ADVERTISEMENT

Deion and F$U HC job

TJtheGator

Gator Great
Jun 4, 2001
Ever since Deion Sanders announced he would coach football, Deion as F$U HC has been on a collision course.

A few more Norvil eggs, a few more Deion wins, and I think this really gains steam.

My only question is how can a guy who could not attend class sit through all-day film sessions and actually make something productive?

We know he’ll retain O’dell but what good has that done the last two coaching staffs?

Hey he could rap his way through post-loss press conferences.

We know he’ll retain O’dell but what good has that done the last two coaching staffs?

Better yet, Deion can bring back the gold chains and his jheri curl.

ef93c102eaf6b70488d93ec47a889eb6.jpg

It’s not like he’s a clear upgrade over Norvell
Agree with you - but just about every time you change Head Coaches & Staff you lose continuity, screw up your recruiting, & delay your chances of building a winning team for an additional year or two.

SOS & Mullen to the Gators one of the few times that didn't happen.

Plus, depending on Norvell's contract, it will cost FSU some money.

FSU changing coaches every two years or so will help us immensely !

Makes you wonder what Jimbo saw when he decided to skip town. Maybe it was as simple as the guaranteed $75 million—can’t blame him for that.

But he would have been making close to that at FSU, in a no income tax state. And even with the “guarantee,” if Jimbo crapped the bed at aTm, those Texas boosters would have figured out a way to get him to walk away without paying the full amount. A guarantee is only as good as your ability to enforce it.

Since the collapse started during Jimbo’s final year, I wonder if he saw some kind of structural/systemic problem and jumped while 2013 was a recent memory.

Agree with you - but just about every time you change Head Coaches & Staff you lose continuity, screw up your recruiting, & delay your chances of building a winning team for an additional year or two.

SOS & Mullen to the Gators one of the few times that didn't happen.

Plus, depending on Norvell's contract, it will cost FSU some money.

FSU changing coaches every two years or so will help us immensely !
Yes! You are someone who thinks long term and sees the big picture! I agree with this. Especially if they keep making iffy hires. Part of the reason they were able to back their way into national prominence was bc bowden was too much of a coward to go to a real conference and face real competition, and he assembled a similar group of cowards, so they never had to deal with any of that. It’s about time it caught up to them. They are owed about 40 years of dealing with a problem they were able to duck like they do everything else.

Reactions: gatordad3
Makes you wonder what Jimbo saw when he decided to skip town. Maybe it was as simple as the guaranteed $75 million—can’t blame him for that.

But he would have been making close to that at FSU, in a no income tax state. And even with the “guarantee,” if Jimbo crapped the bed at aTm, those Texas boosters would have figured out a way to get him to walk away without paying the full amount. A guarantee is only as good as your ability to enforce it.

Since the collapse started during Jimbo’s final year, I wonder if he saw some kind of structural/systemic problem and jumped while 2013 was a recent memory.
The state income tax issue is a push. Texas's talent pool is on a par with Florida's. I always heard he had some major clashes with the admin at FSU. There's also the issue that FSU's had serious financial worries during the past decade, and the pockets are much deeper in the Long Horn State.

The state income tax issue is a push. Texas's talent pool is on a par with Florida's. I always heard he had some major clashes with the admin at FSU. There's also the issue that FSU's had serious financial worries during the past decade, and the pockets are much deeper in the Long Horn State.

The Long Horn state? Hope there aren’t any aggies reading this :)

The Long Horn state? Hope there aren’t any aggies reading this :)
lol........ I was serious about the rest of it. If I am not mistaken, Fisher left because he had some serious financial handcuffs in the department of hiring assistant coaches at FSU. And you can bet none was going to come from his pile of cash.

lol........ I was serious about the rest of it. If I am not mistaken, Fisher left because he had some serious financial handcuffs in the department of hiring assistant coaches at FSU. And you can bet none was going to come from his pile of cash.

The assistant coach funding sounds about right. But FSU should not need a Bama-style coaching think tank to figure out how to not lose to an FCS team at Doak, or anywhere else. Talent alone should have won that game by multiple touchdowns.

It sounds silly, but it’s so hard to pinpoint exactly why some coaches work out and some don’t. I remember when everyone thought Chad Morris was the real power behind the Dabo throne, but that theory got debunked hard.

I still think Mark Stoops would have been the best hire. He was a great DC at FSU and has turned UK into a respectable SEC team.

Reactions: PacoGator19
The assistant coach funding sounds about right. But FSU should not need a Bama-style coaching think tank to figure out how to not lose to an FCS team at Doak, or anywhere else. Talent alone should have won that game by multiple touchdowns.

It sounds silly, but it’s so hard to pinpoint exactly why some coaches work out and some don’t. I remember when everyone thought Chad Morris was the real power behind the Dabo throne, but that theory got debunked hard.

I still think Mark Stoops would have been the best hire. He was a great DC at FSU and has turned UK into a respectable SEC team.
Stoops would have been a good hire at FSU, but we can't blame him for staying at a program with better pay raises as well as far better facilities. His chances of getting canned at FSU are far greater than at Kentucky.

Mark Stoops is a fat turd.

Stoops would have been a good hire at FSU, but we can't blame him for staying at a program with better pay raises as well as far better facilities. His chances of getting canned at FSU are far greater than at Kentucky.
Why would he take a step back from Kentucky to go to a program like f$u? At least Kentucky beats their cupcakes. And anyway, They’re stuck with norvil redenbacher for awhile

With all due respect to Saban, I'm not sure I EVER want another head coach who was a defensive coordinator. Today's game demands a good offense, and unless you have a revolving door of good OC's, something is bound to give eventually. But again, Saban is the debil's spawn.;)

With all due respect to Saban, I'm not sure I EVER want another head coach who was a defensive coordinator. Today's game demands a good offense, and unless you have a revolving door of good OC's, something is bound to give eventually. But again, Saban is the debil's spawn.;)
That is pretty much my take.

The introduction of the targeting penalties ended the “defense wins championships” era.

I don’t mind a former DC head coach as long as he can adapt. You guys are still salty over Muschamp and his antiquated time-of-possession/three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust mentality. Though, right now, he looks like Saban compared to what’s going on at FSU.

The introduction of the targeting penalties ended the “defense wins championships” era.

I don’t mind a former DC head coach as long as he can adapt. You guys are still salty over Muschamp and his antiquated time-of-possession/three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust mentality. Though, right now, he looks like Saban compared to what’s going on at FSU.
I vote for Muschamp as the next Head Coach at FSU, after Deion, of course.

move voiced it before but that was the realization I had about Muschamp. I think if he's become a headcoach ten..,.even 5 years....before taking over Florida in 2011, he is probably a much more successful coach.

but now the revolving door of offensive coordinators you'd face and ever increasing rules against defenses, I just don't see it.

I don’t want to see Deion as the FSU head coach.
Why? He’s almost certainly at least as bad as norvel and willy, and has the potential to be much, much worse. They’re stuck with norvil for awhile, but I hope beyond hope they hire dionne. He doesn’t scare me in the least and he shouldn’t scare you either

Reactions: gatordad3
Why? He’s almost certainly at least as bad as norvel and willy, and has the potential to be much, much worse. They’re stuck with norvil for awhile, but I hope beyond hope they hire dionne. He doesn’t scare me in the least and he shouldn’t scare you either
FSU future coaching list:

Prime Time (can't hire him until Taggart's payments end)
Muschamp (can't hire him until Norvell's payments end)
Kendal Briles (Can't hire him until Sanders' payments end)
Program shut down.

Note: Don't know if you meant to spell Deion's name like Dionne Warwick spells it, but if you did, 👍

This would be a good chance for him to see his alma mater and take a tour of the school. Not sure he's yet to see the inside of a classroom.
What would be even more hilarious is Deion preaching the importance of academics to his players. He may have had no choice but to preach it to his players back in high school.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Might not be that big of a deal. He could just be honest and say “yeah, I wasn’t a good student, but this was back when you could get away with stuff like that. Now things are more strict.”

Better yet, Deion can bring back the gold chains and his jheri curl.

ef93c102eaf6b70488d93ec47a889eb6.jpg

Some of the comments on here about some peoples hair and the way they dress - seems like you might be showing your thoughts about some folks who might be different than you.

I dont think recruits read this stuff - but if they did it wouldnt be good.

FSU future coaching list:

Prime Time (can't hire him until Taggart's payments end)
Muschamp (can't hire him until Norvell's payments end)
Kendal Briles (Can't hire him until Sanders' payments end)
Program shut down.

Note: Don't know if you meant to spell Deion's name like Dionne Warwick spells it, but if you did, 👍
I can’t be bothered to learn the name of a nole other than to have a way to point him out. I could give two craps about how he spells it. I’ll spell it like I want to.

Ever since Deion Sanders announced he would coach football, Deion as F$U HC has been on a collision course.

A few more Norvil eggs, a few more Deion wins, and I think this really gains steam.

My only question is how can a guy who could not attend class sit through all-day film sessions and actually make something productive?

Please no

Please no
And what would be really great about it is Deion wouldn't just be a head coach with almost zero experience, but you know he would want to get the gang back together and bring in a bunch of former FSU players to coach the positions they used to play, even if they hadn't ever coached them before.

And what would be really great about it is Deion wouldn't just be a head coach with almost zero experience, but you know he would want to get the gang back together and bring in a bunch of former FSU players to coach the positions they used to play, even if they hadn't ever coached them before.
Well take your pick. You have the two dork quarterbacks trying to rap along with the other white boys following, especially the one calling UF the other hate.

A way too unoriginal video

"UHHHH, I'm Chip, I'm Pete, and we're the QBs"

Kill me now

My little birds inform me that Deion to F$U is gaining steam.

Each Norvil loss tips the scales in Deion’s favor.

This is gonna be freaking hilarious!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT