ADVERTISEMENT

COVID19: The Tiny Pandemic That Could

gator1776

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2011
Perspective is an amazing thing. The media and the opposition in an election year has turned coronavirus into a pandemic of epic proportion‘s. However, looking at it purely as a scientist, it is one of the smallest pandemics in the history of virology.

Just looking at pure numbers
Worldwide General Population Mortality Rate 0.0125%
United States Gen POP Mortality Rate
0.052%

By Comparison
1918 Influenza
Worldwide 2.5% Gen Pop Mortality Rate
US 0.65% Gen Pop Mortality Rate

I mean I’m no math major but doesn’t that make the current pandemic 100 times less deadly than what they like to compare it to sometimes?

So why is it being touted as the worse Pandemic ever, buy some, and wouldn’t these numbers argue that the response was outstanding considering? Just curious. I realize it’s all political hyperbole :)

Let’s also keep in mind that 60% of businesses that were forced to close because of coronavirus or now reported to have closed permanently. Was the hysteria worth it? Even if you double these numbers is still a tiny pandemic. But will those jobs come back anytime soon?

Last edited:
0.052%

Looking at these two numbers alone any person of average IQ can tell you that our 200,000 deaths claim is utter and complete horse poo.

I know some in America hate everything about America but does anyone, referring to people who can control their own drool, really believe that our mortality rate is more than 4 times greater than the world average? Seriously?

Perspective is an amazing thing. The media and the opposition in an election year has turned coronavirus into a pandemic of epic proportion‘s. However, looking at it purely as a scientist, it is one of the smallest pandemics in the history of virology.

Just looking at pure numbers
0.052%

By Comparison
1918 Influenza
Worldwide 2.5% Gen Pop Mortality Rate
US 0.65% Gen Pop Mortality Rate

I mean I’m no math major but doesn’t that make the current pandemic 100 times less deadly than what they like to compare it to sometimes?

So why is it being touted as the worse Pandemic ever, buy some, and wouldn’t these numbers argue that the response was outstanding considering? Just curious. I realize it’s all political hyperbole :)

@BSC911 @Nolec @bradleygator

Not off the top of my head. Swine Flu killed 18k Americans, CDC has reported that roughly half as many have died FROM covid.
I’d say COVID19 is reasonably responsible for 120-130K US deaths. Don’t get fooled by either side in this debate. Even with comorbidities factored in, COVID19 still caused the death. I just don’t think the US numbers are accurate

I’d say COVID19 is reasonably responsible for 120-130K US deaths. Don’t get fooled by either side in this debate. Even with comorbidities factored in, COVID19 still caused the death. I just don’t think the US numbers are accurate

But in Ghost's head 18K is a bigger number than 120+k. He's HOODWINKED

If a person has stage four lung cancer and is undergoing chemo treatment and then gets covid and dies, they didn't die from covid, they died from the fact that their immune system was weakened due to chemo.

They died WITH covid. But died FROM cancer. A common cold could have killed them at that point.

Media doesn't explain this because they need to keep the sheep like @Nolec and @sadgator scared to death.

Covid just sped up the inevitable death, right? Wouldn't call it a Covid death. Therefore under 10,000 US deaths from Covid.

If a person has stage four lung cancer and is undergoing chemo treatment and then gets covid and dies, they didn't die from covid, they died from the fact that their immune system was weakened due to chemo.

They died WITH covid. But died FROM cancer. A common cold could have killed them at that point.

Media doesn't explain this because they need to keep the sheep like @Nolec and @sadgator scared to death.
Well, no actually that’s not correct. The leading cause of death or the primary cause of death is whatever the doctor put on the death certificate. I have pronounced at least 20 coronavirus patients and the cause of death I put down for every one of them was actually COVID-19 infection. All 20 would likely still be alive today if not for COVID19, though many would have died from something else w/in the next 2-5 years.
Primary on death certificate , that’s how it’s counted. But I do think they inflate the numbers in other ways. But unless you are a coroner or physician I’m not going to excessively debate this with you because I know more about it than you do.

Last edited:
Covid just sped up the inevitable death, right? Wouldn't call it a Covid death. Therefore under 10,000 US deaths from Covid.

Not remotely true. I suppose all deaths are inevitable in that perspective so you can claim everyone died naturally? I have had one of the comorbidities for 20 yrs.- hypertension. It has been treated easily and well for that period and into the future. If I died from the virus next week , the death cert, would state covid as cause of death, but would list high blood pressure as a comorbidity. If I totaled my car and died from auto impact, the hypertension still shows as comorb. but I died from the wreck.

See above

It is just as dishonest to not call a real COVID19 death a COVID19 death when it is as it is to go back and reclassify 20k NYC deaths as COVID19 deaths with no proof of infection.

What is true is those who die from COVID19 are much less healthy and, therefore, more susceptible to dying when they get COVID19 or any bad pulmonary infection

Both sides cook the numbers

Fact remains, at the highest numbers, very mild pandemic handled well overall

Well, no actually that’s not correct. The leading cause of death or the primary cause of death is whenever the doctor put on the death certificate. I have pronounced at least 20 coronavirus patients and the cause of death I put down for every one of them was actually COVID-19 infection. All 20 would likely still be alive today if not for COVID19, though many would have died from something else w/in the next 2-5 years.

And you just perfectly explained how easy it is for activist doctors to fudge the numbers.

You say many would have likely died from something else within 2-5 years.

Which means they had underlying health issues. Remove those underlying health issues and the covid doesn't kill them. Does it?

That's the difference from dying with vs dying from.

This is just common sense.

Not remotely true. I suppose all deaths are inevitable in that perspective so you can claim everyone died naturally? I have had one of the comorbidities for 20 yrs.- hypertension. It has been treated easily and well for that period and into the future. If I died from the virus next week , the death cert, would state covid as cause of death, but would list high blood pressure as a comorbidity. If I totaled my car and died from auto impact, the hypertension still shows as comorb. but I died from the wreck.

That's the difference between dying WITH covid vs dying FROM covid. Incredible that so many people don't get this. I suspect it's intentional cause they are so married to their desired narratives.

Don’t get lost in the strawman.

Let’s not forget the other this is a very mild pandemic by the numbers historically, what do you say about that? Either we’ve done a really good job with it or it’s just a mild pandemic and not worth the hysteria people make out of it.

And you just perfectly explained how easy it is for activist doctors to fudge the numbers.

Which means they had underlying health issues. Remove those underlying health issues and the covid doesn't kill them. Does it?

That's the difference from dying with vs dying from.

This is just common sense.
Dude, 🤣🤣 if you think There are that many activist doctors on the planet that are pro anything like socialized medicine I’ve got some swampland I’m dying to show you that I’ll sell to you real cheap

Dude, 🤣🤣 if you think There are that many activist doctors on the planet that are pro anything like socialized medicine I’ve got some swampland I’m dying to show you that I’ll sell to you real cheap

They don't even have to be activist. In April, Scarf Queen advised doctors all across the country to state the cause of death as being covid even IF the person died from something else BUT had covid at the time of death. You effectively verified that you have been doing this as well.

This is why major causes of death this year have fallen, almost by the precise same amount as equals the number of claimed covid deaths.

I learned long ago never to argue with ideologues on either side, waste of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
I learned long ago never to argue with ideologues on either side, waste of time.
But thank you for your input. Its EXACTLY and Factually correct.

It gets tedious with Ghosts semantics and Nolec's mendacity in threads like these.

As you said many of these people with underlying conditions would be alive except that they got COVID and some of the numbers are wrong because covid was not the primary cause of death even though it was listed.

And as pandemics go its not the plague or anywhere near it.

Thanks again for putting the proper perspective and accuracy on this.

Yes it most likely does. Regardless the 2-5 years you state is not based on facts ( unless for the first time Ghost has proof). Show us who are these "activist doctors" and account for the thousands of them needed to make a huge impact on the 200K deaths from Covid.

But thank you for your input. Its EXACTLY and Factually correct.

It gets tedious with Ghosts semantics and Nolec's mendacity in threads like these.

As you said many of these people with underlying conditions would be alive except that they got COVID and some of the numbers are wrong because covid was not the primary cause of death even though it was listed.

And as pandemics go its not the plague or anywhere near it.

Thanks again for putting the proper perspective and accuracy on this.

You claim I lie? Any proof or just a perception you have?

Never doubt 76 because unlike almost all of us idiots on here he has watched this virus kill and seen the hysteria first hand. Nolec and the port side of this ship are using this to confirm their derangement over Trump. If Biden were now president he is of the group that would claim hundreds of thousands of lives were saved and we should live in basements for a couple of years. As 76 so accurately stated zealots on either side are not worth arguing with because the only way to change their mind would be to allow 76 to do a frontal lobotomy. As WC Fields so accurately stated and who I agree with...”I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy”

I

Often via omission, spouting leftard talking points that have been discredited multiple time here , etc. You can claim its my perception if it makes you feel better about it. :)

So your claim is I lie mostly by omission, because you have no example of my lying. Then you tip your hand by saying I repeat "leftard" talking points that are lies. Again you have no examples? What it seems you are saying is that I present facts that support positions you disagree with, so they must be lies but you can't prove it.

So your claim is I lie mostly by omission, because you have no example of my lying. Then you tip your hand by saying I repeat "leftard" talking points that are lies. Again you have no examples? What it seems you are saying is that I present facts that support positions you disagree with, so they must be lies but you can't prove it.

Not a single poster here ever has your back on anything.

No, he said you present "facts" that are often debunked while ignoring facts that are inconvenient to you.

Like him, I don't have links for you nor do I care enough to hunt them down for you. If I were willing, it's unlikely that it would sway you anyway...so why would anyone bother?

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT