ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Mullen

Michi_Gator

Rowdy Reptile
Nov 18, 2009
have always opposed him as a potential hire. Watching MSU tonight, not so sure he wouldn't do OK at UF. Team plays hard and offense moves the ball. Has recruited some nice defenders too.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
1. The guy is such a douche that Miami didn't want him. He is not liked by Florida.

2. On the plus side, numbers would be coaching at Florida.

Reactions: TNGatorBrad
Mullen has gotten much better as an X and O guy, much better. He was pretty young at UF so maybe that had something to do with it. And then there were the folks who said Urban interfered with the offense. And after seeing his offense at Ohio St. I'd have to say I agree. Because Mullen is/has been very aggressive at MSU and he develops QB's.

Mullen has gotten much better as an X and O guy, much better. He was pretty young at UF so maybe that had something to do with it. And then there were the folks who said Urban interfered with the offense. And after seeing his offense at Ohio St. I'd have to say I agree. Because Mullen is/has been very aggressive at MSU and he develops QB's.

The play calling I am seeing in this MSU game is excellent. 37-7, I mean I don't see us putting up 37 on LSU in 3 quarters

You guys get defensive too easily.

All I said was that he rubbed a lot of important people the wrong way at Florida.

And I think we can do better.

You guys get defensive too easily.

All I said was that he rubbed a lot of important people the wrong way at Florida.

And I think we can do better.

I don't disagree with either of those statements. My point was I was definately against him all along but I could deal with it now. Danny, who would be your top choices at this point?

I don't disagree with either of those statements. My point was I was definately against him all along but I could deal with it now. Danny, who would be your top choices at this point?

Brohm is interesting.

I've really cooled on Fleck...I've got this weird feeling that there's something not right with the guy.

I think Chip would be successful scheme wise but I have questions about his attitude (to recruiting and the boosters).

Lincoln Riley would be great in my opinion but I think we've missed the train on him.

I know I bring him up in these situations but Fedora really could do big things here. The guy has been successful everywhere he goes and seems to have a pretty firm grasp on running and righting even a broken program to go along with his solid schematic acumen. I don't see him coming here though. Which is disappointing.

Brohm is interesting.

I've really cooled on Fleck...I've got this weird feeling that there's something not right with the guy.

I think Chip would be successful scheme wise but I have questions about his attitude (to recruiting and the boosters).

Lincoln Riley would be great in my opinion but I think we've missed the train on him.

I know I bring him up in these situations but Fedora really could do big things here. The guy has been successful everywhere he goes and seems to have a pretty firm grasp on running and righting even a broken program to go along with his solid schematic acumen. I don't see him coming here though. Which is disappointing.

Yeah, I have questions about Fleck too. Really wonder how the elite kids would respond to him. I think the whole Chip recruiting thing is overplayed as both Spurrier and Harbaugh carried that label too. The attitude with boosters is interesting though, hadn't thought of that. I mean Nebreaska basically hired Mike Reilly to fix that after Pellini destroyed the relationship with boosters.

I am not anti-Fedora, because all your points are valid. Brohm is intriguing, especially if he has an average Big 10 season because Purdue has been a joke forever.

It is hard to imagine an arrogant head coach ever having success at Florida...oh wait...
the little schools MSU, UK and Vandy all have coaches cutting their teeth and showing they can coach. Yesterday MSU v LSU was impressive. LSU has 5 times the number of NFL players. I don't care if Orgeron is a fraud or not...that was an a** kicking.

1. The guy is such a douche that Miami didn't want him. He is not liked by Florida.

2. On the plus side, numbers would be coaching at Florida.

This says it all .. dude is an A$$ and has burned some bridges but is a very good coach. He would do really well at a place like FSU or UF in that he is very smart, experienced and very confident.

He knows he has burned bridges and has matured a lot and is pretty close to getting a chance to move on. Winning overcomes a lot of issues and if he was at Uf the team might to 10-2

I've talked extensively about MSU's improvement we would see going into this season..

Don't talk bad about Mullen, he holds my future. That's my fam

Reactions: TNGatorBrad
I have no issue with people saying they don't want Mullen because he burned bridges and is an ass. But keep in mind, other guys who were/are known as asses: Saban. Meyer. Spurrier. Harbaugh. Chip Kelly. Brian Kelly. Dantonio.

And, again, no issue with not wanting him. But realize Mac is not in his ****ing neighborhood when it comes to being a HBC. He has forgotten more about offense and QB development since his game last night than Mac and Nuss combined will ever know. Look at our offensive talent, he would have a top 20 offense, not hovering around 100. He has the worst recruiting job around as both Bama and Ole Piss pay NFL money for players.

Hate him or love him, he would fix this shit show in a hurry

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT