ADVERTISEMENT

Dawgs running out the clock to preserve 10-3 victory over Clemson

Honestly, I’m not impressed by either of them. I expect Clemson will drop at least a couple. I expect uga will drop a couple they shouldn’t. Least impressive battle of top 5 teams I’ve seen in a long time. Neither of them are playoff worthy rn

Dawg in Iraq;

not much offense for either team; but this latest edition of the JYD (Junk Yard Dawgs) looked pretty good !

Edit: per ESPN front page -

"Georgia's defense tallies seven sacks against Clemson"
I watched more of that game than ours. My take is that Clemson is reloading and took a huge step back in doing so. Anymore, national caliber teams rely on a top tied QB and a stellar defense. Clemson has a decent defense but took 5 steps back in QB generalship. He looked like a deer in the headlights. I have no love for Clemson but Lawrence or Trask would have shredded them like fine cheddar.

Clemson has issues on offense but they likely aren’t going to lose to anybody else. Their schedule is terrible and the ACC is terrible. They shouldn’t make the playoffs even if they win out IMO.

And the Georgia players won with such class

This is why they will fall short

They get a nice win to go, wait for it, 1-0. But they think the season is over and they are champions.
They are a good team that will lose 2-3 games

Period

But they are national champions in their minds by beating Clemson in week one after Clemson lost their number one draft pick QB

I watched more of that game than ours. My take is that Clemson is reloading and took a huge step back in doing so. Anymore, national caliber teams rely on a top tied QB and a stellar defense. Clemson has a decent defense but took 5 steps back in QB generalship. He looked like a deer in the headlights. I have no love for Clemson but Lawrence or Trask would have shredded them like fine cheddar.
This is true. Uigeleilei looked lost, but Daniels didn’t look much better. Clemson took a huge step backward and I’m not sure uga took a step forward at all. They might make the playoffs since they get some breaks with the schedule, but they aren’t a serious title contender. Neither of these teams are, tbh. This was the least impressive top 5 matchup I’ve seen in a long time. Even blowouts show how good one team is. This game just showed how overrated both of them are.

They get a nice win to go, wait for it, 1-0. But they think the season is over and they are champions.

Period

But they are national champions in their minds by beating Clemson in week one after Clemson lost their number one draft pick QB
They have some major talent but they are going to need a better passing game to get over the hump.

I hope Richardson has some starts under his belt by that game. If he does we should have a clear advantage at QB.

I'd like your opinion on which teams (other that the Gators) you think will beat Georgia? Prior to this game, the pundits were unanimously saying that Clem had the best DL in the country. The betting line had them as 3 point favorites. They managed one sack of JT Daniel. DJU was considereed to the next #1 pro pick. He was sacked seven times and gave up a pick 6. His team could only manage 2 total rushing yards and 3 total points. UGA missed one field goal and was with easy range of another when the clock ran out. OC Todd Monken had a pretty good gameplay that expected Clem to play man to man. Instead, they played zone. Monken answered that by taking what they gave him. Most of JT's passes were short ones. I understand opponents thinking UGA has no offense based on this game. However, Georgia was without three 5 star starters on offense (Washington, Gilbert and Pickens). Teams typically make the most improvement between games 1 and 2. Georgia has UAB next week and I expect offensive improvement. BTW, the Richardson kid looked good for you.

Last edited:
I'd like your opinion on which teams (other that the Gators) you think will beat Georgia? Prior to this game, the pundits were unanimously saying that Clem had the best DL in the country. The betting line had them as 3 point favorites. They managed one sack of JT Daniel. DJU was considereed to the next #1 pro pick. He was sacked seven times and gave up a pick 6. His team could only manage 2 total rushing yards and 3 total points. UGA missed one field goal and was with easy range of another when the clock ran out. OC Todd Monken had a pretty good gameplay that expected Clem to play man to man. Instead, they played zone. Monken answered that by taking what they gave him. Most of JT's passes were short ones. I understand opponents thiking UGA has no offense based on this game. However, Georgia was without there 5 star starters on offense (Washington, Gilbert and Pickens). Teams typically make the most improvement between games 1 and 2. Gorgia has UAB next week and I expect offensive improvement. BTW, the Richardson kid looked good for you.

Not sure on our chances until we see what happens with the QB situation.

As far as who I think is capable of beating the leghumpers at this point and it not being an upset I would say Bama, OSU, Texas A&M and Oklahoma. I would pick those teams until Georgia shows they have a decent passing game.

They are already selling national championship rings and Tshirts in atHens. Apparently those inbred butthole lickers forgot that Alabama still exists and that they have a mediocre head coach.

The sad part for Georgia this year is that they KNOW this is their last chance. Now that EVERYONE is allowed to pay their players, not just UGLY, Kirby Smart has lost his one and only advantage against everyone else. When every other team can offer the same paycheck to the recruits that Kirby can, only with better chances at championships and better prospects at making the NFL, his talent is going to dry up and then he'll be revealed even for the UGLY fans for the mediocre Buch Jones type of coach that he really is.

They know this is their one last chance before they are stuck with Coach Beaver Cleaver for the next 15 years just like they had with Mark Richt and no hope in hell of sniffing a national title. The worst part is, those of them that have more teeth than fingers are well aware that Alabama still exists and is going to pound the ever living snot out of them if they meet up in the post season.

Period

LOL... where are you getting that?

Funny thing is JT Daniels still had more yards passing (and better stats) than Emory Jones did. I'd say both teams need to fix some things offensively.
I’m not sure Emory was a pre season heisman candidate. That said, Richardson might have had the best qb performance I saw all weekend. And sorry, but Daniels didn’t look good at all. He did look better than ugaleilei but that’s very faint praise. almost every qb I saw this weekend did.

• Haha
Reactions: GwinnettDawg
I'd like your opinion on which teams (other that the Gators) you think will beat Georgia? Prior to this game, the pundits were unanimously saying that Clem had the best DL in the country. The betting line had them as 3 point favorites. They managed one sack of JT Daniel. DJU was considereed to the next #1 pro pick. He was sacked seven times and gave up a pick 6. His team could only manage 2 total rushing yards and 3 total points. UGA missed one field goal and was with easy range of another when the clock ran out. OC Todd Monken had a pretty good gameplay that expected Clem to play man to man. Instead, they played zone. Monken answered that by taking what they gave him. Most of JT's passes were short ones. I understand opponents thinking UGA has no offense based on this game. However, Georgia was without three 5 star starters on offense (Washington, Gilbert and Pickens). Teams typically make the most improvement between games 1 and 2. Georgia has UAB next week and I expect offensive improvement. BTW, the Richardson kid looked good for you.
dawgs didn't score an offensive TD. Clemson looks like they took a major step back.

Reactions: ih8f$u
Funny thing is JT Daniels still had more yards passing (and better stats) than Emory Jones did. I'd say both teams need to fix some things offensively.
Actually Emory had better stats. More total yards of offense and had a TD. Yes UGA played a better defense but your statement is not completely factual.

It's not likely we beat you, or even give you a real game unless we see some dramatic improvement in several areas. The secondary, again, has huge holes all the time that we can only disguise by getting to the QB, which we aren't going to do against teams with good OL's, which is to say, good teams. Also, we need to get effective QB play. Jones stared at his WR's all day. UGa DB's will feast if that continues. This is my biggest problem with Jones. 4th year guys should be better. If he can't get that figured out quick, may as well move to the 2nd year guy, who also stares at his WR's but makes more chunk plays.

My biggest hope after that showing we gave against a lousy FAU team is that UGa reverts to earlier form and just craps the bed against us. I miss those days.

Makes sense because QBs typically are evaluated for their passing skills
Actually they are typically evaluated for their overall QB skills, i.e. pocket presence, arm strength, accuracy, leadership. Man, I need to charge you doggies for your online education I give you...

Not sure on our chances until we see what happens with the QB situation.

As far as who I think is capable of beating the leghumpers at this point and it not being an upset I would say Bama, OSU, Texas A&M and Oklahoma. I would pick those teams until Georgia shows they have a decent passing game.
Our WRs were freshmen and RS freshmen. Burton is a soph. and was the only WR to have (27) more than 5 reception last season. Our leading receiver vs. Clemson was Freshman TE Bowers. JTD was literally throwing to receivers with zero game experience.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Our WRs were freshmen and RS freshmen. Burton is a soph. and was the only WR to have (27) more than 5 reception last season. Our leading receiver vs. Clemson was Freshman TE Bowers. JTD was literally throwing to receivers with zero game experience.
Isn't that what good coaching is suppose to be about? Has anyone seen Kirby lately???

Reactions: ih8f$u
I guess he's doing alright. He's 8-1 against Dabo, Riley, Fisher, Brian Kelly and Mullen.
Dabo in a weak year.....Kelly sucks....Charles Nelson Riley was an actor, Fisher is a nole....whateva....And Mullen he lost to. Where is Saban's name???

Why is this the case every year? How do you never have any experience at receiver?

Where it is with 99.9% of coaches.
Your sauce is weak here brother.
You have to admit Smart has to win it all to get over the hump. Even a win over Saban in the SECCG wouldn't be enough though it would be a nice step. I say that because his recruiting on paper has matched Bama for some years now. and he already won the SEC. As of now I doubt he pulls it off unless I see Georgia have a decent passing game.

You have to admit Smart has to win it all to get over the hump. Even a win over Saban in the SECCG wouldn't be enough though it would be a nice step. I say that because his recruiting on paper has matched Bama for some years now. and he already won the SEC. As of now I doubt he pulls it off unless I see Georgia have a decent passing game.
When you speak of Georgia and their passing game, all I can think of is the last great QB they had in the past 50 years was Eric Zeier, and try not to bring up Matt Fatfford. He was no better than any of the Georgia QBs' who succeeded him.

Reactions: Gator Fever
When you speak of Georgia and their passing game, all I can think of is the last great QB they had in the past 50 years was Eric Zeier, and try not to bring up Matt Fatfford. He was no better than any of the Georgia QBs' who succeeded him.

Murray wasn't too bad but think he lost in his SECCGs. Thinking he was their QB when Driskel found all kind of crazy ways to turn the ball over despite our defense shutting him down that game. He had some big passing games those years he started however.

Zeier was really good. But how can you say Stafford wasn't? he was a #1 draft pick and won the same number of natty's and SECC's that Zeier did. David Greene and Aaron Murray both had a boatload of stats as well. And I know that doesn't mean anything in the big picture, but because a team doesn't win a title does that mean all the players suck?

Zeier was really good. But how can you say Stafford wasn't? he was a #1 draft pick and won the same number of natty's and SECC's that Zeier did. David Greene and Aaron Murray both had a boatload of stats as well. And I know that doesn't mean anything in the big picture, but because a team doesn't win a title does that mean all the players suck?
I think Smart is your issue wanting to play early Bama Saban ball still. Who is the OC now?

Zeier didn't have 1/8 the talent that those other QBs had, especially an offensive line, where Zeier had to run for his life for all 4 years. Fatfford was a clearly overrated QB as we can all see he didn't accomplish squat in the NFL, and a certified bust as the #1 draft pick. It was No Show Moreno who carried that Dwag team in 2007. I also remember MusDump was his teammate.

Where it is with 99.9% of coaches.
Your sauce is weak here brother.
True, the sauce is water based. I didn't figure a need for it to be stronger. Your claim to the recruiting throne has merit. Congrats on that. But till your boys actually accomplish a Natty, any bs stats you toss out there is easily doused with water only, as they are just empty stats. You scored 3 offensive points against Clemson. You won. Whoopee shit..

• Haha
Zeier didn't have 1/8 the talent that those other QBs had, especially an offensive line, where Zeier had to run for his life for all 4 years. Fatfford was a clearly overrated QB as we can all see he didn't accomplish squat in the NFL, and a certified bust as the #1 draft pick. It was No Show Moreno who carried that Dwag team in 2007. I also remember MusDump was his teammate.
Stafford a bust? Based on what? Super Bowls? them there's a ton if that's the criteria. You know he played in Detroit, right?

Boom was whose teammate?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT