent UF had ever since Mike White has been here, the expectations is to at least be in the sweet 16. With the years of talent here, there are no excuses to be eliminated early along with several bad losses like Mizzou, Kentucky, the Cocks and Miss State.

If the “expectation” is making the tournament every year...we’re doing ok there....how’d Kentucky and Duke make out on that front this year...”Coach K must go!”
Kentucky and Duke had 1 bad season. They are routinely Top 10 programs fighting every year for their conference title. 1 Elite 8 in 6 years with no conference championships of any kind, no NBA draft picks and the other Mike White "achievements" would not be tolerated at Duke, Kentucky or any other basketball programs where being in contention for titles is a reasonable expectation. Especially when we consider that the University of Florida is the ONLY athletic department that has finished in the Top 10 for best overall athletic programs in the NCAA every year they have compiled the numbers to determine that. THE University of Florida has historically demanded more of its coaches than what White is delivering. That fact cannot be disputed, try as you may.

It will get really interesting and potentially very ugly if UK follows next season with another one just like the one we had.

If you missed the tournament again it would be full meltdown mode as the big Cal supporters would be jumping ship then.

Not sure how all these changes with the G league and kids jumping ship to other schools will affect things either. I think in our case we might hit a bad point with that with White's recruiting slipping and never having NBA draft picks so far. I am sure other schools will negative recruit that fact to the dreamers.

Well, insta almost saw the light, and then reverted back to his old ways.

wow....Freudian. I meant to type "sad almost saw..."

that's not a good sign, buddy.

For someone that likes basketball a lot, you sure seem to be really okay with making the tournament and getting embarrassed.

Reactions: sadgator
The expectation should be to advance in the tournament. Kentucky and Duke (with their current coaches) have earned the right to post a bad season occasionally. It's rare.

For someone that likes basketball a lot, you sure seem to be really okay with making the tournament and getting embarrassed.

damn.... that’s Danny giving someone the bidness..... on basketball!!?!!??

one of the Four Horsemen just road thru

I just want to see a well coached and disciplined team year in and year out. Consistency and maximizing the very good talent we have. If we get this the championships will follow. Nothing would make me happier than the switch would flip for coach White.

I’m a little fed up with Cals arrogance and BS he tries to feed the UK fans. I know a lot of UK fans wouldn’t know WTF an illegal screen looks like - but we have a huge following of actual knowledgeable basketball fans ..... and some of his garbage he spews during a press conference either means he doesn’t know WTF the glaring problems are, or doesn’t GAS about actually leveling with the folk that help fund his salary.

that being said, I’m not in the can Cal club yet. I have heard he intends to grab 2-3 experienced juniors on the transfer wire - that could be a good recipe. Maybe he does have some perspective - hoping so

Last edited:
sadgator is admittedly schizophrenic when it comes to this topic...

look...sadgator’s definitely bummed about how it ended this year...and sadgator is concerned about the slow ball play in games with leads, but simply, sadgator is not sure the grass is greener with anyone else. And the difference between 1st round wins and sweet sixteens ain’t that great.

sadgator’s pretty convinced he’s never gonna see another Florida Final Four or SECT win in his lifetime...but what he saw was good enough to last...that’s all...

MIKE WHITE after 6 yrs:

Zero NBA Draft picks

Zero Conference titles

Zero SEC Champ game

Zero Wins over FSU

Where do i make the booster donation to keep him?

I just want to see a well coached and disciplined team year in and year out. Consistency and maximizing the very good talent we have. If we get this the championships will follow. Nothing would make me happier than the switch would flip for coach White.

100% agree.

If you changed the last word to Grantham, I would also 100% agree.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
I’m a little fed up with Cals arrogance and BS he tries to feed the UK fans. I know a lot of UK fans wouldn’t know WTF an illegal screen looks like - but we have a huge following of actual knowledgeable basketball fans ..... and some of his garbage he spews during a press conference either means he doesn’t know WTF the glaring problems are, or doesn’t GAS about actually leveling with the folk that help fund his salary.

that being said, I’m not in the can Cal club yet. I have heard he intends to grab 2-3 experienced juniors on the transfer wire - that could be a good recipe. Maybe he does have some perspective - hoping so

The Cal stuff is more comparable to our football situation as far as the fans go probably. The one common thing is White and Cal are both terrible when it comes to making in game adjustments late in games.

My guess is KY fans are starting to look at him like some here were with Meyer after he checked out after the 09 season. If Meyer would have remained for 2011 in the same mindset that would be like Cal's situation now. My own thought is unless he really embraces some proven transfers in the future there won't be anymore Final Fours coming under him with the G league etc.

Last edited:
That hit on a lot of the main points about White.

It would be nice if someone took him off our hands but we are stuck with him for another season most likely. Forgot about him almost giving that lead up with his nonsense in that one tournament.

I am hoping Ole Miss isn't any good next season and reach out to him just in case he pulls another season like this one.
Did you say the same about Billy D. during his first two LOSING SEasons? Or his last LOSING season?

Did you say the same about Billy D. during his first two LOSING SEasons? Or his last LOSING season?
Nope but like many I was a little irritated having a down season. Donovan actually won many significant things like National Titles, SEC Championships and SEC Tournaments unlike White.

White unlike the 3 permanent basketball coaches before him has never made a Final Four or either won the SEC. White has been on a clear downward trend with his game blowing coaching style the past 3 seasons. Curious what happens next season as he looks like he may not have as good a talent level to blow games with as he did in prior seasons unless he is successful with the portal. He might make the decision easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatordad3
Unless White can go portal shopping, we are in big trouble next season. Fortunately there are some really good players we can grab.

Unless White can go portal shopping, we are in big trouble next season. Fortunately there are some really good players we can grab.

Yep there are a bunch for this upcoming season. Knowing Mike White he will get just what he needs to make the tournament and blow another double digit 2nd half lead again.

Reactions: gatordad3
Insta, how did you manage to hack into Sad's account?
Insta is running like the wind. He's looking all over for a stats to post, or a pic, or a GIF that says Mike White is great and it's all everyone else's fault. Hey Insta how them apples tasting? Bet you having problems swallowing hahaha

Insta is running like the wind. He's looking all over for a stats to post, or a pic, or a GIF that says Mike White is great and it's all everyone else's fault. Hey Insta how them apples tasting? Bet you having problems swallowing hahaha

instas statistician:

Aliens.jpg

Reactions: Dannygator1989
Insta will probably tell us how Florida is tied for like 10th right now in consecutive NCAA tournament appearances and that Mike White has like 8 consecutive postseason appearances if you count the first 4 NIT appearances.

ADVERTISEMENT