ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches poll top 25 released...

The coaches are disrespecting this Gators football team. Clemson is too high I think. No Tenn love like many other polls.
Clemson's offense may be suspect (though plenty of talented athletes), but their defense should rival the best defenses across the land, barring injuries. I only state this because they should win every conference game in the weak ass ACC.

Reactions: Gator Fever

The coaches are disrespecting this Gators football team. Clemson is too high I think. No Tenn love like many other polls.

I'm not sure how you can blame them for "disrespect" after.....

A 6-7 record last year
Unproven players
Some questions on offense/defense
Bad culture needing changing
A first year HC

At this point, what should they respect to put UF in the top 25? The name?

Take off the rose tinted glasses.

It will be great if UF does well, but people are making decent rankings to not include UF before they've played a single game.

If UF goes 3-0....than yeah...put them in the top 25. Let them show something first.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you can blame them for "disrespect" after.....

A 6-7 record last year
Unproven players
Some questions on offense/defense
Bad culture needing changing
A first year HC

At this point, what should they respect to put UF in the top 25? The name?

Take off the rose tinted glasses.

It will be great if UF does well, but people are making decent rankings to not include UF before they've played a single game.

If UF goes 3-0....than yeah...put them in the top 25. Let them show something first.

Because it was our team checking out under the coach just like in 2017. The coaches can see we have the talent of a top 25 team and that Richardson has crazy upside potential.

Because it was our team checking out under the coach just like in 2017. The coaches can see we have the talent of a top 25 team and that Richardson has crazy upside potential.

Lots of teams have talent, dude. We've literally made fun of fsu for doing less with more for years.

Hopefully, UF doesn't follow suit, but you can really only point to Richardson(which even he isn't proven yet) at this point in time. That should be proof you're overly excited.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Lots of teams have talent, dude. We've literally made fun of fsu for doing less with more for years.

Hopefully, UF doesn't follow suit, but you can really only point to Richardson(which even he isn't proven yet) at this point in time. That should be proof you're overly excited.

No most teams don't have the recruiting base talent we have. It will be about # 10 or so in the country with the talent composite this season. I can show you many cases where these voters didn't leave talented teams out of the top 25 the next season because they fell apart the season prior.

No most teams don't have the recruiting base talent we have. It will be about # 10 or so in the country with the talent composite this season. I can show you many cases where these voters didn't leave talented teams out of the top 25 the next season because they fell apart the season prior.
I’d just as soon they disrespect us. Better to have a chip on your shoulder than to be overconfident.

Nah - we won like 6 games last year and have 100% install on O and D. We should start outside the top 25.
GBO,
agree strongly

Obviously Napier's installs give us, as Charlie Weiss former ND head coach said -

A Decided Schematic Advantage - right ?​

"You are what your record says you are."​

Bill Parcells 1987 & 1991 Super Bowl winning HC

Lets be honest no proven talent on this Gator team, new staff, Richardson 0-1 as a starter, etc, etc.

Richardson has the curse of potential - if he stays healthy; but he hasn't proven anything. If he goes down, we are screwed.

If we had such great talent why did we implode last year ?

Napier's system not proven at SEC level of competition.

1st four games will tell us where we stand. IMO, we go 2-2 & end up 7-5.
TAMU & UGA not happening this year.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando

NCAA Football Preseason Rankings 2022: Expert Reactions to Coaches Poll Top 25​

Others Receiving Votes in the Coaches Pre-Season Poll

UCF higher rated than UF
; of course the Knights beat the Gators in the Gasparilla Bowl.

Houston, the No. 25-ranked program, received 257 points.

Iowa 248; Penn State 246; Tennessee 163; Brigham Young 152; Louisiana State 143; Auburn 98; Central Florida 55; North Carolina 34; San Diego State 25; Fresno State 21; Mississippi State 19; Florida 17; Utah State 12; Air Force 12; UCLA 10; Boise State 10; Appalachian State 10; Minnesota 6; South Carolina 5; Kansas State 4; Iowa State 3; Army 3; UL Lafayette 2; Southern Methodist 2; Purdue 2; Oregon State 2; Coastal Carolina 2; Texas-San Antonio 1; Louisville 1; Florida State 1.

Last edited:

FSU has not finished better than 7 wins(after a bowl) since 2017. Their recruiting rankings since 2016 has always been in the top 25, with several times in the top 10. (Source 24/7 sports).

Fsu is just but one example, but definitely not the only case.

However, we, or anyone else, perceives as top talent it doesn't mean it automatically equates to on-field success.

Hopefully we do have success....great success....but there's no garuntee. Let them earn it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff from Jax
For the first time in forever UK is actually preseason ranked.

giphy.gif

FSU has not finished better than 7 wins(after a bowl) since 2017. Their recruiting rankings since 2016 has always been in the top 25, with several times in the top 10. (Source 24/7 sports).

Fsu is just but one example, but definitely not the only case.

However, we, or anyone else, perceives as top talent it doesn't mean it automatically equates to on-field success.

Hopefully we do have success....great success....but there's no garuntee. Let them earn it.

FSU did have a real high composite for some years but they had consecutive poor seasons while we were a dangerous team the previous season to 2021.

FSU did have a real high composite for some years but they had consecutive poor seasons while we were a dangerous team the previous season to 2021.

And the reason why they had poor seasons, despite the high recruiting classes was because of the coaching decisions, lack of discipline, and being turnover prone......all problems which UF struggled with last year.

We are hopeful that changes this year with a new coach, because IF it doesn't....then it won't matter how much talent we have. Talent alone will not get UF in the SECCG, especially not when teams like UK and UT are on the uptick and OU(assuming they get put in the East) is coming soon.

And the reason why they had poor seasons, despite the high recruiting classes was because of the coaching decisions, lack of discipline, and being turnover prone......all problems which UF struggled with last year.

We are hopeful that changes this year with a new coach, because IF it doesn't....then it won't matter how much talent we have. Talent alone will not get UF in the SECCG, especially not when teams like UK and UT are on the uptick and OU(assuming they get put in the East) is coming soon.

With Napier's organization and work ethic short of injuries decimating us this team is set up for good things as long as Richardson is the real deal. UK and UT don't have the talent we have this season. I think on paper we are set up much better for success this season than in 2023 even if the QB situation was the same both seasons. I don't think Napier's recruits will start paying off big time until the 2024 season.

ADVERTISEMENT