ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassment for UF

tbbuc99

Bull Gator
May 23, 2003
In what shouldn’t have shocked me I guess, but apparently there was a study room @ UF named after Karl Marx. The article takes a dig at the renaming because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine not really having anything to do with Marx connection to Russia. I just find it pretty appalling for them to even have a room named after a communist, like we don’t have enough great Americans they could name rooms after! Some idiotic decision makers for sure.https://m.orlandoweekly.com/orlando...sian-invasion-of-ukraine/Content?oid=31222068

In what shouldn’t have shocked me I guess, but apparently there was a study room @ UF named after Karl Marx. The article takes a dig at the renaming because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine not really having anything to do with Marx connection to Russia. I just find it pretty appalling for them to even have a room named after a communist, like we don’t have enough great Americans they could name rooms after! Some idiotic decision makers for sure.https://m.orlandoweekly.com/orlando...sian-invasion-of-ukraine/Content?oid=31222068

hop in this thread op

https://florida.forums.rivals.com/threads/karl-marx-study-room.112191/page-2#post-2217281

Reactions: tbbuc99
I think every university in this country has a lion's share of communist weirdos wanting Capitalism to fail. Entitlement for basic needs rule the newest additions to the workforce and we ignored it for decades. I am ashamed of what higher education has become and we just sat back while our children were being indoctrinated.

I think every university in this country has a lion's share of communist weirdos wanting Capitalism to fail. Entitlement for basic needs rule the newest additions to the workforce and we ignored it for decades. I am ashamed of what higher education has become and we just sat back while our children were being indoctrinated.
The education system was infiltrated by communists 50 years ago. It was a brilliant plan, and I believe it has been VERY effective. As most of us know...young people thing that they are smarter than everyone else...and in almost EVERY case..it is the furthest thing from reality. So a bunch of DUMB college kids will believe ANYTHING.

The education system was infiltrated by communists 50 years ago. It was a brilliant plan, and I believe it has been VERY effective. As most of us know...young people thing that they are smarter than everyone else...and in almost EVERY case..it is the furthest thing from reality. So a bunch of DUMB college kids will believe ANYTHING.
That’s on parents as well, my son tried the “know it all” phase that every kid goes through, but when things got harder because of his attitude & explaining to him where the family bread was buttered, he started understanding things better. He played sports, had a range of friends from those with not much to those that daddy gave everything, he was in the middle, but desired the higher living kids lifestyle. He found out pretty quick he’d better get on it if he wanted to live like that as an adult due to his own abilities, because as I explained his mother & I worked 25-30 yrs to get to where we were & he wasn’t getting handed anything without working for it. He figured it out & makes a good six figure income with no student debt as he served our country proudly & earned his degree, from a bit so liberal mid west school, thankfully!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT