ADVERTISEMENT

COMPETENCY

I will admit.... The rager and butter tooth were jokes... Mullen may or may not succeed, but to me he is the first "real" head coach you guys have had since UM that has a chance to succeed. Jury is still out on recruiting but he is a hell of a gameday coach. Imagine if you could morph him and swag Tagg.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadgator
I do give Mullen credit for pointing out when something isn't up to standards and not worrying about hurting the players feelings.

Mac had players like Franks telling reporters he had improved during the season after that GA beatdown and we dont even have to go into Del Rio's arrogant talk.

Reactions: sadgator
Somebody here never bought into Franks, or any of the 3 retreads,,, but I don't seem to remember who that was... :cool: ---- :D

Not sure how the current Jones will work out but the 2019 class Jones definitely looks the part when watching him at camps etc.

Way too soon to judge Emory yet, but if not at QB, he can still help the team at another position later on down the road. He's a good kid and he has some athletic talent to do other things if QB doesn't work out for him. Another Toney WR type wouldn't be a bad thing imo. He played both ways in HS (DB).
======

#13 QB-dt Jalon Jones 6-4 205 4.45/40 at Elite-11 **** Baltimore, MD.
Offers: UF Hard Commit - UA, MsSt, Miss, TN - UL, Ore, tOSU MichSt, VaT.

Highlights Only - Like camps that rivals uses for their ratings.

ESPN uses actual game film to make their recruit evaluations.
Good plays, bad plays, mediocre plays, broken plays, dropped balls, etc.

IMO, their actual game film is the better way to go about it, but each to his own...

Last edited:
Coming further down the road is this one.

QB-dt Anthony Richardson 6-3 213 HS Soph - 2020 Class

Sophomore season highlights at QB. He's also a T.Grimes quality WR.
Lightening quick delivery and can throw it 20 yds on a rope with just a flick of his wrist.
A solid Local kid (Eastside - Gainesville), with sky's-the-limit potential.
Why I chose UF -
http://gridironnow.com/gators-2020-qb-commit-anthony-richardson-explains-what-lead-him-to-uf/

Soph Season Highlights

Lol now we're judging a true freshman in his first couple fall practices and prognosticating that he might switch positions.

Jesus Christ.

Reactions: PlutoDroid
He appears to be much more organized & structured then the last 2 guys we’ve had. I especially love the focus back on STs as well.

'We're going to be the best special teams unit in the country'
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- "We're going to make sure everyone in the program is invested in special teams, every player understands the importance of it," said Florida head coach Dan Mullen. Mullen knows how important special teams can be - he saw his Gators in 2006 win a National Championship riding off of a special teams group that blocked eight kicks. :eek:

https://florida.rivals.com/news/we-re-going-to-be-the-best-special-teams-unit-in-the-country-

=========

Special teams a focus for Dan Mullen
GAINESVILLE, Fla.-- Watch any Florida practice and you can see a drastic change. I'm not talking about the 'energy' or the 'physicality', I'm talking about special teams.

https://florida.rivals.com/news/special-teams-a-focus-for-dan-mullen

Trask and/or Franks had better light it up in 2018.
Otherwise, they will both be history quicker than last week's mullet-wrapper....

QB-dt Emory Jones 6-2 199 Fr (2018)

Wildcard - (2018)
QB-dt Jaylin Jackson 5-8 171 Fr - Ath-WR-RB-CB-KR

QB-dt Jalon Jones 6-3 200 - HS Sr (2019)

QB-dt Anthony Richardson 6-4 205 - HS Jr (2020)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT