ADVERTISEMENT

Deion Sanders denies shelving Florida commits

Seems petty....I'm not worried about that. I'm looking forward to all the TD's Emory will be throwing and running in the Swamp.
I agree. Or I could buy into the whole Nole conspiracy and a possible slight to Emory because he didn't pick FSU. These games are like probowls or allstar games. I'm just happy nobody got hurt...so thanks to Deion for preserving our QB of the future.

We recruited him last second. Deion probably barely even realized he was a last weekend target by Willie.

We recruited him last second. Deion probably barely even realized he was a last weekend target by Willie.
Do you think it would have helped if Fields (who was heavily recruited and was well aware of both schools) would have told him to go to FSU vs his recommendation of Florida?

Do you think it would have helped if Fields (who was heavily recruited and was well aware of both schools) would have told him to go to FSU vs his recommendation of Florida?

The coaches that heavily recruited Fields are not in Tallahassee, try College Station.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Fields said if you want to play right away, go to UF. If you want to sit for a couple years, go to FSU. Actually, after seeing Jones in practice all week, he may be sitting behind Franks for awhile too.

Fields said if you want to play right away, go to UF. If you want to sit for a couple years, go to FSU. Actually, after seeing Jones in practice all week, he may be sitting behind Franks for awhile too.
Sorry. I wasn’t aware you were actually a part of that discussion between the two. Fitzgerald and Prescott were not that highly thought of before getting coached up by Mullen. At this stage, Jones is showing more than they did. Apparently Fisher and Taggart feel the same way.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
The coaches that heavily recruited Fields are not in Tallahassee, try College Station.
I guess I had just bought in to the idea that Taggart’s recruiting ability was off the charts good. My bad.

Oh, they are. Sit back and enjoy.
It’s going to be fun. Butch Davis, Lane Kiffin, Josh Heupel, Charley Strong, Willie Taggart, Dan Mullen. You like your guy. I love mine. Can those programs on the rise (UM, FAU, UCF, USF and UF) keep it rolling? Let the games begin.

I guess I had just bought in to the idea that Taggart’s recruiting ability was off the charts good. My bad.

Huh? Ur basing someones recruiting proweress on whether they can pull a guy from a solid committ in 2 weeks with no coaching staff lol

I agree. Or I could buy into the whole Nole conspiracy and a possible slight to Emory because he didn't pick FSU. These games are like probowls or allstar games. I'm just happy nobody got hurt...so thanks to Deion for preserving our QB of the future.
I will say this...it's also petty for Sanders to act like he 'had no idea who Emory was'...that's rude. You should know who he is and every kid that's been invited to this kind of an event...or at least try to. It's a bad example on Sanders part and it was pretty small of him IMO...I don't have a problem with Deion and I loved it when he played for my Cowboys but it was a poor way to handle the situation.

Huh? Ur basing someones recruiting proweress on whether they can pull a guy from a solid committ in 2 weeks with no coaching staff lol
I hope that Taggart is a terrible recruiter...but that's just because I'm a Gator fan and want FSU to lose every game they play. I agree though...way to early to know how any of these new coaches will do. I would expect him to do well.

No. But I think your fans thought he would. In fact, quite a few if you pay attention to your fans posts. Time will tell, I’m looking forward to it. The all important South Florida area, formerly a near given for you became much more formidable when ace recruiter Richt came aboard with Miami. Right behind them was UF even with a weak recruiting staff and on-field success. As well, FSU is going to feel the pinch with coaches that have yet to build relationships with players, administrators and coaches. UF has seen that in consecutive coaching changes. Finally, the general consensus is that UF and UM are on the rise while FSU is faltering. But quality recruiting classes does not equate necessarily to success which you have been witnessing as an FSU fan, History gives Mullen and Richt the edge there. Again, I am super excited about the future!

Reactions: mcanes
You mean to tell mean he was making sure they didnt get hurt! What a traitor! See, i can play the tard game too. Jesus
It was a pointless, media created spectacle game. Mainly a platform for highschool kids to announce, it is also supposed to be an all american game but there are others coming up.

I can't keep up with all these showcase games.

Seems petty....I'm not worried about that. I'm looking forward to all the TD's Emory will be throwing and running in the Swamp.
I also agree. You don’t win games at UF by making yourself look good at the UA game. If that was true Jeff Driskel should have won an heisman while at UF. HCs don’t care about the UA, it’s just a practice game so the young men can get into the spotlight and smile for the cameras!!!!

I hope that Taggart is a terrible recruiter...but that's just because I'm a Gator fan and want FSU to lose every game they play. I agree though...way to early to know how any of these new coaches will do. I would expect him to do well.
Unfortunately he has a reputation as a excellent recruiter. Fortunately he hasn't proven himself as a great gameday coach. When it comes to Florida vs FSU I am very happy about our early returns thus far when it comes to our new coaches.

Mullen has a reputation as a great gameday coach. Did you see how well his old team bottled up Lamar Jackson in their bowl game. That was with a interim coach but the reason they played so well was the discipline and coaching Mullen and his staff instilled in them. Oh and they were without their starting QB as well.

Reactions: fsu939913
Oh please dude.

You went 6-6 by scheduling a patsy game after the season was over.

Let’s pretend there’s a big difference.

Still, it's a bit of a stretch to claim that "there is a consensus." UF was even worse than FSU this year. Miami was better, but it's a bit premature to declare a trend based on a single data point. I'm sure "there was a consensus" back when Muschamp took the Gators to the Sugar Bowl in 2012.

Still, it's a bit of a stretch to claim that "there is a consensus." UF was even worse than FSU this year. Miami was better, but it's a bit premature to declare a trend based on a single data point. I'm sure "there was a consensus" back when Muschamp took the Gators to the Sugar Bowl in 2012.

That was a team that won very ugly and relied entirely on defense. It looked like there was hope but it wasn’t a sign we were going to be great.

That was a team that won very ugly and relied entirely on defense. It looked like there was hope but it wasn’t a sign we were going to be great.
True and while we whipped up on a couple of teams, of much lesser talent, our offense couldn't do much. We got the run game going against Texas AM and LSU late...lost to UGA and took it to the Clowns in Trailorhassee but we were a great defensive team and had Sturgis...who is an awesome kicker. Offense was a joke.

No. But I think your fans thought he would. In fact, quite a few if you pay attention to your fans posts. Time will tell, I’m looking forward to it. The all important South Florida area, formerly a near given for you became much more formidable when ace recruiter Richt came aboard with Miami. Right behind them was UF even with a weak recruiting staff and on-field success. As well, FSU is going to feel the pinch with coaches that have yet to build relationships with players, administrators and coaches. UF has seen that in consecutive coaching changes. Finally, the general consensus is that UF and UM are on the rise while FSU is faltering. But quality recruiting classes does not equate necessarily to success which you have been witnessing as an FSU fan, History gives Mullen and Richt the edge there. Again, I am super excited about the future!

Most fsu fans are not that bright.

Reactions: mcanes
General consensus says the program who just went 4-7 is in a better spot than us?

Not anywhere I have seen.

I think this is based solely on the coaching staffs. Nobody thought Jibo would up and leave y'all in a lurch, and nobody thought Richt could turn Miami around so suddenly, and we've got a coaching staff that might actually know about the forward pass.

And that would be accurate...we were defiantly worse....not sure if this team was worse than Muschamps 4-8 team but they were awful...no coaching.
When I mentioned consensus, I was speaking to the future. The direction of UM’s program speaks for itself, While UF has been lauded by pundits and has generated excitement by recruits for its offseason moves, recruiting successes to date, and let’s face it, UF can only improve. FSU is quite frankly, a mess. It lost it’s head coach and most of its assistants in an end of year debacle. It has struggled to fill its assistant spots and had a less than impressive early signing day to the extent that FSU was on many early signing loser lists while UF’s early signing day was lauded UM is absolutely loaded. Many of FSU’s recruits have de-committed (6 in one day) and the coach’s main claim to fame at this point rests on his recruiting ability which, in my opinion only, has been less than spectacular. His overall record is sub 500 and with no conference or even division championships. FSU has not won an ACC championship since Winston left and doesn’t look to anytime soon. I am not predicting anything, I am only citing the general feelings from recruits, fans and pundits. As I said, our opinions (all of them) are just that - opinions. Maybe my optimism and enthusiasm are misplaced but as I mentioned, I am looking forward to see how it all works out with confidence. Go Gators!

Reactions: instaGATOR
When I mentioned consensus, I was speaking to the future. The direction of UM’s program speaks for itself, While UF has been lauded by pundits and has generated excitement by recruits for its offseason moves, recruiting successes to date, and let’s face it, UF can only improve. FSU is quite frankly, a mess. It lost it’s head coach and most of its assistants in an end of year debacle. It has struggled to fill its assistant spots and had a less than impressive early signing day to the extent that FSU was on many early signing loser lists while UF’s early signing day was lauded UM is absolutely loaded. Many of FSU’s recruits have de-committed (6 in one day) and the coach’s main claim to fame at this point rests on his recruiting ability which, in my opinion only, has been less than spectacular. His overall record is sub 500 and with no conference or even division championships. FSU has not won an ACC championship since Winston left and doesn’t look to anytime soon. I am not predicting anything, I am only citing the general feelings from recruits, fans and pundits. As I said, our opinions (all of them) are just that - opinions. Maybe my optimism and enthusiasm are misplaced but as I mentioned, I am looking forward to see how it all works out with confidence. Go Gators!

There is nothing wrong with cheering and being a homer for your team. I personally will nvr fault aoneone for that. Its why i dont get mad at insta. Dude is all orange and blue and i cant get mad at that

Deion Sanders has shot down (not shot down, simply denied) reports he shelved UF commits at the UA game.
https://deadspin.com/deion-sanders-denies-shelving-florida-recruits-at-all-a-1821819643

FYI, this would not be the 1st time in his life that Neon-Deion has denied/lied about something that he's done.... o_O

But hey, I can't say that I really care if he did or didn't in this case. :rolleyes:

EJ didn't need the TV time to bolster his recruit status, since he's already rejected FSUcks and early signed with the Gator's. He will early enroll and start classes this coming week. All not playing did to him was insure that he didn't get injured in a meaningless HS All Star game. :cool:
(so thanks from me neon...) :D

There is nothing wrong with cheering and being a homer for your team. I personally will nvr fault aoneone for that. Its why i dont get mad at insta. Dude is all orange and blue and i cant get mad at that
If people get mad over these sites, then I feel bad for them. I understand passion, but if this IN THE END is more than fun and play, that’s unfortunate. Speaking for myself only, if civil, I enjoy the back and forth even though I know I’m not going to change anyone’s minds. It causes me to think more deeply and to reflect on the Gators while supporting my team and fellow Gator fans.

If people get mad over these sites, then I feel bad for them. (this) I understand passion, but if this IN THE END is more than fun and play, that’s unfortunate. Speaking for myself only, if civil, I enjoy the back and forth even though I know I’m not going to change anyone’s minds. It causes me to think more deeply and to reflect on the Gators while supporting my team and fellow Gator fans.

Being 'civil' is a bit like seeing beauty, it's in the eye/ears of the beholder. :cool:
Different standards and backgrounds abound here. Mother Theresa to Attila the Hun, and everything in between. :confused:

Opinions, speculations, with constant back and forth raggin' is what goes on. If it's to hot for anyone to take, the just read and stay outta da kitchen... o_O

Those that believe that I get mad or hate on here are either clueless, or knowing liars attempting to get a rise. I laugh up my sleeve at both/either. :D

If people get mad over these sites, then I feel bad for them. I understand passion, but if this IN THE END is more than fun and play, that’s unfortunate. Speaking for myself only, if civil, I enjoy the back and forth even though I know I’m not going to change anyone’s minds. It causes me to think more deeply and to reflect on the Gators while supporting my team and fellow Gator fans.

Gator numbers went to bed plenty mad at me a few times lol he wasnt too bad imo Just fun to argue with. Him and I could argue about sand for weeks

Reactions: Dannygator1989
ADVERTISEMENT