ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Bama brings in top QBs every recruiting cycle...no reason we can't.
Country,

hope you are correct.

IMO, a CFP appearance would make that more likely.

Napier & staff are already getting off the mark quicker; making what I feel is that critical 1st contact in a recruit's sophomre year instead of waiting till his mid junior year, often after their 1st true breakout season.

Ist scholly offer costs nothing since they can't cash it in till later, but it makes a huge & lasting impression !

Last edited:

Florida Gators LB Diwun Black to Transfer After Reported Dismissal​

I knew we had several players announce their intentions to transfer, but had not collected all the names in one stack until I read this article.

I am not an expert on "counter" / scholarship math !

Hoping someone who is will step forth & let us know !

1. Does a player transfering in count against the current year (same as a scholarship) or does the team just have to be under the 85 player limit to receive him ?

2. How many players can Gators can sign this year using "countbacks" from early entry.

"...Gators junior linebacker Diwun Black is the seventh Florida player to announce his entry into the transfer portal amid the 2022 campaign.

Black becomes the seventh Florida player to announce his intentions to hit the transfer portal, joining wide receiver Trent Whittemore, offensive lineman Josh Braun, defensive back Kamar Wilcoxson, tight ends Nick Elksnis and Griffin McDowell and long snapper Marco Ortiz. He is the eighth overall to leave during the 2022 campaign when including edge rusher Brenton Cox Jr.'s dismissal on Oct. 31."

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...all-linebacker-diwun-black-transfer-dismissal

Some additional words on the transfers & a scholarship chart.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...l-roster-Billy-Napier-Brenton-Cox--197788579/

Chart does not seem to answer my questions, it only seems to show how many 'ships allocated to each position

Last edited:

Gators make latest cut for 5* 2023 EDGE Samuel M’Pemba​

The other programs included on his short list are the Tennessee Volunteers, Georgia Bulldogs and Miami Hurricanes.

Tenn & UGA I understand; Miami not so much.

M’Pemba is expected to make his decision on Dec. 4.

Don't remember much contact / communication with him in quite a while.

So, are we just a hat on the table or do we have a real chance ?

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/202...el-mpemba-top-schools/?itm_source=parsely-api
Dawg

Huge Change in Annual Scholarship Cap Rules

From the predictions I have read, more UF transfers to come.

NCAA - 85 maximum scholarship players per team - unchanged

BUT

The 25 new scholarship limit per year has been modified (abandoned !) for the next 2 years..

Division I will waive the annual signing and initial counter limits for the 2022-23 and 2023-24 academic years, allowing schools to provide aid based on the overall roster limit of 85 scholarships for FBS football programs.

The combination of the new one-time transfer rule and the extra year of eligibility due to COVID-19 has resulted in increasing numbers of players entering the transfer portal — but no corresponding increase in available roster spots for potential destinations, thanks to a rule capping initial counters in each class at 25 players per year.

Previously, there was no way for programs to add players if they had already signed the maximum allowable number of players for that class.

TOO many transfers all dressed up with no place to go - restricting educational & quality of life opportunities ?

https://theathletic.com/news/college-football-25-initial-counter-rules/1Z0lztonTBTr/

No longer need to worry about how many early entries we count back to last year; only the 85 player cap.

With all the transfers & dismissals, Billy could sign 30 or more players this year to the traditional 1 year scholarship - let them audition, keep the good ones, then do the same next year.

Talk about rebuilding your team !!!

The gators will no longer take project / developmental players.

With the advent of the Transfer Portal, the annual 25 recruit cap is doomed. It may not stay as presently written - limited only by the 85 player total cap, but flexibility is needed.

One suggestion - 25 players each year plus 1 for every outbound transfer. Too many schools - hit by a stream of transfers - unable to staff certain positions - OL.

"... It’s a “necessity” to get rid of the yearly signing cap, says former Duke coach David Cutcliffe, now in an administrative role with the SEC office. “There’s no way to manage your roster,” he says.
“There are teams out there scared to death of having a couple of injuries at a certain position and they might not be able to play.”

Under COVID you could reschedule the game - remember ?

For example, Texas and Penn State are battling enough offensive line depth issues this spring that they adjusted their spring game formats. The Longhorns don’t have enough O-linemen to even assemble two five-man units.
Remember when Jim McElwain took over from Will Muschamp & we only had 6 OL (had 7 but 1 got injured as I recall)

Several schools went a step further: They abandoned spring games altogether.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/04/25/college-football-scholarship-signing-limit-transfer-portal

EDIT
Cold-blooded but players / recruits brought it on themselves.

They have jumped on the money side of NIL, resulting in paid college athletes & CFB (NFL type) free agency -

this is the equalizer.

What will Saban & Smart do ?

Do we intend to seriously compete with them or just be another Vanderbilt ?

Why did we spend $85 MM on the Heavener Center ?

Bird Sherrill - Director of College Personnel will be earning his salary for the next two years.

If we win the next three games (Vandy, F$U, & the Bowl) Billy & the Gators will be a popular destination for transfers - (TAMU ?)

resize

Get us some Good Ones Bird !

Last edited:
Reactions: gatordad3
And just why is that insta-dude yapping about QB-dt Max Brown??? 🙄

RUSHING:

RB Treyaun Webb 6-1 205 **** (HS Sr)
9 Gms - 113 for 893 Yds, 7.9 YPC, 16 TD's, 2 LPF's

RB Mark Fletcher 6-2 225 **** (HS Sr) (Recent de-commit from tOSU, UF pursues)
11 Gms - 158 for 1,398 Yds, 8.8 YPC, 16 TD's, 1 LPF

14 Gms - 173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD's, 0 LPF
QB-dt Max Brown 6-2 200 ***
(HS Sr)

10 Gms - 40 for 263 Yds, 6.6 YPC, 4 TD's, 1 LPF
QB-dt Jaden Rashada 6-4 185 ****
(HS Sr)

QB-dt Marcus Stokes 6-1.5 190 **** (HS Sr)
7 Gms - 76 for 406 Yds, 5.3 YPC, 9 TD's, 0 LPF
=====

PASSING:

QB Jaden Rashada 6-4 185 **** (HS Sr) Rush 40 for 263, 6.6 YPC, 4 TD's.
10 Gms - 156 of 244, 63.9% for 2,238 Yds, 14.3 Yds/Comp, 27 TD's, 8 Ints, QBR 116.8

14 Gms - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 Yds, 16.5 Yds/Comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
QB Max Brown 6-2 200 ***
(HS Sr)

QB Marcus Stokes 6-1.5 190 **** (HS Sr)
7 Gms - 86 of 172, 50.0% for 1,127 Yds, 13.1 Yds/Comp, 7 TD"s, 8 Ints, QBR 65.2

~~ All Stats taken from MaxPreps Stats
=====

The insta-dude can apparently add up 1+1 and get 2, for a true dual threat QB....
Max Brown has only played 2 seasons of football, but he went 24-0 Reg. Season.

Note -- Anyone that wants to claim any major differences in their HS competition levels,
needs to 'show their work' on who played the toughest opponents and their results.....

I was looking for him to de-commit before this, so this works out just as well....

Florida began to pursue Stokes during the summer after missing out on their top quarterback option in the class Jaden Rashada.
The Gators were able to pull Stokes away from his previous pledge to James Franklin and the Penn State Nittany Lions during the offseason.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando

4* OT Tyree Adams - LSU commit - OV to G'ville​

Dec. 2-4​

He got a chance to stop by the Swamp on April 5 shortly after he was offered and returned in early June for a second unofficial visit. Adams last made it to campus at the end of July for the recruiting cookout that followed the Friday Night Lights camp, and a planned official visit for the Utah game was changed after Florida set its visiting schedule.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/21/florida-football-recruiting-tyree-adams-official-vist/

December official visits scheduled for the Florida Gators​

Early Signing Period
December 21, 2022 through December 23, 2022

December 2nd weekend:

The first weekend for official visits will be December 2nd weekend and the Gators already have three visitors for the weekend setup.

LSU offensive line commit Tyree Adams has been committed to the Tigers since over the summer, but the lineman has stayed in touch with the Gators. Adams was high on Florida before announcing to LSU and the Gators will get their shot on the official visit.

Defensive tackle Jordan Hall has been a frequent visitor to Gainesville this year and now he will take an official visit to Florida in December. Hall has high interest in Georgia and Ohio State as well and he will be in Columbus this weekend for an official visit.

Still listed as uncommitted with UGA supposedly a heavy favorate. But after Ryan day's in school visit to Kayden McDonald & his commit, the Buckeyes are now closing fast on Hall as well.

Defensive back Desmond Ricks will take his first of three December official visits to Florida and the Gators are battling both Alabama and LSU for his signature. Ricks reclassified to the 2023 class and will announce his final decision on December 22nd.

December 9th weekend

The following weekend the Gators are scheduled to host five official visitors on campus including four commits.

Walker the only uncommitted & we NEED him; getting the last OV could be BIG !

UCF defensive tackle commit John Walker has been on campus for four games this fall and will return for an official visit on December 9th. This will be Walker’s fifth and final official visit before he signs a letter of intent on early signing day.

Visits not set yet

The following guys haven’t yet taken official visits to Florida yet but are expected too but at this time a date hasn’t been set yet.

Running back Mark Fletcher recently decommitted from Ohio State and the Gators and Canes are now the two teams to watch for the running back. Fletcher is signing early so expect him to visit on one of the two weekends.

Offensive lineman Caden Jones says he might not sign until February if he isn’t sure on a decision, but Jones says he does plan to take his official visit to Florida in December. Jones also plans to visit Texas A&M in December.

Offensive lineman Samson Okunlola was just on campus last week and he’s close to setting a return trip to Gainesville for an official visit. Okunlola has been a Miami lean for much of his recruitment, but the Gators have come on strong.

North Carolina linebacker Kaveion Keys says he will most likely take an official visit to Gainesville, but a date isn’t set yet. Keys has mentioned visiting both Florida and Texas A&m despite his commitment to the Tar Heels.

https://www.gatorcountry.com/featur...cial-visits-scheduled-for-the-florida-gators/

Last edited:

Gators in hot pursuit of 4-star JUCO IOL Keyshawn Blackstock​

Coffeville C.C. interior offensive lineman Keyshawn Blackstock is one of the most heavily recruited prospects in the Junior College ranks in the class of 2023. He's been a popular name this fall, and has raised his stock up to holding 44 offers to date from some of the top colleges in the country. The Florida Gators threw their hat into the ring back in early October, and since that offer, he's been in regular contact with both offensive line coaches, Rob Sale and Darnell Stapleton.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-JUCO-lineman-Keyshawn-Blackstock--198301648/

Reactions: Gator Fever
Last I saw, Napier & Gators had 22 commits.

With all the Transfer Portal Players leaving & the removal of the 25 recruits/year cap, Gators could sign close to 30 players - if Billy can convince enough good ones to call G'ville home for the next 4 years.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff from Jax
I won't have QB coaching faith until he coaches up QB's already on roster...
If this kid can't play, then why bother to get him to decommit / commit to UF?
Lying to a QB recruit, or an incompetent QB coach????
Anyone feel free to post the HS stats of any QB you want BN to recruit, HS or Xfer, for comparisons.....

MaxPreps HS Stats:

2020-21 Jr - 13 Gms (12-1)

Passing - 88 of 121 72.7% for 1,666 Yds, 18.9 Ave, 27 TD's, 6 Ints, QBR 133.7
Rushing - 154 for 992 Yds, 6.4 YPC, 13 TD's, 1 LPF.

2021-22 Sr - 14 Gms (13-1)
Passing - 167 of 235 71.1% for 2,750 Yds, 16.5 Ave, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
Rushing - 173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD's, 0 LPF

Combined Jr/St HS - 27 Gms (25-2)
Passing - 255 of 356 71.6% for 4,416 Yds, 17.3 Ave, 68 TD's, 10 Ints, QBR 141.3
Rushing - 327 for 2,335 Yds, 7.1 YPC, 33 TD's, 1 LPF
Total 2 Season Plays - 683 for 6,751 Yds, 101 TD's, 11 TO's

I won't have QB coaching faith until he coaches up QB's already on roster...
If this kid can't play, then why bother to get him to decommit / commit to UF?
Lying to a QB recruit, or an incompetent QB coach????
Anyone feel free to post the HS stats of any QB you want BN to recruit, HS or Xfer, for comparisons.....

MaxPreps HS Stats:

2020-21 Jr - 13 Gms (12-1)

Passing - 88 of 121 72.7% for 1,666 Yds, 18.9 Ave, 27 TD's, 6 Ints, QBR 133.7
Rushing - 154 for 992 Yds, 6.4 YPC, 13 TD's, 1 LPF.

2021-22 Sr - 14 Gms (13-1)
Passing - 167 of 235 71.1% for 2,750 Yds, 16.5 Ave, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
Rushing - 173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD's, 0 LPF

Combined Jr/St HS - 27 Gms (25-2)
Passing - 255 of 356 71.6% for 4,416 Yds, 17.3 Ave, 68 TD's, 10 Ints, QBR 141.3
Rushing - 327 for 2,335 Yds, 7.1 YPC, 33 TD's, 1 LPF
Total 2 Season Plays - 683 for 6,751 Yds, 101 TD's, 11 TO's
Do you have a crush on Maxine?

I'm still waiting for you to explain why you are hating on Max with personal attacks, (Maxine).
You certainly don't use any stats or facts to back up your position concerning him...

I'm still waiting for you to explain why you are hating on Max with personal attacks, (Maxine).
You certainly don't use any stats or facts to back up your position concerning him...
Kind of hard for me to believe you took something personal with all the stuff that you post. If you took it personal them I'm sorry that you feel that way.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Kind of hard for me to believe you took something personal with all the stuff that you post. If you took it personal them I'm sorry that you feel that way.
You missed the bus yet again TT. I don't GaS what you call anyone, I was just pointing out your crap. I don't know if it offends the board owner or Max, but if it does, it's them you'd need to apologize to...

You went there instead of answering the question about why you hate on Max, and why you can't back up your crap with any stats/facts...

Insta when Brown takes the field and shows he can play well then I will take notice. We will see what happens in 2023. If Rashada is the real deal and we get a proven veteran with one year of eligibility who wins the job then I wouldn't be surprised if Brown leaves after 2023.

ON3's Predictions have proven invaluable -
Rashada, McClain, Mauigoa, Bryant - so here is one more - LOL

Four-star quarterback DJ Lagway will announce his college decision on Wednesday, Dec. 7, and the Florida Gators are the overwhelming favorites to land him, according to the On3 recruiting prediction machine.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/202...l-recruiting-dj-lagway-prediction-commitment/
yup, he has been a member of our RedZone. You might want to check that out

Reactions: PacoGator19

Avery Helm will enter transfer portal​

Florida Gators sophomore defensive back Avery Helm will enter the NCAA Transfer Portal, sources told Gators Online. Helm cannot officially enter the transfer portal until December 5.

A class of 2020 signee, Helm was a consensus four-star prospect who chose the Gators over Texas, Texas A&M, TCU and Arizona.

https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...e-back-avery-helm-will-enter-transfer-portal/
I had high hopes for Helm while at UF. Best of luck to him wherever he lands.

Gonna miss Torrence. Only wish he had at least another season in Gainesville.

Possible Transfer QBs

I don't see Rashada or any True FR stepping in & being successfull in his 1st year.
I don't know enough to evaluate the QBs on hand.
IMO (FWIW - LOL) we need an EXPERIENCED & TALENTED transfer QB.

In 1 week, the face of college football rosters will begin to drastically change with the official opening of the NCAA transfer portal.

The portal opens on Dec. 5, and is open for 45 days until Jan. 18, 2023. Once the portal closes, a player cannot enter the portal again until the next 15-day period (May 1-15).

Key word: official.

Because when you’re talking about transfer players of impact — specifically, the critical quarterback position — there is no start date.

“There are schools making deals with (quarterbacks) at other schools right now,” a Power 5 coach told me this week. “This is the (NIL) world we live in.”

As of today, only 1 quarterback of significance has declared: former Boise State starter Hank Bachmeier, who announced in late September his intention to transfer.

Bachmeier only played 4 games this year; 2022 can therefor be considered a RS year. Don't know his academic status - he may have already graduated which might give him 2 years of eligability.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/hank-bachmeier-1.html

Boise Career-Comp-536 ATT-871 %-61.5 YDS- 6,605 TDs-41 INT-19 Rating-136

DJ Uiagalelei, Clemson

The skinny: Has played much better this season than given credit for (27 total TDs, 6 INTs), and has done so with a distinct drop in talent/production from Clemson receivers and the offensive line over the past 2 seasons.

Is he an elite player? Probably not. But he’s a quality starter who may just have his best season when he gets away from Clemson. The Tigers are stacking up 5-star quarterbacks, and someone has to go.

Stats - https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/dj-uiagalelei-1.html

CareerClemson
Comp-513 Att- 856 %- 59.9 YDS-5,671 TDs-36 Int-17 Rating-125.5

Sam Hartman, Wake Forest

The skinny: A wildly underrated career at Wake Forest, Hartman needs 4 TD passes to be the ACC’s all-time leader at 108. He’ll be 24 years old by the time next season begins, and if he doesn’t leave for the NFL, will be the most coveted QB transfer in the 2023 class.

Throws a beautiful, catchable ball and is a fiery leader. The perfect combination for a program desperate for leadership and talent at the position.

The perfect fit: Florida.

Posted Hartman's stats previously, but here is a link if you want to review -
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/sam-hartman-1.html

Hartman - Career Wake Forest 3 soph years ?
Comp-921 Att-1561 %-59.0 YDS-12,687 TDs-107 Ints-40
Rating-144.8

Unlike Oklahoma, Gators have NEVER had a QB Transfer that worked out !

Hoping that will change this year !

Last edited:
We are definitely going after a transfer portal QB this off-season. We will see how Kitna does in the bowl game as I’m expecting AR to opt out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT