ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles @ Gators...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Well the mighty Eagles come to town in a rare Sunday game. Hopefully another QB can get almost a full half of playing time for the experience. Looking at their defense I expect the RBs to take a few for long scores. Wouldn't be surprised if Lingard even takes one to the house as that is what he is known for in practice and he did at Miami when playing opponents like this.

Reactions: GatorTheo
4th and 1 we had zero defenders outside the box. They run speed option at no one. Nice coaches

This is a total mismatch, but it's very worrying that EW has 16 first downs in the first half. The defense is simply not good and it will take more better players to fix the problems.

Kitna Kaboodle(Chris Berman's nickname for old man Jon Kitna) with the TD pass!

Damn Kitna can throw a 60 yard dime for a TD. We might have us a little QB controversy if AR struggles against an SEC opponent

This is a total mismatch, but it's very worrying that EW has 16 first downs in the first half. The defense is simply not good and it will take more better players to fix the problems.
Yes the defense stinks. Combination of a few things.

That last TD run by EWU was too easy
I don’t mind that to much to be honest. That was with backups and 3rd stingers, etc. The main concern is while the first team defense only gave up 3 points they allowed too many first downs and too many yards. I think our offense is coming along pretty good but it would be nice if the defense could give them the ball more and in better field position, etc.

I don’t mind that to much to be honest. That was with backups and 3rd stingers, etc. The main concern is while the first team defense only gave up 3 points they allowed too many first downs and too many yards. I think our offense is coming along pretty good but it would be nice if the defense could give them the ball more and in better field position, etc.
All true - Missouri's offense isn't very good, but their defense gave Georgia fits until late in the game. They will be a real challenge for our improved offense. And the fact that we couldn't stop USF nor Eastern Washington, any offense has a good chance of being able to move the ball against us.

• Sad
Reactions: gatordad3
All true - Missouri's offense isn't very good, but their defense gave Georgia fits until late in the game. They will be a real challenge for our improved offense. And the fact that we couldn't stop USF nor Eastern Washington, any offense has a good chance of being able to move the ball against us.
Yep. Strong likelihood our defense isn’t going to stop anybody this year so we are going to have to outscore teams. I will say 1 positive from this game is that we had no trouble with this game as opposed to the Samford game last year. This staff for now has at least avoided a Jackson St, Middle Tennessee State type of loss.

We were up 52-3 at one point.

This was not a good data point game for any conclusions.

We do not have a great defense, that is clear, but we were up 52-3.

Lets move on.

Ended up going somewhere but I am surprised that team had 400+ yards. We must have one of the worst SEC defenses I would think up to this point. Surprised our RBs didn't have more big runs also.

Yes it was an FCS opponent but some positives are we averaged 13.1 yards per play. That is pretty darn impressive & efficient regardless of your opponent. Lots of young guys played that showed some potential that bodes well for the future & liked what I saw from Kitna. The negatives is the defense is lousy and so far hasn’t shown any signs of improvement. We are likely gonna have to outscore teams this year to win games.

Yes the defense stinks. Combination of a few things.
It's evidently going to take a little while to get the defense going. Returning to the 4-3 from the 3-4 is an issue, as we don't have the right type of guys out there. Also, it doesn't look like "Grantham style" has been completely unlearned yet.

I hope we can actually show a little patience this time around. Georgia went through a lot of growing pains on offense until they found a decent OC and got it together. It might be the same for us on defense.

I think we finally have the right guy at the helm, I hope we give him a chance to get the players and coaches installed and then see where we are.

Defense played a 1 good half against Utah, and actually didn't play bad against Kentucky. Outside of that it has been awful. Curious to see how it plays out this year.

Reactions: PacoGator19
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT