ADVERTISEMENT

D’Eriq King to Oklahoma or LSU...

vs. Kyle Trask in the playoffs or in the Swamp...

that would be awesome...

Sad,

Good pick up !

King has obviously changed his mind. Originally, he was going back to Houston for SR year.

"...Houston quarterback D'Eriq King will sit out the remainder of the 2019 season and take advantage of the NCAA's four-game redshirt rule but plans to return to play for the Cougars as a fifth-year senior in 2020, he said in a statement issued on Monday afternoon.

King clarified his intent in remarks posted to the football program's official Twitter account.

"I came here to play football for the University of Houston and that's not changing," read King's statement. "After carefully thinking through this process with my family and Coach (Dana) Holgorsen, I have decided the opportunity to redshirt this season gives me the best chance to develop as a player, earn my degree and set me up for the best success in the future. I'm looking forward to being a part of the success of this program going forward."

A second Houston senior, wide receiver Keith Corbin, issued a similar statement: "Having the opportunity to take time and focus on the completion of my degree, plus having the chance to develop as a student-athlete is why I have decided to redshirt for the remainder of the 2019 season."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ing-houston-redshirt-and-transfer/2421911001/

According to the transfer portal; King is immediately eligible.

Corbin not currently listed in Transfer Portal.

This article lists nine possible destinations; since author never states he has talked to King, IMO, he created the list himself ?

In addition to LSU & Oklahoma, he added Arkansas, Miss State, & Miami among others,

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...-Miami-Oregon-Arkansas-136031426/#136031426_1

Be interesting to see where King ends up !

Especially if your hypothetical match-up with Trask comes off !

Last edited:
Glad GA didn't get him. People seem to think the LSU backup is pretty good so not sure what he will do but a Trask matchup in that game would be interesting.

I watched King a couple times this year and wasn’t that impressed. He’s a good athlete and can make some plays. I’d be surprised if LSU and OK don’t have better options on their roster already. If you’re trying to get drafted, playing qb for Dana Holgorsen isn’t a bad way to do it. Something weird going on there, right? I’ve never seen a healthy starting qb just red shirt in the middle of the season.

Glad GA didn't get him. People seem to think the LSU backup is pretty good so not sure what he will do but a Trask matchup in that game would be interesting.
To my knowledge, Georgia was never interested nor was he in them. He's dual threat is he not? Georgia wants a statue for a QB who basically will make the decision to hand off to their stable of RBs or toss the ball to very wide open receivers on safe passing plays. Dual threat QB's are not their game, which is the real reason they gave up Fields over Fromm. Fromm is the more sit in the pocket and knit a scarf before passing the ball kind of guy which is suited to them, Fields has to move about and be fast to be effective.

To my knowledge, Georgia was never interested nor was he in them. He's dual threat is he not? Georgia wants a statue for a QB who basically will make the decision to hand off to their stable of RBs or toss the ball to very wide open receivers on safe passing plays. Dual threat QB's are not their game, which is the real reason they gave up Fields over Fromm. Fromm is the more sit in the pocket and knit a scarf before passing the ball kind of guy which is suited to them, Fields has to move about and be fast to be effective.
I'm sure we'll hear from UGA fans about their other 15* players that are coming in...greatest team in 900 years of football.

I would have liked him at UGa. They would have put in zero running plays for him and told him to stay in the pocket. Because, Georgia.

Apparently he liked his stay at the Ritz Carlton , dinner at Prime 112 and late night at the Wharf .

They (Miami fans) were talking about that he had to be paid something to go somewhere. I guess that means LSU was good with their backup QB taking over and Arkansas boosters weren't willing to put up much money if Miami won the bidding war.

He was promised the turnover chain

Reactions: PacoGator19
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT