ADVERTISEMENT

Dems Lead Early Voting

Was I the one who predicted a red landslide? I do not believe it was. In fact, the only red president to win the popular vote won it as an incumbent, wartime president with 50.7% of the vote.

The electoral college, though, does need to go. One person, one vote. If all people are created equal, then all votes should be treated equally. Logic.
One person, one vote. Sure. Local or state elections? Gotcha. President? Flyover country says hello...er, hell NO.
You really want NY and Cali always telling the rest of us who our President will be?

Was I the one who predicted a red landslide? I do not believe it was. In fact, the only red president to win the popular vote won it as an incumbent, wartime president with 50.7% of the vote.

The electoral college, though, does need to go. One person, one vote. If all people are created equal, then all votes should be treated equally. Logic.

It baffles me when people say this, either A)you are ignorant to the fact why the electoral college must be in place B) You understand why the electoral college must be in place but you just dont care because you think it benefits you more if its not there. Probably the lowest IQ take ive ever seen from. Do better

One person, one vote. Sure. Local or state elections? Gotcha. President? Flyover country says hello...er, hell NO.
You really want NY and Cali always telling the rest of us who our President will be?

Yes he does. Thats the point. Anything liberals lose on they want to change, lose by electoral college, change to popular vote. Lose the majority of supreme court seats, pack the court with more justices. Happens all the time.

Yes he does. Thats the point. Anything liberals lose on they want to change, lose by electoral college, change to popular vote. Lose the majority of supreme court seats, pack the court with more justices. Happens all the time.
fsu939913 can obviously define all seven components of critical thinking. If we had more like him, we'd be far less worried about our upcoming election.

None of you liberals complained about the electoral college long before Trump won the 2016 election. Why now? The only popular votes that put Hillary over the top were the dead voters and voter fraud that was severely exposed in Michigan when Jill Stein demanded a recount that blew up in her face as well as Cankles Clinton's face.

None of you liberals complained about the electoral college long before Trump won the 2016 election. Why now? The only popular votes that put Hillary over the top were the dead voters and voter fraud that was severely exposed in Michigan when Jill Stein demanded a recount that blew up in her face as well as Cankles Clinton's face.
Constantly amazes me that people wanna argue about the popular vote. The popular vote is not how the president of United States is determined and if it ever becomes the way a president is determined you will see our country breaking into. In terms of how an election is decided, the 2016 election was the electoral college landslide. And that’s the only kind of landslide that matters in presidential elections.

The electoral college was designed to make sure that the president was the president of everybody in the United States and not just the president of two or three cities. It’s actually a brilliant design. And if I’m not mistaken it would take a constitutional amendment to change that so the popular vote totals are unlikely to ever matter in our country.

So you can spend all day long talking about that if you want but it doesn’t really mean anything. If you want to be president of United States you have to win states and not just New York San Francisco Los Angeles and Chicago. If the Democrats can’t learn how to do that did they will struggle winning the presidency.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
Some estimates say 2 million illegals voted in Kalifornia after Gov. Moonbeam signed the "Mexican Voter Act." Anyone could obtain a Driver License, then register to vote.

Reactions: gatordad3
Interesting that you have taken the lowest common denominator of human interaction and embraced it in your own personal life.

Lizard you're blowing it. I told you months ago that this was the last Presidential election that the democratic party would ever have.

You should be enjoying it, cause you're going to wish you had come 2024.

No one campaigns to win the popular vote. Not even the "smartest" woman in the world. Although she came close. Bill urged her to make a presentation in the blue wall. Even lie. Do something! She refused.

That’s not true, when I was in college I worked at McDonald’s with a whole bunch of FSU graduates.
You had time left over from studying to get into med school and the best you could do was a lousy job at Mickey D's?

Because we were fine with it after Dubya and his hanging chads stole the election in 2000? He also had a minority of the popular vote. You have something of a selective memory. You don't remember the past the way it was, you remember it the way you want it to have been.

Case in point: There was no "massive voter fraud" in Michigan, only a misreported story. In fact, in the recount, Clinton GAINED a few votes. I would say to read the story I am including, but people like you only believe news they get from 2 week old websites with anonymous sources.

https://apnews.com/article/bed4c8227cb248678fec438e653f1aa1

Because we were fine with it after Dubya and his hanging chads stole the election in 2000? He also had a minority of the popular vote. You have something of a selective memory. You don't remember the past the way it was, you remember it the way you want it to have been.

Case in point: There was no "massive voter fraud" in Michigan, only a misreported story. In fact, in the recount, Clinton GAINED a few votes. I would say to read the story I am including, but people like you only believe news they get from 2 week old websites with anonymous sources.

Stole the election in 2000?
Oh, you're beyond help.

Who cares, the popular vote means nothing in the presidential election. Why waste your time with this?

Some estimates say 2 million illegals voted in Kalifornia after Gov. Moonbeam signed the "Mexican Voter Act." Anyone could obtain a Driver License, then register to vote.

Good Lord, you will literally believe anything. ANYTHING.

The Federal National Voter Registration Act requires states to allow voters to register to vote when they interact with governmental agencies. This is popularly called the Motor Voter Act, and most states have passed their own version to comply with Federal Law. In fact, Florida has had motor voter for years, although Florida was threatened four years ago with a lawsuit because of restrictions that violate the NVRA. Not surprisingly, Florida is being run currently by Republicans who have made it their mission to disenfranchise poor voters.

But back to California. They passed a motor voter act that made it easier to register while renewing a license by allowing the voter registration information be loaded electronically between system, rather than having to print out the info and put it back in by hand, and also passed a law that allowed illegals to get licenses. They did not pass a law allowing illegals to vote in state or federal elections, nor did they make it possible for illegals to become registered. All they did was let computer systems talk to each other. You may be confusing the San Francisco law, which allows illegals to vote in local school board elections, with the other, statewide laws.

As to your contention that millions of illegals voted in the 2016 presidential election, well, let me just point out that while the law was passed in 2015, it was not implemented until 2018, so, just, no.

I have put the information you need in the articles below, but of course you won't believe them. I just don't get why Republicans prefer unsubstantiated rumors and gossip over cold hard facts. You all are like teenagers who refuse to accept the things taught in sex ed, but believe your boyfriend when he says it's impossible to get pregnant the first time.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/california-motor-voter-act/

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-w...ng facts_437214061573_8626214133_100999439945

https://miamiherald.typepad.com/nak...ida-of-violating-federal-motor-voter-law.html

Who cares, the popular vote means nothing in the presidential election. Why waste your time with this?

Is it my time? Can I not use my time as I wish? But thanks for your input.

Plus, if you notice, the discussion isn't about the popular vote, it's about selective memories.

We need to repost that Zero Hedge article, voter registration in LA county is 125% of the voting population.

Now you see why the dems want popular vote to decide who the president is. Just keep counting till they have enough votes.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
Is it my time? Can I not use my time as I wish? But thanks for your input.

Plus, if you notice, the discussion isn't about the popular vote, it's about selective memories.
OK, if you wanna waste your time with it let me ask you a different way. Since the popular vote doesn’t matter, why do you care about it?

Good on you for knowing about the Judicial Procedures Reform bill of 1937.

OK, if you wanna waste your time with it let me ask you a different way. Since the popular vote doesn’t matter, why do you care about it?

The popular vote should and does matter. The idea of the electoral college goes back to the original idea of the Presidential election, which is that the states vote for their senators and representatives, and they vote for president. But then it was decided that they didn't want congress voting in the president, so they changed it to a different group, but has the same number of voters, by state.

Back then, the popular vote was largely a myth. You had to be a land owning male to vote. Only 6% of Americans were eligible to vote when George Washington was elected. But we have since embraced the idea that everyone should have the right to vote, and that change is based in the fundamental belief that all people are created equal. This is also why there has been a movement in many states to allow felons who have completed their time to be allowed to vote again. Because voting is a fundamental American right.

So if this is the case, as every American has an equal right to vote, doesn't it make sense that everyone's vote should count the same? But with the electoral college, they do not. It was never changed, however, not because it was "better", but because the popular vote and the electoral college always went the same way, at least since 1888, and in every election where women and minorities had the right to vote, which was a result of the movement toward universal suffrage. As long as the winner of the popular vote won the electoral college, it didn't matter, it was still the will of the people, regardless of what that outmoded relic said. But that all changed in 2000, and now we see that it could happen regularly. Since now we have twice had the election stolen from the people, the time has come to end it, before it can happen again.

The popular vote should and does matter. The idea of the electoral college goes back to the original idea of the Presidential election, which is that the states vote for their senators and representatives, and they vote for president. But then it was decided that they didn't want congress voting in the president, so they changed it to a different group, but has the same number of voters, by state.

The irony is, shifting to Popular Vote to decide the President would let 3-4 states decide who is the President, and the other 46-47 states will have no say. IOW, 5% of the country will decide who rules for the other 95%.

Founders knew that corrupt politicians would one day push for popular vote, that's why they wanted the Electoral College to decide the president. So 100% of the country has a say in who the president is, not just the 5% that are liberal shithole cities.

People like you post a link and thinks it makes u right.....THAT is truly insane

Why was the electoral college instituted into US elections?

Do you disagree with that reasoning? If so, we'll agree to disagree.

As I said, I’m registered independent. There are lots I dislike about the dem side. I just can not in good conscience vote for Mr. Trump.

Then WHAT are you voting for?

After you answer that, who do you think you are voting for? Because your vote won't be for Biden even if you vote Biden. Good luck with that.

Isn't it more than 200 times attempts have been made to repeal the Electoral College? These attempts have never sprouted wings. Little Rock and East Lansing do not want to give up their rights to help in the selection process.

An amendment to the Constitution would be required as I recall. Which 2/3rd of the states would buy in?

Isn't it more than 200 times attempts have been made to repeal the Electoral College? These attempts have never sprouted wings. Little Rock and East Lansing do not want to give up their rights to help in the selection process.

An amendment to the Constitution would be required as I recall. Which 2/3rd of the states would buy in?

Now you see why Dems want DC and Puerto Rico to be states. Pack the Supreme Court! Pack the Senate!

Cheat to win! Cheat to win!

Back then, the popular vote was largely a myth. You had to be a land owning male to vote. Only 6% of Americans were eligible to vote when George Washington was elected. But we have since embraced the idea that everyone should have the right to vote, and that change is based in the fundamental belief that all people are created equal. This is also why there has been a movement in many states to allow felons who have completed their time to be allowed to vote again. Because voting is a fundamental American right.

So if this is the case, as every American has an equal right to vote, doesn't it make sense that everyone's vote should count the same? But with the electoral college, they do not. It was never changed, however, not because it was "better", but because the popular vote and the electoral college always went the same way, at least since 1888, and in every election where women and minorities had the right to vote, which was a result of the movement toward universal suffrage. As long as the winner of the popular vote won the electoral college, it didn't matter, it was still the will of the people, regardless of what that outmoded relic said. But that all changed in 2000, and now we see that it could happen regularly. Since now we have twice had the election stolen from the people, the time has come to end it, before it can happen again.

you don’t even understand the basic construct of the Constitution. He’s President of the United States, not President of the People of the United States. It’s a states right to elect those to choose the Executive of the Federation.

The states just happen to do so democratically through an election. I can go further into the states rights and balance of weight between states, but of course you won’t care because you standing upon your ignorant point is more important than your comprehension

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT