ADVERTISEMENT

Dumbo Jumbo: LOSING SEASON

The Bama “process” appears to have lost a little of its luster as well.
The Bama process still works, but it's like anything else, if everybody can do it, you lose the advantage of it. And now the key component of the process, the purchasing of players, is allowable by everybody.

If college football had always had NIL or some version that allowed everybody to pay players, the University of Alabama football program would be and would have always been an unremarkable backwater. I really don't understand a fanbase that cheats, knows it cheats, is proud of the cheating, and trumpets their victories as if they actually did something. Yeah, you did something, you CHEATED.

Very hard for a freshman class, even a $30M freshman class to have a huge impact. They should be better next year.

Very hard for a freshman class, even a $30M freshman class to have a huge impact. They should be better next year.
True…but this is Jimbo’s 5th year at A&M. He “owns” this and this is his team. Yes their class last year was insane but it isn’t like A&M has been recruiting poorly. They have been recruiting really good every year he’s been there.

Reactions: fsu939913
True…but this is Jimbo’s 5th year at A&M. He “owns” this and this is his team. Yes their class last year was insane but it isn’t like A&M has been recruiting poorly. They have been recruiting really good every year he’s been there.
Oh, I’m not debating that at all. I think everyone had A&M overrated at the beginning of the year because of the Freshman class, but nobody expected the team to be this bad.

Aside from the recruiting class, they were ranked #6 coming in, so they should have been better this year.

This is a pattern with aTm though. Consistent underachievers. What’s hilarious is all the money they paid Jimbo and he’s worse than Sumlin.

Common sense is out the window when it comes to giving some of these coaches a decade long contract of $100 million. There’s no real incentive to produce when you’re guaranteed that kind of money.
BINGO! The contracts are so out of control and so big and guaranteed that I do think it takes away some incentive to actually produce.
I said it a week or so ago but I wouldn’t be totally surprised to see Jimbo pull a Dan Mullen and just negotiate a buyout

BINGO! The contracts are so out of control and so big and guaranteed that I do think it takes away some incentive to actually produce.
I said it a week or so ago but I wouldn’t be totally surprised to see Jimbo pull a Dan Mullen and just negotiate a buyout
With Fisher, I'll say he becomes defiant to the point when the AD is forced to fire him, but I wouldn't count out next seasons team. They'll either improve dramatically or further implode.
Those dumbasses should never have given him an extension over that fluke 2020 season. Then again, they should thank Grantham for their 1 loss season rather than 2 losses.

Texas AM has a ton of money....one day they are going to hire the right coach..
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the last decent head coach they had was Jackie Sherrill. That was well before he ended up at Miss State.

Texas AM has a ton of money....one day they are going to hire the right coach..
7CZMN5PGROJ6PDHZXTGM43U5NY.jpg

I don’t see Kiffin putting up with any crap from boosters at Auburn. And there’s a lot of it.
No different than the time Kiffin spent at USC. Whether he turns that program around is another story. Hugh Freeze would be a better candidate at AU. Speaking of AU, where's your troll boy, ohsfan22, 24, 29 or whatever numbers he uses on several different boards?

No different than the time Kiffin spent at USC. Whether he turns that program around is another story. Hugh Freeze would be a better candidate at AU. Speaking of AU, where's your troll boy, ohsfan22, 24, 29 or whatever numbers he uses on several different boards?
That crazy mofo disappeared on us. He was entertaining but after a while you just wanted the guys in white jackets to take him back to the institution he escaped from.

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3
He was banished as soon as Paco took over.

Jimbo showing the country how to do less with more. I guess TAM needs better facilities.

Seriously, I thought the key to Jimbo's success was having 5-star athletes at every position with the ability to absorb his 500+ page offensive play book. Jimbo needs to burn that book and stick to recruiting.

Fftl5g4XEAIh9Lq.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT