ADVERTISEMENT

Classified Documents Found in Trump Search of Storage Site

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2021
Maybe we should search China & Russia next? 🤣

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/07/us/politics/trump-classified-documents-search.html
Classified Documents Found in Trump Search of Storage Site
The discovery came as series of searches were conducted by a team hired by the former president, after a federal judge directed his lawyers to look for any materials still in his possession.

Former President Donald J. Trump hired people to search four properties after being directed by a federal judge to look harder for any classified material still in his possession, and they found at least two documents with classified markings inside a sealed box in one of the locations, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Mr. Trump’s search team discovered the documents at a federally run storage site in West Palm Beach, Fla., the person said, prompting his lawyers to notify the Justice Department about them.

The New York Times reported in October that Justice Department officials had told the former president’s lawyers that they believed he might have more classified materials that were not returned in response to a subpoena issued in May. The F.B.I. searched Mar-a-Lago, Mr. Trump’s private club and residence in Florida, in August for additional classified documents and other presidential records.

People close to Mr. Trump had said earlier on Wednesday that no classified material had been found during the searches, a claim that was later proved incorrect. The Washington Post first reported on the locating of the two additional documents, as well as the searches of the properties.

After the warning from the Justice Department, a debate ensued among Mr. Trump’s lawyers about whether to bring in an independent firm to conduct a search.

The discovery of the documents at the storage unit, maintained by the federal General Services Administration, came during a series of wider searches that were completed around Thanksgiving and conducted at Mr. Trump’s golf club in Bedminster, N.J.; at Trump Tower in New York; and in a storage closet at Mar-a-Lago, according to two people familiar with the events.

Steven Cheung, a spokesman for Mr. Trump, said in a statement that the former president and “his counsel continue to be cooperative and transparent, despite the unprecedented, illegal and unwarranted attack against President Trump and his family by the weaponized Department of Justice.”

The department is investigating the former president’s handling of thousands of government documents, including more than 300 classified ones, that were taken from the White House at the end of his term and were found at Mar-a-Lago. Prosecutors are also seeking to determine whether Mr. Trump obstructed the government’s repeated efforts to retrieve the materials.

When the Justice Department warned that it believed Mr. Trump still had documents in his possession, a lawyer whom he had hired a short time earlier, Christopher M. Kise, suggested along with other lawyers working for Mr. Trump that they engage an outside firm, according to people familiar with the events.

To be fair, “Classified” is a vague term.

Unless it was classified as “Top Secret” and he was egregiously and willfully misusing it, I’m not too concerned. I'm hitting a paywall on the article link, and I don't have a subscription, so maybe there is more to it in the article body.

If Trump gets criminally indicted, I want it to be for the right reasons—not because he kept his love letters from Kim Jong Un as souvenirs.

To be fair, “Classified” is a vague term.

Unless it was classified as “Top Secret” and he was egregiously and willfully misusing it, I’m not too concerned. I'm hitting a paywall on the article link, and I don't have a subscription, so maybe there is more to it in the article body.

If Trump gets criminally indicted, I want it to be for the right reasons—not because he kept his love letters from Kim Jong Un as souvenirs.

Fair enough but should the continued discovery of classified documents in trump's possession when he's attested to the DOJ that's he's returned everything create probable cause to search his other properties?

How many ooops can I get a pass should law enforcement allow before the suspect shouldn't be believed?

How long should it be before trump has to explain his actions in interrogation interview with law enforcement?

If you or I stole property under the guise that "I thought it was mine" ...

How long would it take before you had to face a police interview room?

I agree, in principle.

But most people don’t come into contact with classified material as often as presidents.

Again, it really depends on the specifics. I just don’t want the DOJ to indict him over a bunch of chickens—- things. That would feel like political witchhunt.

I agree, in principle.

But most people don’t come into contact with classified material as often as presidents.

Again, it really depends on the specifics. I just don’t want the DOJ to indict him over a bunch of chickens—- things. That would feel like political witchhunt.

How are you going to know unless you search and get back the missing documents if possible

The National Archive & the intelligence community have a good idea of what's missing

How are you going to know unless you search and get back the missing documents if possible

The National Archive & the intelligence community have a good idea of what's missing

I'm fine with them investigating and retrieving the missing documents. I'm just saying that if he gets indicted, I don't want it to be over trivial things.

Fair enough but should the continued discovery of classified documents in trump's possession when he's attested to the DOJ that's he's returned everything create probable cause to search his other properties?

How many ooops can I get a pass should law enforcement allow before the suspect shouldn't be believed?

Reactions: dezyDeco
Classified documents found in Stacy Abrams;
FlXXoXOWAAERLVt

This thread didn’t age well
Ray ray is acting like he doesn't see the entire board LOL

But will @Uniformed_ReRe circle back with us? Before he seemed to imply that Trump was guilty of....something, but he didn't want Trump busted for this.

However, Hiden IS guilty here, as he did NOT have the declassification powers as VP that Trump does as President.

I'm sure @Uniformed_ReRe will be along shortly to call a spade a spade, and tell us how this is grounds to remove Hiden from office.

Right after ray ray does.

Trump lawyers find classified documents? I thought the Trump haters told us Trump wasn't cooperating with the FBI?

Ray ray? bsc? kalim?

But but but.....MSNBC said....

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT