ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching changes once again

gatordad3

Bull Gator
Sep 18, 2011
Now will he take that step?

David Shaw has resigned at Stanford and I hear the USF fans want Deion Sanders. It could come down to FAU or USF, although it's reported Colorado is making a push for Prime Slime. I also hear his dream job is at FSU. @fsu939913???

Now will he take that step?

David Shaw has resigned at Stanford and I hear the USF fans want Deion Sanders. It could come down to FAU or USF, although it's reported Colorado is making a push for Prime Slime. I also hear his dream job is at FSU. @fsu939913???

I don't care where he goes as long as it's not fsu. He's such a weirdo.

I'd be surprised if he takes either of those jobs tbh, he thinks very highly of himself and probably thinks Bama wants him once Saban is done

I'd be surprised if he takes either of those jobs tbh, he thinks very highly of himself and probably thinks Bama wants him once Saban is done
I heard the same thing about Lame boy, who is supposedly waiting for Saban to leave. If Deion can turn things around at either FAU or USF, he may get offers at some P5 schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu939913
Dad,

Doesn't Stanford have academic qualification for their HFC ?

Don't you have to be intelligent enough to communicate with your players ?
Yeah, academics at Stanford are more important than collegiate competition. So, I can't see them hiring a dim bulb like Deion who never once entered a classroom at Felony Sex University.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Possibly, but he is from Fort Meyers so the warmer climate may play a role towards him possibly headed to Tampa or Boca Raton. FSU is his dream job.
Understand, but he is at Jackson State, certainly a Mid-Major at best. He's not close to assuming the coaching duties at FSU. IMO

IMO, this is a great hire. I actually wanted him to replace Musdump.

Now we'll see how hard up Liberty will be to pursue Primo Eddie.

Reactions: Countygator1
Only the lisp speaking Desmond Howard would be stupid enough to say this. He even trashed Meyer and UF during his tenure at UF. If you asked me, I'd take Ryan Day as a HC.

And could this be where Meyer finishes his career?

@Gator Fever? @sadgator?
Ryan Day is kinda a coattail rider (IMO). But, at least he's not harassing coeds and female staff members.

• Haha
Reactions: TennesseeGator
Kiffin Leverages Auburn's Interest into Huge Pay Increase
https://www.espn.com/college-footba.../new-coach-freeze-confident-auburn-end-result
Auburn hires Freeze, so Kiffin didn't leave Ole Miss - but he Damn Sure played it for all it was worth !

Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin was also at the forefront of Auburn's search and somebody school officials talked to. But Kiffin said last week he was staying at Ole Miss and has since signed a new deal that will pay him $9 million annually to go 8-4 !

Sources told ESPN that Auburn talked to more than 15 coaches about the job -

Merry Christmas to all 15 from The Loveliest Village on the Plains !

Yes that is a good question. Could Ryan Day take a program that is down and build it up? That we don’t know. That’s much different then being handed a keys to a Ferrari and just keep it running which is what he inherited
Valid point but we (board, not directly me and you) did bring up this point numerous times when speaking of Lincoln Riley.

Right now that answer on Riley is "yes".

Valid point but we (board, not directly me and you) did bring up this point numerous times when speaking of Lincoln Riley.

Lincoln Riley brought over his likely Heisman winning QB with him and plays in a crap conference. He immediately inherited the most talented team in that conference minus maybe Oregon. You yourself even said a very good QB can make all the difference in the world which is 100% factual.

Riley is a very good coach and great building an offense and developing a QB. But he’s a wuss and very smart for his own benefit as he didn’t want anything to do with the SEC. He basically said as much with his opposition of OU entering. The guy just went to the easiest place to recruit and win without much competition. Simple as that. I give him credit for being very wise but I think he’s “soft”

Lincoln Riley brought over his likely Heisman winning QB with him and plays in a crap conference. He immediately inherited the most talented team in that conference minus maybe Oregon. You yourself even said a very good QB can make all the difference in the world which is 100% factual.

Riley is a very good coach and great building an offense and developing a QB. But he’s a wuss and very smart for his own benefit as he didn’t want anything to do with the SEC. He basically said as much with his opposition of OU entering. The guy just went to the easiest place to recruit and win without much competition. Simple as that. I give him credit for being very wise but I think he’s “soft”
I agree he is soft but he took over a Corvette left by Stoops and kept it running. Sold it and went to a Bentley and restored it better than the previous owner.

But agree. He is soft.

Reactions: Nicktheslick

Lincoln is a great offensive-minded coach, but I question whether he was/is an NFL elite-type coach. It was rumored at one time Dallas wanted to hire him.

Lincoln is a great offensive-minded coach, but I question whether he was/is an NFL elite-type coach. It was rumored at one time Dallas wanted to hire him. One more item, after watching tOSU several times this year Day's offense is not that difficult to defend compared to LR's.

I'm with fsu on this. I don't want Deion at FSU. The focus would be on him and not the team/university.

Hmm! All this money for a coach who has a 47-43 collegiate record while having an 11-27 record in the NFL. Rhule did manage to lure Marcus Satterfield from the Cocks to take over as OC at Nebraska. I'd probably think twice before working under a dip$chiitt like Trev Alberts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT