ADVERTISEMENT

Don't let go...

GatorNation79

Bull Gator
Sep 27, 2009
Sparks, NV
...of the rope. Whatever Mullen will be it's undeniable that the guy can coach. It's not just luck that we are where we are. Mullen is out coaching these guys...wait until we get another Percy/Tebow/Pouncy type guys back and we are going to rule the SEC again.

We gave the ball away and still won. Go Gators!!!!

I love how we're getting guys in space and breaking plays for TD's again. Watch the presser..we have a coach that get's it We're in year 1...wait until we get the players that Mullen wants. Good times again!

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Dude makes some serious adjustments at the break. Straight up coaching. The last dude looked like a mummy and talked about how neat things were. The guy before him liked to get into a punt festival and sit on a 3 point lead.
100% I got to be honest I really wanted us to hire Chip Kelly but Dan Mullen was by far the best hire. Guy knows what's going on, he knows how to get it done, the guy is a freaking winner.

Whatever he's doing is contagious and I think we're all pretty much loving it. Great hire!

Funny how doom and gloom the board was after the Kentucky loss.

I certainly wouldn't have thought this was going to be a top 10 team by the middle/end of October. Happy to be wrong.

I always liked Dan though, so I'm happy to be right about the coach .

Dan can coach, but he can't recruit. That's why he never won anything as a coach, nor has he ever had a top 25 offense other than one time with Dak. He's a great play caller and schemer, but a total flop as a recruiter, which is just as important. Unfortunately, without fixing that flaw, which most don't or can't, he won't do anything at Florida other than the occasional division title. I guarantee it.

Reactions: fsumc
Dan can coach, but he can't recruit. That's why he never won anything as a coach, nor has he ever had a top 25 offense other than one time with Dak. He's a great play caller and schemer, but a total flop as a recruiter, which is just as important. Unfortunately, without fixing that flaw, which most don't or can't, he won't do anything at Florida other than the occasional division title. I guarantee it.

That's because you are an idiot.

You rite man!

Winning is the best recruiting you can do, and coaching always trumps recruiting.

Case in point: Look at Willie at FSU. Their 2019 was Top 5 before the season started, now it's fallen back to #14. Why? Cause recruits see he can't coach, and now they are questioning whether they want to spend 4 years playing for a rah-rah coach who can't make a bowl.

More will leave and FSU will struggle to get a Top 25 class. While Mullen will continue winning and flirt with a Top 10 class.

Coaching trumps recruiting. Keep watching.

Reactions: sadgator
Even over matching Vanderbilt, the kids could have let go when down 21-3. Trust in the system, recognize plenty of time remains, keep blocking and tackling and no panic, and methodically come back and win by ten. Florida did not get turnovers or freak plays, just held on and thoroughly outplayed them after outplaying them early but dropping the ball.

Good job coaches, and players.

How many coaches have had more success than Dan at Missisippi State?

How many recruited at a higher level at Starkville?

I would suggest you let the man complete one full season and recruiting cycle before you say he can or can't do anything. If you are a Gator fan (?), I don't get you sandbagging the best coach we have had this decade, to the degree you do.

If you are a bucanole clone, then I have my answer. Tally Ho elsewhere.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
How many coaches have had more success than Dan at Missisippi State?

How many recruited at a higher level at Starkville?

I would suggest you let the man complete one full season and recruiting cycle before you say he can or can't do anything. If you are a Gator fan (?), I don't get you sandbagging the best coach we have had this decade, to the degree you do.

If you are a bucanole clone, then I have my answer. Tally Ho elsewhere.

Don't feed the troll.

Even over matching Vanderbilt, the kids could have let go when down 21-3. Trust in the system, recognize plenty of time remains, keep blocking and tackling and no panic, and methodically come back and win by ten. Florida did not get turnovers or freak plays, just held on and thoroughly outplayed them after outplaying them early but dropping the ball.

Good job coaches, and players.

We had 150 yards rushing in the first 3 quarters and 150 rushing in the 4th. That’s after being behind big early. That is having a plan and sticking with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT