ADVERTISEMENT

Derek Chauvin trial - what does the jury do?

I agree, I wanted your take from a professional point of view. Sadly, if Chauvin doesn’t get the chair, riots will occur.

As much as it pains me, if the jury doesn't see the evidence to convict, bring on the riots.

The damage the riots would cause would be the lesser of two of evils as compared to justice perverted.

Reactions: fatman76
As much as it pains me, if the jury doesn't see the evidence to convict, bring on the riots.

The damage the riots would cause would be the lesser of two of evils as compared to justice perverted.
I’d pull every cop in every liberal city and let them burn it all to the ground. The way we’re headed, the inmates will be driving the ship.

I’d pull every cop in every liberal city and let them burn it all to the ground. The way we’re headed, the inmates will be driving the ship.

You would either have to do that or turn them loose to do their jobs. Flirting near the middle trying to appease both sides will not work. Things are either lawful or they are not.

If the communities will support them, law enforcement will be more than willing to protect them and their property.

You would either have to do that or turn them loose to do their jobs. Flirting near the middle trying to appease both sides will not work. Things are either lawful or they are not.

If the communities will support them, law enforcement will be more than willing to protect them and their property.
I didn’t consider the alternative to letting the police actually police.

Does your police station have tanks? I hear they scare the man in charge 😉😂😂😂

How is crap like that tolerable to people on the left? How does a bitch like that not get canceled? Or at least freaking ridiculed.
What the cops need to realize is. 75 million people that voted are on their side. Dont piss off that side. The 75 million have the guns and ammo and are willing to protect.(If they can get off the ego trip) Its that simple.

Going really bad for the prosecution. Zero chance of any 3rd degree murder conviction here unless the jury literally ignores what evidence has been presented and the defense hasn't even called their witnesses yet. I see why the media etc. hid most of the video and audio now because it clearly points to this being an overdose death.

Going really bad for the prosecution. Zero chance of any 3rd degree murder conviction here unless the jury literally ignores what evidence has been presented and the defense hasn't even called their witnesses yet. I see why the media etc. hid most of the video and audio now because it clearly points to this being an overdose death.
Gator, sorry, but the problem here is that you put the victim on trial first and then when you have the jury convinced that the defendant was not guilty, you put him/her on trial. I saw a police officer with his leg on the neck of a man and the man telling him he couldn't breathe. I saw other police standing by doing nothing, It is my opinion that the defendant did not need to take the step he did to a handcuffed man who was under the influence. That is what I saw and from that the officer cannot be set free w/o some kind of penalty. I am a believer in our police force but NOT in a situation like this. The officer was wrong........jim

The prosecution’s case is falling apart. The media continues to claim the opposite.

if/when the jury comes back with an acquittal or a hung jury - the media will be to blame for the violence that ensues.

I’ve watched about 60% of the trial thus far, and read/watched recaps of the remaining 40%. If you go by the evidence proffered, there’s no way to say Chauvin killed Floyd beyond a reasonable doubt.

Floyd didn’t deserve to die as a result of passing off counterfeit money. The facts point to him dying as a result of a drug overdose.

Gator, sorry, but the problem here is that you put the victim on trial first and then when you have the jury convinced that the defendant was not guilty, you put him/her on trial. I saw a police officer with his leg on the neck of a man and the man telling him he couldn't breathe. I saw other police standing by doing nothing, It is my opinion that the defendant did not need to take the step he did to a handcuffed man who was under the influence. That is what I saw and from that the officer cannot be set free w/o some kind of penalty. I am a believer in our police force but NOT in a situation like this. The officer was wrong........jim

They have already showed putting the leg there was a taught defensive tactics move and have him saying he screwed up with the drugs.

Breathing didn't cause his death. It may look bad (especially with the media and agencies hiding the full video/audio from the public) but with this extra stuff I am seeing now the prosecution knew they had no chance to win this case (fairly anyway with a non-crooked jury). That one prosecutor was being honest until the mob forced all these charges to be brought.

If the jury follows the law he will be found not guilty of any murder charge and probably not guilty of any manslaughter charge either though I think they might nail him on that lowest manslaughter type charge thinking it might spare the area of riots. I don't think it will matter however if he isn't found guilty of murder and the town/state needs to be prepared for full scale rioting.

Last edited:
Reactions: nail1988
The prosecution’s case is falling apart. The media continues to claim the opposite.

if/when the jury comes back with an acquittal or a hung jury - the media will be to blame for the violence that ensues.

I’ve watched about 60% of the trial thus far, and read/watched recaps of the remaining 40%. If you go by the evidence proffered, there’s no way to say Chauvin killed Floyd beyond a reasonable doubt.

Floyd didn’t deserve to die as a result of passing off counterfeit money. The facts point to him dying as a result of a drug overdose.
You've watched a little more of this than I have........but what I've seen being covered by HLN...........the network's "panel of experts" are the most biased MFers I've ever seen. It's incredible, they aren't listening to the witnesses, they're making the case for the prosecutor. Biased AF. The knee to the back (instead of neck) just about threw them into a tizzy. 😂

His guilt must be proven beyond reasonable doubt (sadly i doubt that's actually true in this case) before a guilty verdict can be handed down. In fact, if the jury hands down a guilty verdict but the judge knows (believes) that the reasonable doubt threshold hasn't been cleared, by law he must overrule the jury (judgment notwithstanding of verdict or JNOV). That's pretty rare of course.

However, the "beyond reasonable doubt" standard here is whether or not a reasonable person would have acted or believed similarly to how Chauvin acted or believed. That sort of waters down beyond reasonable doubt imho.

Just to play devils advocate here but...what if you learned that MANY people say they cannot breathe while they're being restrained? Some are probably telling the truth...the vast majority are not. The vast majority are freaking out over what's happening to them (getting arrested, being physically manhandled) or are playing possum while hoping to regain the advantage so that they can either escape, hurt the LEO or both.

I agree with you on most of the rest but just know, "I can't breathe" usually doesn't mean I can't breathe. But to your point, it's the cops job to figure out if his subject can or cannot breathe.

Last edited:
Reactions: dtcliffo
His guilt must be proven beyond reasonable doubt (sadly i doubt that's actually true in this case) before a guilty verdict can be handed down. In fact, if the jury hands down a guilty verdict but the judge knows (believes) that the reasonable doubt threshold hasn't been cleared, by law he must overrule the jury (judgment notwithstanding of verdict or JNOV). That's pretty rare of course.

However, the "beyond reasonable doubt" standard here is whether or not a reasonable person would have acted or believed similarly to how Chauvin acted or believed. That sort of waters down beyond reasonable doubt imho.

With what the Judge has allowed in so far and with not wanting the riots blamed on him the judge would never direct a verdict here imo though possibly the appeals court might be willing to overturn a faulty one later.

Its a sad day now that many of these Judges and prosecutors let politics affect their decisions big time now.

They have already showed putting the leg there was a taught defensive tactics move and have him saying he screwed up with the drugs.

I have not seen this. I've seen the training officers say the opposite.

I can tell you that we are taught NOT to do that...unless it is defense of human life (yours or anothers). The problem for Chauvin is that it is difficult to justify the knee (wherever it was and to me it was on the upper back) after Floyd is handcuffed and lying prone. x100 after several minutes of being handcuffed while lying prone.

Did you see the end of today's testimony? The prosecution tried to infer Floyd was an "experienced" drug abuser, bringing in some "expert" that analyzed the dope that was on his person and car and also the dope that fell out (or got ditched in the back seat of the cruiser). It makes me think the struggle in the back of the car was him trying to empty his pockets and ditch the dope........which he did, and was found. It was sent to the lab and the state's star witness was led down the path that the milligrams of meth and fent weren't strong enough to kill him.

WTF? That's not a salient issue. What was IN HIS SYSTEM from the toxicology report? I think that's coming from the defense, like a 100 mph fastball.

With what the Judge has allowed in so far and with not wanting the riots blamed on him the judge would never direct a verdict here imo though possibly the appeals court might be willing to overturn a faulty one later.

Its a sad day now that many of these Judges and prosecutors let politics affect their decisions big time now.

Agree wholeheartedly. It may sound counterintuitive but imo our justice system would be better served with a riot due to an accurate verdict than it would be no riots for a defective verdict.

Still, if the threshold isn't cleared, there will be substantial pressure for the direct verdict...which is different from a JNOV ftr. As much pressure as a guilty verdict??? I agree with you, I doubt it.

But again, beyond a reasonable doubt is somewhat watered down by the reasonableness doctrine of the crime he is charged with.

I have not seen this. I've seen the training officers say the opposite.

I can tell you that we are taught NOT to do that...unless it is defense of human life (yours or anothers). The problem for Chauvin is that it is difficult to justify the knee (wherever it was and to me it was on the upper back) after Floyd is handcuffed and lying prone. x100 after several minutes of being handcuffed while lying prone.

They got the one bullshitting there to admit that was a tactic in the training but he was spinning some mess trying to act like it really wasn't. Once their witnesses go up all this stuff will be completely shredded worse than it actually has been already.

I know cops never want to do that because it goes against safety measures but if he had to do it over he would have been better off just letting him lay there after he swallowed all those drugs. These cops should see they are targets for bad prosecutions now. The case in Atlanta I wouldn't want that guy being a cop anymore but those charges were BS also even though he was too trigger happy imo.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Agree wholeheartedly. It may sound counterintuitive but imo our justice system would be better served with a riot due to an accurate verdict than it would be no riots for a defective verdict.

Still, if the threshold isn't cleared, there will be substantial pressure for the direct verdict...which is different from a JNOV ftr. As much pressure as a guilty verdict??? I agree with you, I doubt it.

But again, beyond a reasonable doubt is somewhat watered down by the reasonableness doctrine of the crime he is charged with.

I could be wrong but doubt I highly doubt the Judge would take that 3rd degree murder off the table. Maybe a 2nd degree but no way do I see this guy doing that on the 3rd degree with the politics/riots in play here. Maybe he will surprise me however and do it.

Times 100. That cuck Justice Roberts used "riots" as an excuse to not follow the law. Fvck him too.

Did you see the end of today's testimony? The prosecution tried to infer Floyd was an "experienced" drug abuser, bringing in some "expert" that analyzed the dope that was on his person and car and also the dope that fell out (or got ditched in the back seat of the cruiser). It makes me think the struggle in the back of the car was him trying to empty his pockets and ditch the dope........which he did, and was found. It was sent to the lab and the state's star witness was led down the path that the milligrams of meth and fent weren't strong enough to kill him.

WTF? That's not a salient issue. What was IN HIS SYSTEM from the toxicology report? I think that's coming from the defense, like a 100 mph fastball.

I didn't see that and haven't read up on the days events yet. That's interesting.

That experienced drug user almost died from an overdose a month or two ago (I think that time frame is accurate) according to his girlfriends testimony a few days ago.

In fact, experienced drug addicts often die from overdose. Weird, right?

Last edited:
I didn't see that and haven't read up on the days events yet. That's interesting.

That experienced drug user almost died from an overdose a month or two (I think that time frame is accurate) according to his girlfriends testimony a few days ago.

In fact, experienced drug addicts often die from overdose. Weird, right?
It's not weird at all with opioids. I believe it's like snakebite. Get bit one too many times and suddenly your body says good night Irene. I'm not sure but I think Ross Allen almost died that way.

Reactions: BillCutting4585
I could be wrong but doubt I highly doubt the Judge would take that 3rd degree murder off the table. Maybe a 2nd degree but no way do I see this guy doing that on the 3rd degree with the politics/riots in play here. Maybe he will surprise me however and do it.

Agree, it was a HUGE victory for the prosecution when the court allowed the lesser included. They were up a creek on 2nd imho.

That issue isn't completely resolved either btw. Minnesota has a very odd definition for 3rd degree murder. There is recent precedent for this new ruling...which ironically occurred in another 3rd Degree murder case against a cop in Minneapolis.

Reactions: BillCutting4585
It's not weird at all with opioids. I believe it's like snakebite. Get bit one too many times and suddenly your body says good night Irene. I'm not sure but I think Ross Allen almost died that way.

Yea, my "weird, right" was sarcasm. Experienced drug addicts typically die from overdoses if something else doesn't get them first...like a gun shot or a knife wound.

I'm sure Floyd had built up a tolerance for fentanyl but the levels in his body were extreme. He didn't have that much tolerance.

Just a theory but I'm guessing that he had that much fentanyl in his system because he tried to get rid of the evidence by eating it when the police showed up. I'm basing that theory on long experience.

Agree, it was a HUGE victory for the prosecution when the court allowed the lesser included. They were up a creek on 2nd imho.

That issue isn't completely resolved either btw. Minnesota has a very odd definition for 3rd degree murder. There is recent precedent for this new ruling...which ironically occurred in another 3rd Degree murder case against a cop in Minneapolis.

I think the problem for the prosecution even on some lower manslaughter charge is they cant link what he did to partially causing his death except for some joke witnesses they have in their trying to spin. I don't see how any medical records etc. can be used to make a valid argument for that not even counting the beyond a reasonable doubt standard.

They got the one bullshitting there to admit that was a tactic in the training but he was spinning some mess trying to act like it really wasn't. Once their witnesses go up all this stuff will be completely shredded worse than it actually has been already.

That will be interesting to watch. In my training, those tactics were prefaced with the same standards of using your weapon...as a last result to defend human life.

The case in Atlanta I wouldn't want that guy being a cop anymore but those charges were BS also even though he was too trigger happy imo.

See now I have fewer issues with the Atlanta cops (assuming we're talking about the same case...Rayshard Brooks).

In that case, Brooks fired a taser at the officer while fleeing. Two points...

1) if the officer is hit with the taser and becomes incapacitated, his gun is now in play. He MUST NOT allow that to happen. His life and the lives of others are in danger if it does. And yes, tasers often have 2 or even 4 shots so there was still danger.

2) Tennessee vs Garner defines when an officer may use deadly force on a fleeing suspect. In short, LEO's are not allowed to use deadly force to prevent escape unless "the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."

I believe that the officer has that probable cause in this case.

I think the problem for the prosecution even on some lower manslaughter charge is they cant link what he did to partially causing his death except for some joke witnesses they have in their trying to spin. I don't see how any medical records etc. can be used to make a valid argument for that not even counting the beyond a reasonable doubt standard.

In that scenario, it's possible that the prosecution can make the case that the drugs killed Floyd but Chauvin is responsible because a reasonable person would have rendered aid or, at least, would have stopped kneeling on his back when it was reasonably apparent that Floyd was in respiratory distress.

I honestly don't know if Minnesota law would allow for it. They have some very strange definitions for murder imo.

Yea, my "weird, right" was sarcasm. Experienced drug addicts typically die from overdoses if something else doesn't get them first...like a gun shot or a knife wound.

I'm sure Floyd had built up a tolerance for fentanyl but the levels in his body were extreme. He didn't have that much tolerance.

Just a theory but I'm guessing that he had that much fentanyl in his system because he tried to get rid of the evidence by eating it when the police showed up. I'm basing that theory on long experience.
Is there a difference between ingesting or keestering drugs? 😂😂😂😂

Totally kidding

"...Chauvin's criminal case in Minnesota appears to be largely shaping up in an eerily similar manner to the Zimmerman case in Florida. The government has been reduced to impeaching their own evidence (the autopsy report not only failed to attribute the cause of death to a murderous knee, but revealed serious health problems combined with extraordinarily fatal levels of illegal drugs), and now police body cam footage has come into evidence showing Chauvin's knee appeared to be on Floyd's shoulder blades and not on his neck as it appeared from the famous cellphone video taken by bystanders and as claimed by activists.

Instead of waiting for a full investigation and trial, Chauvin was presumed guilty, convicted in the media, immediately fired, and the city rushed to pay the Floyd family $27 million, described as the largest pre-trial civil rights lawsuit settlement in American history – a fact that jurors told the court (in the criminal trial) influenced their opinion of the case, forcing their dismissal...."

Reactions: NavigatorII
"...Chauvin's criminal case in Minnesota appears to be largely shaping up in an eerily similar manner to the Zimmerman case in Florida. The government has been reduced to impeaching their own evidence (the autopsy report not only failed to attribute the cause of death to a murderous knee, but revealed serious health problems combined with extraordinarily fatal levels of illegal drugs), and now police body cam footage has come into evidence showing Chauvin's knee appeared to be on Floyd's shoulder blades and not on his neck as it appeared from the famous cellphone video taken by bystanders and as claimed by activists.

Instead of waiting for a full investigation and trial, Chauvin was presumed guilty, convicted in the media, immediately fired, and the city rushed to pay the Floyd family $27 million, described as the largest pre-trial civil rights lawsuit settlement in American history – a fact that jurors told the court (in the criminal trial) influenced their opinion of the case, forcing their dismissal...."

The city should be forced to cough up the money without insurance. How in the HELL can a civil suit be settled when there isn't proof a crime was even committed? That's like poisoning a jury before a trial even begins. I'm not a lawyer, but that seems ridiculous.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
Just to play devils advocate here but...what if you learned that MANY people say they cannot breathe while they're being restrained? Some are probably telling the truth...the vast majority are not. The vast majority are freaking out over what's happening to them (getting arrested, being physically manhandled) or are playing possum while hoping to regain the advantage so that they can either escape, hurt the LEO or both.

I agree with you on most of the rest but just know, "I can't breathe" usually doesn't mean I can't breathe. But to your point, it's the cops job to figure out if his subject can or cannot breathe.
Also, and please correct me if I am wrong. If someone is truly having a problem breathing, wouldn't saying "i can't breath" be very difficult for them. And wouldn't they also be gasping and trying to suck in air?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT