ADVERTISEMENT

CNN Calls for a Solution to the OAN and Newsmax Problem

So you’ve decided to start a war if AT&T stops carrying Newsmax or OAN?

Liars lie....it's what you do.

First off, he didn't say he would start a war.

Second, no one said if AT&T stops carrying ______. If an authoritarian regime disallows _____ from carrying _____, then the assault on American freedom has already begun, no?

Why doesn't any of this bother you? You do realize that if the government is allowed to do these things to others that they will be allowed to do them to you too.

I don't get what you don't get.

So you’ve decided to start a war if AT&T stops carrying Newsmax or OAN?
Are you willing to start a war over censoring these networks? Remember doing business in America is a privilege not a right. You’re required to offer equality even with the smelly rednecks at like Walmart And Olive Garden.

Last edited:
Liars lie....it's what you do.

First off, he didn't say he would start a war.

Second, no one said if AT&T stops carrying ______. If an authoritarian regime disallows _____ from carrying _____, then the assault on American freedom has already begun, no?

Why doesn't any of this bother you? You do realize that if the government is allowed to do these things to others that they will be allowed to do them to you too.

I don't get what you don't get.
It doesn’t bother them for a few reasons.

1. None of the authoritarianism hasn’t hit home. So far, all they’ve done is take away freedoms from conservatives. Once the authoritarianism starts to take away the things that interest them or freedoms that they take for granted, the bulb will go on and the mouse in the wheel will start to turn.

2. Some people are just plain dumb and have no problem adapting to the “changes”

Reactions: HeartpumpOB

1. None of the authoritarianism hasn’t hit home. So far, all they’ve done is take away freedoms from conservatives. Once the authoritarianism starts to take away the things that interest them or freedoms that they take for granted, the bulb will go on and the mouse in the wheel will start to turn.

2. Some people are just plain dumb and have no problem adapting to the “changes”
There's a solution for all of this if Congress had a sack (which they don't). Start busting up these monopoly/vertical chain oligopolies where not only software platforms are monopolized but also the hardware (Iphone and android) are censored by the ****tard left. There is no competition for these assholes, no where to run to. That's patently illegal. It's the very antithesis of free market capitalism.

Reactions: clay18
There's a solution for all of this if Congress had a sack (which they don't). Start busting up these monopoly/vertical chain oligopolies where not only software platforms are monopolized but also the hardware (Iphone and android) are censored by the ****tard left. There is no competition for these assholes, no where to run to. That's patently illegal. It's the very antithesis of free market capitalism.
Normally, I’m all for letting the market dictate the futures of companies, especially when there is competition. However, when the purge of Parler and conservative voices started, I’d be all in favor of teaching these companies and board of directors a very hard lesson.

I think we can agree that the Constitution gives us our foundation as a society and that these companies have clearly violated our first amendment, I’d be all in favor if seizure of assets and dissolving these companies to teach every single corporation out there that they are not bigger than We The People nor our Constitution.

Normally, I’m all for letting the market dictate the futures of companies, especially when there is competition. However, when the purge of Parler and conservative voices started, I’d be all in favor of teaching these companies and board of directors a very hard lesson.

I think we can agree that the Constitution gives us our foundation as a society and that these companies have clearly violated our first amendment, I’d be all in favor if seizure of assets and dissolving these companies to teach every single corporation out there that they are not bigger than We The People nor our Constitution.
I believe in private businesses controlling the landscape of their products. What I don't believe in is allowing them to gobble up all known competition to keep everything under their tent. That's why I say break them up. Hello, Ma Bell called and wants her forced spinoff's back. :)

I have Roku. Its got Newsmax, OAN plus( not live), and Americas Voice for free. I dont need ATT, Comcast or Verizon. I pay for BlazeTV for Mark Levin and Steve Deace. I am using the streaming service Philo @ $20/mo

Currently use local United Comm. for internet.

I see nomad net or starlink in my future.

Been planning on this for sometime.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
I have Roku. Its got Newsmax, OAN plus( not live), and Americas Voice for free. I dont need ATT, Comcast or Verizon. I pay for BlazeTV for Mark Levin and Steve Deace. I am using the streaming service Philo @ $20/mo

Currently use local United Comm. for internet.

I see nomad net or starlink in my future.

Been planning on this for sometime.
Two residences here. One near Jax Beach, one on the gulf coast. Jax Beach, cut the cable cord 5 years ago. Have local channels via digital antenna, NetFlix, and Amazon Prime. Gulf place we have internet and about 120 cable channels........CHEAP! Locally owned provider. What's hilarious is MSNBC and the ACC Network are shunned and not included. 😂

Reactions: gator1776
What am I missing? Is the government forcing AT&T to drop NewsMax and OAN? Is CNN the government? Were you this outraged when the government sued CBS over Janet Jackson’s wardrobe malfunction or when they pressured ClearChannel to dump Howard Stern?

I will grant that it seems inappropriate for a CNN employee (I assume) to be pressuring companies into dropping competitors’ channels. I wouldn’t be surprised if this backfires on him. Btw, isn’t this the guy who doxed Tucker Carlson’s head writer a few months ago?

I believe in private businesses controlling the landscape of their products. What I don't believe in is allowing them to gobble up all known competition to keep everything under their tent. That's why I say break them up. Hello, Ma Bell called and wants her forced spinoff's back. :)

Isn’t breaking up tech giants a common position from the Democrats?

It’s confusing how Trumpers seem to waffle back and forth between laissez-faire capitalism and populist regulation.

What am I missing? Is the government forcing AT&T to drop NewsMax and OAN? Is CNN the government? Were you this outraged when the government sued CBS over Janet Jackson’s wardrobe malfunction or when they pressured ClearChannel to dump Howard Stern?

I will grant that it seems inappropriate for a CNN employee (I assume) to be pressuring companies into dropping competitors’ channels. I wouldn’t be surprised if this backfires on him. Btw, isn’t this the guy who doxed Tucker Carlson’s head writer a few months ago?

You answered your question in the first sentence with your second paragraph. It's censorship, plain and simple.

Paint it as no big deal if you like but this sort of thing is happening right now and it NEVER should. This douche wants to expand the scope...but what if it was happening to him? What if CNN had been "deplatformed" because they kept referring to violent riots as mostly peaceful protests?

It’s confusing how Trumpers seem to waffle back and forth between laissez-faire capitalism and populist regulation.

Isn't protecting the 1st amendment also a Democratic principal? You guys would be losing your minds if this was being proposed for an entity that was pro-left. Now that is a waffle.

WTF? You failed Econ 101 and 102. Monopolies are the bane of free trade and capitalism. Are you a liberal arts major or something? 😂 What is "populist regulation"? China needed to be put in check, they steal our shit on a daily basis and give back nothing but cheap quality products made with slave labor.

You answered your question in the first sentence with your second paragraph. It's censorship, plain and simple.

Paint it as no big deal if you like but this sort of thing is happening right now and it NEVER should. This douche wants to expand the scope...but what if it was happening to him? What if CNN had been "deplatformed" because they kept referring to violent riots as mostly peaceful protests?

You were talking about spilling blood and violence and referring to it as authoritarianism. I don’t agree with this guy’s actions, but I think that’s a bit of an overreaction.

To be honest if you don’t realize that CNN is basically now the government since the Democrats are in charge then you are either intentionally obtuse or just foolish. You should be afraid of either side having that much control over the media narrative. Just like you liked my post about misinformation and groupthink this is the exact same thing here. And realize that the people that owned things like AT&T also have ownership steaks in things like CNN.

Last edited:

By then it’ll be too late.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
You were talking about spilling blood and violence and referring to it as authoritarianism. I don’t agree with this guy’s actions, but I think that’s a bit of an overreaction.

I was talking about spilling blood or was I trying to figure out a way to avoid it?

The overreaction, as you noted, is this idea that only some speech should be allowed. If you wish to chide others on their overreactions, I'd suggest that you stick with people like Oliver Darcy and his reckless comments and ideas. I don’t want violence but crap like he is espousing will guarantee it.

Rere, you seem to think that you must counter most statements made by conservatives because you are a liberal. That is not the case. We can and do have common ground. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

The idea of violence in our country, American vs American, is abhorrent to me and to you I'm sure. However, we both should also know that at some point we are playing with fire. Eventually cooler heads will not prevail.

Stuff like what we all saw from Darcy will cause things to boil over. It's absolutely un-American.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
Are you willing to start a war over censoring these networks? Remember doing business in America is a privilege not a right. You’re required to offer equality even with the smelly rednecks at like Walmart And Olive Garden.
William Wallace comes to mind before our great American Patrick Henry. Freedom by death before uniformity.

Are you so stupid you think Mel Gibson's William Wallace was historically accurate?
LOL is Mel Gibson the first thing you think of when you read the words William Wallace? LOL You realize the real William Wallace was a hero to Scotland and has a statue right next to Robert the Bruce in Edinburgh. LOL You went for a burn and just exposed yourself. Classic.

LOL is Mel Gibson the first thing you think of when you read the words William Wallace? LOL You realize the real William Wallace was a hero to Scotland and has a statue right next to Robert the Bruce in Edinburgh. LOL You went for a burn and just exposed yourself. Classic.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT