ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Mullen Recruiting!!!!

Dan already added this DL'man to the 2018 roster....

DE Adam Shuler II 6-4 270 - Longwood, FL (WVa Grad-xfer)

The Gators are scheduled to host a pair of official visitors this coming weekend:
4-star OG Keiondre Jones 6-4 315 (Hogansville, Ga.)
4-star TE Ethan Rae 6-5 240 (Orange, Calif.)
Both of whom took trips to Gainesville during spring ball.

While I certainly wouldn't mind getting both of them in the 2019 class, if I had to choose one, we need that OG more....

Dan already added this DL'man to the 2018 roster....

DE Adam Shuler II 6-4 270 - Longwood, FL (WVa Grad-xfer)

Yeah...way better than an athletic 6'7" 255 guy that if he for some reason converted to that position (i don't think he will) would obviously gain more weight to play it, would be a bad thing?

You're such a weird dude.

Oh oh! Let me guess! "No reason to read blah blah blah"

TE Krull 6-7 255 4.45/40 - Shawnee, Kan
2015 HS Sr - 52 for 745 yds, 14.3 yds/rec, 13 TD's.
=====

Hey FSU-numbers....
5 Star FSU commit visiting UF/DBU.... CB Akeem Dent - W.Palm Bch, FL
I wonder why? Did he take a field trip around tallycrappy, or did they take him out on Ron Zook Field to watch their Cheerleaders graze? :eek: --- :D --- :p
=====

4 Star WR Mycah Pittman 6-0 185 - Calabasas, Calif
He is rumored to be close to committing with UF apparently leading.
His Top 5 are: UF -- UA-tOSU-Neb-Ore
=====

OG Melvin McBride 6-4 315 - Memphis, TN
He now has UF in his Top 5 -- TN-SCa-UL-Cin.
He's supposedly a 3 star, but with 24 offers.
UGA-LSU-MsSt-Miz-Ms-aTm-VU -- Clem-FSU-Ore-N.C.
Those are some pretty sweet offers for just a 3 star.... :rolleyes:
=====

2018 QB Emory Jones 6-2 195 EE is signed and in class.
2019 QB Jalen Jones 6-3 205 EE says he is 100% committed to Dan/UF.

2020 QB Anthony Richardson 6-4 215 (likely EE) is fast becoming a fixture around UF with repeated visits. One of the fastest rising prospects in the 2020 class is Gainesville Eastside QB Anthony Richardson. The strong armed, quick-of-foot signal caller spent Wednesday at Florida’s camp getting coached up by head coach Dan Mullen and QB coach Brian Johnson. We caught him on camera in action. “I just like it here,” he said when asked about all the visits since he was offered by Dan a little over a month ago. “The coaches, the players, everything is just nice.

~ iG is glad to see Dan/staff working the local kids in. (Whittenmore & now Richardson)
It's very early yet for a 2020, but Dan and Brian got their feet in the door first and he at least likes them and UF.

Nobody is really leading at the moment according to the young man. “Not really,” he said. “Just still waiting really and looking around.” Richardson says that there is something that stands out about Florida compared to the other places he’s been. “Really the coaching,” he said. “That stands out the most to me. They’re more hand on and more focused with (the players).”

Last edited:
Schmuck-nole babbling, with a buttsniffer eye-rollin',,,, on the Gator's board.... :cool:

So it's 'Talking Season' (SOS) and everything is as it should be,,,, I guess. :rolleyes:

In a crappy 4-7 season, UF was still #11 in the NCAA for average attendance at 86,715.
While bowl bound 7-6 FSU was #20 in the NCAA with an average attendance of 70,943.

Eight (8) SEC Teams with a better attendance average than the FSUcks criminoles:
#4 UA
#5 aTm
#6 LSU
#7 TN
#9 UGA
#11. UF
#13 AU
#16 SCa
=======

Will that new guy in tallycrappy be providing the crab legs for 2018?
Not sure how long that lasts with 3 Star Dan, though.

Reactions: nail1988
Mullen seems to be getting some good transfers. How they work out will be interesting.

The reason Gator fans need to be concerned is because of the early signing period.

I personally hate it, but it locks down a lot of guys you could flip going into next year.

Being ranked 31st going into July is not good. Only 10 commits , which is actually a good thing because he has time to fill out the class with higher ranked guys.

Some of the " top ranked " schools are almost filled up and most are 3 stars ( Miami).

Mullen has work to do . We'll see if he's a closer or not.

I am not in full panic mode yet but did see a write up that made a pretty good case that you will usually know if you will have a top class at these SEC schools by Aug 1st and that Mullen is lacking now compared to our rivals and other SEC teams and he only has a short time to get it on track probably. I hope he does because the 2nd class is where you show what type of recruiter you are at a place like UF.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Not that there isn't cause for concern, but 2009 was the last time this team was worth watching on both ends of the ball....so a lot of these kids have basically spent half their life viewing Florida football as monkeys fornicating with pigskins and a program that is on their 5th (maybe 6th depending on when they were born) headcoach in their lifetimes.

Not the easiest sell right now.

With only days to recruit, Dan signed 13 recruits on the 1st ESD on Dec. 20th.
QBdt Emory Jones ****
TE Kyle Pitts ****
SS/OLB Amari Burney ****
FS/CB Trey Dean ****
RB Dameon Pierce ****
To get things started....

Then on NSD he added a few more decent recruits....

WR Jacob Copeland ****
DEss Malik Langham ****
OT Richard Gouraige ****
DEws/OLB Andrew Chatfield ****
WR Justin Watkins ****
OLB David Reese ****
RB Iverson Clement ****
And another half dozen high quality (see offers list) 3 stars. o_O
==========

Unfounded moronic opinions: (brain-freeze-criminole and the nailed-head dust-bowl-choker)--- 'But now that he's had some time to settle in and establish himself, and now with a full coaching staff on deck, he is sure to do much worse on ESD and NSD'.... :rolleyes:
============

They will again be master magicians (disappearing acts) on the 2 signing days, just like always... :cool:

So, why do they harp incessantly about the current class ranking, which is different at every service? Because they want to avoid the reality of his first class, which doesn't fit in with their brain-dead version of reality. It's a common thread in all of their rival-troll postings...:confused:

Not that there isn't cause for concern, but 2009 was the last time this team was worth watching on both ends of the ball....so a lot of these kids have basically spent half their life viewing Florida football as monkeys fornicating with pigskins and a program that is on their 5th (maybe 6th depending on when they were born) headcoach in their lifetimes.

Not the easiest sell right now.

No excuse at a place like UF with so many top recruits in FL IMO. If the coach is a good recruiter he will bring in a good 2nd class. Mac showed he wasn't a good recruiter with his 2nd class here.

With only days to recruit, Dan signed 13 recruits on the 1st ESD on Dec. 20th.
QBdt Emory Jones ****
TE Kyle Pitts ****
SS/OLB Amari Burney ****
FS/CB Trey Dean ****
RB Dameon Pierce ****
To get things started....

Then on NSD he added a few more decent recruits....

WR Jacob Copeland ****
DEss Malik Langham ****
OT Richard Gouraige ****
DEws/OLB Andrew Chatfield ****
WR Justin Watkins ****
OLB David Reese ****
RB Iverson Clement ****
And another half dozen high quality (see offers list) 3 stars. o_O
==========

Unfounded moronic opinions: (brain-freeze-criminole and the nailed-head dust-bowl-choker)--- 'But now that he's had some time to settle in and establish himself, and now with a full coaching staff on deck, he is sure to do much worse on ESD and NSD'.... :rolleyes:
============

They will again be master magicians (disappearing acts) on the 2 signing days, just like always... :cool:

So, why do they harp incessantly about the current class ranking, which is different at every service? Because they want to avoid the reality of his first class, which doesn't fit in with their brain-dead version of reality. It's a common thread in all of their rival-troll postings...:confused:

He closed alright but that wasn't a top class and was small numbers wise. I don't hold a first class against a coach however as its the 2nd class that tells what you have as a recruiter usually.

Dan's 1st short class was already better (and higher ranked) than Mac's 2nd class. ;)
=====

No recruiting,,, 3 star Dan.... :rolleyes:

A new Gator receiver that ran a 4.47/40 in HS, but he's slowed way down to 4.55/40 (-0.08) now. (bummer) :oops:

But he has increased his vert by 1.5 inches, so that's something I guess. And he does have a little size to him, at 6-8 255 with that 4.55/40 and a sky-hook vertical. :eek:

But of course he's WAY outta shape, because he's been training to throw his 98 mph fastballs. :eek:

Still, he got that plus 1.5 vert after doing 5 sets of squats with 365 Lbs. o_O (he's rumored to be a weight room monster)

I don't know if he can play football or not,,, prolly not, since he was recruited by 3 star Dan.... :cool:

No excuse at a place like UF with so many top recruits in FL IMO. If the coach is a good recruiter he will bring in a good 2nd class. Mac showed he wasn't a good recruiter with his 2nd class here.

I'm not really disagreeing, but I think you have to factor in the things I brought up.

Not only has Florida been mediocre to bad in the last 8 years, we've pored that with absolutely dismal offense and an overall boring (damned near hard to watch) bran of football in those 8 years.

Yes. Recruiting doesn't hinge upon that, but it certainly makes it more difficult.

You used the word "good" a couple of times. THats what I think Mullen is as a recruiter. Not great. BUT if the team shows life this year, that will to a long way to helping.

You don't have to be a GREAT recruiter at Florida....not really....but the damned near decade long hole we've dug ourselves into doesn't help.

And let's also be fair here....Dan Mullen isn't a "sexy" hire to most 17 year old kids. That's just kind of what it is. If Scott Frost were here, kids would have a lot more interest because he's new and fresh and exciting right now.

That's just how this works sometimes, even if that's unfair.

I have pretty strong faith in Mullen. And I think the results on the field will show that, and recruiting will boost, but right now? I'm not surprised that kids aren't fired up about coming here.

Don't discount negative recruiting.

Thesis: Let's see what happens in the fall and if that turns things around.

He's apparently done with baseball and moving on to football. He says that the physical training is very different for the 2 sports (LHP vs TE).

But wait, I was told that 3 Star Dan can't recruit quality players, only bums that nobody else wanted.... :rolleyes: --- UF had its work cut out if they hoped to pull him out of the midwest and land his commitment.

Mizzou, KSt, Maryland and others have been recruiting him hard. I mentioned here that he was being recruited by UF back early in June after reading about him. I seem to remember some troll here saying that UF had no chance of getting him... :p

#1 JuCo TE Lucas Krull 6-7 255 ****
- Shawnee, Kan (#3 overall - 3/50)
Juco Grad that still has 3 years of eligibility to play football.
=============

Edit Note: Just for fun.... :D

Per 247 Composite Recruit Rankings for JuCo's:

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege

Univ of Florida
#1 JuCo TE Lucas Krull 6-7 255 **** - 3/50
Juco Grad that still has 3 years of eligibility to play.

Tennis-sea
#2 JuCo TE Dominick Wood-Anderson 6-5 245 **** - 10/50 .

UF also took the #5 OT - 22/50

Tennis-sea took the #6 OT - 23/50

While Tennis-sea had to take a total of 4, trying to fill all their roster holes... :cool:
#2 WDE - 14/50
#7 DT - 18/50

Choker OU got the #1 OT - 4/50, but he was from Ok City, so home cookin' there... :rolleyes:

You back to making up your own stats again Instantfraud?

Here's ESPN's TOP 50 JUCOs from the 2018 class. You ALWAYS swear by ESPN.

UT has the #1 TE,
the #2 DE after pulling the commit from the #1 DE Dorian Gerald as did South Carolina when he tried to commit to them. So he wound up at Arky. Something was amiss as he looked good on film. Character issues perhaps? Gerald will play DT in college. Too slow for DE.

#7 DT and #5 OT who fell from #3 because he got injured and will likely miss this season and have to be red shirted.

Ain't a Swampmullet on the list and that fat OT that the Land Thieves got is the #3 OT. Not #1. TCU got the #1 and LSU got the #2. H`e is too fat and too slow for P-5 OT. SDE's will eat him up. He will play OG and play nose up on DTs.

3* Danny didn't land a SINGLE member of the 2018 TOP 50 Jucos:oops:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...s/_/class/2018/view/juco/sort/rank/order/true

As for the 2019 JUCO TOP 50, UT has the #1 MLB and the #3 DT ( Former East Tennessee TE who can still run)

Not a single Swampmullet listed in the 2019 TOP 50 JUCOs either.:eek:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...errankings/_/view/juco/sort/player/order/true

Last edited:
He closed alright but that wasn't a top class and was small numbers wise. I don't hold a first class against a coach however as its the 2nd class that tells what you have as a recruiter usually.
I would have to strongly disagree and say Mullen did a great job closing in last years class.

Emory Jones, Trey Dean, Andrew Chatfield, Jacob Copeland, Justin Watkins, Malik Langham and John Huggins is pretty darn impressive. All guys that committed to Dan Mullen and staff.

Reactions: Michi_Gator
I see on my ignored that both of the bopsie twins (one and the same, Mad-Dog-dollie and the dunny-goater) are mouthing off yet again.
Hope they are jerkin' each other, because I'm not wasting time on them here,,, or anywhere else very often. :cool:

I see on my ignored that both of the bopsie twins (one and the same, Mad-Dog-dollie and the dunny-goater) are mouthing off yet again.
Hope they are jerkin' each other, because I'm not wasting time on them here,,, or anywhere else very often. :cool:

Kicked your lying arse again. Wearing out my toes kicking you. Just like Irish wears out the back of his hand where he bitch slaps you.

I think the most concerning thing to me is actually what MSU is doing. For the longest everybody said you can’t recruit top classes to Starksville and I still believe that’s mostly true. But they’re sitting on a top 10 class right now and Moorehead has zero connections to the southeast. He came from a small school up north before going to Penn St. He has every excuse in the book to be behind in recruiting and they’re ahead of us somehow. I think that’s showing that while there’s a ceiling on MSU’s recruiting Mullen might just not have been a great recruiter either. Which is fine because we know he can coach, problem is the talent on this team is as low as it’s been in a while and it’s gonna take elite recruiting to dig out.

Dan's 1st short class was already better (and higher ranked) than Mac's 2nd class. ;)
=====

No recruiting,,, 3 star Dan.... :rolleyes:

A new Gator receiver that ran a 4.47/40 in HS, but he's slowed way down to 4.55/40 (-0.08) now. (bummer) :oops:

But he has increased his vert by 1.5 inches, so that's something I guess. And he does have a little size to him, at 6-8 255 with that 4.55/40 and a sky-hook vertical. :eek:

But of course he's WAY outta shape, because he's been training to throw his 98 mph fastballs. :eek:

Still, he got that plus 1.5 vert after doing 5 sets of squats with 365 Lbs. o_O (he's rumored to be a weight room monster)

I don't know if he can play football or not,,, prolly not, since he was recruited by 3 star Dan.... :cool:

Not according to Rivals now but Mac's 2nd class was also subpar.

I think the most concerning thing to me is actually what MSU is doing. For the longest everybody said you can’t recruit top classes to Starksville and I still believe that’s mostly true. But they’re sitting on a top 10 class right now and Moorehead has zero connections to the southeast. He came from a small school up north before going to Penn St. He has every excuse in the book to be behind in recruiting and they’re ahead of us somehow. I think that’s showing that while there’s a ceiling on MSU’s recruiting Mullen might just not have been a great recruiter either. Which is fine because we know he can coach, problem is the talent on this team is as low as it’s been in a while and it’s gonna take elite recruiting to dig out.

Yep with our rivals getting the top talent it will take more than coaching to get out of this hole we are in. There was a reason Spurrier had a losing record to FSU and it surely wasn't his coaching ability. Heck I have see some good arguments 95 and 96 were the only years we truly matched FSU in the talent department under Spurrier.

Yep with our rivals getting the top talent it will take more than coaching to get out of this hole we are in. There was a reason Spurrier had a losing record to FSU and it surely wasn't his coaching ability. Heck I have see some good arguments 95 and 96 were the only years we truly matched FSU in the talent department under Spurrier.

Taggart is doing well but we are not as far ahead as some thi k. We are very thin and weak at o line and linebacker. Our Qb situation is not great either. We are stacked at RB, DB, and DL. The only position that is a wait and see is WR. Supposedly we have a few new guys who are balling out but i dont trust that until i see it.

The gators need a good qb. If you get that, you will be conpetitive. I think Georgia is far ahead of us and they are ahead of you as well. They are a machine right now. If they had a qb who didnt wet his pants last yr they would have won easily

I would have to strongly disagree and say Mullen did a great job closing in last years class.

Emory Jones, Trey Dean, Andrew Chatfield, Jacob Copeland, Justin Watkins, Malik Langham and John Huggins is pretty darn impressive. All guys that committed to Dan Mullen and staff.

I disagree looking at Florida since the 80s especially prior to Mac's substandard recruiting. Not saying it wasn't a decent job coming in late but it wasn't some great class on paper and Mullen came in sooner than most new coaches do giving him a jump on that stuff.. I agree most don't get good classes the first year however so its not a big deal right now. Mullen has no excuses for this class and needs to deliver especially looking at what our rivals are doing right now and even the lowly school he came from like mentioned above.

Only Arkansas, KY, Vandy and Missouri from the SEC trail us in the recruiting rankings now.

Last edited:
Taggart is doing well but we are not as far ahead as some thi k. We are very thin and weak at o line and linebacker. Our Qb situation is not great either. We are stacked at RB, DB, and DL. The only position that is a wait and see is WR. Supposedly we have a few new guys who are balling out but i dont trust that until i see it.

The gators need a good qb. If you get that, you will be conpetitive. I think Georgia is far ahead of us and they are ahead of you as well. They are a machine right now. If they had a qb who didnt wet his pants last yr they would have won easily

QB always makes a big difference in college but we are a year away there at least I would think. Yep if Georgia's recruits live up to their rankings there shouldn't be a big dropoff there this season.

Who is FSU's starting QB this season? That Starvin Marvin looking QB?

What little class rankings matter, doesn't happen until NSD and LOI's are in the books.
Then it's which ranking service fits your own prejudices.
Finally, class quality is never known until 3-4 years after they arrive at a school, if then.

I'm not going to really judge Dan/staff for 2-3 years.
Talk about yes, and all the time, but judge their overall job, no.

Mullen's first 3 OL for the 2019 class as a small example:

#12 OT Ethan White 6-5 315 **** - ESPN Top 300 - Clearwater, FL
~ Rivals NR *** - Offers UF, Neb, N.C, Pitt, UL, USF, WVa

#16 OG Riley Simonds 6-4 324 - *** - 247 - Buford, GA - 23 Offers
ESPN #33 OG *** - Offers: UF, UA, AU, LSU - Mia, Neb, VaT etc.
~ Rivals #20 OG *** -- All 3 are 3 stars, but with 4 star quality offers....

#34 OT Wardrick Wilson 6-5 311 **** - 247 - Doral, FL - ESPN NR
~ Rivals #33 **** - UF, MsSt, Miz, UK - Mich, Neb, NCSt, USF

==========

The #12 OT 4 star at ESPN, is the #46 *** at 247 ~ and NR at Rivals
Solid consistency always.... :rolleyes:

While at 247, the #16 OG is a 3 star, while the #34 OT is a 4 star, go figure. :cool:
They are not even consistent in-house with themselves.... :confused:

===========

Rivals NR OT Ethan White 6-5 315 *** - Clearwater, FL-
However, he's an ESPN #12 OG **** and Top 300

OT Jawaan Taylor 6-5 334 *** 5.5 - No Ranking by Rivals
Fr All SEC by Coaches, ESPN All SEC Bowl Team.
Then he was voted a consensus All American, and he's been a 2 year starter.
Or would you rather have another 4 Star like a Tyler Jordan? :cool:

QB always makes a big difference in college but we are a year away there at least I would think. Yep if Georgia's recruits live up to their rankings there shouldn't be a big dropoff there this season.

You are not responding to the post anyone with any more knowledge about FSU than any other Florida resident.

fsu8675309 is Instantgater operating under an alias.

You probably know as much as he does( until he runs to their web site, a site like this one where he was formerly banned from, to glean any info to try to keep this charade continuing..)

If it is the 6'7" 140 Ethiopian, then i hope he gets broken in half so Francois can start.

You are not responding to the post anyone with any more knowledge about FSU than any other Florida resident.

You probably know as much as he does( until he runs to their web site, a site like this one where he was formerly banned from, to glean any info to try to keep this charade continuing..)

Yeah... This man KNOWS whats going on lol

Reactions: instaGATOR

Oh good lord will you please stop with that?

Yeah... This man KNOWS whats going on lol

Obviously.

Reactions: fsu939913
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT