ADVERTISEMENT

Derek Chauvin trial - what does the jury do?

Also, and please correct me if I am wrong. If someone is truly having a problem breathing, wouldn't saying "i can't breath" be very difficult for them. And wouldn't they also be gasping and trying to suck in air?

You would expect them to have some trouble speaking but the old adage of, "if you can speak, you can breathe" is not entirely true. The person will eventually lose the ability to speak but may well be able to verbalize their struggles for a time.

Fighting and claiming that you can't breathe is a tougher pill to swallow. However, Floyd did fight and then died of asphyxiation. He was probably having milder issues to begin with but as the fentanyl began taking effect, because he almost certainly swallowed a large dose as cops arrived, it killed him.

Gator, sorry, but the problem here is that you put the victim on trial first and then when you have the jury convinced that the defendant was not guilty, you put him/her on trial. I saw a police officer with his leg on the neck of a man and the man telling him he couldn't breathe.
Jimbo, pictures were posted earlier in this thread that clearly showed his knee was on Floyd's shoulder, not his neck. If you have images that show his knee on his neck, please share.

This is why I haven't really commented on this case, because I didn't know the key facts. There's a lesson in that for some of our dem friends here that run here with every Aaron Rupar tweet they see.

My understanding of the case was pretty much what emotional social justice warriors had said, that Flloyd was doing nothing, when a cop threw him to the ground and put a knee on his neck for 7 mins till he died. And a bunch of his cop buddies stood around and watched him.

That story didn't pass the smell test, and it looks like it was mostly or all BS.

This is all about the dems trying to make George Floyd out as a martyr in order to incite racial division.

Which is all the racist dems know. I think a lot of posters here need to ask themselves why they continue to support them.

Experts (prosecution witnesses) today backed prosecutions narratives. Testimony does not line up with autopsy. Defense took hit. But they bring in their own experts tomorrow.

Experts (prosecution witnesses) today backed prosecutions narratives. Testimony does not line up with autopsy. Defense took hit. But they bring in their own experts tomorrow.
I only saw the very end. That police doctor (don't recall name).......WTF was that red thing on his head? Looked like he'd had a lobotomy and a bad suture job.:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: BillCutting4585
I only saw the very end. That police doctor (don't recall name).......WTF was that red thing on his head? Looked like he'd had a lobotomy and a bad suture job.:oops:
Since no one commented, looked it up on youtube. It's a combover. On HLN, it was bright red. Our cable provider here needs to tune their act up. 😂 This clown has a smirk that cracks me up. Looks a lot like Dabney Coleman and Gerald McRainey.......more like the latter, thinks he's funny but is probably a real asshole.

"...There are very significant evidentiary problems ignored or misrepresented in the mainstream media as to (1) cause of death, (2) whether Chauvin caused the death, (3) whether the force used by Chauvin was unlawful, and for some counts, (4) Chauvin’s intent. People who only read the mainstream media coverage of the case are ignorant of these issues...."

He ODed and there was no injuries to the neck. He was a deadman the minute he swallowed the Fentanyl.

Not guilty!

I oppose choke holds but that is a matter for legislatures to hash out not juries in hyper political settings where people want a scalp.

Chuavin doesn't need to have a badge but IMO he isn't guilty of a crime.
Technically he wasn't choking because he was talking. I think that is why this should be an acquittal but the milquetoast Minnesota justice system would rather convict an innocent man than admit the truth. They must pander to the narrative that all Caucasian Cops are racist and this occurred because law enforcement is geared to kill AA males.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Technically he wasn't choking because he was talking. I think that is why this should be an acquittal but the milquetoast Minnesota justice system would rather convict an innocent man than admit the truth. They must pander to the narrative that all Caucasian Cops are racist and this occurred because law enforcement is geared to kill AA males.
Just to point out just how effed up they are, they've already waived the white flag of surrender. WTF settles a civil case before a criminal trial? Cucktards, that's who! :mad: That state's residents get the governance they voted for.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Except statisics show that more white people than minorities are killed by LEO. Doesn't it seem strange that most all of the people (of all skin colors) killed by LEO are criminals who are fighting or resisting the LEO.

Except statisics show that more white people than minorities are killed by LEO. Doesn't it seem strange that most all of the people (of all skin colors) killed by LEO are criminals who are fighting or resisting the LEO.
Yes. It has become apparent that minorities and certain factions are pushing to have all criminal past expunged from their record as proof of vile racism perpetrated by policemen across the USA. The odd part is these incidents mostly occur in liberal areas where conservative politics most certainly wouldn't be the norm and violent racist Caucasians would never pass the psychological examinations that each officer must pass before they are hired or enrolled in the Academy.

My prediction now is the lefty types on the jury pressured the other jurors (that and the riot stuff) to find him guilty of either third degree murder or second degree manslaughter - second degree manslaughter if I had to guess only one.

Maybe I will be surprised we will see.

My prediction now is the lefty types on the jury pressured the other jurors (that and the riot stuff) to find him guilty of either third degree murder or second degree manslaughter - second degree manslaughter if I had to guess only one.

Maybe I will be surprised we will see.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him be found guilty on 1 or 2 of the counts, then those get tossed on appeal later this year. Mad Max will be reason why.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him be found guilty on 1 or 2 of the counts, then those get tossed on appeal later this year. Mad Max will be reason why.
Beat me to it. I expect the courts to let this disappear into the rabbit hole a bit longer and off the radar though. The appeal will drag on a couple of years, and then the prosecutor will be faced with deciding on a retrial.

Reactions: martycat1
Crazy considering how weak the case was in reality. I think with social media and the rest being what it is now Zimmerman would have been found guilty in spite of the evidence also if that trial was held now.
You would be stunned at the number of emotional women on social media proudly saying they are in tears of joy tonight.

All white.

You would be stunned at the number of emotional women on social media proudly saying they are in tears of joy tonight.

All white.
The cop was a dumbass, but didn't commit murder. If we convicted dumbasses at this rate there wouldn't be enough prisons to hold them all. Cop should have handcuffed this POS to a park bench or lamp post and let Darwin claim his prize. Likely would have died just the same and even then, the SJW's would have howled anyway. This shit has gotten out of hand. Don't be a criminal, don't resist and then you won't be put in this position.
No one is going to want to be in law enforcement when this is how you are ultimately treated. Wokeness now values the lives of criminals and thugs more than they do those who protect and serve.

The cop was a dumbass, but didn't commit murder. If we convicted dumbasses at this rate there wouldn't be enough prisons to hold them all. Cop should have handcuffed this POS to a park bench or lamp post and let Darwin claim his prize. Likely would have died just the same and even then, the SJW's would have howled anyway. This shit has gotten out of hand. Don't be a criminal, don't resist and then you won't be put in this position.
No one is going to want to be in law enforcement when this is how you are ultimately treated. Wokeness now values the lives of criminals and thugs more than they do those who protect and serve.
This has been the plan the entire time.

So if you are a white cop, do you refuse to go into black neighborhoods? I sure wouldn’t. This is going to be detrimental to black communities. You would be safer headed into the military than being a police officer today. I bet you see white cops leaving in droves now.

You guys are insane. I'm shocked by some of these comments. I can't believe that some of you are sticking up for that guy. Most of you are making this political. Wow. So disappointed.

You guys are insane. I'm shocked by some of these comments. I can't believe that some of you are sticking up for that guy. Most of you are making this political. Wow. So disappointed.

It's not possible to consider this case without looking at the politics. If you say you are, or that you can, then I'm sorry but I don't believe you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT